• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold

Anyone know what the download size of this game is? I may have to go digital with it, and am running out of room on my harddrive and bandwidth on my cap.

Christ. I can't remember ever hearing comments like this. BioWare went full beast mode with this. And then there is the multiplayer that looks like it's own game as well.
They definitely did. It's unfortunate that many gave up on the series after DA2, while understandable, Bioware did the best they could in that timeframe. From a few private convos, the publisher had a deadline in place, it wasn't up to Bioware of course.

Inquisition's been in development since before Dragon Age 2 even shipped, and the delay from 2013 to 2014 was due in no small part to Bioware heads literally telling and showing EA execs that it just won't be up to snuff to ship. EA gave them all the time they needed as evident by the delays, a blank check metaphorically speaking. Things are really changing inside EA after Andrew Wilson became CEO. The "gamers first" philosophy seems to be translating over well, to the point where he'd rather delay a mega-game (BF Hardline) out of the holiday season for quality.

Wait until you see Mass Effect. EA's giving them all the space they need.

Mikey Jr.

They definitely did. It's unfortunate that many gave up on the series after DA2, while understandable, Bioware did the best they could in that timeframe. From a few private convos, the publisher had a deadline in place, it wasn't up to Bioware of course.

Inquisition's been in development since before Dragon Age 2 even shipped, and the delay from 2013 to 2014 was due in no small part to Bioware heads literally telling and showing EA execs that it just won't be up to snuff to ship. EA gave them all the time they needed as evident by the delays, a blank check metaphorically speaking. Things are really changing inside EA after Andrew Wilson became CEO. The "gamers first" philosophy seems to be translating over well, to the point where he'd rather delay a mega-game (BF Hardline) out of the holiday season for quality.

Only thing that I worry is that they put it smack in the middle of the busiest month of the year.

Also the idea of EA controlling things design-wise isn't correct, at least when it comes to Bioware. Only thing they typically veto is marketing. They got to do more than they ever have when it came to DAI. All the trailers you've seen so far were all by Bioware, not any EA marketing division.

Hehe

Edit: Oh, I see it was already posted! :p

M29XoCS.png

mHO9Bu2.png

I want to go into hibernation until 9:00 pm, PST, on the 17th.

4OowbIsmYHbpu.gif

Dawg

Also the idea of EA controlling things design-wise isn't correct, at least when it comes to Bioware. Only thing they typically veto is marketing. They got to do more than they ever have when it came to DAI. All the trailers you've seen so far were all by Bioware, not any EA marketing division.

Don't forget they even allowed an editor like myself to post screenshots from areas they haven't really shown themselves (well, not completely) yet. First time I was allowed to do this, ever since I started writing in the vidya industry.

Kikolool

Banned
Man I really wanted to go blind but I couldn't resist and watched everything I could find 8( lame.
A character creator would be nice. Could save me some hours on launch ^^

Tovarisc

Hnnng... can't wait to see that baby!

Yes, I know I'm hyping you guys to death, lol.

And you like it, don't you? Watching us squirm in large amounts of hype while you get to play it!

jelly

Yes, we need to do that. It will be made clearer soon. Apologies for the confusion.

Considered releasing official tables on class / sub-class skills? I would love to see latest skills, detailed, before diving in so I know what to roll :)

ironcreed

Banned

Well, EA taking that sort of approach is music to my ears. As they certainly have the talent under their umbrella that deserves the time and money to make games the right way.

At any rate, I have said it before in regards to this game and I will say it again. Redemption draweth nigh for BioWare.

Aaryn

BioWare GM
Better question would be: is the BioWare from 2009/10 back?

That topic does come up. Speaking personally, one of my favourite times at the studio was the BioWare from 2000 - 2003. The energy was amazing in the studio, because that time spanned MDK2 (first 3D game, first game on a console), BG2 (first sequel, felt like we "knew what we were doing"), NWN (first 3D RPG), and KotOR (first Star Wars game, first with cinematic approach to storytelling), plus the beginnings of Jade Empire (first new IP of our own after Shattered Steel).

Now, we have DAI about to ship and it feels more and more like that time again, to me at least. We have another Mass Effect game in development, new IP cranking along, and we have more new technology than we know what to do with! 2009 - 2010 was great too (I had just taken over as GM for Edmonton), but shipping two games in three months was... interesting... :)

Just my two cents.

TriGen

That topic does come up. Speaking personally, one of my favourite times at the studio was the BioWare from 2000 - 2003. The energy was amazing in the studio, because that time spanned MDK2 (first 3D game, first game on a console), BG2 (first sequel, felt like we "knew what we were doing"), NWN (first 3D RPG), and KotOR (first Star Wars game, first with cinematic approach to storytelling), plus the beginnings of Jade Empire (first new IP of our own after Shattered Steel).

Now, we have DAI about to ship and it feels more and more like that time again, to me at least. We have another Mass Effect game in development, new IP cranking along, and we have more new technology than we know what to do with! 2009 - 2010 was great too (I had just taken over as GM for Edmonton), but shipping two games in three months was... interesting... :)

Just my two cents.

Good to hear.

abundant

I've narrowed down my starting character to a Elf + Archer. Now I just need to choose between Assassin or Tempest for my specialization.

Just my two cents.

That is extremely awesome to hear. I hope Greg & Ray catch wind of this too as I'm sure as your opinion would make them smile.

Dawg

Just my two cents.

Hah, yeah. The reason I brought up 2009/10, was because that was the time Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 released. Two of my favourite BioWare games (even though I'll always prefer the story of the first Mass Effect).

That said, I completely forgot there were only a few months between DA:O and ME2. That must have been a busy period.

I'm so ready. I've decided that i'm creating Quick Ben from the Malazan books as my lead character this time (I always use characters from books as my MC). Now I just have to hope the game is actually good, but the signs are pointing to it being great.

HiiiLife

Come to think of it I've never played a Bioware game aside from Jade Empire.

Hope only good things will come from this game.

What's the keep? I'd love to do that.

dragonagekeep.com

It's their new service, allows you to create and import save files. There's also a special overview narrated by one of the companions, and a text-based RPG thing on the side. Very cool stuff.

Edit: Beaten badly.

Top Bottom