• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F” Spoiler Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about the power level stuff starting in Cell?

Are you kidding? That was the point of the Namek Saga and especially Vegeta

Pui and Dodoria looks at scouter uh oh.

Zarbon after Vegeta come backs looks at scouter, uh oh.

Jeice looks at Scouter, uh oh.

Vegeta powers up villain looks at scouter gets scared.

I mean Freeza kept talking how his second form was one million and how many times he increased in power. Which becomes ridiculous as you calculate it.

All of fights are just stalling for time until Goku shows up.

The Cell Saga at least had Vegeta and Piccolo get straight victories and multiple fights. Piccolo actually got the rare even fight that didn't involve Goku. Goku fights 19 for a bit and then Cell. It's the one Saga Goku fights the least.

But there was more "tactics" in the fights while Cell Saga were just a lot of straight up fights where the strongest wins.

Vegeta vs Goku, Krillin and Gohan was the best example with a lot of surprises and great plans from both sides. Frieza VS everyone was basically stalling time but every fighters had their moments like Krillin trolling Frieza and even cutting his tail, Gohan destroyed him for a moment and Piccolo dominated him on his 2nd form.

There is nothing of these in Cell saga. Vegeta destroyed C-19, C-18 destroyed everyone, Piccolo won against Cell but was too stupid, Piccolo won against C-17 but was too stupid, Vegeta won against Cell but was too stupid and so on. It's just a mix of people being way too stupid or were simply too frail for their opponent and that's why it's disappointing.

evangd007

The thing is, they're bring back an old villain in Freeza. Even Vegeta gets to win sometimes.

Goku just killing Freeza again is boring as fuck. Vegeta deserves that satisfaction, I think.

Pretty much. Toriyama could have had Goku go back in time to just deflect the earth-shattering kaboom and let Vegeta have his moment, but no.

But there was more "tactics" in the fights while Cell Saga were just a lot of straight up fights where the strongest wins.

Vegeta vs Goku, Krillin and Gohan was the best example with a lot of surprises and great plans from both sides. Frieza VS everyone was basically stalling time but every fighters had their moments like Krillin trolling Frieza and even cutting his tail, Gohan destroyed him for a moment and Piccolo dominated him on his 2nd form.

There is nothing of these in Cell saga. Vegeta destroyed C-19, C-18 destroyed everyone, Piccolo won against Cell but was too stupid, Piccolo won against C-17 but was too stupid, Vegeta won against Cell but was too stupid and so on. It's just a mix of people being way too stupid or were simply too frail for their opponent and that's why it's disappointing.

I kind of see what you're saying. Either opponent just completely overpowers the others. The closest we got to an interesting fight was Piccolo vs Imperfect Cell and then Goku vs Perfect Cell.

Otherwise its Vegeta and Trunks completely owning semi perfect cell and then once he gets 18 its reversed.

Just so I understand this right: Super Saiyan God is essentially an alternate Saiyan form with its own version of SSJ1? If so, I can't wait for green SSJ3 hair in the next film.

Hystzen

Would it kill toriyama do a fun ending.

After Goku time travels he instant transmissions next to Vegeta starts going Kame

Vegeta shouts not this time does a Big Bang attack

Both Goku and Vegeta attacks hit at same time cue Vegeta claiming he won while Goku laughs

Merc_

Can someone tell me why it's such a huge deal that Goku beats the bad guy? I never hear people bitch about Luffy, Yusuke, Ichigo, Naruto etc. always beating the main villain. If I also remember right, there were people complaining that Goku lost to Beerus too.

Anyway, movie sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Just so I understand this right: Super Saiyan God is essentially an alternate Saiyan form with its own version of SSJ1?

The way I heard it described it's just going SSJ after having acquired the god power up.

If so, I can't wait for green SSJ3 hair in the next film.

Broly_ssj3%28Dragon_Ball_Heroes%29.png

Lamel

Banned
BotG fight was in the upper atmosphere not space.

Bardock is the same or just TOEI bullshit.
Yeah because there is a lot of oxygen in the upper atmosphere.

edit: I also remember when vegetables first turned super saiyan he was on some asteroid devoid of life. Wonder how he could breathe there.

I mean the show us full of inconsistency it doesn't really matter.

Can someone tell me why it's such a huge deal that Goku beats the bad guy? I never hear people bitch about Luffy, Yusuke, Ichigo, Naruto etc. always beating the main villain. If I also remember right, there were people complaining that Goku lost to Beerus too.

Because in all those other anime except for maybe Naruto, the supporting characters actually get important fights and are allowed to beat their enemies. In DBZ, Goku is a one-man army and all the other characters just job until he comes to save the day. It gets boring.

DedValve

Banned
I do feel sorry for Vegeta fans though. What happens in this movie to him is just as bad as that hax Buu absorption crap with Gohan and Gotenks. Fucking robbed, all of them.

Your not a true DBZ character until Goku steals the spotlight at least twice.

Yeah because there is a lot of oxygen in the upper atmosphere.

edit: I also remember when vegetables first turned super saiyan he was on some asteroid devoid of life. Wonder how he could breathe there.

I mean the show us full of inconsistency it doesn't really matter.

Enough for them to breathe yes, and Vegeta training on an asteroid was filler.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

To be fair Ichigo has been boring for a while and fans have championed the return of a certain character because of it.

Village

other people win in everything you listed
Also ichigo is boring

Akiller

Toriyama doesn't like Vegeta, he keeps him around because he knows the character is popular, but he has stated that he is his least favourite character. That means Vegeta will never, ever win anything and will be constantly humiliated as long as AT writes.

Apparently GT writers hated Vegeta too: the moustache, being controlled by Baby, not being able to go SSJ3, getting to SSJ4 via a cheap machine... my god GT is atrocious.

What I'm getting here are Fairy Tail vibes. Or maybe Mashima just takes from Toriyama, who knows, but the result is that when it comes to the main character everything is boring, predictable, lazy and just plain BAD because every fight ends the same way:

- MC loses (well, in FT Natsu NEVER loses)

- Gets powerup / favorable situation pulled of his ass

- ????

- Wins

???? is the "WE ARE WIZARD OF FAIRY TAIL!" shout.

Tookay

As a Vegeta fan, I knew there was no point getting hyped for this movie. And I was right.

Although the way they ended this sounds worse than I imagined.

I also question the wisdom of having two movies straight where the good guys fail to win in a fair fight.

DedValve

Banned
Yeah Fairy Tail is just lazy. No drama at all in their fights since I don't think any of the characters ever lose. Ever. The tournament saga was just ridiculous.

At least in DBZ Gohan won that 1 time against Cell. So it has that.

Alienous

Yeah Fairy Tail is just lazy. No drama at all in their fights since I don't think any of the characters ever lose. Ever. The tournament saga was just ridiculous.

Did he?

father-son-kamehameha.gif

Did he really?

Sandfox

One thing I like about Fairy Tail is that single fights don't take months to complete.

Savitar

I'll never understand why if it took five of them to make a SSJ God that they don't you know....do that for each other.

SSJ God family.

Merc_

Because in all those other anime except for maybe Naruto, the supporting characters actually get important fights and are allowed to beat their enemies. In DBZ, Goku is a one-man army and all the other characters just job until he comes to save the day. It gets boring.

What? With the sole exception of Freeza (only after becoming Super Saiyan) Goku never wins a single battle against the main villains on his own. With Vegeta he needed Gohan, Krillin, and Yajirobe to end the fight. Cell was Gohan plus the rest of the cast. With Buu he needed Vegeta to hold off Buu and Mr. Satan to get the people of earth to donate energy to the Spirit Bomb. The movies and the original series are the only places I've ever seen the one-man army Goku.

Also, Vegeta and the others beat a number of lesser enemies though out the series. So, yeah, I'm not seeing the problem here.

Plenty of people dislike Naruto and Bleach making most characters useless while give continuous magical power-ups to the main characters solely because of genetics or they have a demon inside of them.

One Piece is a special example because it's the most grounded. Distance between locations actually matters so the group has to split up in different formations in every arc to perform different tasks. A lot of tasks deal with non-fighting objectives.

I mean unlike the other series most of the One Piece crew aren't primary fighters. They have other important skills they bring. In fact there is a wide-range of overall power across the crew with Usopp and Nami at one end achieving victory through weapons and smarts. All can fight in their own way though.

Of the main crew the Monster Trio (Luffy, Zero and Sanji) are the three who can deal with the elite of the enemy. The split up formation works because they need multiple people to deal with multiple threats/issues within a timeline.

In Dragonball everyone except Yamcha was primarily a fighter. Krillin and Gohan eventually got out of it and Piccolo seems to hangout with Gohan's family if his appearance in the manga states. Tien the one dude that just trains, farms and hangs out with Chaitzou.

Vegeta's the one dude still trying to keep up with Goku (which sadly goes against his character development at the end of the Buu arc). Even then he can't get the win.

Dude should do what everybody else does and just relax while Goku continues to train and be a horrible family man.

Ponn

Banned
That blows about Vegeta not getting the kill. The series was understandable with Goku's rise to SS and avenging Vegeta and the Saiyan race but it would have been nice to give Vegeta his chance at finally avenging himself and his father and his whole life being under Frieza's rule. He kinda of deserves it more than Goku.

Savitar

If you expected Vegeta to get the kill you just haven't been paying attention to the past two plus decades of Goku saves the day.

guek

Banned
Vegeta's the one dude still trying to keep up with Goku (which sadly goes against his character development at the end of the Buu arc). Even then he can't get the win.

Dude should do what everybody else does and just relax while Goku continues to train and be a horrible family man.

Vegeta is the only other character in the series that enjoys fighting as much as Goku. They're rivals, just because Goku is better doesn't mean Vegeta wont keep pushing himself or is content to fall further behind.

Astral

I'm more upset at how much of a loser Gohan has become. Does Toriyama hate him or something? Do Japanese fans hate him? I'm watching Kai and holy shit is Gohan awesome in the Cell Saga. The first to go Super Saiyan 2 and he kills Cell with a ONE-HANDED KAMEHAMEHA. The kid was the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom