• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS4's Blue Light probably just saved my little nephews life. (Mine too)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm glad the light is good for something. I can't stand it.

KOHIPEET

Great story and good to hear it's got a happy ending.

Someone definitely needs to shop a superman emblem with DS int it.

KOHIPEET

Very quick, and very dirty.

ju5lWD6.png

Zoggy

glad no one so far has said "why did you leave the door open idiot? he could have died because of you"

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
In next weeks news .... "PS4 solves 3rd World poverty", "Vita shows why it means life by curing Cancer" and "Giant stack of Xboxes collapse causing an Earthquake measuring 9.4 on the Richter scale. US eastern seaboard under water. Millions dead"

Edit: Glad the babby is OK.

newsguy

This story reads like a plot from Final Destination. Entrance blocked, Garage open to let out deadly fumes, baby climbing stairs, cat enters garage, child in street. Just remember, you can't escape death...

Some people are wondering why he was "alone" at that time of night and why he was even awake to begin with. For one, this was truly an anomaly aka "the perfect" storm.

Usually my nephews nap a lot during the day because my mom watches them and it makes her day life a little less hectic when the little ninjas are asleep, giving her the time to clean, cook, etc. As for supervision and safety, all of our drawers and cabinets have little stoppers that make opening them a pain to adults and impossible to children. All of our potentially kid-dangerous rooms have doors that have circle style knobs which, combined with the height of the knob, make it very hard for a child of that age to open as opposed to the kind with an arm which you can just pull down to open. Normally there would be no threat of him walking around the house and getting into any danger. I happened to leave the door ajar, his dad was working in the garage, and my sister was editing some photos in the home office we have set up. He usually just runs around the house playing with various toys drinking his sippy cup until he drains his energy and is ready for bed. Unfortunately I left the door open a crack... And if you know children at all, you know how quickly they can bolt out of sight, which was the case last night. I thank God that he's Ok, and admit I messed up, but people out there saying "oh my son was always in bed by 7, how irresponsible" and "where were other adults?!" need to realize that sometimes conditions come together perfectly for something like this to happen. It happened last night, but thankfully any true crisis was averted and a lesson was learned. A happy ending after all.

CREMSteve

Wow, amazing and scary story. With three kids, I know full well the dangers that those little tykes can get into.

Truly fortunate turn of events to have it play out the way it did.

Soi-Fong

Good thing your PS4 was on and all that. Glad to hear your nephew is safe. As for the DS4, it'd be good to really take care of it and treat it as a good luck charm.

Greyvvolf

I'm glad nothing happened to your Nephew. I have a two year old and I let him walk around our yard and I am always surprised how far he can get when I walk with him.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Just think if it was a xbox one controller he wouldnt have been found as quickly *wink wink*

anyhow glad to hear everything worked out and your nephew was A-OK no problems.

Playstation 4: It only saves babies

Edit: What happened to the it only does everything campaign anyway?

it doesn't do online check-in, so *technically* not everything.

besides, greatness awaits.

on-topic, i thought the ds4 did some unexpectedly crazy impossible thing like some incredible feat from mcguyver.

Neiteio

I dunno, OP, the light might've helped you find your nephew, but its blinding glare probably also caught the attention of alien forces on the other side of the galaxy, and now they're coming here to wage war. :-\

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
If one is using DS4 with the PC via DS4TOOL, the color of the light can be configured.

Red is my favorite color.

DS4 is like Batman with the Bat signal already attached

I still find the DS4 to be suspicious... Can't trust vigilantes to do the Police's job

sono

Reading that was stressful for me dude, cant imagine how it felt for you.

Thank goodness all is well.

Top Bottom