• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 PS4 Open Beta Discussion - October 14th to October 17th

mileS

Wow that difference with the brightness setting is huge! Very happy to hear you can fix that washed out look.

Finally home..all hype to try this aaaand nope lol. Getting launch day flashbacks of the first. Funny enough I got in my very first try with this one than the game crashed after Vegeta said what to bulma lol

DigtialT

Those apes are super annoying to fight, their break meter recovers so fast that to do the most damage in the most efficient way you have to get a grab on their tail. But the break meter is always recovering even in the grab animation, so the most you get is one grab and you have to go back to wailing on them to break them again. It also doesn't help that the camera is not made to fight such big enemies especially in those cramped environments.

Revven

Those apes are super annoying to fight, their break meter recovers so fast that to do the most damage in the most efficient way you have to get a grab on their tail. But the break meter is always recovering even in the grab animation, so the most you get is one grab and you have to go back to wailing on them to break them again. It also doesn't help that the camera is not made to fight such big enemies especially in those cramped environments.

It's really not worth doing the tail grab if you don't have high basic attack. I'd suggest just focusing on wailing on them with combos instead or strikes/beam attacks. You'll do more damage overall in the same amount of time despite what the tip says about tail grabbing. Tail grabbing is only worth it if your basic attack is high and since it very likely isn't, I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Also, just had some really good PvP matches! The hit detection/lag issues from the first game are definitely mostly fixed. However, I would avoid playing 1 bar connections and possibly 2 bars; there's some super jank hit detection going on in the sense of getting hit when the opponent is nowhere near you.

I also didn't experience any of the bugs that closed beta players experienced in PvP but I only played Ranked and Player match for around an hour.

patchday

did they add an option to only fight with the DBZ chaarcters in pvp? I remember I got tired of pvp since it was choke full of overpowered custom chaarcters with no option to even set yer lobby to ban customs

(so many bad memories lol; might wait and grab it used for the single player. I loved the single player and coop could be good if you could ignore the awful RNG system)

-- sounds like the RNG system has been overhauled from korean grinder to good gameplay hopefully

Kind of sad that Infinite World and Super Dragon Ball Z is just plain forgotten

Infinite World is an amazing game that I feel nobody played. It came late in the PS2's life cycle, and was very similar to Budokai 3, but damn the story mode and Dragon Ball tracking was awesome. :)

Zero-ELEC

Banned
did they add an option to only fight with the DBZ chaarcters in pvp? I remember I got tired of pvp since it was choke full of overpowered custom chaarcters with no option to even set yer lobby to ban customs

(so many bad memories lol; might wait and grab it used for the single player. I loved the single player and coop could be good if you could ignore the awful RNG system)

-- sounds like the RNG system has been overhauled from korean grinder to good gameplay hopefully

There's a mode for PvP where everyone is set to the same health/stamina/ki/stats with the differences being techniques/movesets/super souls. (Super Souls are Z Souls but they don't grant stats, just the special effects)

Eylos

Banned
Do they have a way to charge ki or thats a skill?
Skill i imported from xv1 is the same way.

Comparing to xv 1: (so far)

Good
Graphics a little better.
city is bigger.
SSJ mode for me its way better.
They made Races and gender choices more interesting.

Bad

I dont like those new basic sequences, they all sent the enemy far away, they are pretty, but after a few times you are tired of this big animation sequence.

I'm disappointed that teams are still only 3 people.. I thought I saw in the streams that you could play the game w/ 6 people.. but I guess I missed something.

I have more than 3 friends I'd want to play with and it seems like I still can't.

Flame_AC

There is a mode where there can be 6 people I think. Towards end of beta they talk about something like an Elite challenge portal. They say that 6 people can go at it but it's super difficult, potentially raid like. Dunno if it can all be players, but hopefully.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm disappointed that teams are still only 3 people.. I thought I saw in the streams that you could play the game w/ 6 people.. but I guess I missed something.

I have more than 3 friends I'd want to play with and it seems like I still can't.

That's in Elite missions against really powerful bosses; basically raids.

idonteven

There is a mode where there can be 6 people I think. Towards end of beta they talk about something like an Elite challenge portal. They say that 6 people can go at it but it's super difficult, potentially raid like. Dunno if it can all be players, but hopefully.

that mission is really easy tho...hope its a lot harder in the full game

I played past the Namek and Saiyans chapters last night, and I'm kind of underwhelmed.

I definitely had fun, and I enjoyed the original, but this just feels more of the same to me. I'll admit it's got better animation and performance wise, but it just seems more like a 3rd version of a Pokemon game as opposed to an actual sequel. It's probably the novelty of the time travel story that's worn thin on me.

hydruxo

Made my character and then the game crashed right after I started the game up lmao. Crashed again a second time after that. I'll try this later, not trying to deal with that shit.

IbukiLordSA

The game is ok, it's fun for a bit but can't see myself buying this, probably why I still haven't jumped on the first one. Although I did make Android #18

AiYjmxq.jpg

btGYL2Q.jpg

Piers

I played past the Namek and Saiyans chapters last night, and I'm kind of underwhelmed.

I definitely had fun, and I enjoyed the original, but this just feels more of the same to me. I'll admit it's got better animation and performance wise, but it just seems more like a 3rd version of a Pokemon game as opposed to an actual sequel. It's probably the novelty of the time travel story that's worn thin on me.

Oh :/
Guess I'll pass then.

patchday

Finally home..all hype to try this aaaand nope lol. Getting launch day flashbacks of the first. Funny enough I got in my very first try with this one than the game crashed after Vegeta said what to bulma lol

weird there's so many crashes. well guess its still beta and maybe there's some hope they'll fix before release

RocknRola

Still can't connect today :(

Why does the game force you to check with the servers so many times though? Before you start playing you try to connect some 3 times or so. Seems kinda redundant and prone to failure tbh.

I enjoyed what little I played but if this represents a crappy "always online" experience that they want to try to enforce, they can forget it.

So far i haven't been able to play at all. My game makes it to when Bulma is talking to Vegeta and then it crashes. Thats after i spend 15 minutes trying to connect to the servers.

BrunOz

There's a mode for PvP where everyone is set to the same health/stamina/ki/stats with the differences being techniques/movesets/super souls. (Super Souls are Z Souls but they don't grant stats, just the special effects)

any idea if this will be possible to do with local versus?

Been trying for so long now, only ever gotten in twice and both times the game has crashed during the opening cutscene. I really want to play this game but I can't hang around forever just mashing X hoping to get in the game.

HardRojo

Never played XV1 but I loved what I played of this beta (barring some issues like the camera during Apes fight), hopefully the servers will be more stable come launch as I'm really contemplating getting the game.
Edit: Game's unplayable today so back to SFV I go.

Crazy that people still can not log into the servers.
I am still playing and i can even find people / rooms to play with. Also good connections.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Confirmed ? If true my purchase is set .
Yep. If you meet a PQ conditions for ultimate finish, the extra stuff will happen 100% of the time. The drops are still handled by the RNG but reports say it's way more generous. Masters are also not affected RNG and are always in Conton City in the same spots. Really, the RNG freakery of the original seems mostly taken care off.

any idea if this will be possible to do with local versus?

I'm pretty sure you can. Also since local versus will have more than one stage, it's bound to feel like an actual game mode rather than an afterthought!

Top Bottom