• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerojul

I hope this game is so successful and sells so well that one day I'll be able to play as Gurdo or Chiaozu in glorious ASW graphics.

Man wth one of the e3 streams had a picture of dbf and I thought I was missing some trailer. I was so excited. Oh well hopefully tomorrow it will be pretty early reveal.

Jarate

Banned
The game should just have some more Dragon Ball Fighters

I'd love Master Roshi to finally be playable in one of these damn games as well

NeonZ

The game should just have some more Dragon Ball Fighters

I'd love Master Roshi to finally be playable in one of these damn games as well

With the current arc, Roshi has actually fought in two arcs of Dragonball Super. I wonder if that will finally convince developers to start including him. His presence in Revival F by itself seemed to be mostly ignored by the games.

Fj0823

With the current arc, Roshi has actually fought in two arcs of Dragonball Super. I wonder if that will finally convince developers to start including him. His presence in Revival F by itself seemed to be mostly ignored by the games.

That's the problem with Z wanking, if it's not main character from Z their progress never counts

I feel like one of the big reasons he gets ignored is because he can't fly.
Honestly does anyone really care if they let Roshi fly in the games despite not knowing how to in the series though? I don't give a shit if it's not totally accurate, I just want to play as him.

Real Hero

Its so dumb they never include non flying character like that matters. Just have them fly ffs you don't need to give them a jetpack or something. Would it really bother anyone if yajirobi could just float?

Anth0ny

Again, ASW also did Extreme Butoden which was pretty sub-par. Same graphics as Xrd doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the same combat designer/director.

I hoping we'll get a different result this time around considering it's a high budget, console 3v3 fighter as opposed to a low budget, handheld exclusive fighter.

Either way, people will be much more willing to give it a shot than they gave Extreme Butoden.

Jarate

Banned
Its so dumb they never include non flying character like that matters. Just have them fly ffs you don't need to give them a jetpack or something. Would it really bother anyone if yajirobi could just float?

m-muh canon!

This problem has been solved by just giving the characters a Jet pack

Also, you could reasonably assume that since the size of the arena is probably not going to be that huge, that non-flying characters could be practical.

"Again, ASW also did Extreme Butoden which was pretty sub-par. Same graphics as Xrd doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the same combat designer/director."

Extreme Butoden was a fairly low-budget quick and easy 3DS game. It's evident that at no point ASW was designing a competitive fighter, just a quick and easy handheld game.

The fact is that they have 20 years of history making solid fighters when they decide to make a competitive-grade fighting game. There's no guarantee it's going to be good, but Extreme Butoden isn't what anyone should use as a base for their expectations.

Rutger

Banned
Again, ASW also did Extreme Butoden which was pretty sub-par. Same graphics as Xrd doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the same combat designer/director.

There's a pretty big difference between a simple handheld game and the work that will need to be put in for this game. Knowing how Arcsys continually refines their main fighting games and that they are using the time consuming tech behind Xrd that will make models that can last, makes it seem less likely to me that they will half-ass this.

Anything could happen, but using Extreme Butoden over the many fighting games that the company is centered around as the main example of what to expect is silly.

TreIII

That's the problem with Z wanking, if it's not main character from Z their progress never counts

Agreed.

By the game's first major expansion, I'm hoping for much more Super stuff. More unique fighting styles, while also utilizing older characters in an interesting way = stuff that would make for a much more interesting roster than Z characters again.

Besides, Xenoverse has Z covered, along with some GT and Movie stuff.

If Yamcha makes it in, I want the wolf angle of wolf fang fist to really be expounded on if the devs have freedom to do things like that. Maybe his stance and the way he punches and kicks can be tied to a wolf-like fighting style. Anything to set him apart in a neat way. Hoping for his his Super outfit or at least his android arc hair if they go with his traditional red gi.

Fandangox

If Yamcha makes it in, I want the wolf angle of wolf fang fist to really be expounded on if the devs have freedom to do things like that. Maybe his stance and the way he punches and kicks can be tied to a wolf-like fighting style. Anything to set him apart in a neat way. Hoping for his his Super outfit or at least his android arc hair if they go with his traditional red gi.

Nah man, baseball themed moveset. Either base him on Junpei from Persona Arena or give him "baseballs" as a stand-in for Johnny's coins and let us level up Wolf Fang Fist.

That said I don't quite expect him to be playable and I don't expect him to have a baseball themed moveset if he does.

I've been replaying Extreme Butoden since the announcement, but this time on the Citra emulator with unlimited frame rate. I can see how this game would be too simple for some, but at ~90 fps it's pretty damn fun and feels totally different than on 3DS. Not the ideal way to play, but a bit of crazy fun. Somewhat representative gif:

6q9AGKz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom