• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the soundtrack: The Dawn Will Come

"Shadows fall, and hope has fled,
Steel your heart, the dawn will come.
The night is long, and the path is dark,
Look to the sky, for one day soon,
The dawn will come."

"The shepherd's lost, and his home is far,
Keep to the stars, the dawn will come.
The dawn will come."

"Bare your blade, and raise it high,
Stand your ground, the dawn will come,
The dawn will come."

Ladies and gentlemen: Trevor Morris and David Gaider.

Kinthalis

Banned
I don't know guys, I've got 980's in SLI and an i7 along with a 21:9 32 inch monitor, but I'm leaning heavily toward PS4.

What do you guys think?

Evo X

I don't know guys, I've got 980's in SLI and an i7 along with a 21:9 32 inch monitor, but I'm leaning heavily toward PS4.

What do you guys think?

PS4 has an 8 core CPU and 8GB of GDDR5. Your crap PC only has a quad core CPU and 4GB of GDDR5. And why would anyone want to play on a puny monitor when they could play on a big ass TV?

You're making the right choice.

Fiktion

Banned
Tried that another VPN Protocol, "Use UDP Protocol (Ethernet over UDP VPN)"?

I finally got it to work after just repeatedly trying different servers over and over. One of them held up in the end. Thanks for the help!

hk9zCld.png

Vamphuntr

Damn don't know what to get this for, pc or ps4. Leaning heavily towards PS4, my PC has a 970 GTX. What's the cheapest I can get this for PC anyone know?

Your GPU costs about as much as a PS4. Do you really have to think which one will perform better. Seriously.

PS4 has an 8 core CPU and 8GB of GDDR5. Your crap PC only has a quad core CPU and 4GB of GDDR5. And why would anyone want to play on a puny monitor when they could play on a big ass TV?

You're making the right choice.

I thought the both of you were serious for a minute and cringed.

Fiktion

Banned
This hypothetical person in question is not press or an owner of EA Access.

He or she would not want to risk being banned from Twitch.
Would they ban streamers who actually live in Korea? What's the difference? Doubt it'd be an issue.

If it is just stream on Hitbox.

Tovarisc

This hypothetical person in question is not press or an owner of EA Access.

He or she would not want to risk being banned from Twitch.

You would be streaming after game is already out in most of Asia so EA cracking down on streams would be bullshit. You live in SK and get game among the first, but wouldn't be allowed to stream because Muricans don't have it yet?

Just wouldn't make sense.

Ark

Guys I was 6gb into my Origin preload via South Korea when I accidentally closed it. I've reactivated the download from the same spot from a US VPN link (the SK one wasn't up). Will I encounter any problems doing the preload from two different countries? I'm assuming not, but I've never done this VPN thing for a preload before.

Tovarisc

Guys I was 6gb into my Origin preload via South Korea when I accidentally closed it. I've reactivated the download from the same spot from a US VPN link (the SK one wasn't up). Will I encounter any problems doing the preload from two different countries? I'm assuming not, but I've never done this VPN thing for a preload before.

DAI files should identical on all datacenters no matter of country.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope I finish Unity by the time I get this on Thursday. I can't play more than one single player game at a time. Doesn't help that I feel as if I need to do everything in Unity :(

Jon Armdog

Er, what? How?

That was me, and I have no idea how. I did absolutely nothing aside from booting my machine and opening Origins (preloaded on Friday I think). It said tonight at 9pm when I checked Origins this morning. I've left the computer alone all day, so it still says that. Prior to today, Origins showed Monday at 11pm (U.S. Central time).

I posted a screenshot a couple pages ago. And I'm going to try opening the game in three hours. I expect to instead be riding the Korean VPN wave tomorrow, though

Ploid 3.0

Got a link or a summary? Witch Hunt was a total blur for me and I barely remember anything from it.

I think it's about [witch hunt spoiler]
the statue that you have to remove a veil to talk to. She mentions a shadow that will consume all which seem weird and like it's babbling nonsense. Finn talked to the statue a lot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well I was going to VPN tuesday for US release (im in europe), so I guess ill VPN tomorow for korea then. 15 hours from now, thats... 3pm, just about when I wake up woot (I work midnight to 8am before you call me a lazy fuck lol)

From the soundtrack: The Dawn Will Come

"Shadows fall, and hope has fled,
Steel your heart, the dawn will come.
The dawn will come."

"The shepherd's lost, and his home is far,
Keep to the stars, the dawn will come.
The dawn will come."

"Bare your blade, and raise it high,
Stand your ground, the dawn will come,
The dawn will come."

Ladies and gentlemen: Trevor Morris and David Gaider.

Could it be that this game is going to give us a moment reminiscent of the Last Stand of the Men of Dor-lómin, that would be epic.

Hey guys I'm torn here...

I've got a top-secret prototype PC that has 10 cores and 6 GTX 970s daisychained together and a state of the art 10,000k 98" monitor equipped with a SLURPEE machine and a friendly robot butler to massage my shoulders while playing.

BUT, I've also got an old refurbished 360 hooked up to a 17" black and white mono CRT with an RF adaptor. Kinda thinking maybe I should get the 360 version.

What do you think? Which one would be the better experience?

Squishy3

I've got a top-secret prototype PC that has 10 cores and 6 GTX 970s daisychained together and a state of the art 10,000k 98" monitor equipped with a SLURPEE machine and a friendly robot butler to massage my shoulders while playing.

BUT, I've also got an old refurbished 360 hooked up to a 17" black and white mono CRT with an RF adaptor. Kinda thinking maybe I should get the 360 version.

Skip the middleman and code your own version of the game for the PC Engine and run it in an emulator on your monster PC.

Sevenfold

SLI is a nightmare. 360ftw.

Playing on your PC won't contribute to your gamerscore. You know what to do.

Tabby

Paint a wall and watch it dry.
Guaranteed better experience.

LuuKyK

Ugh, worst possible timing for this to release. I am having my finals week now, and the priorities are of course my studies. Dammit. I really dont know how I will deal with the spoilers and gaf discussions.

Ugh, worst possible timing for this to release. I am having my finals week now, and the priorities are of course my studies. Dammit. I really dont know how I will deal with the spoilers and gaf discussions.

Don't worry, give it two weeks and half the board will hate it. Then you won't feel so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom