• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamcast is dead and buried

Angelcurio

SpoDaddy said:
Best versions of Capcom and SNK fighting games (played with a Saturn pad no less) for the win.
QFT

2009gw8.gif
2009gw8.gif
2009gw8.gif
2009gw8.gif
2009gw8.gif

neogaf1.gif

DCharlie

Banned
I was pissed when the Amiga eventually fell to the PC

fell to the PC?

you mean the MEGADRIVE!

AND NOW I SEE THROUGH YOUR HATE CAMPAIGN!!! THE HEATHEN MUST DIE!!!

don't ban me , i was a huge amiga whore as well!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If it wasn't for the DC and PSO, I would never have come to GA. And we all know how much of a tragedy that would have been for all parties.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Such devotion to a platform is ridiculous. It's a distribution method for entertainment, nothing more. If it isn't getting any new forms of entertainment then move on. It's that simple.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i recalibrated the laser on my dreamcast recently and have been playing under defeat and radilgy. DREAMCAST IS UNDEAD AND EXHUMED

AntoneM

sp0rsk
Been workin here since my momma was a baby.
(Today, 11:52 PM)
Reply | Quote

Originally Posted by bishoptl:
Get over it already

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU SO MUCH I WISH YOU NEVER WERE MY FATHER.

bishoptl am pedofile

Fusebox

Banned
The last game I played on my DC was Soldier of Fortune. I got all the way to the end and the game was bugged, no matter how much I shot/grenaded the last boss it wouldn't take any energy off him.

Dammit...

mollipen

SailorDaravon said:
PC, GC, and PS2 (JPN).

Okay, how about this: find me a console that I can play Mars Matrix will all of the content from the DC version on. No, really, please do, because that's one of the games I can't figure out how to replace if I get rid of my DC.

Jonnyram

shidoshi said:
Okay, how about this: find me a console that I can play Mars Matrix will all of the content from the DC version on. No, really, please do, because that's one of the games I can't figure out how to replace if I get rid of my DC.
DC emulation will surely happen somewhere down the line. I hope so anyway, because all our DCs will break someday.

Unison said:
Soul Calibur > Soul Calibur 2, 3.

QFT

This thread came out of left field, eh?
Dreamcast was a great machine with little to no support towards the end of it's life, and died a premature, dishonorable death. ; ;

I'll always remember the Soul Calibur sessions my friends and I had and all the other great games that came out during it's short life span. Long live Dreamcast! LOL...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I wasn't aware the Dreamcast was ever really alive to begin with.

(Granted, Code Veronica was kind of neat, but I didn't think anyone thought the Dreamcast stood a chance, even back when it was being sold at full price.)

DCharlie

Banned
DC emulation will surely happen somewhere down the line. I hope so anyway, because all our DCs will break someday.

that's why i took out insurance
by having some stupid number of dreamcasts lying around the house

mollipen

Wow... the first time my avatar was quoted as a response. I feel like I'm actually a part of this place now. *snff*

segasonic

Schafer said:
Such devotion to a platform is ridiculous. It's a distribution method for entertainment, nothing more. If it isn't getting any new forms of entertainment then move on. It's that simple.
yep, and a Ferrari is a means of transportation. It's like a bus, nothing more.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Schafer said:

Uh...you never had a dreamcast did you?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
segasonic said:
yep, and a Ferrari is a means of transportation. It's like a bus, nothing more.
No, a ferrari is more a status symbol than anything else.

Dreamcast was just a piece of shit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Black Brad Pitt said:
No, a ferrari is more a status symbol than anything else.

Dreamcast was just a piece of shit.

WHAT

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what about those controllers. Misery.

"b-b-b-ut the VMU was innovation"

why? so I could hatch my sonic egg character? I think that was the exact point that sonic became worthless.

however, Mars matrix was bad ass, my friend played that for 11 hours non stop one day, he wasn't right afterwards.

RSLAEV

I've had two dreamcasts and I ended up giving them both away because they just bored me. great system, but not enough good (really good!) games for my liking compared to other systems and my PC

DCharlie

Banned
guys,

we are like one year away from being at that point where people who hated the dreamcast can comfortably say

"oh, the Dreamcast? Actually it was a good machine"

please don't spoil that march!

It's the 7 year rule!

keanerie

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!

Just last night I was enjoying some 4-player Power Stone 2 action, and it was freaking awesome. Dreamcast lives on foreverrrrrrrrrr.

Top Bottom