• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS4's Blue Light probably just saved my little nephews life. (Mine too)

Hanmik

paddyrxsts.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
MS will moneyhat it and put it behind the paywall. Valve will introduce it in steam for free and upgrade it to include saving old people. Sony will eventually get it back at a later point. Nintendo will realize that saving people's lives may in fact be a good thing in 3 - 5 years but not act on it.

LOL!!

Sony beats Nintendo to QOL technologies

Really great news that this worked out, but aren't you the guy who left your PSN account logged in and whose nephew bought Tomb Raider for you? What's up at your house, mang

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Weren't you just complaining about how your nephew made some purchases on your PS4 because no one was watching him?

You should probably keep a better eye on the precocious little guy.

DonMigs85

Is this the same nephew who drowned the Vita? He sure is a mischievous little fellow, you might need to put him in a pen.

Artorias

Banned
In all seriousness, a toddler cannot babysit himself, whether he's locked in a house or not. I don't mean to be rude, but the part of the story that really strikes me is it sounds like nobody was even supposed to be watching him.

Is this the same nephew who drowned the Vita? He sure is a mischievous little fellow, you might need to put him in a pen.

I'm starting to wonder if this is an elaborate multithread tag fishing exercise

Regardless, dude, Walmart sells door knob locksets for like $20. Keep that kid out of your damned room.

dzelly

That's a truly scary situation. I remember my son getting away from us at an enormous park full of hundreds of kids and a jungle gym. It's the worst feeling you'll ever have in your life. Thank god, he ended up coming down a slide right in front of me while I was yelling for him.

Glad the kid is safe and thank god for the DS4

My mom watches my nephews each morning and often puts them to sleep in different rooms so that when one wakes up, the other can still sleep a bit more. The Vita nephew is nephew A, and the DS4 and TR nephew is nephew B. They're both little handfuls because they're only weeks apart, so they're basically teaching each other how to be doubly mischievous as their tiny brains develop.

Tik-Tok

From all the posts you keep posting about your nephews, it sounds like they spend a startling amount of time unsupervised.

Sakujou

Banned

the real quote is keikaku doori (計画通り). because of some lame ass -i dont translate in a good way- people say this bullshit.

say it in english or fully in japanese...?

you are lately posting a lot about the playstation....

So... Was it "God" who saved the child or DS4? Maybe "God" worked his magic through some hardware developer so that he would put that light in there?

Explain. (ಠ_ಠ)

PS. child negligence

Are you really trying to start a religious/philosophical debate right now? Can't you go do that on 4chan or something?

maneil99

So... Was it "God" who saved the child or DS4? Maybe "God" worked his magic through some hardware developer so that he would put that light in there?

Explain. (ಠ_ಠ)

PS. child negligence
Go back to fucking reddit r/athiesm, this shit is sickening. Fuck that shit.

suikodan

In all seriousness, a toddler cannot babysit himself, whether he's locked in a house or not. I don't mean to be rude, but the part of the story that really strikes me is it sounds like nobody was even supposed to be watching him.

Wow, this exactly and since it's the same nephew that bought a game on the same PS4, I guess you need to upgrade the way you handle kids.

I have a nephew and a niece that used to play Burnout Paradise on PS3. My CC is linked to my PSN account so it's easy to buy something but each time they started playing, I would insist that they don't buy anything.

Call me paranoid or responsible or an uncle to good nephew and niece but they never bought anything.

MS will moneyhat it and put it behind the paywall. Valve will introduce it in steam for free and upgrade it to include saving old people. Sony will eventually get it back at a later point. Nintendo will realize that saving people's lives may in fact be a good thing in 3 - 5 years but not act on it.

This made me chuckle.

It cannot be said enough:

Between this and allowing him to purchase games on your PS4 unsupervised, someone needs to contact Social Services. I am not even the slightest bit surprised that you are stupid enough to post these stories on the internet.

Baconbitz

Banned
My mom watches my nephews each morning and often puts them to sleep in different rooms so that when one wakes up, the other can still sleep a bit more. The Vita nephew is nephew A, and the DS4 and TR nephew is nephew B. They're both little handfuls because they're only weeks apart, so they're basically teaching each other how to be doubly mischievous as their tiny brains develop.
CHILDPROOF, dude!

Dunlop

619100111_tp.jpg

With the repeated stories, these should be on every doorknob to doors that would let them go where they are not supposed to

Cost next to nothing

Nymphae

Banned
I still want the option to turn the thing off, I don't have any idiot nephews to worry about, just the glare on my screen.

CHC

This is why we need corded controllers again, keep that kid tethered. Telling you, all this wireless shit is a hazard.

As much as I hate that light I'm really glad that some good came of it.

On a side note your nephew seems to get into a lot of PlayStation related hijinks.

Future Polygon editor?

Nymphae

Banned
How close do you sit to the screen?

About 5-6 feet away. TV sits a couple feet off the floor, bottom of the screen is about level with my knees when I'm sitting. If my hands are resting in my lap as I play which they usually are, the glare is always visible at the bottom of my screen. I've had to rig boxes up for the time being to raise my TV 6 inches or so off it's stand, which is not ideal. A simple option in the OS to turn it off is all I'm asking, i'd love to know why they seem dead set against that.

About 5-6 feet away. TV sits a couple feet off the floor, bottom of the screen is about level with my knees when I'm sitting. If my hands are resting in my lap as I play which they usually are, the glare is always visible at the bottom of my screen. I've had to rig boxes up for the time being to raise my TV 6 inches or so off it's stand, which is not ideal. A simple option in the OS to turn it off is all I'm asking, i'd love to know why they seem dead set against that.

Take it apart and unplug the light.

rjinaz

Explain. (ಠ_ಠ)

PS. child negligence

Not sure if you were being serious or not, but it's just a figure of speech. People that don't even believe in a god commonly use it. But even if he did believe it was God that save the kid, then that's ok too.

I agree with you though that the OP is having way too many incidents with his nephew and needs to make some changes asap whether it is child-proofing the house, his room, or having people watch the kid at all times.

thelastword

Banned
Man Khalifa, I was hoping all this time (reading your post) that the little guy was ok. My son is 1 yr 4 months and he is very active just like your nephew, happy that all ended well, you can't be too careful when it comes to them man.

prag16

Banned
Weren't you just complaining about how your nephew made some purchases on your PS4 because no one was watching him?

You should probably keep a better eye on the precocious little guy.

Yeah... Something tells me this TC probably shouldn't be responsible for small children at this point in his life... incredibly lucky nothing bad came of this. Incredibly lucky. I have a 22 month old son and this type of story makes me crazy. He's big enough and strong enough now to reach the front door handle and open it on his own (if it's not locked). Needless to say it's never unlocked... Not sure what I'll do once he grows another 3 inches and can reach the lock too, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Top Bottom