• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter [Ended, $1.5 million funded]

gabbo

Geez, that was a bit convoluted, but I did it. Unfortunately, my Humble Store account lists the wrong pledge tier (two levels below what I actually pledged). I sent RTG an email via the contact form on their website to ask about it, but my pledge level is correct on Kickstarter and Backerkit though.

I knew using different emails for paypal and kickstarter would one day be a pain in the butt.
Glad that's all sorted out though

inm8num2

RTG posted a short update.

Hi all,

We have a super-super-quick update (in-between panicked play-throughs) for you, and that update is

DON'T PANIC

(in large friendly letters)

and we guess this is as much for US as it is for YOU! So, yeah, development team: do not panic. And also backers. No reason to panic.

We are still working to finalise the early access version for $75 backers and up — and also for press who need to write their reviews in the next couple of days. Sorry, press! The plan was to have that early access version up (and keys out) earlier today, but we encountered some small but potentially serious bugs, along with some bigger but easily fixable ones, and we're still at least 3-4 hours away from a new release candidate.

We apologise, but these things do happen. We don't want to send out a buggy version and give you guys a potentially negative experience...or a game-breaking one. We're going to keep at it until we have a version ready, and as soon as we do, early access backers will be getting their keys.

As for the rest of you: we're sending out keys as soon as possible — perhaps even tonight — and we should be a-okay for our launch tomorrow!

So fingers crossed, everyone, and we will keep you updated if anything changes.

Tired & overworked but super excited,

Team RTG

The keys will show up on our humble accounts like the forum badge did right?
I believe so, yes.

Edit: still no suggested titles for the OT. I was thinking using, character limit permitting:

Dreamfall Chapters |OT| EIGHT. BLOODY. YEARS. [Book 1: Reborn]

Dreamfall Chapters |OT| Epic Crowmance [Book 1: Reborn]

Dreamfall Chapters |OT| End of a Journey. [Book 1: Reborn]

Top Bottom