• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
This displeases me.

OTs going up on the day of release usually mean the game is bad.

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

Verger

Banned
I am really trying to decide if I should just jump in at the third game in the trilogy or start from the beginning on the 360. Is there a lot I will miss and not be able to appreciate?
Just chiming in that it seems that DAI takes a lot more plot from DA2 than DAO. The current events of the Inquisition itself owe its origins to what happened in DA2. DAO's plot is pretty simplistic and can be easily summarized.

For DA2 though, I wouldn't recommend playing it. Watch a story/cinematic playthrough on youtube, which is what I'm doing. I can actually see through this playthrough all the negatives of the "game" itself which are the super-repetitive environments and the waves of enemies design of combat.

Ploid 3.0

Well I think I have my Korea vpn setup but when I launch Origin I still get english text on the store page.

Edit: Nvm it works now. Ready to play tomorrow evening now, hopefully.

Ploid 3.0

If I preloaded without VPN, does the VPN still let me play early?

You have to vpn to unlock and launch the game.

After you launch you can tab out to close the vpn connection and return to the game.

When you close the game and want to play again, you have to re-vpn the unlock and game launch.

tcrunch

You have to vpn to unlock and launch the game.

After you launch you can tab out to close the vpn connection and return to the game.

When you close the game and want to play again, you have to re-vpn the unlock and game launch.

The article someone linked about it a while ago said you only need to use the vpn for the initial unlock.

Tovarisc

Depends on how Moon is positioned in relation to Origin master servers and what kind underwear EA CEO is wearing that day.

I would say that putting Origin offline after game is unlocked and running is safest bet to prevent need for repeat unlock before official EU release. Assuming you don't want MP experience before release that is.

Ploid 3.0

The article someone linked about it a while ago said you only need to use the vpn for the initial unlock.

Depends on how Moon is positioned in relation to Origin master servers and what kind underwear EA CEO is wearing that day.

I would say that putting Origin offline after game is unlocked and running is safest bet to prevent need for repeat unlock before official EU release. Assuming you don't want MP experience before release that is.

Ah, ok. Guess I'm not playing MP from the start. Probably for the best, I'll vpn unlock and put it in offline mode until US unlock. Thanks for the clarification.

Evo X

Anyone here really looking forward to Sandal showing up? He's one of my favorite Dragon Age characters. I hope I'm not alone on this.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I started with just SoftEther but used the vpn gate installer instead. I didn't know how to install the vpn gate plugins to softEther.

Tovarisc

Yeah I started with just SoftEther but used the vpn gate installer instead. I didn't know how to install the vpn gate plugins to softEther.

Either they have changed something in SoftEther install package over last few days or you have taken some wrong install package. It is one install and gives everything you need.

Effect

Finally saw some PS3 and 360 footage on youtube. The game scales pretty well. There is this weird hard somewhat plastic like look to some things but it still looks good.

One day the magic will come back. All of it. Everyone will be just like they were. The shadows will part, and the skies will open wide. When he rises, everyone will see.

Fiktion

Banned
I got to the final step but I keep getting this error whenever I try to connect to a server.

HjyzglU.png

edit: Never mind, found a server that worked.

edit: That one disconnected me after a couple minutes, still have the same problem.

Vamphuntr

The only thing I'm worried about is the performance. It's too bad you can't even run a benchmark before the release. The benchmark thread has me worried a bit.

demigod

Damn don't know what to get this for, pc or ps4. Leaning heavily towards PS4, my PC has a 970 GTX. What's the cheapest I can get this for PC anyone know?

Evo X

Damn don't know what to get this for, pc or ps4. Leaning heavily towards PS4, my PC has a 970 GTX. What's the cheapest I can get this for PC anyone know?

Yeah, the GTX 970 is garbage tier bro. Enjoy the definitive next gen experience on your PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom