• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remasted Announced (Capcom/Wayforward, $15, XBLA/PS3/WiiU/PC)

You are always an inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6d1A2row6I

Life is like a Firestorm
...Here in Dark Souls
Backstabs, ripostes, invaders
It's a death blur
Might praise the sun
Demon defeated!

DARK SOULS
WOO-OO!
Everyday they're out there lurking
DARK SOULS
WOO OO!

Tales of Boletaria
Blue and Red Phantoms Dark Souls
WOO OO!

D-D-D-anger watch invaders!
There's a stranger out to find you
What to do just summon someone
DARK SOULS
WOO OO!

Everyday they're out there ganking
DARK SOULS
WOO OO!

Tales of Boletaria
Blue and Red Phantoms Dark Souls
WOO OO!

Not Dragon Tails or Titanites, no
Dark Souls
WOO OO!
Wow. Just wow lol

Eusis

Right in the middle of the golden era in cartoons. Now we get not so good cartoons.

I will buy this.
Some of these newer cartoons actually look to be pretty good, or at least I can respect them for what they are. Nostalgia would always make me fonder of the likes of this, Tiny Toons, and older Nicktoons, but I liked what I saw of Adventure Time, Gravity Falls interests me, and I can recognize the following the new My Little Ponies gathered.
actually there have been some fantastic cartoons over the last few years.

they all died this year :(
And at least two of those i listed seem set to keep on living, so it's still reasonably good. Just dunno about MLP, but it sounds like it's successful enough (and the older audience seems eager enough to buy merchandise where they make the most money) so I assume it's continuing.

graywords

It would probably have been entirely Capcom's initiative, since I doubt that Disney has any plans to revive the franchise at this point.

No doubt there. I was more wondering about the use of Disney's IP, how that conversation went over, what kind of stipulations Disney might have had for Capcom, what kind of compensation. Not that anybody would know any of this stuff besides Disney & Capcom - more of just a random pondering type of thing.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Don't like the mixed in 3D too much, especially with some of those character sprites looking like a damn fine cartoon. Too distracting :(

pixlexic

Banned
its hard to update NES games a lot of the game play back then relied on pixel perfect jumps. changing the resolution changes that mechanic.

Santar

Who would've thought we'd be getting a remake of the nes ducktales game in 2013?
Soo awesome, and I don't mind that they're changing some of it up, after all we'll always have the original and this is a remake.
I don't really mind that much that the backgrounds are in 3d (some of it seems to be in 2d
though, just look at the moneybin background, which reminds me of the show in style actually) I mind more that the perspective of the background changes, I prefer it to be completely locked side view, fits more with the platforming.

Would be even more awesome if they included ducktales 1 and 2 nes versions as unlockables.
The characters look pretty great, though Scrooge looks a little chibified ;)

It would probably have been entirely Capcom's initiative, since I doubt that Disney has any plans to revive the franchise at this point.

I think I recall the Capcom guys on their stream saying as much. Said it was being pushed internally for a while, and that it isn't to coincide with any sort of DuckTales revival or anything, it was something Capcom wanted to do.

LTWheels

I think I recall the Capcom guys on their stream saying as much. Said it was being pushed internally for a while, and that it isn't to coincide with any sort of DuckTales revival or anything, it was something Capcom wanted to do.

I expect it was pushed by Capcom USA, rather than Japan.

Reiko

Banned
Who would've thought we'd be getting a remake of the nes ducktales game in 2013?
Soo awesome, and I don't mind that they're changing some of it up, after all we'll always have the original and this is a remake.
I don't really mind that much that the backgrounds are in 3d (some of it seems to be in 2d
though, just look at the moneybin background, which reminds me of the show in style actually) I mind more that the perspective of the background changes, I prefer it to be completely locked side view, fits more with the platforming.

Would be even more awesome if they included dicktales 1 and 2 nes versions as unlockables.
The characters look pretty great, though Scrooge looks a little chibified ;)

Heh... "Dicktales".

I figure i'd chime in again and say, after playing the demo, its still holds up. Animation looks great, so cool to hear all the voice actors again, and the controls and jumps and everything seemed to work well.

kunonabi

I figure i'd chime in again and say, after playing the demo, its still holds up. Animation looks great, so cool to hear all the voice actors again, and the controls and jumps and everything seemed to work well.

Does Scrooge still sound like Scrooge? I remember Connery doing VA for From Russia With Love sounding absolutely terrible.

M-PG71C

That is the best fucking news I've heard in years. I never thought the day would come.

Wii U version for me, day one. Period.

Half of GAF has Luigi hats, other half will have Scrooge McDuck hats?

That's amazing, my avatar can wear both of them!

Am I the only person who's a little bewildered by all the hype this game is generating? Not that I mind a Duck Tales orgy.

I refused to get hype due to the pain in my heart over Crapcom's cold blooded torture and execution of my old friend Megaman, but this is a pretty solid game that a ton of kids played ~20 years ago, and it's rare to see a remake of a game that old get its proper due

Top Bottom