• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

If my experience as a Runescape Veteran is any indication, being a girl gives massive benefits in terms of donations from thirsty shut ins.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Random draft with a 25 hero pool never felt restrictive...I dunno why people would complain about a 50 hero pool being restrictive.

yep rd was much better with a smaller pool

but i guess valve was attempting to groom rd as the ap replacement so they just ended up making ap jr. mode

Ce5BxfaVAAAoU8N.jpg:large

PogChamp

Wok

With the current Riki, going for Treads, Diffusal and Battlefury is not super effective.

I have found going for the casual early damage / stat / movement speed advantage build is really worth it.

You do not need attack speed, you can take care of dust using ult and blink, battlefury is underwhelming with the balances brought to the ult.

I build Riki as I build Slark: OoV/Shield/Tango/Sentry/2xGG as you wish > Boots > Aquila > Phase > Drums > Sange > S&Y > Basher > BKB.

Dagon and Gem are often worth it. Rapier rush with blink can be fun if your team has a support. Straight utility with Eul and Blink makes him impossible to catch.

I always go offlane, soak exp with almost no last hits, and gank mid as soon as I can.

yep rd was much better with a smaller pool

but i guess valve was attempting to groom rd as the ap replacement so they just ended up making ap jr. mode

Agreed. 50 heroes made random draft a lot less fun. I random every game, so I'm excited to play later based on peoples reactions to being limited to 50.

Yeah totally agree. 50 Heroes just doesn't give each game enough of a unique flavor as 25 did. I dunno if I would want 50 heroes RD to be the new standard ranked mode. I wish they'd just change AP and give each player a blinded ban.

Chris R

Yeah totally agree. 50 Heroes just doesn't give each game enough of a unique flavor as 25 did. I dunno if I would want 50 heroes RD to be the new standard ranked mode. I wish they'd just change AP and give each player a blinded ban.

Only issue with the blind band is that stacks can "abuse" the feature. If they brought back solo q tho

bbd23

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/03/tickets-for-the-international-2016/

Returning to Seattle’s KeyArena, The International Dota 2 Championship once again brings the world’s top Dota teams together to battle for the Aegis of Champions, with the main event set to run for 6 days from Monday August 8th through Saturday August 13th.

Tickets will go on sale April 7th at 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM Seattle Time, and this year’s competition will offer two ticket options. The Midweek ticket—available for $75—will grant attendance to the first four days of the event August 8th – 11th, and includes access to the opening ceremony and the All-Star match. The Finals ticket—available for $100—will grant access to the last two days of the main event, August 12th and 13th. Both ticket options can be purchased in a single order.

Hylian7

Finally.

So here's the deal. With my financial situation, I'm not 100% sure I will be able to go.

However, I plan on buying both ticket options, and if it turns out that I cannot go, I will sell them to someone here from GAF for the exact price I paid for them. No scalping, no bullshit.

If it turns out I can't go, and a bunch of people ask to buy it, then I'll determine who gets it by drawing.

Chris R

Well, I am going to try to ask for that week off, but I don't think it's going to be granted.

Still plan on buying a ticket, just in case I've got a new job between now and then Kappa

Hylian7

I mean I was shocked when they left the tickets at 100 last year. Don't worry though they have a lawn for everyone.

Hopefully it doesn't rain. The weather was clear the whole week last year, so lots of people sat on the lawn. Who knows what will happen if it rains at all this year.

If the weather can stay like it was last year though, that would be great.

175 for a full week ticket lul

I'm surprised they increased the price too, but it's still a good deal. A lot of conventions and stuff can cost almost that much for just ONE DAY and this gets you an entire week. It's really a pretty good deal.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
$175 this year? God damn. Really wish they still offered VIP tickets, I'd buy them now that I have a decent paying job.

Chris R

Oh, and if I have a ticket and can't attend I too will be selling it AT price ($175 is the list price, it will probably be close to $200 with fees tacked on)

One day I will go to TI. But I really really don't want to go by myself.

So this year is not the year.

I've had a blast the past two years going 'solo'. You can meet some gaffers and have a blast watching the games, enjoy Seattle and get a vacation in all at the same time.

Hylian7

One day I will go to TI. But I really really don't want to go by myself.

So this year is not the year.

You can always join up with the GAF people, a lot of us will be there. I went by myself last year, and then hung out with the GAF group. We hit bars and restaurants later in the week, it was a great time.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably go this year but work could be a dick and just cancel my leave if something comes up.

Top Bottom