• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Xenoverse 2 Wishlist.

• More Characters The game did good in nailing core characters but they have the potential for so much more. Movie characters like Cooler, Janemba and SSJ Gogeta, OVA Characters like Chilled, Tarble, and Hatchiyack. Dadoria and Zarbon, Garlic Jr, Android 16, 20 and 19, Pikkon. The list can go on and on. Roster is key in these games. Since it's basically working on the same principals as BT3 having character classes with different special moves there is very little reason to not do it.
  • More What If/Heroes Characters The whole Towa, Mira and Demigra Time meddling plot allows this much more than previous games because it adds a setting and backstory to SSJ3 Vegeta, SSJ4 Broly, Adult Gotenks etc. How about some unique fusions. Future Trunks and Adult Gohan?
  • More loot better drops Grinding for loot can be a great experience but only when I'm getting rewarded. I'm done grinding after getting Vegeto and Broly sets. I want more reason to play but after slogging the Beerus quest for seemingly forever I'm fatigued. Give me more loot, The series has hundreds of costumes I could have unlocked.
  • Better character creator I feel like I should just be thankful we have one but honesty the one we have is bare bones. Where is all the crazy hairstyles from throughout the series, Why is my super saiyan not getting a change of hair when he transforms? Why can I only be Fat Buu and not Super Buu or Kid Buu. Why are the colouring options for Freiza race WAY off from actually members of the race we have seen. Also give me a Generic Alien race so I can have my Shin-jin race or Pikkon Race.
    Lastly give me options for my Super Saiyan look
  • More and Longer Transformations Super Saiyan lasting about 20 seconds is some crazy shit, Not to mention that other races can't even transform. Maybe nerf the power boost. Don't drain power over time drain on consumption.
  • More offline content World Tournaments with prizes is the big one. But how about a customization and leveling mode for actually canon characters. Give me base vegeta pulled from the start of the saiyan saga and let me level him and customize him. No Story just content.
  • More Complete Mentors The Mentor mode feels really half baked. It would be great if they fleshed it out some more.

It's beyond reasonable expectations but It's what I'd like to see

I've gone in full on Pokémon mode with my original CaC now. Need to find the exact setup to make her like I want her to be. And it's hard.

First major question... 20X Kaioken or not? It's a good damage boost, and the infinite vanish is awesome. But it runs out fast, one misstep allowing the opponent to breathe and I'm the one guard broken, by my own design. Solutions could include Super Drain to grab 300 Stamina from the opponent, or looking into more ways to get a bang for my buck with this. Like Neo Tri-Beam. I don't have that DLC, though.

But after getting Gravity Impact, my fighting style has changed quite a bit thanks to its ridiculously long knockback. Can you even recover out of something like that, maybe with an Evasive Skill? Because getting that hit means the opponent is open to whatever I can catch them with... which is a lot.

I rarely touch the Kaioken button now. Because while that is a damage boost, it breaks my momentum. Super Drain could change that, of course, if it's possible to catch up and drain them with that.

So yeah, doubting the 20X Kaioken now. anyone got experience using it and can tell me what to do with it? Does it work as well with Super Drain as I think? Does Super Drain work well in a 0 point Strike Super build?

I am so going to have to wish for a respec when I finally figure this out.

I'm kinda in a similar boat; outside of being a Neo Tri Beam battery, I have a difficult time justifying Kaioken. The boosts are nice, but that moment when you're left open and depleted of stamina is a death sentence.

patchday

* Yeah nice Xenoverse 2 wish list posted up top by Stalker

So, I have yet to use Neo Tri-Beam. I wonder why that would mesh with KAioken? Will have to play with it sometime

McNum

I'm kinda in a similar boat; outside of being a Neo Tri Beam battery, I have a difficult time justifying Kaioken. The boosts are nice, but that moment when you're left open and depleted of stamina is a death sentence.
Super Drain, which I just got and still need to learn to combo into, is actually pretty sweet in Kaioken. You just need to be really close to the opponent for it to hit. But it does drain three bars of Stamina from him to you.

Still weighing my options with Kaioken, though. It is great, but it comes with drawbacks, too. And I do only get four Super slots. I can't help but wonder if I should go with a Ki charge instead. The good one, of course. And go for one more bar of Ki so I can combo from Gravity Impact into Ultimate more often. Not that Gravity Impact into Perfect Shot isn't nice, because it is, it's more that Gravity Impact into Perfect Kamehameha or Special Beam Cannon is so much better. But expensive.

I think one of those have to go. Two linear Ultimates seems redundant. Not sure what to get, though. Also, I want to check out Goku's Super Kamehameha in comparison to Cell's Perfect Kamehameha. The second one should probably be something that can catch either very evasive opponents or lots of weaker ones. Krillin's Scatter Kamehameha comes to mind, and I kind of want to see Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, just to try it out.

* Yeah nice Xenoverse 2 wish list posted up top by Stalker

So, I have yet to use Neo Tri-Beam. I wonder why that would mesh with KAioken? Will have to play with it sometime
Neo Tri-Beam can fire another blast that will combo with the initial one for 100 Stamina. Kaioken X20 makes all Stamina costs free, but drains it steadily. In short, you can fire the same Ultimate over and over and over until you run out of Stamina, and it's a true combo.

Remember what Tien did to Cell in the show? That. But if the opponent is still standing afterwards, you're so much in trouble.

Philtastic

Super Drain, which I just got and still need to learn to combo into, is actually pretty sweet in Kaioken. You just need to be really close to the opponent for it to hit. But it does drain three bars of Stamina from him to you.
Super Drain is great but, against the AI, hard to combo into because they tend to side step it even if used while you're hitting them since it has a half second wind-up.

Remember what Tien did to Cell in the show? That. But if the opponent is still standing afterwards, you're so much in trouble.
So, just like the show then :p

In other news, I've been trying a completely melee female earthling character and, quite frankly, it feels very limiting since you need to be in melee range for every attack. This is especially true since ranged attacks are just as effective in melee range. And the ultimates are sorely lacking other than Blue Hurricane. I think I'm going to switch to ki blast supers but leave points in basic attack so that I can melee but then finish with ranged supers/ultimates. I find those far more satisfying. Melee supers/ultimates definitely need improvements for XenoVerse 2.

One thing they could change, especially to make it more like the characters in the show who are never pure melee or ki blast users, is to combine the ki blast and strike super stat so that you're free to use all supers/ultimates with equal effectiveness.

McNum

I have now mastered Gotenks' training. I will now slap myself for not remembering the episode "Super Moves of Gotenks" and how utterly useless some of his moves were. Galactic Donut... ew. DIE DIE Missile Barrage is nice, though, might have to keep that for a while. It locks on in combos, so that's neat.

But the two Super Ghost Kamikaze attacks... I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean, the Super is basic enough. You launch a homing projectile that's more agile than a Destructo Disc, but can be blocked. Neat, but... not anything I need. The Ultimate, on the other hand. I get five ghosts hovering above me and then they run off and hit... someone. Not exactly sure who they're going for, but what's the idea here? Summon them, the rush in and use them as a combo breaker?

Well, I'll have to see who else has something good. The quest for the "Not huge energy beam" Ultimate continues. Not even sure what it should do, it's kind of a bonus since a giant beam of energy sort of fills most purposes. I suppose some big explosion or something with a lot of armor would be useful.

I found an easy way to level up Masters, though. PQ15, The Explosion of Namek. Bring two of your master. Fight Frieza, can be completed in less than 30 seconds. At this level, he's harmless enough that I can farm him for A to Z ranks. And bonus! There's a Dragonball chance in the mission, too. Only need one more now, and I haven't really gone for them on purpose. I just blast whoever shows up afterwards.

So, who's next on my training list... Got 18, Vegeta, Hercule, Captain Ginyu and Frieza available. Well, I need to complete Ginyu before Frieza, of course. I may also have Gohan and Videl, but their moves seem very Strike focused, so not for this one.

Well, I'll have to see who else has something good. The quest for the "Not huge energy beam" Ultimate continues. Not even sure what it should do, it's kind of a bonus since a giant beam of energy sort of fills most purposes. I suppose some big explosion or something with a lot of armor would be useful.

Have you considered Nappa's Giant Storm attack? It's a great AOE attack that's reasonably fast and deals a lot of damage if it hits. It's also similar to SBC in that getting hit immediately does full damage.

Lagamorph

Does Future Trunks have some kind of Stamina Drain effect in his attacks? Literally every PQ where I end up fighting him, my stamina is in an almost constant empty state after he attacks me.

I have now mastered Gotenks' training. I will now slap myself for not remembering the episode "Super Moves of Gotenks" and how utterly useless some of his moves were. Galactic Donut... ew. DIE DIE Missile Barrage is nice, though, might have to keep that for a while. It locks on in combos, so that's neat.

I actually really like DIE DIE Missile Barrage. But yeah I find that when I am training with mentors, I dislike half of their moves...which makes leveling up with them awfully slow.

patchday

Super Drain is great but, against the AI, hard to combo into because they tend to side step it even if used while you're hitting them since it has a half second wind-up.

So, just like the show then :p

In other news, I've been trying a completely melee female earthling character and, quite frankly, it feels very limiting since you need to be in melee range for every attack. This is especially true since ranged attacks are just as effective in melee range. And the ultimates are sorely lacking other than Blue Hurricane. I think I'm going to switch to ki blast supers but leave points in basic attack so that I can melee but then finish with ranged supers/ultimates. I find those far more satisfying. Melee supers/ultimates definitely need improvements for XenoVerse 2.

One thing they could change, especially to make it more like the characters in the show who are never pure melee or ki blast users, is to combine the ki blast and strike super stat so that you're free to use all supers/ultimates with equal effectiveness.

Yep! I think they got confused or made these stats last minute (per marketing strategy, so they can list 100 hours of PQ content). Because Broly's clothes for example are setup for melee. But that doesnt make much sense because all of his attacks are ki based. There is only 1 attack that uses Strike.

I think they need to dump this whole physical/strike vs ki blast thing. I don't think they were able to dedicate enough time and resources to fully flesh out the CAC system. Hence, I feel more drawn to play with the series characters lately or just play with my ki blasters

Havent had a terribly lot of time to play any games really though lately

McNum

Have you considered Nappa's Giant Storm attack? It's a great AOE attack that's reasonably fast and deals a lot of damage if it hits. It's also similar to SBC in that getting hit immediately does full damage.
Nappa, eh? So that's an early PQ I'd imagine. That's going to be hilariously one-sided.

I find that, at least for how far I am, the game is sort of starved for Ultimates. There's a lot of big energy attacks, which makes sense, since, you know, Dragon Ball Z, but I sure would like some more oddball or utility ones. Saiyans have it easier. Super Saiyan is an Ultimate, so that and a big energy blast and they're good. I kind of wish Kaioken X20 was an Ultimate, too.

Still looking at the four Supers for my story character. I think Gravity Impact is locked in, and I want a companion power to follow it up with, like Perfect Shot, DIE DIE Missile Barrage or a Kamehameha-like beam. But the other two are either going to be X20 Kaioken and Super Drain or Change the Future and Maximum Charge.

Big difference being I have both of the first two, and none of the last two... But I only need to farm for Change the Future, since Maximum Charge can just be bought outright.

By the way, any opinion of the two Shenron Ultimates, Shocking Death Ball and Minus Energy Power Ball?

EDIT: Thanks for the tip on Giant Storm. That thing hits hilariously hard. I even got it on my first try. And then I needed a training dummy. "Gotenks wants to spar!" I didn't know this game had stacked health bars. But after Giant Storm, well, Gotenks didn't anymore. I think I'll keep this. Now to find a less annoying mentor before starting new quests. He really gets old listening to on the results screen.

Best mentor there so far has been Cell. His Z result line is the best.
"I would totally hug you if that was a thing I did!"

Scirrocco

Shocking death ball is meh. Damage is okay, it does a okay air explosion, and speed is good, but I've found if someones right in front of you it won't hit, so it's really only good when you're working with people. Otherwise it's wasted.

I haven't unlocked the other one yet.

McNum

Shocking death ball is meh. Damage is okay, it does a okay air explosion, and speed is good, but I've found if someones right in front of you it won't hit, so it's really only good when you're working with people. Otherwise it's wasted.

I haven't unlocked the other one yet.
Thanks. Been trying to unlock Change the Future, and Trunks just doesn't spawn for me very often there. And when he does, he doesn't drop anything. It's annoying. At least he doesn't use it, would get really embarrassing when I Perfect Kamehameha him.

Also, got my 13th Dragonball. One more and it's Shenron time again. "I wish for a way to manipulate the RNG!" But I suppose that's beyond his power.

I found my last dragon ball last night and i could remake my stats.

I'm now the Ki blaster i was looking to be.

"perfect kamehameha" is just too good.

McNum

I found my last dragon ball last night and i could remake my stats.

I'm now the Ki blaster i was looking to be.

"perfect kamehameha" is just too good.
I wonder if I should wish for a respec, too. But until I know if I'm throwing out Kaioken, which does seem pretty likely, I'll admit, I can't respec. Because either the split between Ki and Stamina is 50/50 or 0/100. Been building towards the latter, but if I drop Kaioken, I'm dropping 50 points of Stamina, too. Those were just there to fuel that anyway.

I just need Change the Future to check if I prefer that build.

And yeah, the only thing missing from Perfect Kamehameha is your character shouting "KAMEHAMEHA!" I will legit swap in Super Kamehameha if that version yells it.

And yeah, the only thing missing from Perfect Kamehameha is your character shouting "KAMEHAMEHA!" I will legit swap in Super Kamehameha if that version yells it.

Pretty much the primary version why I use Super Kamehameha.

I was so bummed when my character didn't yell, "Beat it, and take your planet with you!"

McNum

I was so bummed when my character didn't yell, "Beat it, and take your planet with you!"
That is such a great line. And I guess that means Perfect Kamehameha is a stand in until I get Goku available. Sorry Cell, but Gotenks is right about one thing: Style matters, and you should totally yell out the names of your super attacks.

I am getting tired of murdering Gohan in PQ 26 now. Although it is probably the most hilarious way to level up Gohan and Videl as mentors. Is there any pattern in getting Trunks to appear? And drop that skill, while he's at it?

Philtastic

While thinking about making a basic attack-ki blast melee/ranged hybrid, I realized that no gear would really support that. In fact, although I find melee kind of limiting, they do have a huge advantage in terms of gear: they get bonuses to both sources of their damage - basic attacks as well as strike supers. This is in contrast to "ranged" characters that only get bonuses to ki blasts while their gear suppresses their basic attack.

A major effect of the stats on gear, then, is to force ki blast users to want to only spam supers/ultimates since that is the only good source of their damage while melee users have enhanced damage to both doing regular combos and their supers/ultimates.

From the Big Numbers guide (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402877101&insideModal=1), gear arrows work by adding a multiplier to your stat. 5 positive arrows on all gear (+20 arrows) [Edit: forgot Z-souls but I'll leave that out] leads to a ~14% increase in stat while 5 negative arrows on all gear (-20 arrows) reduces it by ~14%. Mixes of positives and negatives will result in something in between. If we min-max, a ki blast user will wear gear with 20 arrows to ki blasts but 20 arrows against basic attack while a melee user will have 20 arrows toward both basic attack and strike supers. Compared to a ki blast user, then, a melee user will be hitting ~30% harder on basic attacks all the time (ie. when building up ki for supers/ultimates). This seems like a pretty large advantage but we would need to have numbers for melee and ki blast supers/ultimates to see if, on average, melee supers/ultimates do less damage than ki blast ones to balance it out.

This might mean that, unless you're a super saiyan or you somehow have infinite ki which allows you to spam supers/ultimates, a melee user should have significantly higher damage over time (unless, as noted above, melee supers/ultimates do significantly less damage than ki blasts).

Anyone have a database of how much damage each super/ultimate does?

Edit Addition: Oh man, PQ47 Super-Super Ultimate Series of Battles! as melee is insanely difficult. With no AoE and no huge hitting melee ultimates (that I know of), you end up just grinding it out one by one. I think I'm going to have to cheese with saiyan ultimate spam to get Pressure Sign.

Calcium

Banned
Edit Addition: Oh man, PQ47 Super-Super Ultimate Series of Battles! as melee is insanely difficult. With no AoE and no huge hitting melee ultimates (that I know of), you end up just grinding it out one by one. I think I'm going to have to cheese with saiyan ultimate spam to get Pressure Sign.

Even spamming with ultimates didn't help me with PQ 47. Everything went fine until the last stage where Goku, Gohan and Goten just relentlessly attack me with ultimates not giving me a chance to fire anything off myself. The best I could do solo was getting down to just Gohan, but he always managed to kill me. Luckily I went online and managed to do it with others in one try. It was actually incredibly easy, the host even got lost in the transition from space to King Kai's planet and was absent for a majority of the final battle. It was really satisfying to win that one since it was the last PQ I needed.

I really hate that trainers request items for training. For the life of me I can't get the Z-Soul for Gohan and Videl to drop. So damn frustrating.

McNum

Even spamming with ultimates didn't help me with PQ 47. Everything went fine until the last stage where Goku, Gohan and Goten just relentlessly attack me with ultimates not giving me a chance to fire anything off myself. The best I could do solo was getting down to just Gohan, but he always managed to kill me. Luckily I went online and managed to do it with others in one try. It was actually incredibly easy, the host even got lost in the transition from space to King Kai's planet and was absent for a majority of the final battle. It was really satisfying to win that one since it was the last PQ I needed.

I really hate that trainers request items for training. For the life of me I can't get the Z-Soul for Gohan and Videl to drop. So damn frustrating.
I got super lucky with that one. Got it in one. I call that karmic repayment after going from level 50 to 65 on PQ26 trying to get Change the Future to drop. It DID drop, though. And it is amusing.
Gotta love bullet hell patterns in the final boss... and having a projectile counter.

After that, I went for the endgame, because, really, 65 should be plenty. And it was.

I think Dragon Ball Xenoverse is the first game where
I've had to fight a boss over dibs on killing the final boss. But of course, only Lord Beerus could be that crazy-awesome. That moment where he no-sold Demigra and teamed up with me was just awesome. He is one tough customer to fight, even with 100 Ki Blast and two heavy hitter Ultimates. Fun though. Then I came, I saw, I Kamehameha'd and then Demigra was no more. Also time hax. Then Broly happened... THAT is the hyped up Broly? He's an idiot. An idiot with super armor and one heck of a punch, mind you, but still...

I really need to thank you for the suggestion about Giant Storm for an Ultimate. That thing wrecks bosses. It has a long startup, so it might not be the best for duels, but if the opponent is doing something with a long recovery... BOOM.

So, all that's left now is train with Goku for Super Kamehameha, and then find out what Evasive Skill I want. Most of them seem like different takes on "become invincible, make big boom with lots of knockback" but I think there might be a few interesting ones there. Are there? I think the name "Angry Shout" has come up. But I could also go for Energy Field, if that's the one 17 is rocking. Looks nice, which is important.

OptimusLime

I would be nice if you could pick your shout for Ultimates. I would totally go with "I'll turn you and your planet into space dust!"

McNum

I've found Perfect to have much more range than Super.
I'm not sure if Perfect doesn't have a bigger beam as well.

So, now that I've unlocked all the character slots, I've started thinking about alts. First one, a smallest size, thinnest yellow female Buu named Bee. I want her to be the silly one, so Candy Beams, dance moves, taking a nap, and whatever odd, yet effective moves she can get.

Gonna need a Saiyan of some kind, too, and a speed freak Frieza as well as a Namekian of some description. Really no idea for the Namekian... I kind of want to try making a grappler, maybe. Could be weirdly fun.

McNum

How fast does Super Kamehameha launch compared to Perfect? Linking perfect to Gravity Impact, while possible, is kind of a tight link. Special Beam Cannon fires faster.

How fast does Super Kamehameha launch compared to Perfect? Linking perfect to Gravity Impact, while possible, is kind of a tight link. Special Beam Cannon fires faster.

I could see when I get home, but I recall Cell hitting me with Perfect a lot quicker than Goku/Gohan's Super. I can escape Super easily.

McNum

I could see when I get home, but I recall Cell hitting me with Perfect a lot quicker than Goku/Gohan's Super. I can escape Super easily.
I just got Super Kamehameha. It seems like it has a shorter charge-up time. Not by much, but when it comes to combos, a little is a lot. I'll have to experiment a bit more, but it does decent damage. And most importantly, my character yells "Kamehameha!" Very important detail. It has to have some crazy drawback to not stay over Perfect Kamehameha there.

I'm not really feeling Energy Field as an evasive move. I'm tempted to get Beerus' move, but that seems silly. I just need something that creates a bit of breathing room when swarmed. But other than that, I think this build is done.

Rose, Female Earthling:
Health 12, Ki 50, Stamina 50, Attack 25, Strike 0, Blast 100.

Super: Perfect Shot, Gravity Impact, Change the Future, Maximum Charge
Ultimate: Giant Storm, Super Kamehameha
Evasive: ????
Z-Soul: "Getting beat up makes me cranky"
Clothes: Full 4-Star outfit.

Neither God nor Demon stood up to this. But it has yet to have a PvP debut. Still, it feels solid to me.

Until the next patch which raises the level cap to 85. More Health, I think. I don't really need anything else. Maybe I should go for Vegito's clothes and boost my Ki with that, but I feel a bit farmed out for now. Or try out Destructo-Disc Barrage. That thing homes like crazy.

Or start thinking of my female tiniest Buu build. I really have no idea, other than it should be very oddball. The Papapara dance and sleep move are sure to be in. Then maybe a male Strike focused Saiyan.

Maybe I should go for Vegito's clothes and boost my Ki with that, but I feel a bit farmed out for now.

Only took me a couple of hours.

pU0lgiA.png

BrownCompetentEsok.gif

McNum

9½ Ki? That's a lot of Ki. But you're in trouble if anyone makes it in up close. Seems like a fair risk/reward thing.

What PQ drops Vegito stuff, anyway? I'm guessing one where I fight Vegito... He's kind of a disappointment in terms of difficulty.

patchday

Only took me a couple of hours.

pU0lgiA.png

BrownCompetentEsok.gif

Awesome!

I just got Super Kamehameha. It seems like it has a shorter charge-up time. Not by much, but when it comes to combos, a little is a lot. I'll have to experiment a bit more, but it does decent damage. And most importantly, my character yells "Kamehameha!" Very important detail. It has to have some crazy drawback to not stay over Perfect Kamehameha there.

You'll make quick friends by screaming "Kamehameha" over and over in online PQs. Especially when Super Saiyan mode where you can spam it back-to-back!!

9½ Ki? That's a lot of Ki. But you're in trouble if anyone makes it in up close. Seems like a fair risk/reward thing.

What PQ drops Vegito stuff, anyway? I'm guessing one where I fight Vegito... He's kind of a disappointment in terms of difficulty.

I maily do Online PQ's. I don't go near PvE, everyone does the same super-spam technique and uses "I'm neither Kami......" so I just avoid it. I love doing online PQ's.

My first character is melee-based, but then I had to re-roll amd focus on Ki just to beat the Bardock mission.

ImmediateQuarrelsomeLacewing.gif

McNum

You'll make quick friends by screaming "Kamehameha" over and over in online PQs. Especially when Super Saiyan mode where you can spam it back-to-back!!
It's Dragon Ball. I expect snipers in my FPS games, and I expect KAMEHAMEHA! shouts in my DBZ games.

So, here's a fun brain teaser. I need a little advice on a concept build for my Buu. Tiniest possible female Buu, yellow, named Bee. I want her to be a total annoyance build. But, you know, able to win fights anyway. If I can in any way find out what the point of Parapara Dance is, it will be a cornerstone of her... being. It seems it just locks the opponent and me into a dance, meaning all it does is stall. How is that useful? I mean other than running out the clock on a Super Saiyan? I may have to take her through Hercule's training, for Savior has Come, or something. Or Ginyu for poses and... you know Body Change would be excessively silly.

Also made a hulking Saiyan of a man. "Beet". His plan will be to turn gold and punch stuff. Hard. Like Broly, only with a vocabulary. And a worse vegetable pun.

The worst best thing a game can do is give me an empty list of character slots. I will find odd ideas for them.

Anyone else have the stuck-at-loading-screen issue on the PC version of this? I've re-installed the game like three times so far and I still get stuck at the loading screen. I didn't have this issue before the last patch or two. And the game froze on me while in the lobby in online mode.

patchday

It's Dragon Ball. I expect snipers in my FPS games, and I expect KAMEHAMEHA! shouts in my DBZ games.

Yeah shouts are usually coo. It was just the one PQ I was running with 2 Saiyans one time. Both of them were casting Kames back-to-back which drove me crazy. But they got the job done

patchday

I maily do Online PQ's. I don't go near PvE, everyone does the same super-spam technique and uses "I'm neither Kami......" so I just avoid it. I love doing online PQ's.

My first character is melee-based, but then I had to re-roll amd focus on Ki just to beat the Bardock mission.

ImmediateQuarrelsomeLacewing.gif

nice gif btw!

McNum

How does the online play in this game work, anyway? Been playing offline only so far, but I think at least my main character is good enough to not hold everyone back now. Even if a melee only type would hate my Gravity Impact.

McNum

What outfit is that, anyway? I don't think I've seen that in the game.

Also, I really want to make Parapara Dance into something that's useful for one of my characters. What's the point of this thing, other than making Frieza look hilarious?

EDIT: Been looking around, and as far as I can tell. That actually IS the point. That and locking up an opponent in a team battle. Unless they Evasive Moves out of it. So, I need Super Drain on that one.

Hm, a silly build idea begins forming... I may have the worst best build idea for optimizing Parapara Dance. Will have to look at more, see if this even makes sense. I mean it does not, but still...

McNum

Well, tried something stupid out, and yes, Instant Transmission and Dancing Parapara does in fact work as well together as you'd think. That is move it up from useless to "SURPRISE DANCE PARTY!"

Honestly, if going for a lockdown build, I'm pretty sure there are better ways... I don't think that one will ever become a serious threat to anything more dangerous than a Raditz, but still. I might find something. Could be fun to maximize Basic Attack damage and have moves that don't cost Ki. What were those, Fighting Poses K and E for no flinch and ATK+? Then Instant Transmission and maybe Dancing Parapara as the "Eh, why not..." slot. I'm sure there's a much better delaying move, but I can't help it.

Can't really figure out what to do with Ultimates for something like that. I mean, if the entire point is maximum punch damage (at least for the tiniest of Buus), then what do you even put there? Savior has Come? Hellzone Grenade for the ultimate disco ball? Or is there an even more ultimate disco ball?

Also, just to be curious, is there even such a thing as a grappler build in this game?

I use X 100 BBK specifically cause it looks so cool.

Here's another one I made after I got Perfect:

BasicInsidiousGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel.gif

This one's great. Dumb question but what's the name of the attack before the kamehameha? I've seen that many times in PVP but don't think I actually obtained it. Also what program are you using to make gifs out of your recordings?

Edit: I'm an asshole, forgot you can read the names right there on the picture.

This one's great. Dumb question but what's the name of the attack before the kamehameha? I've seen that many times in PVP but don't think I actually obtained it. Also what program are you using to make gifs out of your recordings?

Edit: I'm an asshole, forgot you can read the names right there on the picture.

Deathball i think.

patchday

It's super vanishing ball (you can see it being selected in the gif). I thought it was Deathball too though at first glance

Fitzy

So I got Majin Kamehameha after one of the quests and it never showed up in my skill list, It shows I've gotten it in that quest list, but its nowhere to be found. Am I out of luck? And would this effect me getting the trophy for collecting all the attacks?

Top Bottom