• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 PS4 Open Beta Discussion - October 14th to October 17th

Looks like they still haven't fixed that weird gray filter over everything on PS4 the first game had.
It just looks so washed out.
Hopefully the pc version won't have it this time either.

Just change the brightness

amarectv2016-10-1412-a9pb1.png

CSX

Finally got to 1st mission. I was thinking "wtf same exact mission from XV1!!? Oh wait...this is a DBZ game lol"

xviper

last DB game i enjoyed was budokai tenkaichi 3

after hearing the positive impressions of Xenoverse 1 i was determined to buy X2

thank they released a beta, the game is boring as hell, the gameplay is horrible compared to BT3, like really REALLY horrible

this is what i miss the most about last gen, almost every game gets Demo\Beta so you can try it and not fall for the hype like what is happening in a lot of games this generation like Fallout 4

I'm not really sure how you could say one plays so much better than the other when they are extremely similar, lol.

The gold standard for DBZ fighters is still Budokai 3 and Extreme Butouden, but those are 1v1 fighters that don't have quite the scope or spectacle DBZ is known for. You sacrifice quite a bit of precision in the name of faithfulness, and as far as that is concerned I feel that Xenoverse is a worthy successor to Tenkaichi.

RaidenXZ

Anyone know how to play this offline? Cause it's telling me the servers are down and to play offline but it keeps me at the title screen, and whenever I hit a button, it just tells me to play offline again lol

I'm not really sure how you could say one plays so much better than the other when they are extremely similar, lol.

The gold standard for DBZ fighters is still Budokai 3 and Extreme Butouden, but those are 1v1 fighters that don't have quite the scope or spectacle DBZ is known for. You sacrifice quite a bit of precision in the name of faithfulness, and as far as that is concerned I feel that Xenoverse is a worthy successor to Tenkaichi.

Kind of sad that Infinite World and Super Dragon Ball Z is just plain forgotten

RocknRola

Aww man, Budokai 3 was so awesome. Spent so many hours of my life playing it on the PS2. And I got pretty decent at it too! I think I managed to finish Goku's story at Z2 difficulty at one point, though I couldn't quite do it with Z3. Considering DB games are really the only fighters I'm still damn proud of that.

I definitely should pick up the PS3 version at some point.

DrDogg

Agreed. Super DBZ is easily the best technical fighting game of any DBZ title. There was even an arcade version in Japan. Would be nice to see a sequel to it, but unlikely to ever happen.

Seth

is there any point to trying to log in right now? Are the servers actually down or just overloaded?

Revven

Anyone know how to play this offline? Cause it's telling me the servers are down and to play offline but it keeps me at the title screen, and whenever I hit a button, it just tells me to play offline again lol

You can't, it's a beta. In the full game you'll be able to but for this beta it's online only because they want to stress test the servers obviously.

Nobody's forgotten about IW but Super DBZ wasn't very well liked by the hardcore DBZ fanbase that were very used to how IW and Budokai played. Not to mention the limited roster and strange choices in characters at the time.

Lots of people still love the first three Budokais and IW and even BL. People wish they would make another DB game like those but the team that did those games, I believe, is still working with/for Capcom on SFV stuff.

5 hours later still cannot connect to server hahahaha... FUCK THAT SHIT! I hope the full game doesn't have this always online must connect to server bullshit.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I see they didn't fire the fucking idiots that made Xenoverse 1 DDoS their servers due to its 8 step "let me into the fucking game" process.

This Beta is sending out the "don't expect to get online in that first week" signals.

Oh and having to ratchet up the Brightness setting to get it to "what it should actually look like" is bizarre as its more of a contrast bar than...brightness. These goddam circus clowns.

HardRojo

Is there a combat tutorial somewhere? I don't really have much experience with 3D DBZ fighters so something that explains mechanics and more stuff would come in really handy. For example, I'm still not sure about how to follow up attacks after I send them flying or what to do after that X+Square kick from behind. Also, is there a way to cancel recovery and immediately dash away or something similar?

BigEmil

First thing I noticed was the washed out colors and lack of vibrancy. Strange, I will try maxing out the brightness setting.
They should set as default max brightness.
Then allow user to set to their liking. Not everyone checks the brightness setting.
Also even though its called Brightness setting its actually more to it not just brightness but they just labelled it as that.
Hopefully they do that for final game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sweet spot for brightness seems to be 1-2 ticks from max. It starts crushing blacks somewhere around that point.

It's just the beta right now, but I think the full game is going to be the same... Which is a huge turn off for me.

The message does reference an offline mode. It's just not there in the beta.

Cromat

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? The farthest I've gotten to is speaking with the Supreme Kai of Time.

hydruxo

Ooh I always wanted to play the first game but never got around to it, definitely going to check this out. Hopefully the servers get sorted out enough to play a bit.

patchday

Transformations, at least the race exclusive ones, are unlocked from the start. At least, for the beta. Not sure if it's like that in the final game.

Not sure how the RNG is yet.

yeah I still havent gotten a chance to play the beta so I have no idea either. I am probably just going to assume its just as bad

Finally got back into the game. It said something like "No Connection to server - switching to offline mode" while i was on a quest, and i can still play now.

yeah I still havent gotten a chance to play the beta so I have no idea either. I am probably just going to assume its just as bad

RNG is already confirmed to be fixed. If you reach the requirements for an ultimate finish, you get it. The drops are still randomized, but at least you aren't forced to play a mission 10 times just for two layers of RNG to fuck you out of a reward each time.

TheFlow

Banned
Had some server problems earlier but my lil bro got it to work I think. I need to really sit down and play this. Have only some of the story stuff so far.

Didn't play much of xenoverse but apparently they made it easier to obtain transformations?

sensui-tomo

Had some server problems earlier but my lil bro got it to work I think. I need to really sit down and play this. Have only some of the story stuff so far.

Didn't play much of xenoverse but apparently they made it easier to obtain transformations?

for the beta, the transformations are unlocked at the get-go.

sensui-tomo

my main concern though is what happened to the Super Vegeta transformation line. And does it get a SS3 equivalent or do we get a Majin transformation.(aka M on the forehead)

Is there a trick to connecting lol? I've been trying for the last half hour. The one time I got in, the game crashed.
have you tried closing the application and trying again? I just did that to get back in.

Revven

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? The farthest I've gotten to is speaking with the Supreme Kai of Time.

I got in for about an hour this morning and an hour about an hour and a half ago before I got kicked off. I've managed to finish all the story stuff because of that, at least.

Sadly, no chance yet to try PvP.

Top Bottom