• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |Import OT| - Warriors worth a thousand slimes

Shouta

Terry's attack seems low compared to other folks, well at least compared to the main character. That's kind of what keeps him from being super OP. Also, it's only super good against single enemies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Terry's attack seems low compared to other folks, well at least compared to the main character. That's kind of what keeps him from being super OP. Also, it's only super good against single enemies.

That and chasing down metal slimes lol.

Yangus totally destroys everyone else when it comes to insane damage output from physical damage.

Cmagus

For those who finished the game already does the game let you go back and clean up after you finish?

I'm at the end of the game now or at least near it but I wanna complete the trophies so I wanna make sure before I proceed.

Chairhome

Just got to the flying ship. Man, looking through these menus and setting up tactics, figuring out what to use skill points on, etc, is going to take a while (even with the partial translations). Oh well, still fun! Thanks to whoever suggested using the Google translate app.

Parakeetman

Yeah I didn't understand how to use her :(

My party ATM consists of: Akt, Terry, Bianca and Dirk.

Dirk's High Tension is really nice.

it revolves around those bubbles and getting them to chain together when they burst.

her spell that can pull enemies to a central point plus those moon slashes together do a pretty good amount of damage but uses mp constantly i think.

i mostly dragged her around for the attack up when i had yangus in the pt too

I played about three hours last night and it's excellent. It feels like Dragon Quest. While I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, it felt more of a Dynasty Warriors game with the Zelda theme tacked on. This, IMO, feels closer to Dragon Quest than that did to Zelda. The pacing is brilliant and there have been so many features carried across from the mainline games. It's stunning too - the visuals looks great, I'm so pumped to finally be playing Dragon Quest in HD!

I really like the idea of the Monster Coins. It adds more depth to the battle system, allowing you to strategically place monsters to block off enemies. It feels like it's captured some elements from the Monsters spin-off series and it works really well. Easy to use and understand, even when it was explained in-game using Japanese (since I don't speak the language.)

Even so, I'm a big fan of the Japanese voice cast. At first I thought the main guy sounded a bit deeper than I'd expect, but he does a fantastic job. I'm glad it's getting an English dub, but I hope they leave the option for the Japanese cast in.

Also props for including so much amazing music, the original sound effects and just so much fan service. I'll be buying this again when it finally comes to Europe, no question about it! I uploaded a few videos, including a fight against Gigantes.

ys45

Stupid questions maybe but I don't understand Japanese a lot :
I just got to the part where you can do side quest and I chose one in an area I already completed, not sure what is the objective but monster kept spawning .

Is it an area just to grind items and exp or is there an objective ? because after 15 mins of running around I recalled to the base :p
Also is there a translation guide for Quest objectives or is the objectives generally pretty obvious in the game without understanding Japanese ?

Wanchan

Before you enter in an area, if there's a sword symbol, you'll notice it says FREE, those are basically grinding areas where you can complete the sub quests...press the touch pad before entering to look at the list of the monsters in that area, most areas are divided in 3 parts : upper, middle, lower parts/ranks with different monsters in there.

ys45

Before you enter in an area, if there's a sword symbol, you'll notice it says FREE, those are basically grinding areas where you can complete the sub quests...press the touch pad before entering to look at the list of the monsters in that area, most areas are divided in 3 parts : upper, middle, lower parts/ranks with different monsters in there.

Thanks

raven777

There is an item rate event this weekend

From March 7th 12 noon until end of March 8th the rare items (item rank A or above) drop rate will double.

There is an item rate event this weekend

From March 7th 12 noon until end of March 8th the rare items (item rank A or above) drop rate will double.

Ah! I saw that info pop up just now when I logged on. Thanks for the translation!

Also, I received a code with my game and I was able to enter it into the PSN Store on my Japanese account. I redeemed the content then went back to my PAL account. Voilà - DLC costumes!

jpJx45Bl.jpg

V3rt1go

Patch the game and you are ready.
(Ask the mail lady to activate quests).

Do you mean the DQ3 costumes? If so, go to そうび then コスチューム.
Thank you.

I have the DQ3 costumes from day one. I was talking about the new Alena's Quest.

Transfered the update but can't find the right quest.

Keep playing till i get there. Thanks

Shawn6661

Gamekult.com Import Review (in french)

+ a perfect action rpg fusion
+ the dynamism of battles
+ the monsters mechanism
+ the variety of bosses
+ good in game graphics
+ and cinematics
+ good framerate even in the most critical moments
+ a long and well paced adventure
+ superb fanservice
+ excellent musics and voices

- no coop
- generally too small arenas
- recycled arenas for sidequests
- it lacks combos
- the camera is a little too close
- the systematic returns to the base
- transparent hero
- impossible to zap the Tension attacks
- New Game + poorly thought

8/10 (editor's choice)

Trying to get into the
Keeper of the Light boss battle
story mission but I'm not able to access it. I think the text is saying something about having to do a quest first. Anyone else get stuck with this?

Cmagus

Trying to get into the
story mission but I'm not able to access it. I think the text is saying something about having to do a quest first. Anyone else get stuck with this?

If it's the area I think it is you need to have Julieta in your party or you can't enter the area. I got stuck there myself for the longest time.

Wanchan

Trying to get into the

I know there are some quest where Julietta is required, if you're still stuck, take a screenshot and i can tell you what it says.

Wanchan

It says you need a stronger tension power for the trial of the clan/tribe of light, you need to go to the quest office to take the quest that will take you to the shrine to increase your tension. So looks like you forgot to take a quest, take it and go to the 試練のほこら ("small shrine of trial"), it's left on the world map, just at the top of the desert area. it's part of the sub-scenario, it's weird that you're stuck there...

It says you need a stronger tension power for the trial of the clan/tribe of light, you need to go to the quest office to take the quest that will take you to the shrine to increase your tension. So looks like you forgot to take a quest, take it and go to the 試練のほこら ("small shrine of trial"), it's left on the world map, just at the top of the desert area. it's part of the sub-scenario, it's weird that you're stuck there...

That worked, thank you! :)

lupin23rd

Probably a dumb question, but is the DLC downloadable off the Japanese PSN store, or is it obtained from within the game? Didn't seem to see it on the store, but I may just have gone to the wrong place?

Parakeetman

Probably a dumb question, but is the DLC downloadable off the Japanese PSN store, or is it obtained from within the game? Didn't seem to see it on the store, but I may just have gone to the wrong place?

Just checked it does not seem to be on JPSN.

Ok ohp says its downloaded via update which is good. So folks without jpsn should be abke to get the dlc contents as updates are separate from regional psn stores

Cmagus

You're welcome!

I'm finally lvl 99 on my main team, i'm done with metal king farming and ready to fight Atlas while waiting for the Jessica/Yangus sub-story DLC with Psaro !

Where are you farming these? Is there a good spot for it because I have yet to find one and I've been looking in all the areas with no luck.

Wanchan

Where are you farming these? Is there a good spot for it because I have yet to find one and I've been looking in all the areas with no luck.

Last map of the game : エルサーゼの戦い 上級.

Clear mobs north/west (you do not need to kill the boss far north/west so don't go to far), tp (ルーラ) to the flower bed avenue (花壇通り), tp back to the start, clear mobs north/west, do this until the metal monsters spawn, rince & repeat.

Here's a video of how to farm there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rURUHccwigg

It's recommended to use Alena with 3 ちからのルビー (power ruby) equipped, use clone skill and spam her Square move (explosive fists) cause it hits many times so more chance to kill metal king.

I wanted to platinum the game but farming the small medals to buy the orbs/weapons from the medal merchant is a major pain in the ass...i'm only missing weapon/orb and accessories trophies...

Cmagus

Last map of the game : エルサーゼの戦い 上級.

Clear mobs north/west (you do not need to kill the boss far north/west so don't go to far), tp (ルーラ) to the flower bed avenue (花壇通り), tp back to the start, clear mobs north/west, do this until the metal monsters spawn, rince & repeat.

Here's a video of how to farm there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rURUHccwigg

It's recommended to use Alena with 3 ちからのルビー (power ruby) equipped, use clone skill and spam her Square move (explosive fists) cause it hits many times so more chance to kill metal king.

I wanted to platinum the game but farming the small medals to buy the orbs/weapons from the medal merchant is a major pain in the ass...i'm only missing weapon/orb and accessories trophies...

Thanks a bunch this will be helpful. I'm actually on this area now. I had a pattern going with the liquid metal slimes but the turn around with them is becoming slow.

I'll have to look into the Alena stuff I have her in my main party. I actually have the best weapon for Terry which has had a very high hit rate and crit hits often on the liquid metals.

crinale

"Do *** with critical strike" (either by passive skill or equipment) and "increase chance of critical strike" work like a charm. Somehow I felt like playing Diablo3.

entremet

How does this compare to Hyrule Warriors?

I wanna get into Musou and enjoy both of these IP, but I don't want to burn out by getting both.

How does this compare to Hyrule Warriors?

I wanna get into Musou and enjoy both of these IP, but I don't want to burn out by getting both.

In this you can control a party of up to 4 heroes and a few CPU controlled monsters.

The areas are smaller and the objectives are much faster.

Hyrule Warriors is much more like a DW game with a LoZ skin as where this is a hybrid ARPG/Musou.

Parakeetman

Malick[AI];155338696 said:
In this you can control a party of up to 4 heroes and a few CPU controlled monsters.

The areas are smaller and the objectives are much faster.

Hyrule Warriors is much more like a DW game with a LoZ skin as where this is a hybrid ARPG/Musou.

Actually its closer to TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll than a Musou game really. Not surprising too considering its done by the same team. With the added bit of tower defense lol.

Got a 500MB update upon booting the game this evening. Possibility that the DLC is now available? Also, there appears to be a special event again this weekend too! Not sure what it is exactly, though.

Wanchan

Got a 500MB update upon booting the game this evening. Possibility that the DLC is now available? Also, there appears to be a special event again this weekend too! Not sure what it is exactly, though.

Yeah, it's probably the Jessica/Yangus@Psaro DLC, not sure about it since i have NG+'d and have to do everything again :D (i'm already at the final boss tho).

Yeah, it's probably the Jessica/Yangus@Psaro DLC, not sure about it since i have NG+'d and have to do everything again :D (i'm already at the final boss tho).

Makes sense! They added a watermark onto captured screenshots and videos now too. It's in the bottom right corner - weird how they added it in a patch, I guess they just forgot to do it before.

I haven't touched this game a whole lot because I've been busy with school and other games, but I noticed there's been a couple updates, and I remember reading that there was gonna be some free DLC...what was the first? Because I haven't noticed anything new when I started playing. I knew Alena was supposed to get pants eventually, but I still don't have any additional costume for her.

Shengar

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO84212360Q5A310C1000000/

Some backstory regarding DQH development here.

- KT has been offering action game to SE for years (but SE was hesitating to go forward).
- Toukiden really changed SE's mind.
- KT was given 1.5 years for development.
- Horii thoroughly tested it for weekly basis.

..and more.
I'm glad that Toukiden helped KT to achieve something they want to be done for so long. DQH and HW shows what Omega Force capable off besides doing their mainline musou, and that capability is actually full of potential. I hope that their future crossover project aren't just using musou template though. Like, if they ever did a FE game, it will have the gameplay of Kessen.

Parakeetman

I'm glad that Toukiden helped KT to achieve something they want to be done for so long. DQH and HW shows what Omega Force capable off besides doing their mainline musou, and that capability is actually full of potential. I hope that their future crossover project aren't just using musou template though. Like, if they ever did a FE game, it will have the gameplay of Kessen.

uhh you do know that they have already been doing other titles that were not DW or SW related right? and thats before DH or HW

I haven't touched this game a whole lot because I've been busy with school and other games, but I noticed there's been a couple updates, and I remember reading that there was gonna be some free DLC...what was the first? Because I haven't noticed anything new when I started playing. I knew Alena was supposed to get pants eventually, but I still don't have any additional costume for her.

Check what Wanchan and Mao2 said above. :p They also patched in a few fixes.

Chairhome

Unfortunately I don't have the time to play this right now. I love the game but I'm going to just rebuy when it is localized. I'm selling my copy on the BST thread if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom