• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |Import OT| - Warriors worth a thousand slimes

johnsmith

remember me
Are those all the guest characters from other games? Missing some big names, mainly every hero and Torneko. And Clift seems like a weird choice. I can't think of a more forgettable and generic character.

Shouta

I looked through my browsing history, and I found the page for the game I had looked at before, but what's going on?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...界樹の城/cid=JP0082-CUSA01416_00-DQHMAIN000000000

It used to have a price listed on here, but it's blank, and I can't find it through normal searches on the site.

They took the DL version preorders down. It'll go back up on the 26th for everyone that didn't preorder ahead of time.

Apparently, Metal Slime PS4 guys get to start loading the game starting on the 25th, which means I should be able to get up tomorrow morning, start downloading it while at work and maybe come home to stream it.

Mista

Banned
So hyped for the game :( Now we pray it comes to the West and im sure it will sell better than Japan

They took the DL version preorders down. It'll go back up on the 26th for everyone that didn't preorder ahead of time.

Apparently, Metal Slime PS4 guys get to start loading the game starting on the 25th, which means I should be able to get up tomorrow morning, start downloading it while at work and maybe come home to stream it.

WHHHHYYYY. god the japanese PSN store is so fucking stupid sometimes. I swear it seems like the delist games and demos on there too.

What was the price going to be? That's why I wanted to see it again, because I'm not sure how much yen I'd need.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Are those all the guest characters from other games? Missing some big names, mainly every hero and Torneko. And Clift seems like a weird choice. I can't think of a more forgettable and generic character.

i think its more for the dialog between him and the princess.

my guess would be that other fan favorites will show up by means of paid or free dlc.

Nice OT!

Decided to jump on the import train last week, and hope to have my copy by early next week.

thanks!

Varshes

Totally getting this. Question for importers of Japanese PS4 games... Can you stream them on Twitch or ustream? I have a copy of Yakuza Ishin, and that won't let me stream on my NA account. Is streaming region blocked?

Parakeetman

Totally getting this. Question for importers of Japanese PS4 games... Can you stream them on Twitch or ustream? I have a copy of Yakuza Ishin, and that won't let me stream on my NA account. Is streaming region blocked?

not sure about region blocked, but ishin did have scenes blocked from recording.

this one might also possibly as more japanese devs seem to be using the feature. though we will not know for sure till folks have the game in hand who stream.

Faustek

Great work on the OT as always Para (*≧∀≦)人(≧∀≦*)♪
Will be truly interesting to watch the streams....or skip them since I just can't import it. I'm so damned sure it'll come west..and the temptation is real.
SE should have bundled this with the FFXIV Demo instead...nothing against Type-0 just my opinion and taste (^o^;).....and desperation for DQ in the west again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You couldn't stream Ishin until you completed it at least once iirc, but that was just Sega being Sega. You can stream games of any region.

Shouta

WHHHHYYYY. god the japanese PSN store is so fucking stupid sometimes. I swear it seems like the delist games and demos on there too.

What was the price going to be? That's why I wanted to see it again, because I'm not sure how much yen I'd need.

Should be a little less than 8000 yen overall, I think since it's 7800 yen MSRP.

Varshes

not sure about region blocked, but ishin did have scenes blocked from recording.

this one might also possibly as more japanese devs seem to be using the feature. though we will not know for sure till folks have the game in hand who stream.

Cool, I definitely want to stream it. :)

Shouta

I'm going to stream but probably through my own gear instead of the PS4 so I can use hitbox.tv or my own stream layout. Thank god I have a HDCP stripper in my splitter. =P

Cool, I definitely want to stream it. :)

I've noticed Japanese studio games seem to be real weird about streaming =/ One of the games I got with my PS4 was Akiba's Trip, and one really really lame thing it does when you stream is it turns off all voices in the game. Even I can't hear them while playing. I noticed they only came back when I stopped broadcasting.

Hell, now I'm wondering since this is an Omega Force game if it'll have the same crap as all their other games on PS4 have, where there is no audio coming out from streaming. I thought it was just a glitch at first, but Dynasty Warriors 8 XL still has it, and so did Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate when I tried watching some streams.

Parakeetman

Great work on the OT as always Para (*≧∀≦)人(≧∀≦*)♪
Will be truly interesting to watch the streams....or skip them since I just can't import it. I'm so damned sure it'll come west..and the temptation is real.
SE should have bundled this with the FFXIV Demo instead...nothing against Type-0 just my opinion and taste (^o^;).....and desperation for DQ in the west again.

thanks!

im pretty sure they bundled it with type zero in order to drive sales more where this woild sell just due to being dragon quest musou lol

Parakeetman

I'm going to stream but probably through my own gear instead of the PS4 so I can use hitbox.tv or my own stream layout. Thank god I have a HDCP stripper in my splitter. =P

yep was going to say the exact same thing, cept i just record stuff and never stream.

folks who do stream most def would be better off looking into how to get your own personal setup situated. less headaches with all the dumbshit restrictions that basically can make the built in functions useless. ┐(´д`)┌

Luigiv

Wow the difference between versions is too big to ignore, PS4 it is then D:

I really wouldn't go that far, that comparison is mostly just PR fluff. Boiled down to the facts it's 720p30 with a bit of extra pop in vs 1080p60. Assets and lighting also appear to be marginally better on PS4 but it's nothing you would notice unless you compared them side by side.

While the PS4 version is obviously better I don't know if that really constitutes "too big to ignore". I certainly wouldn't buy a whole new system over it, the PS3 build looks perfectly serviceable.

JordanN

Banned
I really wouldn't go that far, that comparison is mostly just PR fluff. Boiled down to the facts it's 720p30 with a bit of extra pop in vs 1080p30. Assets and lighting also appear to be marginally better on PS4 but it's nothing you would notice unless you compared them side by side.

While the PS4 version is obviously better I don't know if that really constitutes "too big to ignore". I certainly wouldn't buy a whole new system over it, the PS3 build looks perfectly serviceable.

PS4 version is 60fps.

Parakeetman

I hope you're right...the price I remember seeing on that preorder page before it was delisted was over 8000 yen I know though.

generally it should follow the same price as whats listed on the hp / the OP product info section

though one small issue is if that is tax included or not ( ; ゜Д゜)

generally it should follow the same price as whats listed on the hp / the OP product info section

If that's the price it ends up being, then that'd be great. I just purchased 8000 yen in codes from that Japan-codes site, and I already had 300 yen leftover in my account, so if it really ends up being 7800 yen, then I should have enough to cover it with 8300.

Where did the info on price in the OP come from if I may ask?

crinale

I counted the pixels of PS4 version from comparison footage (at the beginning everyone is standing still so image isn't hindered by compression) and PS4 version looked like it is rendered at 1080P (at least for the vertical resolution goes). Someone with more knowledge is welcomed to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Parakeetman

If that's the price it ends up being, then that'd be great. I just purchased 8000 yen in codes from that Japan-codes site, and I already had 300 yen leftover in my account, so if it really ends up being 7800 yen, then I should have enough to cover it with 8300.

the official homepage should be on the first page.

it even shows the price of download cards which is slightly higher.

in all of my OTs the product information is pulled directly from the OHPs for accuracy (*´ω`*)

http://www.dragonquest.jp/heroes/

Wanchan

I'm 99% sure i paid more than 8300yens, let me check if i can find info on this....

Yep price was (¥8,424)...
HwdVJjH.jpg

I'm 99% sure i paid more than 8300yens, let me check if i can find info on this....Yep price was (¥8,424)...

That's the price I remember seeing also...I'm hoping that was some special preorder price or something that came with those extra DLC stuff maybe? I would have gotten an addition 500 yen, but that site was sold out of it.

Edit: That also seems to be the price for that digital card listed on the official site. Wish I knew how to read japanese so I could understand if there's a difference lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

All (?) game prices on official sites don't have tax included, so you should double check that out before listing them in OTs. That 1.08 multiplier might lead to another PSN card being necessary. I really hate that they've started giving prices without tax again :/

Varshes

I've noticed Japanese studio games seem to be real weird about streaming =/ One of the games I got with my PS4 was Akiba's Trip, and one really really lame thing it does when you stream is it turns off all voices in the game. Even I can't hear them while playing. I noticed they only came back when I stopped broadcasting.

Hell, now I'm wondering since this is an Omega Force game if it'll have the same crap as all their other games on PS4 have, where there is no audio coming out from streaming. I thought it was just a glitch at first, but Dynasty Warriors 8 XL still has it, and so did Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate when I tried
watching some streams.

Really...huh, had no idea. Is it because of licensing issues or something like that?

Bebpo

Banned
What do you mean? The heroes are on the box and in all of the art. They all have iconic designs.

Well, I mean like they don't have personalities because they're supposed to be the "player". I've played DQ4/5/6/8/9 and I have no attachment to any of the characters besides Yangus and Torneko.

Otoh I have a huge attachment to the monsters and the music of DQ.

Parakeetman

I'm 99% sure i paid more than 8300yens, let me check if i can find info on this....

Yep price was (¥8,424)...
HwdVJjH.jpg

yeah its plus tax then. just looked at the main hp again and saw + 税 which means plus tax (ノ-_-)ノ~┻━┻

for digital sales personally its stupid that tax is not already factored in due to how digital funding works. though on the flip side that is exactly why they dont add it so people get stuck with more digital currency...

Really...huh, had no idea. Is it because of licensing issues or something like that?

most likely the most common being music. others is just so people dont have an easy way to record story only footage causing others to just watch instead of buy and play.

Well if it does end up costing 8424 yen total, then I will probably need a little extra.

Play-asia doesn't seem to have it listed, and the site I got my other codes from (japan-codes) seem to be sold out of 500 yen, does anyone know any other sites that have 500 yen (or lower) available?

Aeana

The PS4 lets you disable HDCP for games now, so you don't actually need that.

Get familiar ^_^ it's not too late. I'm not a big fan of mobile gaming, but I've been very happy with them putting out the Dragon Quest games on android/iOS lately. Avoid DQ8 on iOS, but from what I played of the others, they seem fine. DQ1 through 5 are all up there.

Shouta

Well, I mean like they don't have personalities because they're supposed to be the "player". I've played DQ4/5/6/8/9 and I have no attachment to any of the characters besides Yangus and Torneko.

Otoh I have a huge attachment to the monsters and the music of DQ.

4/6/8 have characters with personalities. 8 has it more pronounced because of the presentation jump but there were personalities for the other games especially in the DS versions. DQ5 has some too but not as varied.

The PS4 lets you disable HDCP for games now, so you don't actually need that.

Don't some games have the ability to HDCP up cutscenes if streamed? My splitter does it normally anyway so no big.

What day does this technically come out? I get confused because Japan is ahead of the US in time, and don't really know what time their PSN updates.

If I live in the US central time zone, approx what time/day would I want to look for this on PSN?

Shouta

It should become available for you to download on Weds morning at around 9am, I think? They're 17hours ahead of the west coast currently which means 15 ahead of you. So 12am Thursday is 9am Wednesday morning for us.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So tempted to buy this. Will probably do if I see it being sold at my local stores. It'll probably be cheaper if I get the hardcopy of the Asian Japanese version.

Insolitus

Banned
I usually don't care much about Musou or DQ but for some reason I really want to play this. I guess it's the lack of cartoony games on PS4.

It should become available for you to download on Weds morning at around 9am, I think? They're 17hours ahead of the west coast currently which means 15 ahead of you. So 12am Thursday is 9am Wednesday morning for us.

Nice, so if it's a midnight release for Japan, I could be playing this on wednesday?? sweet. I should do as much of my homework as I can tomorrow so I can have some fun on wednesday ^_^

Top Bottom