• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrForester's "How I Broke Photobucket"

Status
Not open for further replies.

the chris

alr1ghtstart said:
CHAOS!
mA5WH.png
I like this.

Kinyou

DrForester said:
Just so there's no confusion, that image was hosted a lot on old, archived GAF threads. So I'd prefer no images asking to get myself banned when someone find a quoted .gif of mine...
2v9dgfc.gif

UrbanRats

DrForester said:
Just so there's no confusion, that image was hosted a lot on old, archived GAF threads. So I'd prefer no images asking to get myself banned when someone find a quoted .gif of mine...
Yeah but we know that the mods know, and they know that we know, but others? Others don't know that we know, and their mods, they will not know, either.

amazing story, but its crazy to think that 1 img has so much impact on a site like photobucket.
You already had a paid account right?

So what are they complaining about :p
Bandwidth cost nothing for these companies.....

Rapstah

UrbanRats said:
Yeah but we know that the mods know, and they know that we know, but others? Others don't know that we know, and their mods, they will not know, either.
No one's actively using it in any threads now, all the E3 megathreads are archived and it's very unlikely that anyone will ever accidentally link to this picture instead of the .GIF. Worst case scenario there's a question or two in the stupid questions thread about what's going on.

I think this can only happen when you pay for Pro, right? Because free has a cap. You might as well pay $5 a month for unlimited bandwidth web hosting at this point. Thats what I'm thinking of doing to host my GIFs.

Paprikka

Do a gravestone with a NeoGAF symbol at the top, here lies DrForester's E3 gif, the dates from when you made it till last week, and some witty one-liner about making Photobucket cry uncle. I like the "ban me" text but this would probably work better in the long run. It would make more sense in terms of viewing it in past threads as well.

Sober

dschalter said:
what kind of people use a 15 MB image as a sig.
The real question is, why do forums not enforce sig sizes if they allow them? I have been to places where they are 15 scroll wheel clicks long. NEVER AGAIN.

Rapstah

Sober said:
The real question is, why do forums not enforce sig sizes if they allow them? I have been to places where they are 15 scroll wheel clicks long. NEVER AGAIN.
Common forum software actually has no way of checking how tall signatures are, according to administrators of other forums I've been on with signatures.

Rapstah said:
Common forum software actually has no way of checking how tall signatures are, according to administrators of other forums I've been on with signatures.

No sig pics and 500 character limit. Win.

Rapstah

zomgbbqftw said:
No sig pics and 500 character limit. Win.
500 line breaks then? There was also some forum where they couldn't actually turn off pictures in signatures if they were allowed in the user's posts, and just had to have an angry rule about it.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
alr1ghtstart said:
THIS THIS THIS X1000000k

OR how about asking people to donate to the Japanese earthquake and tsunami relief efforts or some other charity, ya know so you don't come across as a complete asshole for changing peoples sigs/profiles/sites. but yeah that wouldn't be as fun

edit: not to sound like Im against this

Irish

Previous said:
ya know so you don't come across as a complete asshole for changing peoples sigs/profiles/sites. but yeah that wouldn't be as fun

They should have rehosted the image if anything. Assholes.

KScorp

Keep the gif e3 2011 related, but change the topic to Microsoft Kinect, and how it was an absolutely amazing event.

KScorp

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
How does this help his bandwidth problem?

It doesn't have to be massive, does it? Even a single frame would do, and I'm just tossing out ideas anyway since I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hayvic said:
How about we use this opportunity to give some exposure to an indy game by some gaffer?
I'm pretty sure the Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World guys post here on occasion.

Orcastar

How about a banner saying something like:

My NeoGAF account just got approved.
So long plebs, I'm off to converse with
some intelligent people for a change.

Is it pretentious snobbery or thinly veiled sarcasm? You decide!
I'll get my coat.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Orcastar said:

I'll get my coat.

Sunset airplane picture with the GAF logo as the sun

2th

Banned
Orcastar said:

I'll get my coat.

this would quite possibly be the greatest thing in the history of GAF trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom