• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

McNum

So I got Majin Kamehameha after one of the quests and it never showed up in my skill list, It shows I've gotten it in that quest list, but its nowhere to be found. Am I out of luck? And would this effect me getting the trophy for collecting all the attacks?
Is your character a Buu? That skill, like the Candy Beam evasive and Explosive Buu Buu Punch, is Buu exclusive, so if you're anything else, it won't be visible.

Fitzy

Is your character a Buu? That skill, like the Candy Beam evasive and Explosive Buu Buu Punch, is Buu exclusive, so if you're anything else, it won't be visible.

-__- and now I feel dumb! That explains it! I had a saiyan at the time when I got the skill. Thanks for the answer to you and Scirrocco both!

patchday

Yeah it's a little awkward how they do not show the skills/items not applicable to your race. At least not many skills are race specific like that so not a huge issue on that front

Philtastic

Hadn't recorded any videos in awhile so I did some today. I got a melee-centric human female character to 80 (30 health, 42 stamina, 100 basic attack, 65 strike supers) and went back to solo PQ32 Super Saiyan Bargain Sale and found it decently easy. I used a couple of ultimates but the large majority of my damage is from basic attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ77tZ-BCMc

I then did PQ47 Super-Super Ultimate Series of Battles! with 2 AI helping but melee and no ultimate spam. I'm not going to bother trying to do that solo without ultimate spam since I'm pretty sure that it's just going to be immensely frustrating... or I'll just end up spamming supers like Gravity Impact and Pressure Sign (which I actually just got during this recording!). This was also the first time that I beat the bonus round without ultimate spam so that was pretty cool too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li5lIbetvSk

I'm slowing unlocking every super. It's a bit tedious but I'm still enjoying the combat system and switching back and forth from my ki blast saiyan to my melee human.

EDIT: Holy crap, I got (mentor spoiler)
Yamcha
as a mentor and, as an example of the incredible amount of detail in this game, he commented on (mentor spoiler due to nature of comment)
how my female human was wearing Bulma's outfit and how it brought back memories to him
. That's insane! (spoiler mentions how this mentor notices a specific costume that I'm wearing) Also, the voice interactions between characters is nice when your AI helpers and enemies talk smack.

Thanks for the gif tips, all of my hate.

Me failing to entirely evade a Missile Barrage:

p5cS2lv.gif

Great gifs everyone.

If Pillars of Eternity wasn't consuming me I'd still be playing DBXV right now. Both games are breathtaking to behold.

Philtastic

Interesting, an allegedly level 26 character challenged me to a duel but his ultimate was taking off maybe 1/3 of my level 80's hp. I suspect that was a hacked ability. He was also lagging around a lot which made the fight difficult. Still beat him but with only a tiny bit of hp left.

patchday

Great gifs everyone.

If Pillars of Eternity wasn't consuming me I'd still be playing DBXV right now. Both games are breathtaking to behold.

same here. I did play host like 3-4 online PQs but BBK didnt drop. so hoped on to Bloodborne instead. I still like to play DBXV casually here and there though

Tamanon

Banned
So, if you buy the DLC, are the characters available in multiplayer immediately, or do you have to unlock them through story missions and the like?

KHlover

Banned
Interesting, an allegedly level 26 character challenged me to a duel but his ultimate was taking off maybe 1/3 of my level 80's hp. I suspect that was a hacked ability. He was also lagging around a lot which made the fight difficult. Still beat him but with only a tiny bit of hp left.
Level 26 means he could have a Ki Super value of 75 already. Add in a good Z soul and equipment and it's not impossible. How many Ki and Stamina bars did he have? If any of them is over 4 it gets suspicious.

Savitar

Managed to get the dragon balls for the second time and went to make my wish.

I must have clicked on a button because it asked me if I was sure which I thought meant if I wanted to make a wish.

Turns out it was to confirm I wanted money which I didn't even realize I had somehow chosen.

I could have easily earned that pitiful amount, was planning to ask for another playable character.

Philtastic

Level 26 means he could have a Ki Super value of 75 already. Add in a good Z soul and equipment and it's not impossible. How many Ki and Stamina bars did he have? If any of them is over 4 it gets suspicious.

I don't think you can see opponent ki and stamina bars but he was taking a lot of hits to bring down (although that could have been his lag making it look like I was hitting when I really wasn't) and he was able to vanish at least twice and use an escape move soon after but that could have been the "I might as well..." Z-soul. I suppose you're right that he could have just pumped all his points into ki blasts and was relying on his insane lag to keep him alive. He was using the ultimate "Weekend" as far as I could tell.

In any case, seemed a bit suspicious given the hits he was taking, how many times he could vanish/escape, and damage he was dishing out at 26.

I must have clicked on a button because it asked me if I was sure which I thought meant if I wanted to make a wish.

Turns out it was to confirm I wanted money which I didn't even realize I had somehow chosen.

I could have easily earned that pitiful amount, was planning to ask for another playable character.

Yeah, I've almost had that happen to me before. You were probably trying to skip some of his dialogue. The last thing he says before the wish list pops up isn't normal dialogue but one that goes along with the list, thus, when you tried to skip it, you selected the first wish options which is for money.

Ugggghh that's terrible. Especially thinking about how long it's going to take to get them again. At least the drop rates on those are a little better than on some of the skills/outfits.

Edit: finally got this gif working I think. Got really lucky with Innocence Breath (nice horizontal spray).

I6AvSaq.gif

Philtastic

I unlocked the strike super Gigantic Omega just earlier and wow, it's an insane attack. It does both a lunging melee attack that covers a lot of distance and then launches a long range projectile. Combined with Recoome kick, I'm basically a ranged character where I'm the projectile!

TCKaos

EDIT: Holy crap, I got (mentor spoiler)
Yamcha
as a mentor and, as an example of the incredible amount of detail in this game, he commented on (mentor spoiler due to nature of comment)
how my female human was wearing Bulma's outfit and how it brought back memories to him
. That's insane! (spoiler mentions how this mentor notices a specific costume that I'm wearing) Also, the voice interactions between characters is nice when your AI helpers and enemies talk smack.

Vegeta did that to me when I was wearing Turles's getup.

Renae

Hello, I have a problem with the PQ 40 ultimate finish. I defeated Beerus with Buu alive at least ten times, but Whis doesn't appear. I think it's a bug, is someone who can try to confirm that it's definitely a bug ?

Philtastic

Hello, I have a problem with the PQ 40 ultimate finish. I defeated Beerus with Buu alive at least ten times, but Whis doesn't appear. I think it's a bug, is someone who can try to confirm that it's definitely a bug ?

Meeting bonus conditions only gives you a chance that the bonus round will occur. Some PQs have a significantly higher chance of it happening while some happen very rarely. This is what a lot of people are complaining about in terms of getting costumes/skills: you have RNG layered on top of RNG (ie. need bonus round to occur and then need it to drop).

That end pose on Innocence Breath is amazing, especially if you take someone out!

KHlover

Banned

Not a bug, he did appear for me...once. In like 20 tries. Fuck Whis and fuck Symphonic Destruction, Innocense Breath is better anyways :/

patchday

Not a bug, he did appear for me...once. In like 20 tries. Fuck Whis and fuck Symphonic Destruction, Innocense Breath is better anyways :/

I'd probably lean towards Symphonic Destruction being better although I use Innocence Breath way more because- Majin Swag

Wark

I'm kinda torn between picking either this game or Dead or Alive 5: Last Round up on Steam in the next couple of days. I know they're not the same kind of fighting game, but I was wondering if this game ran well on PC? I love the Dragon Ball series and will eventually get this game, but I'm not sure if I should pick this game up now on Steam or just hold off until a Steam sale. There's a possibly that I may just purchase it for console instead. Sell me on it so I can throw more of my hard-earned money toward my ever-growing backlog!

patchday

I'm currently on PS4. I hope for a Steam sale too and then I'll get it (or wait til I get a $25 gift card).

This game is a lot of fun and should be worth $50 to you easily if you're a dbz fan.

The grinding can get annoying but on PC you can probably get around that

I think I've reached my 'Zen' in regards to this game. I just like to casually play it for an hour or two during the week. I might do a bit more pvp soon too.

Oh ya I have a lot more free time now too so should be able to play this more

Philtastic

I'm kinda torn between picking either this game or Dead or Alive 5: Last Round up on Steam in the next couple of days. I know they're not the same kind of fighting game, but I was wondering if this game ran well on PC? I love the Dragon Ball series and will eventually get this game, but I'm not sure if I should pick this game up now on Steam or just hold off until a Steam sale. There's a possibly that I may just purchase it for console instead. Sell me on it so I can throw more of my hard-earned money toward my ever-growing backlog!

Very good port, highly optimized (even runs well on my tablet with integrated graphics), supports gamepads quite well, server issues have been fixed, haven't run into many bugs, game is amazing, I have 130+ hours in it and still playing it like crazy. My main complaints are that stat boosts are tied to specific costume pieces which makes it hard to min-max if you like a certain look, character race and gender have a big impact on gameplay (animation speeds, combo direction that you launch opponent at the end, passive bonuses like health/resource regen and melee/ranged damage), and RNG can be a bit extreme for certain bonus events and costume/skill drops.

Overall, it's a brilliant game that's easy to pick and play but very deep if you learn all the mechanics.

Wark

Very good port, highly optimized (even runs well on my tablet with integrated graphics), supports gamepads quite well, server issues have been fixed, haven't run into many bugs, game is amazing, I have 130+ hours in it and still playing it like crazy. My main complaints are that stat boosts are tied to specific costume pieces which makes it hard to min-max if you like a certain look, character race and gender have a big impact on gameplay (animation speeds, combo direction that you launch opponent at the end, passive bonuses like health/resource regen and melee/ranged damage), and RNG can be a bit extreme for certain bonus events and costume/skill drops.

Overall, it's a brilliant game that's easy to pick and play but very deep if you learn all the mechanics.

That's good to hear! It sounds like I may be purchasing this shortly then. Thanks for your input!

spidye

guys a quick question

I was going through a guide online I notice there's a third dlc parallel quest calles "Ultimate power, Ultimate sayan"

somehow I can't find it under "Events" or anywhere else

what am I missing?

Renae

Meeting bonus conditions only gives you a chance that the bonus round will occur. Some PQs have a significantly higher chance of it happening while some happen very rarely. This is what a lot of people are complaining about in terms of getting costumes/skills: you have RNG layered on top of RNG (ie. need bonus round to occur and then need it to drop).

Thanks, that RNG is definitely absurd...

patchday

Oh god just rolled a new character and joined online PQ 47. This is going to end bad. So used to my L80 I forgot

edit-> Okay that went well for some reason. Btw, anyone know where I can get an Angel Halo fairly quick?

Starting to learn how to utilize God Breaker and Change the Future. I can see these moves being permanently incorporated into my moveset if I can get better at them since I'd imagine they'd make my Female Majin much more difficult to fight. 100 points in health and majin defense already makes her a pain to damage, but add in the chance of getting countered? Oh boy.

Philtastic

Starting to learn how to utilize God Breaker and Change the Future. I can see these moves being permanently incorporated into my moveset if I can get better at them since I'd imagine they'd make my Female Majin much more difficult to fight. 100 points in health and majin defense already makes her a pain to damage, but add in the chance of getting countered? Oh boy.

They are amazing. I'm a bit disappointed, however, that Pressure Sign, the melee equivalent, doesn't even do half the damage that Change the Future does (I think. I might need to retest this. EDIT: Yeah, a 65 strike super + costume bonus-boosted Pressure Sign just edges out the damage of base-damage God Breaker and Change the Future). Still, nullifying damage and launching the enemy is still a pretty good deal.

Calcium

Banned
There was an update on PS4 but couldn't find any patch notes. I'm assuming all it was is DLC pack 2 data

If you push the Options button on any game in the PS4 main menu you can view the update history. There are a few fixes in addition to the DLC pack 2 including making the dragon balls easier to find.

If you push the Options button on any game in the PS4 main menu you can view the update history. There are a few fixes in addition to the DLC pack 2 including making the dragon balls easier to find.

Nice! Anything about other RNG/drop rates being adjusted?

patchday

Ah it was under "Update History". thanks!

Nope. Level increase to 85 and the dragon ball drop rates were the only significant changes. It's a start, though.

Ah very good news as well :)

Nope. Level increase to 85 and the dragon ball drop rates were the only significant changes. It's a start, though.

Yeah at least it demonstrates that they aren't averse to including tweaks with these DLC patches. Still hope! Kinda excited about having 5 extra points to play with, actually. I was using clothing to squeeze out an extra Ki bar on my maxed out character, now I won't have to rely on that as much.

This is probably unlikely, but it'd be cool if this second GT pack includes an amusement park stage, where SSJ4 Goku fought Omega.

Sorry for asking such a newb question but what should I be dumping my upgrade stats into? I've been playing as a saiyan female for about two hours and have been just spreading out the points evenly. Is melee really important or should i just be building my meter to unleash Ki supers?

McNum

Sorry for asking such a newb question but what should I be dumping my upgrade stats into? I've been playing as a saiyan female for about two hours and have been just spreading out the points evenly. Is melee really important or should i just be building my meter to unleash Ki supers?
Female Saiyan? 100 Ki and 100 Ki Blast is a classic build for those. Lots of Ki to keep Super Saiyan (or better yes, Super Vegeta) going for the longest you can, and lots of Ki Blast to fire powerful Ultimates for free while in Super Saiyan form. Pretty spammy, but against the computer, it's pretty nice.

I can recommend Perfect Kamehameha, Giant Storm, and Special Beam Cannon as possible Ultimates. Piccolo unlocks early as a trainer, so SBC is easy enough to get. You probably want some Ki Charge move as well.

Melee can be important, but for a female Saiyan, it's mostly to build up Ki. You have 37 points to spend on non-Ki stuff, it can go there if you want. Or 25 of it in Stamina for an extra bar of that. Up to you. Just get the Ultimate spam going at some point, it does silly damage against computer enemies who don't know how to dodge it.

Top Bottom