• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II Is Downgraded On Nintendo Switch Compared To PS4 Version

L.O.R.D

hyrule warriors legends on 3DS was good game even of it's n3ds.

I think dragon quest heroes 1+2 are bundled together for a price of one game,however i won't touch the first one because it's was not good game.
Wonder about the second.

Being on parable device give it slight advantage,but if you that kind of person who only play at home at big screen,then you should get the PS4 version.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well OP i hope you are ready but on a technical level the switch is on 360/ps3/wiiu level

So yes if there is a port it gonna look like last gen and many games are not gonna have a port at all

so you mean that i am forced to buy first party games ONLY on a nintendo console?
and no ports cause they are bad?

SHOCKER !

been doing that since the damn wii

Not that a quick and dirty port of a Vita title is the best thing to judge capability, but...

In what world do you folks not see with your own eyes what Switch actually is?
I mean, it's a powerful gaming tablet. With various advanced gaming inputs.

It doesn't freaking matter what Nintendo's marketing team says it is, you can see it with your own eyes.

The laws of physics clearly state what you can accomplish inside a small tablet form factor. Said tablet will not compete with a PS4 or an XB1. Full stop. Even with FP16. Ever.

Again, simple laws of physics.

The concern trolling, pretending otherwise and begging for third party in this thread and others is embarrassing tbh.
Look at what the device is with your eyes, and judge what it is based on what the laws of physics tell you is possible. Stop wishing for what it isn't.

Edit: and no, it's not a Wii U or a PS3. It is more capable than both.

Oregano

Judging by the trailer DQ Heroes I looks better than II?

Is it really a case of them porting the PS3 version of I and Vita version of II?

Weird as hell if so...

Guess Who

Banned
Not that a quick and dirty port of a Vita title is the best thing to judge capability, but...

In what world do you folks not see with your own eyes what Switch actually is?
I mean, it's a powerful gaming tablet. With various advanced gaming inputs.

It doesn't freaking matter what Nintendo's marketing team says it is, you can see it with your own eyes.

The laws of physics clearly state what you can accomplish inside a small tablet form factor. Said tablet will not compete with a PS4 or an XB1. Full stop. Even with FP16. Ever.

Again, simple laws of physics.

The concern trolling, pretending otherwise and begging for third party in this thread and others is embarrassing tbh.
Look at what the device is with your eyes, and judge what it is based on what the laws of physics tell you is possible. Stop wishing for what it isn't.

yes, but have you considered, nintendo should've made a machine as powerful as a ps4 that fits in a 6" tablet and costs $249 with a 1tb ssd inside

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1bkpx5.png

2fkphq.png

comparison-2mcp92.gif

Can someone throw in the PS3 version, if possible, for good measure ?

Crazy that few months ago some people were dreaming of the Switch's specs to be somewhere close to PS4. Then few days ago we got people daydreaming a "super doc" that could boost the horsepower to PS4PRO level.

Sign.... just accept it as what it is.

umm...we dont have official specs of Nintendo do we? I've never seen them anyway. Browsing GAF and other forums, a few weeks back I was under the impression the Switch would be a little bit weaker than X1, DQ is hardly pushing the PS4 to its limit, so yeah, I wouldn't expect to see such a big downgrade in quality with a port like this, especially not one of 60fps vs. 30fps.

So the "Shocking" peanut gallery mocking the OP for creating this thread....Yeah, plz stop, the difference is jarring.

We really don't know at this point besides that I would say that using launch ports as measure of strength is probably not wise. THe Switch seemingly isn't just a tiny bit weaker than the XB1 though. It's not like a PS2 to the GC and Xbox situation.

Still Nintendo needs to stop pushing this as a console. A handheld able that is able to received PS4 downports is still impressive.

Is it really a case of them porting the PS3 version of I and Vita version of II?

Weird as hell if so...
Yeah, like what people have been saying, it seems like Omega Force and Square Enix just wanted to get this out by Switch launch. I'm sure Fire Emblem Warriors will be a much better showcase of what the Switch can do.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

People keep saying it's a Vita port, but are forgetting that Dragon Quest Heroes I didn't even release on Vita.... It is possible they ported DQH from PS3 and DQH2 from Vita... but that'd be pretty weird lol (b/c why wouldn't they just port both PS3 versions?)

Guess Who

Banned
People keep saying it's a Vita port, but are forgetting that Dragon Quest Heroes I didn't even release on Vita.... It is possible they ported DQH from PS3 and DQH2 from Vita... but that'd be pretty weird lol (b/c why wouldn't they just port both PS3 versions?)

At least CPU-wise, the Switch is architecturally much, much closer to the Vita than the PS3, so it'd likely be easier to port that version.

crinale

Weird as hell if so...

Well 2 is a bit more demanding game than 1 especially how field is designed, so that may be the reason.
(To put it bluntly 1 was a game which entire project was done in 9 month so it is more like 1 is not a AAA game fully funded for couple of years)

By the way, how come it's still not confirmed for the West?
Well I figure they'll try to sell as much copies of 2 at full price on PS4 before selling 1+2 at the same price on Switch, heh.

It's not confirmed for the West because it's not coming. This is Dragon Quest we're talking about here.

lenovox1

Weird as hell if so...

Oregano is right. And it is weird. But, oh well, you get two games for the price of one.

People just shrugging it have to realize that they accepted the Switch to just be a second choice gaming console seeing as third party again, seems to be a gen behind.

Notice that we had some threads months ago that were hoping that Nintendo would take things more seriously but alas it seems not to be the case.

I don't mind though seeing as I had expected it to be like this regardless and I was looking at the Switch presentation as a buyers bonus console if anything else (since I have a ton of stuff to finish anyway before I start thinking of getting another Nintendo console)

On another note though we seems to have tossed some softball criticism on Nintendo even though they are a major console manufacturer... I've even seen some people online criticize individuals who argued against the switch for one reason or the other saying that their views will harbor low sales

like that is suppose to be on the consumer? It is the responsibility of the company to try and entice us not the consumer trying to maintain positive buzz all the way to the bank.

TLZ

Banned
but if you that kind of person who only play at home at big screen,then you should get the PS4 version.

See that is a problem IMO. I understand the portable part is awesome, but if every multiplatform game to be played on big screen is sent to be played elsewhere, then that's a financial loss for nintendo every time. That's not good obviously. I'm sure Nintendo would rather get everyone's money and not turn people away only because their version looks inferior on the big screen.

Considering a vita version of this exists, it's likely that they are using the vita assets as a base to build on switch, rather than ps4.

Best guess about heroes 2 being vita ported rather than ps3 ported is to trim down the card size. The game must be rather large between both games.

Heroes 1 is 23.7gb on ps4
Heroes 2 is ?? (Probably at least as big as the first, couldn't find any info on Google)

Total ~47gb

Heroes 1 is 18.57gb on ps3
Heroes 2 is 3.18gb on vita

Total ~22gb.

File sizes to fit carts?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Switch:

JJQG8Qw.jpg

PS3 and Vita:

tN1QYPr.jpg

This just blew my mind for one reason everyone is skipping over: The Nintendo Switch has the potential to revive the PS Vita. Imagine the easy port jobs between the two.

Edit: Also, think about all of those 3ds developers and their massive new Switch library in the future easily coming over to vita. The potential is there.

crinale

I think the whole point of this is it goes against what some people here were saying. That is, at least Japanese third parties would take Switch much more seriously than Western ones.

EA's FIFA is upport of Gen7 version, but I don't think anyone is surprised by that. Because, hey, it's EA after all so what should people expect? Now if we see the same kind of treatment from Japanese third parties (KT being developer and SE being publisher) the concern becomes a bit more valid I guess.

Oregano

This just blew my mind for one reason everyone is skipping over: The Nintendo Switch has the potential to revive the PS Vita. Imagine the easy port jobs between the two.

The gap between Vita and Switch is comparable to the one between Switch and PS4.

I'll probably still pick it up on Switch to support the DQ series in the west, but this solves my concern on what console to play DQHII on so that's nice.

EricB

This just in: The Nintendo Switch smells bad!

In all seriousness, could we stop the constant picking apart and amplicification of every little negative detail of the Switch?

Once it releases, and if it floats, we'll know whether it was a witch.

On topic:

This will fill gap left by the decision not to localize the Vita version nicely. Hopefully it turns out close enough to the PS4 version that I will be satisfied just picking up one version.

Eusis

Why does the PS3 version look considerably lower resolution and more jagged?
720p zoomed in maybe? Or switch is >720p when docked while using PS3 assets.

It does sound/seem as if some effects are missing from the Switch version. Maybe they'll show up in the final? Or there's some random compromises or it'll be like swome weird Vita + PS3 version.

720p zoomed in maybe? Or switch is >720p when docked while using PS3 assets.

It does sound/seem as if some effects are missing from the Switch version. Maybe they'll show up in the final? Or there's some random compromises or it'll be like swome weird Vita + PS3 version.

Guessing it's a port of ps3 heroes 1 and vita heroes 2 since those are the smallest filesize versions.

I don't know what does nintendo is allowing switch cards in but using vita heroes 2 would allow it to get under 32gb while using ps3 heroes 2 would put it just over 32gb. That may have been a cost saving decision.

Top Bottom