• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 PS4 Open Beta Discussion - October 14th to October 17th

Downloading right now.
The gameplay looks so much more dynamic and smoother than Xenoverse 1,in the videos i have seen.
I am hyped.

Caayn

It plays a lot smoother and looks better than the original.

Loading times are a bit on the long side though.

Memory

Combat and flight is alot more fluid and smooth, that was my major hang up from the last game. Looking good so far apart from all the loading.

Lord Phol

Combat and flight is alot more fluid and smooth, that was my major hang up from the last game. Looking good so far apart from all the loading.

That's what I got as well from watching a few videos. Was initially dissapointed because the screens and trailers made it look way too much like the first game, but now I'm getting interested again.

Greenymac

Downloaded this morning and will get sonebtime to play in. Anybody having any luck playing with friends? First one was a headache at times joining friends.

BigEmil

Combat and play etc is much better than the first nice improvements here and there its great its not cross-gen no more

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
On PS4 and I see the whole thing has that shit Dim Filter on it again like some animes do for flashy special effects scenes due to... I dunno... an incredibly over-paranoid epilepsy fear?

No other japanese game has it of course. Just these Xenoverse titles. Whyyyyyyy.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
On PS4 and I see the whole thing has that shit Dim Filter on it again like some animes do for flashy special effects scenes due to... I dunno... an incredibly over-paranoid epilepsy fear?

No other japanese game has it of course. Just these Xenoverse titles. Whyyyyyyy.
Adjusting brightness fixes it. Have to be in town to adjust.

Impulsor

I played for a while, created frieza race. Golden form is awesome.

I think I'll main frieza race for the full game.

So, will we still be able to play this open beta offline after the 17th or will it stop to work? I am only interested in offline anyway, so I would appreciate it.

And what about the character? Can he/ she be imported into the full game or do we have to start from scratch?

So, will we still be able to play this open beta offline after the 17th or will it stop to work? I am only interested in offline anyway, so I would appreciate it.

And what about the character? Can he/ she be imported into the full game or do we have to start from scratch?

No and no.

RocknRola

Trying it out right now (never played the first game). It's pretty fun! :D Liking it so far. Pretty smooth too from a first impression. Doing the Raditz mission as we speak.

Will post a more detailed comment later. :)

Santar

RNxEhxa.jpg
Looks like they still haven't fixed that weird gray filter over everything on PS4 the first game had.
It just looks so washed out.
Hopefully the pc version won't have it this time either.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Looks like they still haven't fixed that weird gray filter over everything on PS4 the first game had.
You can disable it. It's the "brightness" setting in the pause menu in town.

Revven

Putting Brightness on max gets rid of the gray filter. I tried it and it looks exactly like it does on PC. Go to your Options from the pause menu.

Oh man, i just finished the training and I'm already in love.
It feels much better and smoother. It's faster than Xenoverse 1.
Beautiful 60fps, even with many characters on screen. Also 60fps in the city hub world.

But yeah, turn the brightness on maximum! Or else you got the ugly grey filter on screen, making everything washed out.

Game looks perfect and colorful when turned up the brightness.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh man, i just finished the training and I'm already in love.
It feels much better and smoother. It's faster than Xenoverse 1.
Beautiful 60fps, even with many characters on screen. Also 60fps in the city hub world.

But yeah, turn the brightness on maximum! Or else you got the ugly grey filter on screen, making everything washed out.

Game looks perfect and colorful when turned up the brightness.

gggaahhh the wait to get home is going to be painful!!!!

patchday

Can someone test the multiplayer missions to see if its still a grindfest to get staple powers unlocked like SSJ 2 form etc?

stuck at work...

Revven

Can someone test the multiplayer missions to see if its still a grindfest to get staple powers unlocked like SSJ 2 form etc?

stuck at work...

Transformations, at least the race exclusive ones, are unlocked from the start. At least, for the beta. Not sure if it's like that in the final game.

Not sure how the RNG is yet.

Docpan

Is it just me, or is there some kind of darkness filter applied to in-game.

It didn't affect the opening anime intro or starting cutscenes, but once the gameplay started everything got noticeably darker.

I just got a new Tv and want to make sure this isn't a problem on my end. I have HDR turned on to this hdmi input, but it shouldn't negatively affect standard color hdmi, if I understand correctly.

Someone else please confirm.

Is it just me, or is there some kind of darkness filter applied to in-game.

It didn't affect the opening anime intro or starting cutscenes, but once the gameplay started everything got noticeably darker.

I just got a new Tv and want to make sure this isn't a problem on my end. I have HDR turned on to this hdmi input, but it shouldn't negatively affect standard color hdmi, if I understand correctly.

Someone else please confirm.

Look above :) Turn up the brightness in the options. It will look perfect.

Sheppard

Are there subtitles when using the Japanese language option at all times? I remember not being able to understand everything being told to me since there were not subtitles at the end of matches and whatnot from my mentor.

Transformations, at least the race exclusive ones, are unlocked from the start. At least, for the beta. Not sure if it's like that in the final game.

Not sure how the RNG is yet.

Ultimate finishes and mentors are no longer tied to RNG and the drops you get from missions are very generous.

chaosaeon

Can someone post a screen before and after maxing the brightness ? I'm curious and probably won't get to try the beta. Haven't played a DBZ game since Tenkaichi 3. This has got to be a dramatic step up from that right ? Just from videos, the character models in this look a little shiny, like they've been dipped in oil, which doesn't look that great imo, and I'm not a fan of the huge character covering yellow target symbol. I hope that can be disabled since from a distance it looks like you're fighting a yellow circle and not an enemy. I think I read there's no beam struggles. Ultimate moves lack a little drama and grandeur, they're just casually thrown out there and take 2 seconds, miss, cause no big explosion in the background, and then the match goes on. A missed beam should make a flash come up in the sky on the horizon at least, that'd be cool. I miss feeling like those moves were a big deal when they happened. I liked the crater that forms from a transformation, but they disappear after two seconds :/

How much of a generation leap is this over Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3 ?

Alienous

It's a better looking game than both of those, but then again so was Raging Blast and Burst Limit.

But yeah, the character models shine under light in a way that they wouldn't in the anime.

RocknRola

Well, getting constantly disconnected right now, which is a shame. Hopefully in a few hours or during the weekend things will be calmer.

I really enjoyed what I played so far, open city and all! Everything was just sooo smooooooottthhhh!! Felt great. It also looks miles better in motion than in pics. I remember people complaining about grinding and RNG for the first game, not sure if that'll change for this one or not since the Beta has a bunch of stuff unlocked from the start. I can see the PQ's getting repetitive after a while if they're required to obtain items/powers/techniques/stuff.

Still, very positive impression from the beta right now. It's been too long since I played a good DB game! :D

Revven

Yeah servers seem to be getting jammed, not surprised. I played a good hour this morning no issues but now I can't even get in and the one time I did it quickly threw me back to the title screen. Kinda lame they don't let you pick the offline mode but I guess it makes sense why they wouldn't.

Won't be surprised if day 1 is pretty much going to be like this, except at least with the full game you'll be able to go into a single lobby and what not.

Man, i already see myself putting hundreds of hours into the full game.
Everything is much improved :)
I could imagine Xenoverse 1 will feel like a beta or half finished game, after playing Xenoverse 2.

Top Bottom