• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Nere

Aren't there like almost 50 available? How would your described scenario ever happen? If you can play ~50 heroes merely to the point where you better afk in fountain to prevent feeding, then your team fucking deserved those -25. Obviously, I can see why one would be upset that a game mode was removed (Nere could have played RD ranked before too) so the only reason for this action I see is to make top MMR games more interesting. Clearly, games on that level technically concern only very few of us but perhaps Valve is sick of seeing the top MMR being inflated further.

Then maybe they can make it so if your MMR is higher than, let's say 5k, they disable all pick. This way us noobs can be happy playing dota.

shira

I watched samurai champloo and now my Netflix suggestion qeue is full of anime.

What have I done.

f1464873e5e8f4dacaae252ccc373f32.jpg

Just played captain's mode. Right when the game starts the captain and another guy says mid or feed then the captain not realizing he is the captain goes afk so no bans were picked for our team. The enemy team starts picking a dream team while our captain who returns eventually picks a team with only supports. I am done with dota until they bring all pick back, disabling all pick is such an idiotic move which I can't even comprehend, can't believe some people support it here.

Hah this happened to me. Captain goes afk we get no bans and random drafts which ended up being horrible whole the other team picked a perfect draft. Captain comes back and says he didn't realize he flagged captain

kionedrik

Then maybe they can make it so if your MMR is higher than, let's say 5k, they disable all pick. This way us noobs can be happy playing dota.

Think of it as an opportunity to try new heroes instead of playing the same thing over and over. Besides, RD hero pool is pretty large as it is (I believe originally was 30 and now is 40 (?)) so the probabilities of being able to play some hero you like is pretty high.

Nere

Hah this happened to me. Captain goes afk we get no bans and random drafts which ended up being horrible whole the other team picked a perfect draft. Captain comes back and says he didn't realize he flagged captain

Yeah fuck that going to take a break from dota until all pick returns.

Nere

Think of it as an opportunity to try new heroes instead of playing the same thing over and over. Besides, RD hero pool is pretty large as it is (I believe originally was 30 and now is 40 (?)) so the probabilities of being able to play some hero you like is pretty high.

The problem is neither in captain's mode neither in RD you have any choice of which hero to pick everything is random. Why don't they bring single draft to ranked? at least that would allow some choice instead of full random.

kionedrik

The problem is neither in captain's mode neither in RD you have any choice of which hero to pick everything is random. Why don't they bring single draft to ranked? at least that would allow some choice instead of full random.

But it's not full random...

Random Draft select a group of 50 heroes and allows you to select one of those. The only random factor is the hero pool itself, you are able to chose the hero you want to play from that hero pool (although it is significantly smaller than the AP -complete- hero pool).

edit: Info about game modes

You are mistaking All Random with Random Draft.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Best OP yet.

RIP Shuggs :lich:

lmao @ above, classic dota player

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1202716

"I'm not going to vote midterms until the Democrats can show me they'll get things done."

"But to get anything done they need to be voted into power."

"Well maybe they should've considered that before disappointing me in '08-'10."

(I'm posting here because I don't want to get dragged into it there. Just really needed to vent.)

Did Shugga get perm'd because of the high frequency of bans (he was, like, banned once every 90 days) or because he said something outrageous? His post history is just insanely long.

Did Shugga get perm'd because of the high frequency of bans (he was, like, banned once every 90 days) or because he said something outrageous? His post history is just insanely long.

he lived a dangerous life, sometimes he would die then resurrect, until the mods of NeoGAF dot com said, "This shall be no more." and found the way to kill him permanently.

Yes, it was high ban frequency.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1202716

"I'm not going to vote midterms until the Democrats can show me they'll get things done."

"But to get anything done they need to be voted into power."

"Well maybe they should've considered that before disappointing me in '08-'10."

(I'm posting here because I don't want to get dragged into it there. Just really needed to vent.)
Not seeing what you're referring to, but sounds like American politics to me. Folks are too caught up in being vindictive or selfish to be reasonable.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Anyone playing Hyper Light Drifter? Pretty good.

Glad it just came out need something to tide me over till Dark Souls 3 and 6.97 ;_;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not seeing what you're referring to, but sounds like American politics to me. Folks are too caught up in being vindictive or selfish to be reasonable.
Mostly on the second and third pages.

Quesa

First webm looks better than the first

and is on a better website

Both look great though and load quickly though!

Random draft with a 25 hero pool never felt restrictive...I dunno why people would complain about a 50 hero pool being restrictive.

Skytylz

Banned
Random draft with a 25 hero pool never felt restrictive...I dunno why people would complain about a 50 hero pool being restrictive.

Agreed. 50 heroes made random draft a lot less fun. I random every game, so I'm excited to play later based on peoples reactions to being limited to 50.

cris7198

New OT cool

So yesterday I got another "I'm a girl can you gift me items?" I'm genuinely curious, does that shit work? I mean could there be anyone so stupid (or so desperate) to actually give shit away just cause someone has a female as profile pic

New OT cool

So yesterday I got another "I'm a girl can you gift me items?" I'm genuinely curious, does that shit work? I mean could there be anyone so stupid (or so desperate) to actually give shit away just cause someone has a female as profile pic

yes it works for me all the time

Top Bottom