• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I've downloaded everything there is to download now but there's no damn way it actually downloaded 44GB, it didn't take long enough. So not really sure what the story is now.

It downloads what's necessary for you to start playing first (DLC, update file, and 5.3 GBs) and then installs it. The rest of the game is downloaded in the background. Go to the game on your menu, press start and check on "information". It'll tell you how many gigs it has downloaded there. I'm 10.3 GBs in.

Special C

pIfej1C.jpg

that's like tag material right there.

I second this motion.

adj_noun

It downloads what's necessary for you to start playing first (DLC, update file, and 5.3 GBs) and then installs it. The rest of the game is downloaded in the background. Go to the game on your menu, press start and check on "information". It'll tell you how many gigs it has downloaded there. I'm 10.3 GBs in.

Oh, is that how it works? I did not know that.

martino

teenage testosterone overdose spotted

edit: looking 360 footage...remember me ac:u pop in...in the end is this a consequence of running something too demanding for the power you have ?
edit: add to it constant tering...surely the next step after pop in

Oh, is that how it works? I did not know that.

I mean don't quote me on it, but Destiny did a similar thing. It downloaded a portion of it and the rest was via the background.

We already know PS4 can download a portion of the game and let you play. So I see little other reason as to why it separated 5.3 GBs beforehand and then downloads the rest in the background

Sou Da

Does DA on pc have a strong mod community? Debating between ps4 or pc, mods will probably be the deciding factor.

I wouldn't expect many mods for DA:I unless someone is really determined.

And even then you'll most likely end up with a white Vivienne mod made to piss people off.

Spineker

Banned
Preloading on PS4 now.

It has the feature where you can start playing it before the download is finished, yet we can't play until tomorrow.

Thanks for that

danthefan

Aha, thanks. On 10.5GBs.

I was worried I'd go to play it on Tuesday and would get a message saying "hah lolz u haz 39GBs to dwnlode" but if it just needs those files to launch then all good. Didn't realise it did the rest as a background download.

Preloading on PS4 now.

It has the feature where you can start playing it before the download is finished, yet we can't play until tomorrow.

Thanks for that

well they can't really do anything about it due to release dates. That is meant more for people with slower connections and those who start downloading like the night before or anytime after so they can start playing ASAP

Yasae

Banned
Oh yeah, Isabella - "Selfish *****"

Seriously, no pity for her. I'd have wished there was a way to get rid of her along with the Arishok
Since my lady Hawke was already a dual-wielding rogue, she had no place in my party. Thusly I
told her to give the book back to the Qunari even if it meant her life, and she ran off forever.
Man, I'm so glad I made that decision.

Namikaze1

What class you guys rolling with and who will you be romancing?

I'm personally continuing my DA tradition of starting off with a warrior before playing any other classes. And I'll most likely end up romancing Cassandra.

Kalm

Not being able to hook up with Leliana is curious...

Seems likely that
she'll betray the team at some point then
, no? (<--- wild guess at a plot event)

I honestly can't think of another reason to lock up her lady parts.

Seems likely that

jesus this thread lol

None of the returning characters are able to be romanced. simple as that

I'm personally continuing my DA tradition of starting off with a warrior before playing any other classes. And I'll most likely end up romancing Cassandra.

I'm planning a female Qunari mage with skills from the Spirit/Winter trees and the Knight Enchanter specialization. She will definitely be in a romance with Sera.

Seems likely that

Maybe she's still hung up on your original DA:O character?

Sou Da

Seems likely that

Because The Warden is either alive and she doesn't want to cheat on them or The Warden is dead and she's content with being single widow.

Or maybe, just maybe she doesn't want a relationship with anyone right now.

I have been seeing images and videos of the 360 and PS3 version (which, I dare to say, are identical) and, sigh, I wish the game did not use Origin and got rid of denuvo on PC (even the character creator has less content -like scars- on past-gen consoles). I do want to play it on that platform (and I built a gaming PC for this kind of games!), but I am against EA policies and Origin.
Also, my savedata on 360 are useless...

Sigh, I feel conflicted. :(

There may be fewer individual notches on the scar slider, I don't know, but with the positioning capabilities in Inquisition, I'm happy with them. You can move them in four directions and they slide around face contours. It's awesome.

I'll be playing as a mage. They've always had the most interesting skill trees to me, so it's a pretty easy choice. Not sure if I'll do Knight Enchanter or Rift Mage yet. Knight Enchanter seems a bit more fun, but Rift Mage sounds really fitting for the Inquisitor.

I'll probably romance Cassandra. She looks really cool.

Sigfodr

Seems likely that

I personally am glad she can't be. Don't need a bunch of people getting all gross with my Warden's partner.

Altairre

Maybe she's still hung up on your original DA:O character?

That reminds me that I completely missed Leliana on my first Origins playthrough. Only found out that she existed after I read her name online and wondered who she is. I still don't really know how that happened since I'm usually extremely thorough while exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom