• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

Did they wipe the servers? I'm back to level 1.

Or is it tied to save files (I changed my harddrive)?

Edit: nm it's tied to local saves. Downloaded from the cloud and all is fine.

Sun comes out from the clouds.

UmTHIFQ.gif

I haven't shown my wife Driveclub yet since I've been waiting for the weather patch. Does anyone have a recommendation on what the best combination of track, time of day, time compression, cloud cover, and precipitation to show off the great visuals?

I haven't shown my wife Driveclub yet since I've been waiting for the weather patch. Does anyone have a recommendation on what the best combination of track, time of day, time compression, cloud cover, and precipitation to show off the great visuals?

Make sure you prepare candles for the special occasion, she's a lucky woman.

Nyx

The Kyle in Scotland, 17:00 o'clock, x60 time, dynamic weather.

Thank me later.

the game looks amazing but i'm hesitant to buy it cause i'm not sure how the driving feels.

Just wait for the PS+ version if you're hesitant.

Ironically, I can't even buy the game digitally right now even if i wanted to as I downloaded the Plus version before it got taken down, and that prevents me from actually redeeming the Plus upgrade to Full.

apmusson

Neo Member
This patch adds weather but not only as a graphical update, it also add dynamic gameplay to each track with the changing weather requiring you need to react appropriately.

quetz67

Banned
I have to ask again:

Where do they get that extra CPU/GPU power from and why don't they use it for something impressive (fog, particles, fire, smoke whatever) on standard weather situations?

Lol that sounds like a recipe for disaster

Did a challenge with some friends and it was quite comical!

People seem to either love or hate the Atom in this game, definitely one of the more challenging vehicles, even without rain.

I have to ask again:

Where do they get that extra CPU/GPU power from and why don't they use it for something impressive (fog, particles, fire, smoke whatever) on standard weather situations?

I would love to know what kind of unlocked framerate we're looking at with this game to properly judge the impact of the weather patch. My guess is that the game could hit 50-60fps with one car on track at times.

Also this isn't Mario Kart, they can't just throw random additional stuff in the mix during certain situations. I think they managed to hit their vision for those scenarios and that's it. Game looks very consistent now.

Mabufu

Banned
I have to ask again:

I'm wondering this too.

Also I cant understand how Evo pulled this off without a single fps drop.
Sure they have some amazing developers there.

GT3 had rain ( well wet tarmac) back in the day for one of the night tracks. But they had to reduce the car to get it running without any issues. DC didn't change anything. There's still 12 cars on screen and it runs without a stutter or a frame drop. Amazing work.

Vaga

I'm starting to think it's some sort of wizardry involved.

The sort of wizardry I thought only Naughty Dog can pull.

I wonder if DF will do a new feature on the game now... Probably will.

And now people should understand why this game can't be 60fps.
I am sure they tried during development though. And that pays off now with this rock solid performance.

Bebpo

Banned
Real shame that the game wasn't delayed until now so the main tour could have weather. I mean it's cool that the additional shorter tours will, but not getting to experience weather on the main sp mode is kind of a bummer. Wish you could switch it on as an option.

Just out of curiosity, I thought it might be fun to go back and look at the rain effects in one of the better looking racers of last gen - Gran Turismo 6.

Just an aside, this is not meant to slam another developer or game or anything of the sort. Just a little reminder of last gen versus the current one and how DC is a pretty good example of that generational leap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drwSpimqnA

If anyone feels this is an unfair comparison or a bad example, feel free to post one of your own.

Top Bottom