• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |Import OT| - Warriors worth a thousand slimes

Can anybody currently playing/not at work check to see if the game lets you stream on Twitch through the native PS4 app? It wasn't letting us do yesterday. Twitch was grayed out and just said "not available."

Nico Nico and Ustream were fine though.

Finally decided to boot this up after getting some sleep most of the day XD was up all night again anticipating this.

I'm still in the tutorial, but oh my god....this game is soooooo pretty!! Videos and streams have not done it justice. It's beautiful ^_^

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm interesting just noticed on the OHP that they had posted basically "rules & regs" in regards to streaming / recording footage from the game.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/heroes/guidelines/index.html

With that being said makes me think most def that they will be going after non PS4 filtered recorded footage due to the music and such. Makes me wonder if I should even bother to record any footage if the "auto-bots" are going to be flagging shit which will make everything a headache after.

That's some funny shit. They are seriously asking people to put up their copyright tag manually in their streams until they put out a patch that adds it to the video feed from the PS4.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
_201502250230182bjs7.jpg

Ugh. PS4 keeps getting the no-anisotropic filtering treatment from devs, those ground textures look awful and that really bring the visuals down a notch (or three).
It's especially annoying for a cross-gen game.

edit: wait, maybe that's the PS3 version? The aliasing there makes the IQ so jaggy that I almost cut my eyes watching, surely that can't be the game on PS4

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ugh. PS4 keeps getting the no-anisotropic filtering treatment from devs, those ground textures look awful and that really bring the visuals down a notch (or three).

edit: wait, maybe that's the PS3 version? The aliasing there makes the IQ so jaggy that I almost cut my eyes watching, surely that can't be the game on PS4

Do us all a favor and quote that shit out of common courtesy to others.
*The image obviously.

Shouta

I can't select twitch on my PS4 for DQH either. I guess no dice for Native PS4 streaming for the game, lol.

raven777

_201502250230182bjs7.jpg

The screenshot you posted is from PS4

raven777

But alena/arena is already in the game.

The first week is battle arena and if you beat it, you get her original costume (which is what I posted up there)

First 2 weeks DLC info. Inside () is the reward for beating it.

1st week: Battle Arena(Alena's original costume) + Alena&Clifford sub story (their alt. color costume)

2nd week: Magic Knight Battle (unlock Psaro as playable character) + Jessica&Yangas sub story (their alt. color costume)

Faustek

Hmmm interesting just noticed on the OHP that they had posted basically "rules & regs" in regards to streaming / recording footage from the game.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/heroes/guidelines/index.html

With that being said makes me think most def that they will be going after non PS4 filtered recorded footage due to the music and such. Makes me wonder if I should even bother to record any footage if the "auto-bots" are going to be flagging shit which will make everything a headache after.

Are they actually asking people to flag themselves ( -_・)?

Odd considering this is a new PS4 too. For whatever reason the fans are loud as hell.

It's grumples, you need to rub your belly while singing "Papa Don't Preach" in purple underpants and then whack the PS4 while it's confused. That will make the grumples so shaken that it will vacate your PS4 and never come back in fear....or you know. Check that out.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Almost three hours in now and really enjoying it. Definitely more here to keep me interested than a typical Musou game.

In terms of streaming, I checked a moment ago and Twitch was still showing up as unavailable.

Faustek

People make an image of the unknown, to cement it's status as something "known". So far everything except your status as a mod has been unknown to me. And for some reason I always imagined you as a German with some bass to his voice.

People make an image of the unknown, to cement it's status as something "known". So far everything except your status as a mod has been unknown to me. And for some reason I always imagined you as a German with some base to his voice.

It's bass, not base. Pet peeve of mine when people do that lol

raven777

Is there some place where I can store my items? I can only care 30 items and it's already full. Do I have to just sell those? I really don't know which ones I should sell..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully it'll still look good in motion, trailers were great... but disappointmenton total so far :(

The character and enemy models look pretty good, but yeah, the visuals are pretty disappointing to me.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Bought it off the Singapore PSN store for S$79.90. Downloading now. Wanted to buy the physical copy but my nearest store isn't sure when it'll come in.

Will doubledip the English version if I like the game:)

HIR0

First DLC was announced. Free of charge.

Arena Battle + Alena and Kiryl Sub-Story

Release Date: March 5

If you clear the arena battle, you’ll get Alena’s original costume from Dragon Quest IV. If you clear the sub-story, you’ll get different colored costumes for Alena and Kiryl.

Demon Sworsdman Battle + Jessica and Yangus Sub-Story

Release Date: March 12

If you clear the arena battle, you’ll unlock Psaro as a playable ally. If you clear the sub-story, you’ll get different colored costumes for Jessica and Yangus.

In the Future

Gods of Destruction and Slaughter Battle + Terry Sub-Story
Greatest Demon Beast Battle + Bianca & Nera Sub-Story
Great Demon Lord Battle + Maya Sub-Story

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/first-dragon-quest-heroes-dlc-announced

Wait, there's DLC to put Alena's tights back on?

Why wasn't she like this to begin with?!

In an interview, they noted that they had no idea people would care so much about the tights, so after everyone kept bugging them about it they decided to put it back in after the fact. lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Wait, there's DLC to put Alena's tights back on?

Why wasn't she like this to begin with?!

At least the DLC will be free so you will be able to get that model no problem!

In an interview, they noted that they had no idea people would care so much about the tights, so after everyone kept bugging them about it they decided to put it back in after the fact. lol

That is pretty funny. But glad that they did add it back in.

Shouta

Thanks for watching folks. I really need to get a new cap device to get better image quality for 1080, lol

Kyoufu

Hey Shouta question does your PS4 go into overdrive mode with the fans when you run the game?

Mine does. Sounds like it's ready to launch into outer space. Only way to not hear it is by playing with headphones.

Thanks for watching folks. I really need to get a new cap device to get better image quality for 1080, lol

Not many viewers can handle 1080p60fps streams so I'm content with 720p.

Top Bottom