• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

How can I receive unique in-game item drops on my Steam account?

As a special bonus to fans attending the event, we will be dropping unique in-game items to audience members inside of the arena. At First Blood in each individual game, 500 exclusive Attendee Treasures will drop, each containing visually-unique versions of this year's Secret Shop Immortals. To be eligible, you must have a badge linked to a Steam account and be in the arena when First Blood occurs.

Scalpers start your engines. Souvenir Drop Infused Immortalic Immortals

$175 seems really cheap actually, I'm not really understanding the confusion

but also no way in hell would I go to TI. bumming around seattle is more fun >>>>>>>>

the gaffers I've met irl mostly suck as people anyway, ESPECIALLY neogaf dot com username stevewinwood because the fucker still hasn't actually come to hang out with me!!!! fuck off neogaf dot com username stevewinwood!!!! I'll hang out in bars with people who actually keep good on their promises like sai kun!!!!!!!!!

shira

6hOSkIZ.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Going by everyone's voices I've heard so far DotaGaf falls well within the range of average looking people.

shira

Hopefully it doesn't rain. The weather was clear the whole week last year, so lots of people sat on the lawn. Who knows what will happen if it rains at all this year.

If the weather can stay like it was last year though, that would be great.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/31576/8/Seattle-Washington-United-States

x=day of month, y=% chance
PffdmCU.png

Throughout August, the most common forms of precipitation are light rain, moderate rain, and drizzle.

Light rain is the most severe precipitation observed during 50% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around August 31, when it is observed during 16% of all days.

Moderate rain is the most severe precipitation observed during 25% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around August 31, when it is observed during 9% of all days.

Drizzle is the most severe precipitation observed during 14% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around August 6, when it is observed during 4% of all days.

DrPizza

Banned
After my experience last year, I'm looking to book a hotel and flights ASAP and worry about the TI tickets later. If someone is down for splitting a hotel room or airbnb or something I am open to sharing the cost. Full week for me.

inkls

• Ranked Captain's Mode now selects the highest ranked player of each team to be captain.
  • If a captain disconnects in Captain's Mode, another player is chosen to be team captain.

Hylian7

doesn't that mean you get slowed by enemy stampede while imprisoned? Or does it mean you get the speed buff while imprisoned?
You get the buff even imprisoned.

The fact that it says "hidden" units brings about more interesting implications. It will work on the Earth panda in Brew's ult (and the others if Earth is dead)

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
You get the buff even imprisoned.

The fact that it says "hidden" units brings about more interesting implications. It will work on the Earth panda in Brew's ult (and the others if Earth is dead)

riki ult as well

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, are there any cheap hotels near the key arena, or are there only Hostels if I want to be a cheap ass?

Hylian7

So, are there any cheap hotels near the key arena, or are there only Hostels if I want to be a cheap ass?
Let me know if you find anything on this. I don't need as fancy a hotel since my girlfriend isn't coming this time.

I might do a TI6 Attendee guide for those that want to go and haven't been before, if anyone is interested.

Chris R

Define "cheap"

Because $144 a night for the hotel right next to Key Arena seems like a killer deal.

It also depends on how far you want to walk each day. The Light Rail just added two more stations, so there are more hotel and AirBnB options available now if you want to walk from the downtown station each day (or use the monorail).

Hylian7

Define "cheap"

Because $144 a night for the hotel right next to Key Arena seems like a killer deal.

It also depends on how far you want to walk each day. The Light Rail just added two more stations, so there are more hotel and AirBnB options available now if you want to walk from the downtown station each day (or use the monorail).
I was staying at the Warrick (a little over a mile from the venue) and thought I would walk. I clearly underestimated all the hills in Seattle. I took the bus the rest of the week.

Chris R

I was staying at the Warrick (a little over a mile from the venue) and thought I would walk. I clearly underestimated all the hills in Seattle. I took the bus the rest of the week.

That's three blocks further than where I was at. I'd like to stay at the Belltown Inn again because it was a decent hotel, they just keep the prices too high. Don't want to drop $$$ for a hotel until I get approval for the trip though.

shira

Let me know if you find anything on this. I don't need as fancy a hotel since my girlfriend isn't coming this time.

I might do a TI6 Attendee guide for those that want to go and haven't been before, if anyone is interested.

I am the owner of /r/TIfaq wanna make a full subreddit?

I was planning on just copy pastaing relevant threads but if you have first hand experience that might be really good.

Old habits die hard. I remember when Orchid Clinkz was THE THING.

It was the THING because at the time dota:

1. Gave less money per kill/assists
2. Did not have the killstreak break gold.
3. Supports couldn't afford much unless one-sided game.
4. The game was far less mobile, and supports (the primary targets for orchid clinkz) now have much better ways to defend themselves thanks to extra gold and items like glimmer cape.
5. Desolator is MUCH cheaper now, and you are going to kill faster than with orchid, and push even harder.
6. Magic heroes scale far better into the late game.

Hylian7

I am the owner of /r/TIfaq wanna make a full subreddit?

I was planning on just copy pastaing relevant threads but if you have first hand experience that might be really good.
Sure, that sounds good.

It was the THING because at the time dota:

1. Gave less money per kill/assists
2. Did not have the killstreak break gold.
3. Supports couldn't afford much unless one-sided game.
4. The game was far less mobile, and supports (the primary targets for orchid clinkz) now have much better ways to defend themselves thanks to extra gold and items like glimmer cape.
5. Desolator is MUCH cheaper now, and you are going to kill faster than with orchid, and push even harder.
6. Magic heroes scale far better into the late game.
Yeah, sounds about right. I think the patch that made Searing no longer UAM did the most.

honestly I think orchid is just way too expensive for an item that falls off way too hard as the game keeps going.

rarely when I buy orchid I keep it late game, sheep will give clinkz better regen stats and great disable

manta breaks it
euls breaks it
bkb exists
doesn't disable blink

change the item build for something less expensive and more people will get early mid game where is at its peak tbh

honestly I think orchid is just way too expensive for an item that falls off way too hard as the game keeps going.

rarely when I buy orchid I keep it late game, sheep will give clinkz better regen stats and great disable

manta breaks it
euls breaks it
bkb exists
doesn't disable blink

change the item build for something less expensive and more people will get early mid game where is at its peak tbh
You can't just rush a sheep, though. Orchid is so wonderful on clinkz because it gives him everything he needs. Everything. I think it's fallen off more because clinkz has moved to a more farm-heavy style than because the item isn't good.

Top Bottom