• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon is leaving Giant Bomb

YY4deNm.jpg

Just announced on the Bombcast. Last day is the third of March.

You will be missed Drew.
Amazing how that gif blew up on Twitter.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, that's rough. Best of luck to wherever you're going though, Drew!

I really hope Jeff finds a good replacement (or two), they're gonna 'need' some more front-end personalities pretty quick here.

Wensih

What a way to ruin a day!

I tuned into the bombast each week for Drew's unique albeit limited commentary. I wanted him to talk more not less!

Foofaraw

How are we going to uncomfortably ship Drew and Mary Kish now!

This really bums me out. He and Jason are my favorite on the Bombcast right now.

I'm excited for him to be moving on to whatever it is his weird sim loving heart desires.

JustinT

Neo Member
Giant Bomb won't be the same, he's one of the more unique personalities in that line of business. Always a joy to listen to. Good luck dude <3

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Damn and the west office already seemed understaffed, hope they'll be able to fill both positions before summer is over at least.

Good thing I was already in a pub when I heard this. I can bump up my liquor to a single malt :(

Drew, you were the missing link that allowed Giant Bomb to surpass Gamespot. In my mind, you've been part of *that* core crew of Jeff, Vinny, Brad and Ryan, for as long as they have as far as I'm concerned.

It was a pleasure to meet you at PAX West last September. I spent far too much travelling there from Glasgow but it was all worth it.

Best of luck in your new venture! I'm just gonna assume ahead of time it's with a major civil aviation firm and/or the Airforce... :p

killroy87

We're going to be getting so much Rorie

I mean, probably best to see the new hires before wondering that.

IMO, Giant Bomb has a spotless record for new hires so far. Patrick/Austin/Jason/Dan are all bangers.

This doesn't worry so much as it does sadden me.

The day Vinny leaves (we all know he's next) is the day I stop paying for my GB sub.

Vinny's announcement just feels like it's right around the corner at all times. Each E3 I fully expect the "Vinny is leaving us" line when they're wrapping up the last live show, last year it was Austin.

With Dan gone Drew became my second favorite bomber, don't listen to east stuff.

You should. That crew, especially with the way Dan plays off them, is becoming more and more interesting.

OG GB crew will certainly miss Drew though. Not that the remaining members won't continue to put out quality work but his quirk and style was unique.

Top Bottom