• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Within |OT| Your Soldiers Never Asked For This

Curufinwe

When I'm done with my normal playthru of EW I will finally give Classic a go. Maybe I'll go back to EU to get the Earth First Achievement.

I lost Brazil due to miscalculating how long it would take to get a Satellite Nexus up and running, but have been coating for the most part.

I didn't notice a huge jump in difficulty between Normal and Classic, aside from not being able to one shot Sectoids with grenades (which is pretty cheap anyway). Same tactics apply, flank and use full cover.. To me the difficulty really jumps at Impossible. My Impossible Ironman vanilla run is not yet finished, but I'm kind of busy with other games at the moment.. When I feel the urge to finish that, I will probably also grab Enemy Within at the earliest sale.

Guys, I'm so sorry for bumping this but I ran into the black screen issue when (mission spoiler)
defending HQ
. See here for video (not mine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hUXCeJMkw

I read about this solution but I haven't tried it yet. Have you guys tried this? If so, do I really have to go through steps 5 & 6 (Restore File System, Rebuild Database) and do I really need to delete my XCOM:EU content (slingshot pack)?

1- Uninstalled the whole game from my PS3. (it was a digital download from the PSN).
2- Went to "game data" folder on the PS3 - but found no data for XCOM:EW
3- In the same "game data" folder, erased the data for the XCOM:EU. (*)
4- Restarted the system
5- Proceeded with the "Restore File System", as it is stated on the official PS3 blog;
6- Proceeded with the "Rebuild Database", as it is stated on the official PS3 blog;
7- Re-download the game from PSN;
8- When the game started and asked form me to hit "X" to download the update, I hit "O" to ignore it

This is the first time I've encountered any issues while playing EU/EW. Pretty bummed. I have the digital version for both, BTW.

Zzoram

Should I be dismissing anyone that gets gravely wounded? The huge loss of will makes them too panicky to use safely.

injurai

Banned
Does the android version of Enemy Within come with Enemy Unknown? I'm having a hard time confirming if this is true.

So I bought Enemy Within recently and I can't even hit 30fps at low settings with 1080p.... I have a 930m, 12gb of RAM, i7 and a decent CPU. What's going on? I even went to the Nvidia Control Panel and forced it to run the dedicated GPU

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Recently returned to this after a rough first impression way back. And I'm really enjoying it. Game is not as random as I first believed. If you're patient, you can dictate most encounters.

I will say that randomly dropping in enemies from the sky mid-battle is straight bullshit though.

Anyway... this game runs like shit on PS3! omg. Had to get that off my chest. Wish I could play this with mods man, Reading about some of them has me so jealous.

Nordicus

A friend complaining about how "unfair" XCOM 2 is got me back to playing this

First time ever on Classic Ironman went to shit because I was not prepared for how slow my progress would be made by the Marathon setting

Thinmen kept constantly one-shotting my troops, and the game was pretty much over when all I had left were basic equipped squaddies and rookies, getting squashed by pods of 3x Muton.

Second try, I turned off Marathon, rushed an early MEC, then rushed 2nd tier armor. Now going WAY better

Top Bottom