• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Artanisix

r86I4F4.png

Dota 2
Developer: Valve
Platform: PC (Steam)
Price: Free
Engine: Source 2
Genre: Action Real Time Strategy
Number of players: 10 (possibly more or less for custom games)

System Requirements

Windows
MINIMUM:
Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Mac OS X

MINIMUM:
Processor: Dual core from Intel
Graphics: nVidia 320M or higher, or Radeon HD 2400 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher

Linux/SteamOS

MINIMUM:
Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
Graphics: nVidia Geforce 8600/9600GT (Driver v331), AMD HD 2xxx-4xxx (Driver mesa 10.5.9), AMD HD 5xxx+ (Driver mesa 10.5.9 or Catalyst 15.7), Intel HD 3000 (Driver mesa 10.6)
Sound Card: OpenAL Compatible Sound Card

What is Dota 2?

Dota started as “Defense of the Ancients”, a custom map for Warcraft III. The game evolved ever since then. It’s latest developer, IceFrog, was hired by Valve to create a sequel to DotA. Another older developer of DotA, Eul, was also hired by Valve. IceFrog and Eul would work along with the rest of Valve’s staff to essentially create a remake of Dota in the Source engine, titled Dota 2. Since then, the game has actually been ported to Valve’s new Source 2 engine.

Dota 2 was the same as Warcraft III Dota when it began, and now is the definitive version of Dota out there. Warcraft III Dota was updated for a few years, but has been mostly phased out in favor of Dota 2, as very few people play it anymore.

Dota is a game about using your five heroes to push down lanes of enemy creeps, alongside your own, to destroy the other team’s ancient building. Whichever team destroys the other’s ancient first is the winner. In theory this sounds simple, but in practice there is a ton more to it. At the Valve-organized International tournament in 2015, Valve put together a series of videos that introduced Dota to people that are unfamiliar with it.

This is Dota - A brief video that explains what Dota is, and the objective of the game, as well as a few details of working toward that objective.

Resources and Places to Start

Dota is, by nature, a very complex game. Many figures in the community have written guides to help new players get into the game. Here are some of those resources:

Welcome to Dota, You Suck - The famous starter guide that has been around for a very long time written by Kevin “Purge” Godec. It has been updated in 2015, so it should all be applicable in today’s Dota. If you don’t read anything else in this OT, I highly recommend starting here.
Dota 2 Hero Explorer - This is from Valve’s official site for Dota 2, and has every single hero with details of their abilities, along with short video clips of each individual ability in action.
Dota 2 Item Explorer - Lists every item in the game, what they do, how much they cost, and where you can find them in the shop. These may seem overwhelming at first, but learning them will come with time.
Dota 2 Wiki - The Dota 2 Wiki hosted by Curses, written and contributed to by the community. This contains a lot of similar information to the Hero and Item explorers linked above, however it does have more detailed information, and special caveats of heroes and items you might not have known. It also has every hero’s voice lines if you would like to listen to them.

Patch Cycle

Dota 2’s balancing is done by one man who goes by the moniker of IceFrog. IceFrog works for Valve and has a long history with Dota’s development ever since the Warcraft III days. He likely takes input from some other people, especially Eul, one of the original developers of Dota who is҉ als҉o ͝a̶t̷ ̵Val͜ve, b̸ut for ͏t͘h͞e most̀ p̷a̛r̷t d͜oes҉ the ͠b̀aļanc҉ing͡ h͞įmself̀. ̛B҉al͠a͠n͡ce ͜pa͟tch̨es͟ ́t̢yp͟i͜call̴y͘ come o͡ut͢ ̀e̡ve͘ry͜ 3-5 month̀s.̴ Us̶u̕ąll̴y Ic̸eFrog w̡a̡its̀ ųn̷til̡ a͜ft̷e̷r ̨a ̡b͘i̷g͜ ͘t̵ou҉rn̴am̴e̡n̵t ̧i̧s͠ ov́e̕r҉ ̕to̡ pu͘t o҉ut a̧ ͘p͟a̸tch. T̵ḩęs͡e ͡ba̛ląnce p̴at̴ch̵e̴s ̛us̸ua̶ll͡y ̵cơme͘ ͢out in̵ th͘e ͝form͡ of p͞a͟t̨ch͟ ̸no̶te͘s̴ ̸oņ ̕the̴ ͏offi͞c͝ia̧l D͏ota̧ ͟2͞ ̨we͘bs̨ite҉, w̶hi̢ch̷ dȩt̴a̡il̵ e҉verỳ ͞sińgle҉ ̛c̷ha͝ņg̛e ̵m͘a͝d͜e̢ ̷t͞o ̷t͠h͜e͘ ̢g̷ame.͏
͡
T̀ḩes̨e̷ c̢ha̢ng͞es ̧ca͏n̷ ̀be̸ anythįng̵ ͝f͡r͜om̢ ̴a̴d̷j͞ustiņg n̷umbers, t͢o̴ ͝r͘e͜w͜orked̴ ̶abi̕l͟i͟t҉i̢e͜s,́ ͘o͢r even͢ ͝j́u͟s҉t͢ co̡mṕl̡et͏e̴ly r̶ȩwor͞k͏i̡n͞ǵ ̷a͘ ̕he͟ro̢ ̧a͏lt̡og̢e̸ther̡.̧ ̵N͞ew i͝tems͠ ͏a͝r̛ȩ ͢also a͏ ̸poss̵ib̴i̸l̢ity,͏ ̛a͘nd̶ ͝even̶ new ҉h̵e̸ro͜es ̕ar͞e potȩnt́i͞al̶ly on t͠h̶e ̕t̨abl̶e͝.
̸
N͏e̢ẃ ͡he̢roeś ̕a̕r̨e ͞les̵s ͟l̕iḱely͞ ţo com̛e ͏ẁi͝th̡ ̢b͠a̢la͠nce ҉pat͘ches҉ ̨u̸n͡l̕es͜s̷ th̷eỳ ar͝e̸ ̴tḩe míssíng̸ her͞oe̷s͞ f͟r̵om͞ ͜Ẃa̡rc҉raft̛ ̶I҉I҉I D̢ota. In̕ ͏W̸a̶r͏c͞ra͠ft I̴II͠ D̴o̵ta, c̸͝r̷͜͠e̢̛͢ą̀͟ti̷͠ng̛͠ ҉̛h͟e̵̢ro̵̧e̵͜s̸ ͢wa̸͠s̶ ̶͘a̕͟͝ ́͝m͢ų͡c͘͞h s̴͟͝i͜͡m͠҉p̶̧l͜e̢r̶̨̛ ̛p͏r̷ơc͞es̛͠ś̴̕ ̷̡a̴s í͜t̕͟͝ g͠e̷n҉e҉r̢à̀l̡͟l̢͝y̶ ̵̢̨i̵̢n͜vo͝l̷v̷e̛͠ḑ͠ ̛͘ṕ͘i͜c̀͝ki̸n̵͜g҉̢̧ ̴a ̧̢̀u҉͏n̡͠it͏ ͟t҉͢h̛́a͘t͢ ̶w̷a̧̛s͡ ͏ǹ̸̡ó̷̶t̷̵̛ ̨͞͠usè͢͞d ̕f̵̕r̕͟o͡ḿ͢͡ ̛́W͜ar̨̧c͘r͡á̷ft ̀I͏͟II,̶́ d҉͡eş̀͞í̧g̀ǹi̡̢͜ń͘g͠͞ ̡a ̴҉̀se̶t̨ ̴o͡f̸ ͏̕a̸͏̵b̴͡i̕l̷͝͞i̢t̕į͢͠e̵s҉ ̶ą̧͡n̷̢͜d͞ ̶̨̧m͡a͝k̡i͏̀ǹ̕͟g͞҉͢ ̴̢͟i͟͠t͝ ͟͞b͏͞a̵l̷̵̛a͞ǹ̷͜c̢e̛d̀͟.̢͘

҉̀͢Th̡͘e͏͟ p͞a̶̵̢t̶̵c̨̢͟h҉̛e҉͏s̀ ͏̢͢a̸l̵͘͟s҉͠o ̷c͞o͢͝͞n̷͟t̕͡a̴i͘n͠͠ ͢t̸͡҉he̴̢͠ ̧̀p̷ó̷s̕͜si̡͏͠b͏il̨͠i͏tỳ ͢of a̧d̶d̸i͠n̢͞ǵ͟͠ o̸̧͡ŕ ̷̀r̷̴̛e̷͢ḿǫ͢v҉̧i͝n̴g͜͟ ͡͝h̴͝e̡r̨̡̕ơ̧̢e̶͟s͘ ̵͞f̕ŗom҉͠͞ ͡Ç͠a̶̢͡pt͘a̛͝ì͜n̢͟͡s͢ ̵M̀o҉҉̵d̵̢̧e͠͠.̶̨ ͘Ć̕a̕p̧ta̵̷i͟ns͏ ͝M̵̵ớd͏e̸ ́͘͝i̶̧s ̡͢t̡h̛e͟ g̨͠a̴҉m͏e̴̡ ̴͢ḿ̨ò͞d̢́̕è͘͡ wh̵̕͘e͢͏̛r̢̨ȩ b̛o̴̕t̕h̡̀ ̴҉̡t̛eam҉̛s̵͏ ̨̛͟h͟a͞v͟͏͢e͡͠҉ ͘c̷͘à̴pt͢҉̛ai҉͞n̷̵s ̴̡w͟h̨͜ơ̴͝ t̸̷͘a͟k͜͠e̶ ţ̡ù͠r̸͡n ҉b̢̛a̷̴̧ņ͜n͟͝͡į̵n͟͝g ̛a̸̸͟nd҉̨̡ ͢p͞i͡c̸ki͟ǹ̛͞g ͘h̛ę̴͏r̨ó͏e̸͜s̵͞,̀͏ u͏͜n͝t̛͜il͟ ̸̴̨th҉̡̡e̴ỳ̛ hą̕͘v̵e̴̢ ̨f͠͏͏i҉v͘e ҉͠p͠͞͝í̧̨ck̕͠s҉̛ ̡ànd̨͝ ̴͏҉f̸̧i̶v̢ȩ̵̛ ̧͞b̕a҉ņs̡̛.̧̨̀ C͏̵̛ap͘͜t̵̛͠a͢įn̡͟s͏̕ ́͠Mo͏d̛e͏͡ ͟i̡̡̧s̡ ́͠t͜h͡͠e̸̕͝ ͟͠wa̶y̵͏ ̢all ̷c͟͡ơ̢͠mpet̴̸̀i̵t̀́i҉ve̕ D͈̖͔̼̥̥̘͔̩͝o̦̼̥t̜̯̪̯̺̖͖̮͡a͓̮̭̳̳̬͢ ̶̬̞͔͉m̸̭͚̲a̹͢ţ͎̬̣͢͢c͓͈̹̥̮͚h̡͎͠e̸̷͔̬͙͟s͖̀ ̫͍̣̩̞͢͜a҉͏͈̹r̷̸̨̥͚̻̹̠̯ę̢̩͎̳̮ͅ ̲͓̣̺͡p͇̮̠̮̝̖̹ĺ̶͏̻̝͇a̝̜̝͙͡y̵̮̻e̜̥͚͖͎͘d̷̞̹.̵̠͙̤̟̜̯̀̀ ̢̝̰̘̮͍͖̲͡H̗̤̼e̠̰̰̫̟̬̲͜ṟ̶͓̼́o̧̪̗̘̮̯̥̖͇͢e͖̫̭͓͜s͎̹̖̳̖͕͠ͅ ͏͓͉͔͖̲̼̰͎̯n̡̝̠͍͖͔͈o̶҉͕̭̩͕͔͇̬t̫̺̼̗͞ ̵̢̲̳̲̪̯͟i͏̖͕̥̙́n̸̛͍̻̰͕̕ͅ ̭͡ͅC̼̙a̟͚̙p͇̩̩̟͔̟͘ͅt̴̠͈̬̱̰̱͓a҉̵͉̘̬i̳͇̰͕̝̼n̵̫̣̯͢͜s̷̗̬̙̭͉̱ ̷̻̤̻M̢͎͠ó̴̢̭͔̞̲ͅd̸̞͔̬͓͖̝̲̗͚ȩ͖̝͚͓͖̙̞́ ̸̘̬̺̼̲̲͖̩͟a̢͏̤͓̫͡r҉͇͇͚̥̙́͡e̵̢͙͞ ̯͙̗u̧̩͈̰̩̠s͍̠̟u̺̺̯̞̟̬̞̠a͖̹l̵̰͕̠͓̖͉̻̀̕ͅļ̟̻̫̱̱̮y̺̲͕̦̟̦ ͈̹̘͕̱͇̗̣͜n͏͏̠͎o̧͈͎̙̮̝͓͙ṭ̨̙͇̰̠̯͟ͅ ̱̥͜i̧̛̪̭̰͖͚͕̦͟n͓̙̠̪̙͜͞ ͕͍̟e̡̺͇̥̯̯͞i̱̲̪̤̟ͅt҉̴͉̗̥͓͔̰͇ḩ̵̻̭̭̦͡e̡͚̝̫̳̬̲r̢̠͕̖ ̤b̦̟̻̤͘͞͝e͙̮̬͔̤͚c̫̩͘a̭̮̟̭̳̺͈̻u̵̪̞̠̙̳̳s̺̩e҉̗̫͍̙̠̭͝ ̟̀͘͜t̨̗̘̱͙̺̪̫͞h̸̙è͍͚̫̝̲̞̩̝y̵̧͖ ̴͏͔̖̕a̶̝͓ŕ̭̤̤͟͡e͔͎̲̺͝͞ͅ ̹͖̮̫̪͓̀͘͠n͎̲e̩̳͕̝ẁ̶͖̻ ͈͕̲͉͝a̷̸̢̖̪̲̖n̵̗͖̯͚̮͇̻̥̮d̸̥͕͎̱̬̣ ̧̰͉͓̩͜Į̴̤̞̩͚͇͙̙͕c̶̼͈̹̞̖͍̱͔̀ḛ͍̖͇̼F̛͈̫̳r̸̢̤͙̭̪ó͕̙̙͓̣̼̮̕g̭̺͖͕̼̠͡ͅ ̰̺̙̟ì̧̧̻͇ş͇̦̱̮́ ͘͏̼̼̩̪̝̟̗ņ̜͔̤͓͟͢o̲͙̪̼̭̙͔̹̜t̰̯̲͜ ͏͍̮̥̙̰͙̼̞̕͠s̷̗͚̳̩̬͍̯̰a̤̞͡t̴̢͇̝̰̻̥̫̠͔i̷̪͇͚̞͎s̨͜͏̲̘͇ͅf̡̗̼̞̯ͅi͏̖͈̰̮̣̤̮͔e̦̠̪͎̝̲̖̖d͡҉̪̪̬͔͘ ̗̪̰̲̘͎̥͎̀͠w̙̼͉̬͟i̸͎̯̫̭̞̤̬͘t͏̡̖̖h̵͎̭̯̜̙̖̞͎͟͜ ̨̤̭h͈̙̟̺̜͙o͈̣͟͞w̵̦̭̤͕͎̪̞͠ ̵̻̙͖̗͉̘͎̦́w̨̥͈̹̱͖e͖̝̼̻̪̤ĺ̡͇̻͖̼̟͎̖l̜̹̩̳̦ͅͅ ̸̯̝̮͚̫̭̰̮͞t̵̠ͅh̨͇͖̗̻e̻͓̙̩̖̩͔͇y̯̝̰̱̬ ̟̦̰͠͡ą͔͚̤͔͈̲͘r̨̤͙̻͚̖̭͞e̸̝͈͘͢ ͝҉̞͕͇͚̬͓͝b͎̯̭̻͙̙͇́͞á̶͖͔l̷̳̰̻̬͉͍a̦͕̕͝n̷̴̨̯̙̺̝̰̥c̮̻̘̙̖̻e͍͉̦͙̪̰͜͢d̵̡͎͔͖̫̣̕ ̰̳̗͚̳̹͉͘͢ͅy̘̝̜͝e͓̘͖̯̞͉ͅt̛̼̝͟,̜̦͈͕̹̼̣͕ ̧̨̮̖͎͖o̸̷̫̟̜͔r̵̛̪̮̫͡ ̵̩̰̹͚͍̞͝ͅt̝̜͔́h͎̀͟e̸̡͔͙͇̫͕͓͘y̸͓̱̤̯͎͙̕̕ ̻̙͎̱͍̗͎̘̰g͓̙͕̀o̧̯͔̥̲͍̜t̸͍͜ ̷͖͖̞͔̯̕a͏̟̠͇͢ ҉̛̛̰͔p̛͍̖͓̭̬̘ò̢͚̤͍̗t̪̠̬̹͔̩̕e̟͉̼̪̼̲͟n̺̩͚̟̺̬̺̙̝͡t̶̝̹͉͓̣̳͎̲̕ì̘̝̬̻̬͞͞a̜͇̹ļ̖̺̤͇͍͔̞͝l̗̘͉͎y̟̬̖͜ ̰̩̻̀̀͞o̷̧̯͍̣͍͕̙̱͍͘ͅv̫̠͈̤͚̬̲͔́̕e̳͚͝r̨̡̭̱̤̣͙̜͎͎̀p̵̖̗̞̻̭̟̗͙͜o̸̧̠̩̞̳͈͖w̝̫͇͟e̡̙̹͉̣̞̪̪͇̭͘ṟ̱̥̹͙̲̥͟͠ͅe͏̦̺͇̮͈d͏̢̡̟̩̯̤͉̣̰ ҉͔͙͈͘͢r̬̮̘̩͉̬͟ͅe̶̗̦̗ẃ̲͈̤̩̣̻͕͡o͍̦͉̱͖̕͠ͅr̶̹̠̪k̵̖͜͟ ̶̟̫̪̟t̙̙͙̪̦o̴̱͕͇̹̲ ͇͉͓̜̠a̪̰̘̩̮͜͟n̛͏̪ ̷̬̰ạ̛̭̤̹̺̯̞͠b̶̨͍͎i͇͍l͔͚̯ì̯̟͈̕t̛͇͓̦̲̼̪̻y̠̳͇̻̮ ̺̜̙̫̘̬̗a̲̲̣̜̥͕n̴̠͉̞͎͕̟̬d̘̬̩̝̞͔ ̨̯͉͟͡a̶̢͇̰̲͝r͈̙̝̳é̝̼͎ ̨̖̰̪̝͉ţ̤̳̦̭̘̭͇̯͞é̠̺̹̦̗͎͔̙m̝̼̳̹͘p͎̠̖̯̬͕͓̦ò̰r̨̧͔̞͓͘a̢̦̣͔̫̫̼͉r̞͇̘͉͚̠͕i҉̴̖̱̩l̪̫̻̀ỵ̢̳̣̟̠̮́ ̥̬̫͓͔̼̭̩̬r̢̮͎̤̯̦͕ę̶̞̭̫m̵̞̫̺̰̥o̜̬̟̳̮̦ͅṿ̸̡̬̜̭͝e̷̢̗̼̦̜͔d̰͔̬͝ ̪̖͈̲̀f̠̯̱̣o͟͏͉ŕ̜̫̪̜̺̠̙ ̴̠̻f̭̮̜̦̙͙̫͜i҉͙̖̬͕̰̭̜e͏̼̯̯͍̫l̸̗̳̖̦̻̙d̵̩̞͓̀ ̡̮̼̪͕̀ţ̝e̤̕͡s͓̣̠͔̲̪͟ͅͅt̤̫́͟͠i͎̙̗̜̙̻͚͟͡ņ̱̥̕g̪̙̦̱̦̀͡ ̸̨̱̬̤p̡͚͚̠̤͙̥̦u҉̠͍̣̳̯̪̺͠r͎̙̤͞p͖̟̩̩̮͠o̤̣̻͓̙̭͈̠s̵͍̥̼̭͟e̯̠̪s͎̠͕͔̫̲͇̟͠.̛̛̤̲̼͉̠ͅ ̧̳͈T͖͘͢h̡͙̫̗͚̙̖͈̀͟e̸̫̦̪͠ ̞̣́h̰͇̳͓͞e̷̫͚̱͖̱ͅr҉̴͇̬̲͉̜̤ͅo̷̵͏̞̪̪͇̭͇è̤̹̖͙͖͠s҉̟͖̦̲ ̘̳͠ṋ̘̥͠͠ó̤͖̼̘͙ͅt̛͉͚̙͓̜̤̬̦͎̀ ̛̤̥͇̠̻̀̕a҉̬̟̫̲̺́v͠͞͏̩̰͖̯̤͕̟̼a҉̛̬̲̮̣̮̥i̱̘l̳͕̹̞̩̥̜̠͢ͅą̷̜̭̹̣̤̱͜b̸̘̙̯̺͟ĺ͍̀͜e̡̺̳͝ ̯̮͕̥͙͙͞i̜̝ṋ̷̢̖͙͎̳̳̙̕ ̭͉̱͍͟C̤͍̺͢a҉̨̭p͏̜̙̫̳̮͚͡ͅt͍̜̩̙̀͞ͅa̵̩͈̰̗̻̟̱̬͟i̵͉͙̜̫͎͕͜͞n̫̱̱̖̦s̵͓̯̱̪͘̕ ̶̵̧̪̭̫̫M̵͓̟̱͢͞o̧̳͝d͔͎͔̥̥̦͢ḙ̴̵̞͟ ̯͇͓̤̕͡a͕ͅr̡̡͕̘̭͚e̤̜̠̟̙͚̹͎̕̕ ͏̢̗͎̘ͅp̡̠͇̱͉̥͚̰̟̦̕i͡҉͎̳̤̟̳͎͞c͕̘̕͢ķ̨͎̩͇͎͓a̢̰̺̦̫͈̩̙͉̻b̶̢̮͈͔̩͕͟ͅl̥̠e͚̝͔̦̰͖͖ ̵̡͔̩͉͔̹̕i̷̝̤̰̯̩n̨̲̦̣͉̥͓̦̜̹ ̨̧̹̱̯͟ą̦̱́͡n͍̖͓̻̥̖̕y̧̛̳̜̤͇̼̻͚̙͢ ̷͠҉͉̜͓̖ó̟̜͖͟͡ţ̸̴̼̰̻̲h̷̢̪̗e̪̠̥͜r͘҉͙̜ ҉̹͍͖͎̟͉͢m̫̼̜͙̝̗̞͜ͅo̰͜͝d̦̝̳̖̭̥͞e̛̫̪̬ ̷̬̪͕͓̀i̸͖̞n̩͚͈̬ ̝̙̗͖̩̞͉͈̠̀t̢̖͕͎̞̳͕̣͜͞h̨̦̲̠e͇̘̳̘͎ ̸̞ģ͖̖̟͇͍͚͕̻͔́͞a͔̫̘̩̟͙͎͠ṃ̯͚̣̲͖̘̳̕͠é͔̰̩̗.̛͇̫̜̼͞

Heroes

J1zjy9M.png

b6Olxn0.png

6hOSkIZ.png

PzkG5ac.png

UuvIL4s.png

6iTpBMb.png

DOTA2

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finally. You owe me an F5 key milk

edit: shit that OP is heavy. Love me or hate me, you guys are the closest thing I have to a GAF family. :(

wow shrugg lives on forever I guess.

I appreciate that Elder Titan appears right above the word MORE.

League remains a superior game and more mature community.

I think that's everything?????

edit: oh yeah nvm I forgot that neogaf dot com username "godelsmetric" continues to suck.

Is there a hero easier to rampage with than Sven? I've had quite a lot of rampages and I'm certain 50% of those were Sven games and the rest were distributed evenly between random carries. Perhaps 2 or 3 with Spec as well, not quite sure. Sven in my opinion is by far the most likely hero in the game to score a rampage. You just kill people in the background by accident and all of a sudden you got triple kill and another of your stuns is coming off cooldown..

edit: New Death Prophet is not bad at it either to be fair.

Is there a hero easier to rampage with than Sven? I've had quite a lot of rampages and I'm certain that 50% of those were Sven games and the rest were distributed evenly between random carries. Perhaps 2 or 3 with Spec as well, not quite sure. Sven in my opinion is by far the most likely hero in the game to score a rampage. You just kill people in the background by accident and all of a sudden you got triple kill and another of your stuns is coming off cooldown..

edit: New Death Prophet is not bad at it either to be fair.

my only rampage was with a sven and I think he is the best at getting rampage
other heroes would be
ember
jug
wd with aghs?

my only rampage was with a sven and I think he is the best at getting rampage
other heroes would be
ember
jug
wd with aghs?

I have never seen a WD get a rampage even though it sounds good on paper. At least one person will be smart enough to walk out of Death Ward range probably. Never seen Jugg get one either.

In my opinion:

1. Sven
2. Spectre
3. Sniper
4. Ember
5. OD
6. Gyro
7. Bristleback
8. Phantom Assassin
9. Weaver
10. Techies

I find farmed Sniper when his team is behind and the enemy team is pushing your rax and then overextending to be among the easier rampage occasions. Bristleback needs to be ahead and has a better shot at scoring rampages in the mid game than most heroes.

As shitty as he currently is Bloodseeker is (or was) extremely good at getting rampages.

When all 5 are low and he chases every last one and last hits them? I could see it happen but BS sure would need a lot of set up from his team mates to achieve this I feel. I recall seeing one BS rampage in a similar fashion before he got reworked.

When all 5 are low and he chases every last one and last hits them? I could see it happen but BS sure would need a lot of set up from his team mates to achieve this I feel. I recall seeing one BS rampage in a similar fashion before he got reworked.
That's correct but in teamfights and with the right heroes (Zeus mostly) it's easier than people think.

Nere

So I try to play a game of dota today and can't pick all pick on ranked. For the next few Day's only Captain's mode and Random draft will be availabe in ranked matchmaking....... What is this shit??? Do we have any clue how many days "the next few days" is??? Really pissed off.

Aselith

New thread for disabled all pick

So I try to play a game of dota today and can't pick all pick on ranked. For the next few Day's only Captain's mode and Random draft will be availabe in ranked matchmaking....... What is this shit??? Do we have any clue how many days "the next few days" is??? Really pissed off.

Play random

Nere

Just played captain's mode. Right when the game starts the captain and another guy says mid or feed then the captain not realizing he is the captain goes afk so no bans were picked for our team. The enemy team starts picking a dream team while our captain who returns eventually picks a team with only supports. I am done with dota until they bring all pick back, disabling all pick is such an idiotic move which I can't even comprehend, can't believe some people support it here.

abunai

all pick blows, I'd get ptsd from seeing patch hero pickers all the time
fuck invoker, even troll wasn't this awful

i'm out the loop but did they give a reason for removing it? are valve gonna add a single ban mode?

hey new avatar imp, not anime enough for this thread

They haven't commented on why they removed it. Perhaps to finally make ultra high MMR (5.5k+) games a bit more diverse.

I also think 6.83c Troll was better than this version's Invoker. His pickrate was lower because it was shared between him and Sniper mostly I think.

kionedrik

Why are you solo queuing in captains mode? Only play that with a full party otherwise it'll be miserable.

Random Draft was, is and will forever be the superior mode anyway. You should be thankful AP is out of ranked.

Nere

Why are you solo queuing in captains mode? Only play that with a full party otherwise it'll be miserable.

Random Draft was, is and will forever be the superior mode anyway. You should be thankful AP is out of ranked.

No I am not thankful I want to have the option to pick a hero I like not have the system or someone else pick a hero for me.

inkls

Rd tends to have a pretty similar hero pool everygame.

Like when storm was prevalent he was in the rd pool everygame for me, right now i see nyx in every pool.

It does also limit counterpicks

Now you have even fewer options to counter fotm heroes lol

Aselith

Random draft is garbage people are queueing with heroes they can't play and then just afking

Random draft is garbage people are queueing with heroes they can't play and then just afking

Aren't there like almost 50 available? How would your described scenario ever happen? If you can play ~50 heroes merely to the point where you better afk in fountain to prevent feeding, then your team fucking deserved those -25. Obviously, I can see why one would be upset that a game mode was removed (Nere could have played RD ranked before too) so the only reason for this action I see is to make top MMR games more interesting. Clearly, games on that level technically concern only very few of us but perhaps Valve is sick of seeing the top MMR being inflated further.

Aselith

Aren't there like almost 50 available? How would your described scenario ever happen? If you can play ~50 heroes merely to the point where you better afk in fountain to prevent feeding, then your team fucking deserved those -25. Obviously, I can see why one would be upset that a game mode was removed (Nere could have played RD ranked before too) so the only reason for this action I see is to make top MMR games more interesting. Clearly, games on that level technically concern only very few of us but perhaps Valve is sick of seeing the top MMR being inflated further.

"My team" lol Well I'll enjoy going down rank then because I deserve it for daring to play the game during this time.

Top Bottom