• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |Import OT| - Warriors worth a thousand slimes

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Weird, I'm streaming tge game without any probkems, but I'm getting the "can't connect to network" error in game...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Weird, I'm streaming tge game without any probkems, but I'm getting the "can't connect to network" error in game...

Yeah I just got that error too? Wonder if their servers are getting hammered to shit with all the people who bought the game lol.

Mine does. Sounds like it's ready to launch into outer space. Only way to not hear it is by playing
with headphones.

Not many viewers can handle 1080p60fps streams so I'm content with 720p.

hmm thats weird. yeah mine is still doing it even though i changed power strips too just in case.

---

Man this game really is great though and looks fantastic in motion :)

older footage had recorded but of me fighting the first boss the dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

ah need moar tiny medals. D:

Wanchan

When i start the game, the PS4 is loud as hell but it only happens for like 2 minutes then it's silent again.

Enjoying the game so far, i'm 15 hours in, level 25. I also have the random network error window poping today, weird.

Parakeetman

Man the combat and switching between party members really is great! You most def need to make use of it early on if you want to win.

Clift is almost always in the party during boss fights now due to his スクルト / skult skill which raises defense. Big help to cut down on damage taken.

Switching between characters is so smooth too and the monster coin system is great. Does help with the levels and such.

Parakeetman

Finally got the awards counter unlocked and turned in all the stuff for medals.

gold-soins-falling-o.gif

Aeana

The game didn't ship last night like I expected. Apparently, Play-Asia didn't get the PS4 version in on time. That's the nail in the coffin for getting it this week. Oh well.

Kyoufu

The game didn't ship last night like I expected. Apparently, Play-Asia didn't get the PS4 version in on time. That's the nail in the coffin for getting it this week. Oh well.

This is the reason why I went all digital. The pain of waiting for shipping as an importer was too much. Too much!

Aeana

This is the reason why I went all digital. The pain of waiting for shipping as an importer was too much. Too much!
It's really weird. I've used them for years and always gotten very predictable results, and now my last two orders from them have been messed up one way or another. I'm gonna have to move on I think. Sadly, I don't know of anyone else who even has the potential to get a game to me on release week. I prefer not to go digital.

Kyoufu

It's really weird. I've used them for years and always gotten very predictable results, and now my last two orders from them have been messed up one way or another. I'm gonna have to move on I think. Sadly, I don't know of anyone else who even has the potential to get a game to me on release week. I prefer not to go digital.

NCSX are based in the US so they'd probably be able to do it?

http://www.shopncsx.com/dqheroes-1.aspx

Chairhome

I'm going with Nin-nin-game.com this time around. I've only used them once, and it was a mixed reaction at first cause they didn't ship right away, i emailed them and they said they were waiting for stock (this was for puyo puyo tetris), even though the they didn't indicate on the product page that it was not in stock. However, as soon as they got stock a few days later, they shipped and it took 2-3 days to get to me. I've never had anything come from overseas that fast... doesn't look like they shipped my DQH yet, so I'll probably email them today.

NCSX are based in the US so they'd probably be able to do it?

http://www.shopncsx.com/dqheroes-1.aspx

$85.90 before shipping? yikes. I paid $80 after shipping with nin-nin-game

Gloam

That's rough. I've had some trouble with orders from them recently. They used to be the go-to for getting stuff quickly even to Ireland.

Parakeetman

In regards to the fan noise I think I know what it is. More like where it happens. Its when you are back on the airship. For whatever reason the fans go crazy when the player is there.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After 5 hours (level ~14) I have only one thing to say.
Don't ignore quests from the quest counter (unlocked later). Yes, some of them are boring and repetitive if you go out of your way to do them, but the rewards are totally worth it - 15 slot material inventory increase, increase of monster medal slots etc.

The game itself is fun, but yeah, it's more or less a musou as far as the gameplay goes. That said, there are more special attacks than in a regular musou game, monster medal system is a nice addition and character switching on the fly adds a nice dynamic to fights.

I really hope that missions get more varied later - I'm a bit fed up with the tower defense like ones.

Wanchan

After 5 hours (level ~14) I have only one thing to say.
Don't ignore quests from the quest counter (unlocked later). Yes, some of them are boring and repetitive if you go out of your way to do them, but the rewards are totally worth it - 15 slot material inventory increase, increase of monster medal slots etc.

Yeah i agree, i completed one few hours ago that extended tension time to 20 seconds, they're super important.

Shouta

The location variety is pretty astounding in the game. Lots of pretty unique looking maps and zones and the layouts are really good. I got Bianca and Flora last night and lol one of the missions had a room filled with Boss Trolls and Battle Rexes only for the last section. That's just evil.

Kyoufu

The location variety is pretty astounding in the game. Lots of pretty unique looking maps and zones and the layouts are really good. I got Bianca and Flora last night and lol one of the missions had a room filled with Boss Trolls and Battle Rexes only for the last section. That just evil.

I just did that one. Probably my favourite one yet.

Shouta

Also the reason i need to get a new cap card is that I think the input quality the card I have now is getting isn't as good as it could be. I may try to fiddle with more settings but it definitely is a step down in IQ.

Ah, so this is why P-A hasn't shipped my copy either. Bummer, I guess all we can do is be patient.

I really like NCSX and sometimes their pricing is really out of whack, as seen with DQH. But I guess timely service can have a premium. I'll probably use NCSX to import DQ Theatrythm.

Parakeetman

RIP Dungeonman's PS4.

It most def has something to do with DQ Heroes as for example like God Eater does not set the fans into overdrive like this.

Kinda odd something must not be optimized correctly since this ps4 is one of the more recent models brand new straight from sony.

i just noticed yangus is missing from the cover of the game either that or am not looking hard enough.

Labadal

Every time some of you guys have a stream, I enter here and find out that it's already over.

Screw it, I'm going all media blackout now. It's a sign.

Parakeetman

its so awesome how you can use juilette to cast bagi first then that burning bird (forgot the actual name) attack creating flaming tornados of doom lol

i need to figure out what other spell combinations there are.

doing it with bagima is so awesome looking will have to record it later tonight.

always wanted to do something like that since reading dai no daibouken years ago ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Cmagus

Game is looking real good although I'm avoiding streams and stuff I kind of want to wait for it.

Play Asia is killing me and it's giving me a ship date of the 28th. Luckily I pAid for express shipping but it won't be here till next week.

This game is really great guys. Like it better than Hyrule Warriors. The art style and music are fantastic. Homiron's voice is annoying. He sounds like a whiny young child.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Played Dragon Quest Heroes for the first time tonight. This has to be the slowest-paced musou game, in terms of getting all the various game play elements, that I've ever played. It took a solid hour for all of the mechanics to be introduced and initially I was pretty bored with the game. You start out killing a few enemy types with a very limited moveset and then mindlessly slash away at a dragon boss after a few levels. But as various systems started getting introduced, things got a lot more fun.

Visually the game is impressive in that there can be a large amount of characters on screen with minimal frame rate drops and no enemy pop-in, but the environments I've played in have all been pretty small in scale so far. One level was a giant open field with a large hill. There's a lot of attention to detail, like cloth moving in the background and even enemies relaxing when they're out of range, but the game still reminds me a lot of an "uprezzed PS3 game."

I'm liking this game right now, but I was definitely more impressed with Hyrule Warriors in comparison and so far Hyrule Warriors has this game beat in terms of boss battles and Sengoku Musou 4-II has it beat in terms of speed and the overall amount of enemies to fight at one time. I also miss being able to run or summon a horse. The characters in DQH move just a bit too slow. Maybe another mechanic will be introduced for this?

Yes they did- I ordered it from Play-Asia as well and my copy arrived today. I pre-ordered months ago...did you pre-order it recently? I've been noticing that with the real popular games, if I order close to release, I often don't get in on the first shipment. Maybe that's what happened here.

sensui-tomo

Played Dragon Quest Heroes for the first time tonight. This has to be the slowest-paced musou game, in terms of getting all the various game play elements, that I've ever played. It took a solid hour for all of the mechanics to be introduced and initially I was pretty bored with the game. You start out killing a few enemy types with a very limited moveset and then mindlessly slash away at a dragon boss after a few levels. But as various systems started getting introduced, things got a lot more fun.

Visually the game is impressive in that there can be a large amount of characters on screen with minimal frame rate drops and no enemy pop-in, but the environments I've played in have all been pretty small in scale so far. One level was a giant open field with a large hill. There's a lot of attention to detail, like cloth moving in the background and even enemies relaxing when they're out of range, but the game still reminds me a lot of an "uprezzed PS3 game."

I'm liking this game right now, but I was definitely more impressed with Hyrule Warriors in comparison and so far Hyrule Warriors has this game beat in terms of boss battles and Sengoku Musou 4-II has it beat in terms of speed and the overall amount of enemies to fight at one time. I also miss being able to run or summon a horse. The characters in DQH move just a bit too slow. Maybe another mechanic will be introduced for this?

Yes they did- I ordered it from Play-Asia as well and my copy arrived today. I pre-ordered months ago...did you pre-order it recently? I've been noticing that with the real popular games, if I order close to release, I often don't get in on the first shipment. Maybe that's what happened here.

Is it slower than that TROY game? please tell me no, because that was a game too slow for me to play.

Aeana

I preordered long ago. Sometime last year. Did you get the PS3 version or the PS4 version?

crinale

(Rather) slow movement is actually part of the game design, that is, if you are at wrong place at wrong moment you will be penalized for making wrong decisions.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is it slower than that TROY game? please tell me no, because that was a game too slow for me to play.

Never played the Troy game, sorry.

I preordered long ago. Sometime last year. Did you get the PS3 version or the PS4 version?

PS4. I wonder if there was a cut-off on first shipments that you missed or if they just didn't get as many copies in as they expected. What happened to you has definitely happened to me before with Play-Asia more than once. It always sucks when a game doesn't arrive in time for the weekend.

(Rather) slow movement is actually part of the game design, that is, if you are at wrong place at wrong moment you will be penalized for making wrong decisions.

Almost all the Koei musou games are like that...they just have faster movement speeds.

TBH my initial thoughts were that this game was like "Babby's first musou" with how slow and simple it was after a short amount of play time. No other musou game I can think of takes this long to actually get going. Too much tutorial stuff here. I can see why they did it, though.

Elixist

man ive been listening through the youtube playlist of dragon quest music somebody posted, great, chill net reading music, reminds me alot of studio ghibli stuff. a lil ot apologies.

Top Bottom