• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F” Spoiler Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishida

Banned

Damn. Goku sounds A LOT more arrogant and cocky in the english translation. I don't know how faithful it is to the original but here is the Latin American translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNwX_cIVO10

Goku: "It's truly annoying" (The Room of Time and Spirit)

Goku: "We wouldn't be able to relax peacefully during the days we have left"

Vegeta: "Mmmh.. Well well... Mr. Kakarot has realized that it is such an uncomfortable room and he seemingly didn't like it!"

Goku: "It IS uncomfortable. But it makes no sense to keep training there if we are going to get the same results. Let's not obsess too much. Don't take this as a complaint, I'm not telling you NOT to enter that room. It's clear that you can still become a little bit stronger."

Vegeta: "What did you say!? You are an insolent! That comment you just made, I find it to be imprudent! Are you hinting you are a lot more powerful than I am?!"

Goku: "Yes. I am stronger than you."

Vegeta: "WHAT!?"

Goku: "Well! I wish you good luck! See you at Cell's Tournament! Gohan! Let's go!"

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aTvfICJwbM&feature=youtu.be&t=3m31s

Between these two videos I have concluded that vegeta is an actual child

Damn. Goku sounds A LOT more arrogant and cocky in the english translation. I don't know how faithful it is to the original but here is the Latin American translation:

Vegeta: "Mmmh.. Well well... Mr. Kakarot has realized that it is such an uncomfortable room and he seemingly didn't like it!"

Goku: "It IS uncomfortable. But it makes no sense to keep training there if we are going to get the same results. Let's not obsess too much. Don't take this as a complaint, I'm not telling you NOT to enter that room. It's clear that you can still become a little bit stronger."

Vegeta: "What did you say!? You are an insolent! That comment you just made, I find it to be imprudent! Are you hinting you are a lot more powerful than I am?!"

Goku: "Well! I wish you good luck! See you at Cell's Tournament! Gohan! Let's go!"

Where's the angsty monologue? I'd like to know what he said/if he said anything there

munchie64

2VcUwvo.png

What's wrong with your face?

latest

What do you mean?

The Buu saga was when the art design for Dragonball was at its peak, downhill since then for sure. Everyone looks absurdly young now, aren't the likes of Bulma not close to 50 in this new movie?

Ishida

Banned
I don't know, man. "Curse you, Kakarot! Why won't you just leave me alone!" is pretty great.

It IS pretty funny!

Here's the Latin American version of Vegeta's inner ranting:

"DAMN IT!! That useless Kakarot!! It's ALWAYS the same!! He is ALWAYS one step ahead of me!! How I hate that worm... When I think I've matched him, he reaches even further!!"

The original Funimation dub had a greatly inaccurate script.

Here's the Kai verison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4jLphxYWw&t=13m30s

Daingurse

Was pretty dissapointed to hear that Vegeta doesn't get the finishing blow. Damn it, it felt like it might really be his time. Oh well, guess this is what happens when you're a fan of "The Prince of All Jobbers", should have not gotten my hopes up.

Well GT doesn't count so all we have is BOG.

Vegeta still trains, but is it because he wants to be better than Goku or he just wants to see how far he can take himself?

Given that Vegeta's 2 big character moments in BoG are 1) throwing his pride away and making a complete fool of himself for the sake of the earth's safety and 2) going berserk after Bulma was hit, I think the point is made that Vegeta has stopped being such a prideful ass.

Reset

Yes he did, Son-Goku only gave mental support from the Otherworld. If you want to contest Gohan's victory here, why don't you post an image of Vegeta distracting Cell with a Ki Blast to the back of his head when he was just about to overpower Gohan completely? :p

You mean the only reason he was losing because he could only use one arm, and that his second arm got broken because he had to save Vegeta.

Given that Vegeta's 2 big character moments in BoG are 1) throwing his pride away and making a complete fool of himself for the sake of the earth's safety and 2) going berserk after Bulma was hit, I think the point is made that Vegeta has stopped being such a prideful ass.

Fighting for the sake of Earth is still something that Goku doesn't completely do. That's been made perfectly clear by the show and Toriyama. Goku fights to push himself as far as he can go and enjoys doing so. Vegeta even said at the end of Z that he mistakenly thought fighting for others was what gave Goku some extra power. That's not the case.

So again, both characters still differ in how they approach fighting.

Merc_

I don't really see how this is jobbing. Freeza did to Vegeta exactly what he tried to do to Goku on Namek, he just didn't fuck up this time. The fact that Freeza even had to do that is pretty much an admittance that he couldn't beat Vegeta. I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason Whis decides to rewind time is because of Freeza using such a cheap tactic. Even if Vegeta doesn't get the final blow, I have a hard time calling this jobbing.

Varna

I love all the "Well, duh... Goku is the hero" comments. This series has been teasing his successor since the beginning of Z and seeing this series not even budge a little since there is pretty disheartening. I still like to pretend the series ends with Freeza the first time. Nothing that isn't alluded to happens after anyways.

EDIT: I hate Vegeta. The worse thing about the post Z content is that Vegeta is right up there with Goku now. What a fucken joke. Dude is a horrible person that everything in the series should be uncomfortable hanging out with.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I love all the "Well, duh... Goku is the hero" comments. This series has been teasing his successor since the beginning of Z and seeing this series not even budge a little since there is pretty disheartening. I still like to pretend the series ends with Freeza the first time. Nothing that isn't alluded to happens after anyways.

EDIT: I hate Vegeta. The worse thing about the post Z content is that Vegeta is right up there with Goku now. What a fucken joke. Dude is a horrible person that everything in the series should be uncomfortable hanging out with.
you just cant handle his super saiyan swagger

NeonZ

Gohan is completely discarded as his successor though.

While they at least pretend to be tied to Z's epilogue, then the only character that might truly succeed Goku in the future is Uub. Or Pan, since it's briefly mentioned in the Z epilogue that she's the only other person in Goku's family who enjoys training diligently - although they easily can change that in future movies with the excuse "she's older now!", just like GT did.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

It's a flimsy excuse when you have other Shounen Jump series catering to other characters fine enough. It boils down to Toriyama either being lazy or just not knowing what to do anymore or something else. No one really knows but him.

All of Goku's friends are former villains

In chronological order:

Yamcha:
- Former bandit who has probably robbed countless people.
Krillin:
- Not really a "villain" per se, but certainly less than ethical for a bit.
Tien:
- Student of Roshi's revival. A cheap, dirty fighter not above cheating or being unnecessarily violent
Piccolo
- The incarnated version of the god damn DEMON KING.

Kain

The Sloppy Seconds Prince.

Oh shit just realized that. But Vegeta does kill Yamcha before hooking up with Bulma, so that makes it... ok?

BTW, I have the theory Trunks is not really Vegeta's son: Hear me, he has purple hair whereas Bulma has green/blue and Vegeta black. Genetics don't work that way, GoT taught me that!

Oh shit just realized that. But Vegeta does kill Yamcha before hooking up with Bulma, so that makes it... ok?

BTW, I have the theory Trunks is not really Vegeta's son: Hear me, he has purple hair whereas Bulma has green/blue and Vegeta black. Genetics don't work that way, GoT taught me that!

Other than the fact that his face is exactly like Vegeta and that he can turn into a super saiyan, solid theory.

I never understood why Vegeta didn't train like goku after he saw him come out. He knew that mother fucker was stronger than him after he showed Koran, he knew he should have tried to duplicate the "always stay in super-saiyajin mode at all times" gimmick. SO WHY THE FUCK DIDNT HE!

I know why...AT is bad at writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom