• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are laughing about pc vs ps4 but it's not as simple as well my pc is great of course pc. I have a pc that would easily run this game maxed and will go ps4. Much prefer gaming on a couch with a controller vs at my desk, despite the better performance. Now of course there will be "I pc game on my couch brah" posts but not everyone has that luxury.

The only time I'll go pc over console is if the performance is drastically better or I can find it really cheap

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I totally forgot i preordered this and just saw Dragon Age and Far Cry 4 waiting for me, hell yeah.

ive been watching the live streams all day and the graphics are really impressive. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Ploid 3.0

People are laughing about pc vs ps4 but it's not as simple as well my pc is great of course pc. I have a pc that would easily run this game maxed and will go ps4. Much prefer gaming on a couch with a controller vs at my desk, despite the better performance. Now of course there will be "I pc game on my couch brah" posts but not everyone has that luxury.

The only time I'll go pc over console is if the performance is drastically better or I can find it really cheap

I could see the water shaking at the bold. Good thing you cleared it up at the end, and yeah it's not possible for everyone to set their PC up to their tv. I happen to have my pc split to a monitor and my tv, I've become so used to putting the game screen wherever I want it.

I'm actually looking forward to the steam stream game tv app. It has to be in the works. Sure it won't run flawlessly and exactly like it looks on the client PC but it's neat and I use it now and again.

Character creation is going to be its own game.

I don't even know what kind of character I will make. The only thing I'm thinking about is maybe a elf of light. White hair, and snow white skin. Color his armor white if possible, and if it's possible he only wears white armor. Then I will go to the home base and wear brown... yeah that won't work.

Hey guys I'm torn here...

I've got a top-secret prototype PC that has 10 cores and 6 GTX 970s daisychained together and a state of the art 10,000k 98" monitor equipped with a SLURPEE machine and a friendly robot butler to massage my shoulders while playing.

BUT, I've also got an old refurbished 360 hooked up to a 17" black and white mono CRT with an RF adaptor. Kinda thinking maybe I should get the 360 version.

What do you think? Which one would be the better experience?

You've got to go further. I'll PM you the even more top-secretest Commodore 64 version later.

Ponn

Banned
I'm at 12gb downloaded. It's downloading GTA V too so maybe thats why its slow. I'm hoping they both finish overnight before maint tomorrow. Thinking i'm going to roll with an elf mage to start like I normally do. I like to see everyone pissy at me for being a mage and elf but then when I become a badass overlord I start putting them in their places muhahahaha.

LuuKyK

Don't worry, give it two weeks and half the board will hate it. Then you won't feel so bad.

I know you are joking, but still, I already have it paid off, so there is no going back now. :p

I am confident I will enjoy the game though. Havent played a console game in ages.

Character creation is going to be its own game.

Its probably what I am mostly looking forward to tbh, so I totally relate to this post.

Squishy3

You can always find any multiplatform game cheaper on PC than consoles.

Evo X

any of you going to play online at the south korean unlock time?

I was just thinking it would be cool if people from GAF got together to play it tomorrow. Don't know anyone else getting the game on PC, or people into Dragon Age at all really.

Post your Origin IDs!

Mine is WRCEvoX. Shoot me a friend request.

I have the retail version pre-ordered due to GCU from Best Buy, so I wont be on until Tuesday.

Ploid 3.0

Wow Smash is this week too? The week of death, who have bandwidth caps and are digital only? Bwahaha

---
I want to play online at the SKorea launch time. I will see what is possible.

VPN to unlock game and launch game.

Turn off the VPN and wait for my connection to kick back in, then try online.

Never close the game until it's US unlock time.

???

(Rolled bad luck) Get some error and have to download everything or have something very bad happen.

Squishy3

"really cheap"
It's really weird to make that distinction when he would presumably pay full price for it on console. I will never understand people who buy new fancy GPUs like a 970 and then deliberate wheter they're going to buy a PC or console version of a game.

You can always find any multiplatform game cheaper on PC than consoles.

I buy all my games from best buy using gamers club so they come out to $51 and I could resell the game if I want. With dragon age I think the cheapest on pc was about $45 and obviously no resell.

When I say really cheap I mean like $20 or less

Wag

I hope the PC version supports 21:9 resolutions. I have a 3440x1440 display and Flawless Widescreen no longer exists (they modded games for ultra-widescreen displays).

It's really weird to make that distinction when he would presumably pay full price for it on console. I will never understand people who buy new fancy GPUs like a 970 and then deliberate wheter they're going to buy a PC or console version of a game.

Never hurts to have more options brotha! Plus there are games here and there that I have to get on pc because the performance dictates it. Like dark souls 2 for instance

Vodh

Can anyone recommend me a recap of DA:O and DA2 story for someone who wants to jump into the universe and has no intention of playing the previous games?

I have the EA Access
so I was able to do the 6 hour trial.. its the entire game that's downloaded
they start you with character creation etc
I just wonder if what I have done so far will count towards the game when I get it Tuesday

Can anyone recommend me a recap of DA:O and DA2 story for someone who wants to jump into the universe and has no intention of playing the previous games?

I'd say go for the on in the Keep. That way it's personalized to whatever choices you make, but there might be something better to recap with out there.

Is there a preload available on PS4 in the UK? Never preordered a game before through PSN and it says playable in 2 days 23 hours which would be midnight on Wednesday night Thursday morning won't it? I though it would be playable from Tuesday? Also my internet is super slow here so it will probably take all day to download so that's why I was hoping it would download now and be ready to play at launch.

Killzig

I have the EA Access
so I was able to do the 6 hour trial.. its the entire game that's downloaded
they start you with character creation etc
I just wonder if what I have done so far will count towards the game when I get it Tuesday

Yes, you can pick up where you left off once the full game unlocks.

Squishy3

Never hurts to have more options brotha! Plus there are games here and there that I have to get on pc because the performance dictates it. Like dark souls 2 for instance
I mean, I'm not trying to dissuade you or anything, it's just weird to me. I own a Xbox One and Wii U, but I'll still always buy my multiplats on PC.

demigod

Your GPU costs about as much as a PS4. Do you really have to think which one will perform better. Seriously.

What? Where did I say in my post which one performs better? Its a matter of gaming on small monitor vs big screen, keyboard vs controller(does steam recognize ds4 like uplay?)

To those that beat Dragon Age 2. I beat Origins (but not awakening) and passed on DA2 for obvious reasons. There a good place I can go to catch up with the story? I'll hate to feel like I'm missing out on a lot in Inquisition.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
What? Where did I say in my post which one performs better? Its a matter of gaming on small monitor vs big screen, keyboard vs controller(does steam recognize ds4 like uplay?)

1. Connect your PC to the TV if you can. That's what I do.
2. DS4 use DS4Windows. Painless. The game/Origin/Steam/Whatever will think its a 360/One controller.

Tovarisc

Also please wait before posting, OT requires two posts :p

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Info drop of epic proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom