• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

Whoever's in charge of Driveclub-GAF (viveks?), if you could kindly jump on there every so often and share challenges out to everyone on that friends list, that'd be awesome as hell. Unless you need PS+ to do it. Be a great way to get hundreds of people in on challenges!

Just as a heads up to those who may be considering it, re-downloading/re-installing the game didn't fix the DLC issue on my system.

thus dlc issue has to be looked at closely
trouble is I feel that unless the problem is recognised as widespread, it will never be addressed.

I keep getting the same useless answers: restore licenses, activate as primary ps4, reboot, check regions (and you say delete reinstall doesnt help), NONE OF THIS WORKS.

SerTapTap

Okay so I'm not alone in having the DLC events but not the DLC cars to use in them? No known fix to this? Just my luck, I got a rare bug in LBP3 too. I guess I have plenty of main events to do first but still...

I'm looking to hop into a club or make one of my own for people just starting out and want to race together and do challenges and shit like that and race other clubs.

Name Udontneed2know26. Currently rank 17 I think.

Okay so I'm not alone in having the DLC events but not the DLC cars to use in them? No known fix to this? Just my luck, I got a rare bug in LBP3 too. I guess I have plenty of main events to do first but still...

So if you are like me, you can pick the "Ignition" tour, but any car selection that comes with that Ignition pack shows a shopping icon for it. So you can play part of Ignition if you pick a car (if displayed) that is part of the base selection.

Right?
Eg, I don't have the ability to race the Caterham.

However other individual DLC cars like the Renault or the M5 2013, I can use, in other events.

SerTapTap

Enjoy the game so far. FAce Offs are a brilliant idea. Though some seem brain-dead, this last one was an average speed of 30MPH...I was going 91 and I'm pretty bad at the game. How does it pick the face offs? I don't THINK they're friends...I don't recognize the names.

I'm liking the "behind windshield" view. More immersive than the "bumper cam" crap, you get the sweet "inside car" sound, but you can see a lot more of the road and less distracting fluff than cockpit view.

So if you are like me, you can pick the "Ignition" tour, but any car selection that comes with that Ignition pack shows a shopping icon for it. So you can play part of Ignition if you pick a car (if displayed) that is part of the base selection.

Right?
Eg, I don't have the ability to race the Caterham.

However other individual DLC cars like the Renault or the M5 2013, I can use..

Yes, I see the tour, can open it unlike the other DLC tours I don't own (no season pass), can't select the cars.

Yeah I'm having the same issue. I've pm'd rushy about it, hopefully he responds!

system11

How can we submit bug reports to Evolution?

It's only a small one, but if you mute someone you still have to see their mic icons appearing all over the race action. Solidly lit, usually.

SerTapTap

I have no idea how/when to operate gears manually (I drive automatic), am I degrading my own performance by not manually shifting?

How can we submit bug reports to Evolution?

It's only a small one, but if you mute someone you still have to see their mic icons appearing all over the race action. Solidly lit, usually.

They seem to reply on Twitter, just @driveclub I think. I hijacked someone';s convo reporting the DLC bug just now

lem0n

I downloaded the Ignition Pack from the Marketplace, says installed. I can't access the cars in the pack in game, though. Is this a common issue? I really want to drive the Lykan

Edit: I saw a few posts up that this is an issue. Oh well. Hope it gets resolved soon.

I have no idea how/when to operate gears manually (I drive automatic), am I degrading my own performance by not manually shifting?

Yes, manual changing gets you a better time, slightly *if* you don't screw it up.

Generally I try to do a track in Auto until I'm comfortable then go to manual to improve the time.

system11

Decided to stream some weather races to show friends.

Attempt 1: connection failed
Attempt 2: connection failed
Attempt 3: connection failed

Gave up. It's hard to show this game off to people when the connection problems are still so frequent. Each time it died at the part where it tried to retrieve club info on the lobby participants.

SerTapTap

I do not understand drifting at all. Are there good tracks/cars to practice this with? Do I need to TAP (once or repeatedly?) or HOLD breaks? I tried a drift event and I got some score but spun out as often as not.

Man online is crazy and fun as fuck. Level 19 going up against 50s but still able to hang with them and get close to victory a few times. Those F1 races are INSANE

Circle is the handbrake button to use for drifting

First win!!!!!! YEAH. Won by 4 seconds too lol

Holy shit just won another one. That one with 11 people. So much fun

viveks86

Whoever's in charge of Driveclub-GAF (viveks?), if you could kindly jump on there every so often and share challenges out to everyone on that friends list, that'd be awesome as hell. Unless you need PS+ to do it. Be a great way to get hundreds of people in on challenges!

Good idea. Will do. Already tried it once and it didn't require PS+

I just booted up the game for the first time in month and I'm still in my club (NWO Gaf) from around launch. Nice!

I'll be contributing quite a bit more soon. Apologies for being dead weight for so long.

Haven't raced in a few weeks and now I stink. Weather makes it harder but it's still so much fun. Though one thing I don't like is after one of the updates, there's now a severe speed reduction when you touch a wall, rail, or even the curbs inside the tunnels. It's now really hard to race a bunch of people in some of these tight spaces without touching a wall or rail. You end up artifically slowing down by like 20mph and the other racers just blow by you.

It's like going from Wipeout XL to the first Wipeout. Would be great if you could just scrape against the walls and lose some speed, but lose more if you hit it harder. The car even seems to stick to the rail for a moment, causing you to slow down even more (and reminding me again of the first Wipeout).

Otherwise, I'm loving the game!

I do not understand drifting at all. Are there good tracks/cars to practice this with? Do I need to TAP (once or repeatedly?) or HOLD breaks? I tried a drift event and I got some score but spun out as often as not.

The drift score is angle and length of drift.
It is actually unfair because to get an obscene drift score just requires you not to hit the walls, so you can loop it prior to the end of drift marker, and then leisurely drive off.

With any bit of steering input other than straight ahead, just hold down the handbrake and the car will rotate. You can keep on the throttle while you do this.
Picking the point to start the rotation, staying on the road, and changing down to keep the engine from bogging down is then all that matters to get the longest drift and the most angle, which translates to the most points.

However to beat leaderboard drift scores you have to abuse the scoring system and luck starts to play a bigger part.

IKizzLE

There is no rubberbanding per-se, BUT, Evolution have noted that the AI cars are using drafting to their maximum ability - i.e. they draft perfectly and always get a speed boost from it. They are looking into addressing this.

That's a lie.
I literally tested this out right now.

Time trial with the maserati gran turismo.
Ran a 2:25 and got first
Then ran a 2:16 got first

Both times the AI was 1 second behind me.
Did my trick once again where I would be in dead last and then run perfectly and I flew right by them and then I was in first running perfectly and they were right behind me.

Edit: I guess someone mentioned that this was intentional and Rushy confirmed.
Blah.

That's a lie.
I literally tested this out right now..

I think the defence is the AI does not cheat.

It drives to a set limit, and no faster. To find out what that limit is you have to drive in 1st place. Otherwise, they tend to drive at your pace and close to you.

So it is rubber in one direction only.

I've had an issue since the start with the AI all driving as a pack. As the race goes on they should string out with the best drivers gaining constantly on the worst. But they don't, and that doesn't change whether you drive at the front or at the back.

J3ffro

Enjoy the game so far. FAce Offs are a brilliant idea. Though some seem brain-dead, this last one was an average speed of 30MPH...I was going 91 and I'm pretty bad at the game. How does it pick the face offs? I don't THINK they're friends...I don't recognize the names.

I'm liking the "behind windshield" view. More immersive than the "bumper cam" crap, you get the sweet "inside car" sound, but you can see a lot more of the road and less distracting fluff than cockpit view.

Yes, I see the tour, can open it unlike the other DLC tours I don't own (no season pass), can't select the cars.

Add one more to the list of people who can't access the Ignition pack. Restarts, restore licenses, deactivate/active as primary - nothing has worked. Great.

Sorry le-seb I beat your score by a hair :p

You've still got time

iKAiiTkf0H3Hh.jpg

Vaga

Decided to stream some weather races to show friends.

Attempt 1: connection failed
Attempt 2: connection failed
Attempt 3: connection failed

Gave up. It's hard to show this game off to people when the connection problems are still so frequent. Each time it died at the part where it tried to retrieve club info on the lobby participants.

As far as I know you can't stream online races dunno why but it doesn't work and you'll get kicked out. You can trick the game by starting the broadcast after the lobby is set but after the race is over and the next one starts you'll get booted.

Online is almost flawless for me for a long while now (8/10 races without problems) but streaming is borked.

I've sent Rushy a tweet about this.

edit: got a response sofast.gif

izKe1s9TEOCOX.png

Nyx

@viveks86

Do you know anything about when replay mode is coming? I really would love to see some of my races/hot laps from different angles. :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Has the Season Pass been removed from the store? Can't seem to find it on the web version.

Also, here's my PSN id (Quote to reveal) Please make sure you leave a message saying your Gaf name. Cheers.

*edit*
Nevermind, I see the Season Pass on the console under Driveclubs 'Related Items'.

SerTapTap

Add one more to the list of people who can't access the Ignition pack. Restarts, restore licenses, deactivate/active as primary - nothing has worked. Great.

None of that works, it's totally the game not the console.

The drift score is angle and length of drift.

Doesn't sound too complicated. I'll try it on one of the tracks with nice wide turns. Don't think I'll be winning any drifting face-offs yet though.

SerTapTap

For some reason all drift face-offs I get during races require like 200 points in total, only those that are star objectives are hard to beat.

The ones from other players are sometimes from extremely bad players. Like I said earlier one was a 30MPH average speed faceoff.

.J.

Banned
I'm looking to hop into a club or make one of my own for people just starting out and want to race together and do challenges and shit like that and race other clubs.

Name Udontneed2know26. Currently rank 17 I think.

If you make one, I'll definitely join it. Feel free to add me: Tralfamadore64

Is anyone having trouble getting the Ignition DLC cars to unlock? I see the DLC marked as installed, but for whatever reason I get this when I try to use any of the cars in that DLC (the others like the M5 work just fine):

fwhwcx.JPG

SerTapTap

Is anyone having trouble getting the Ignition DLC cars to unlock? I see the DLC marked as installed, but for whatever I get this when I try to use any of the cars in that DLC (the others like the M5 work just fine):

Yeah I get that bug. If you can tweet @Driveclub or something so they know it's their bug. They've been telling people it's an issue with licenses/rebuild database/blah blah and none of that works, I'm 99% sure it's an issue with the game.

hitgirl

Is there a Youtube series or something that will help me not suck at this game? I run into like every car I attempt to pass.

T.O.P

Banned
Ehm guys, help please?

Just installed and got the update, but i can't increase the size of the screen, the game doesn't fill my tv screan at all, and i can't find anything in the settings :(

SerTapTap

Is there a Youtube series or something that will help me not suck at this game? I run into like every car I attempt to pass.

Most of it is experience, hard to teach via video. Just do the basic events they're pretty easy (even I could beat most of them first try!), though I hit a brick wall with the Rookie tournament (6th place woo), try Time Trials to get a feel for the cars/tracks. The AI's pretty predictable, so you can usually get around them at certain points, like taking a turn a bit wider/sharper than they are as you're gaining on them. They "konga line" pretty extremely.

Don't play in the rain to start with BTW. It is very pretty and good god it's hard to control.

Ehm guys, help please?

Just installed and got the update, but i can't increase the size of the screen, the game doesn't fill my tv screan at all, and i can't find anything in the settings :(

There's an OS-wide overscan compensation in Settings > Display on the PS4 OS. Ideally, set it to maximum and set your TV to not overscan the image

Top Bottom