• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Stanng243

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be a track with a flock of flamingos? Can anyone tell me which one that is? Thank you. I am bad at this game. I mean really bad. The game is great, but I cannot overstate how bad at it I am.

Skii

So, has anyone noticed that there is a new Ferrari in Driveclub in the Hyper class named "Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione"? I don't remember that being in the patch notes. It's also locked for online play for some reason...

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be a track with a flock of flamingos? Can anyone tell me which one that is? Thank you. I am bad at this game. I mean really bad. The game is great, but I cannot overstate how bad at it I am.

Keep practicing :) If you don't know the basics you can look up tips online, it's important to understand the fundamentals of things like braking and how to properly take a turn

F-Pina

This is just nitpicking as I really like this game but...
... there are people out there in the rain who don't care and just continue to cheer on. Talk about dedication!

You are not alone. Im jsut reach tour with super cars and its above my current skill level

DO not worry , once you hit that wall, just go back to the earlier races and get better at them .. you'll gain Real experience with the game by the time you reach those tour again . repeat everytime you hit a wall.

IKizzLE

Ok, after testing it out, this game 100% has rubberband AI.
It's not the typical rubberband AI where cars go beyond their limits to catch up with you but its a type of rubberband AI that adjusts their skill level on the fly.

If you are back in the pack, they are prone to mistakes and will just straight up drive slower.
If you are ahead and beasting them, the two to three cars directly behind you will run absolutely flawlessly. Rinse and repeat the cycle.

Kind of wish game developers would just have consistent smart AI without this nonsense. Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition still has the best AI today(how they f'd up MC LA is beyond me) in that its challenging yet completely consistent and fair.

benzy

Eurogamer gave The Crew an 8 just now. Same reviewer who awarded SoullessClub with a 6. Well, I don't know but I guess I'm officially over games journalism now when it comes to purchase decisions. This is just utter madness.

Man, you can't even play offline in that game...

Eurogamer gave The Crew an 8 just now. Same reviewer who awarded SoullessClub with a 6. Well, I don't know but I guess I'm officially over games journalism now when it comes to purchase decisions. This is just utter madness.

tumblr_mftw6sbxUv1r061hio2_500.jpg

I used to like Eurogamer but the DriveClub review then this tells me they either have a completely different taste in driving games (a bad one) or there's summat dodgy going on - I just cannot figure how that godawful looking, bag of shite game got an 8 despite the many flaws mentioned in the review. I played 30 mins of the 2nd beta then deleted it & went back to playing DC.

I used to think the complaints about games journalism was overstated but my opinion has changed drastically.

FireSol

DO not worry , once you hit that wall, just go back to the earlier races and get better at them .. you'll gain Real experience with the game by the time you reach those tour again . repeat everytime you hit a wall.

Thanks, this is actually great idea, already tested it, my skill is better than time when I bought the game, but then I stuck because I've tryed to beat my friends time on 1 track lol

Yeah i stopped reading reviews a long tie ago. I can't trust the opinion of someone who is likely playing a game begrudgingly instead of someone who at least had a spark of interest in the product to begin with. There's a fine line between being a critic and just being outright dismissive. And I feel like that line is crossed way too often in this medium.

Would anyone like to jump online for some dynamic weather races? Just tried a few. People were surprisingly respectful of each other, though sometimes you can't avoid a pileup around a slippery corner.

My PSN ID is xenorevlis

Soooo

Whats the best way to grind to Level 50 :S

I'm at 45 right now.

There is a super grindy way to do it and I did it to speed up getting the last level 40 car when on level 38 and was being impatient.

Pick time trial and chose a circuit and a car that is fast that you can easily get into a drift and you haven't really used. Basically go fast and drift as much as you can, you can pull in around 1000 to 2000 points per corner and 8,000 to 20,000 per lap. Add onto that accolades and you will rank up around every 8 to 10 laps.

Cudder

What's everyone favourite car to use? Not necessarily the best, but favourite?

I haven't tried all of the cars yet but I love the R8. I can handle it way better than I can other cars for some reason.

lem0n

Hi everyone! Got a PS4 and Driveclub today! So far, so great! I get a huge PGR vibe, which is awesome. I need some PSN friends to compare times with, or maybe even race!

Cheers!

PSN: RWB993

le-seb

Still curious to know how many people play(ed) the game, I've noticed I had no time recorded in the leader boards for the very first Tour event.
So, I've launched the event again, and let the car unattended for a good while before completing the race in just above 20 minutes, which put me in a whopping 427,802th position (but I've got that 3rd star - corner challenge - I had missed initially, so that was somewhat useful).

I wonder how many people have played this event without leaving a trace in the leader boards, like me, probably because of the server issues at launch.
Given my actual position in the charts and the fact we know the game has sold very well in Europe (#1 for November on the PS Store), I would guesstimate that the game has probably sold well over 1 million copies.

Auctopus

What's everyone favourite car to use? Not necessarily the best, but favourite?

I haven't tried all of the cars yet but I love the R8. I can handle it way better than I can other cars for some reason.

BMW M4
Audi RS5
Ferrarri 212
McClaren P1 & M12 (that doesn't sound right? Someone correct me)

Also, I was driving to work today thinking how boring the rain looked.

krioto

It's not the typical rubberband AI where cars go beyond their limits to catch up with you but its a type of rubberband AI that adjusts their skill level on the fly.

If you are back in the pack, they are prone to mistakes and will just straight up drive slower.
If you are ahead and beasting them, the two to three cars directly behind you will run absolutely flawlessly. Rinse and repeat the cycle.

Kind of wish game developers would just have consistent smart AI without this nonsense. Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition still has the best AI today(how they f'd up MC LA is beyond me) in that its challenging yet completely consistent and fair.

There is no rubberbanding per-se, BUT, Evolution have noted that the AI cars are using drafting to their maximum ability - i.e. they draft perfectly and always get a speed boost from it. They are looking into addressing this.

system11

Ok, online weather is as fun as I hoped.

It's like few people have ever driven in a game that contained rain before, so much spinning and crashing and .... not being in my way anymore.

farmerboy

Since the weather patch it's been great to see the game get a lot more attention and love.

Well done Evo, it's a great game and it looks unbelievable. Cant wait till online is 100% sorted, because then it will be just about perfect.

le-seb

EDIT: also, I get game crashes since the last update, Error CE-34878-0, and my update history's still stuck at 1.04.
Hmm, not sure it's the same error, but I've got the game crashing on me twice tonight, for the first time since launch.
in my case, it seemed related to browsing some challenges' leader boards.

Shaneus

That was confirmed by Rushy that the AI will be really bad if you're a fair bit behind and as you get closer they get better. I don't mind it as I never really notice them being complete shit (and I still see them screw up when I'm in the top 2-3 cars).

I used to like Eurogamer but the DriveClub review then this tells me they either have a completely different taste in driving games (a bad one) or there's summat dodgy going on - I just cannot figure how that godawful looking, bag of shite game got an 8 despite the many flaws mentioned in the review. I played 30 mins of the 2nd beta then deleted it & went back to playing DC.

I used to think the complaints about games journalism was overstated but my opinion has changed drastically.
Yup, I mentioned that in The Club thread. Didn't know it was the same guy reviewing it though, but I pointed out the irony in posting that DC was "a clotheshorse for content".

I commented on the initial DC review and the editor said their usual driving guy (the one who actually likes driving games like DC and PGR) was on break. Wonder what their excuse is this time? Clearly that dude is completely clueless re: good mechanics in a driving game.

system11

And they need to fix this connection problem.... Still.

Actually - here's my braindump list of things I'd like to see changed.

1) Public lobbies with player selected car classes, maps, weather etc.
2) I want more feedback about when I'm burning the back wheels up - there's little in the way of an audio cue for this when you're about to lose the back end while not cornering, especially in rain. I realise this is not realistic but it gives a better player experience.
3) Netcode still unreliable.

MMaRsu

Banned

The fuck? Im not even going to dignify their review with a click, I don't even want to read the madness.

My little cousin also bought The Crew. He said it was an awesome game :/.

If this game is soulless than The Crew is a husk.

Online racing with weather? Anyone wanna party up? Going online now :D

krioto

Challenges just give this game a whole new dimension - I'm addicted all over again.

I added driveclub GAF last night, so will be pumping out challenges to all soon!

Top Bottom