• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem 3D Anniversary Edition Coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC

It features a brand new episode that contains eight original levels created by Duke Nukem 3D's original designers.

You can play the new Duke Nukem Anniversary Edition with its original 1996 graphics or the updated visuals and frame rate. The game also includes new music composed by Duke Nukem 3D's original sound designer and new voice lines from Duke voice actor Jon St. John. On top of that, it also features in-game commentary from the developer.

"Making it possible for Allen, Richard, Lee, and Jon to all come back together 20 years later to bring a whole new episode to the classic game is just one of those rare and incredible things that I hope will bring joy and happiness to hardcore video game fans new and old," Gearbox president Randy Pitchford said.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour releases October 11 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC at $20.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/duke-nukem-3d-anniversary-edition-coming-to-ps4-xb/1100-6443290/

Storm360

Inb4 Randy comments.

How different is this from the PS3 and Vita versions?

This is a whole new port.

I have no idea on the contents of this port yet, but there is a good chance it will be missing the expansion packs that were previously included in the Megaton Edition (which is now delisted), It also has an exclusive new episode for this version

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I hope they smooth out the camera controls a bit. I went back to the Megaton Edition on PS3 not long ago and maybe it was the controller but it felt a little rough.

Sold, anyway. Always looking for an excuse to replay Duke 3D.

And before he announced this Pitchford decided to sing the bigot song which made me want to drink bleach.

Anyway the game is cool I guess

Plum

We've got the Megaton Edition (if you bought it before they took it down, that is) and many sourceports. Why would we need this?

Oh, and by the way Gearbox is making a CrowbCat video live on stream right now:

http://dukenukem.com/

BY2K

Membero Americo
"Making it possible for Allen, Richard, Lee, and Jon to all come back together 20 years later to bring a whole new episode to the classic game is just one of those rare and incredible things that I hope will bring joy and happiness to hardcore video game fans new and old," Gearbox president Randy Pitchford said.

Is it wrong if I felt sick reading this, knowing it's coming from Randy?

I mean, I'm getting Aliens: CM flashbacks...

BiggNife

We've got the Megaton Edition (if you bought it before they took it down, that is) and many sourceports. Why would we need this?

Oh, and by the way Gearbox is making a CrowbCat video live on stream right now:

http://dukenukem.com/

Because 1) this gives Gearbox an excuse to re-release these games on PS4 and Xbone and 2) this version has a brand new episode designed by Allen Blum III and LevelLord.

PaulloDEC

Is it wrong if I felt sick reading this, knowing it's coming from Randy?

I mean, I'm getting Aliens: CM flashbacks...

Feeling sick might be a little over-the-top. It's just Randy Pitchford; he's a businessman, not a serial killer. I mean, as far as we know.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is incredible. A new Duke3D episode, made by the guys who did the original ones? And the original composer is working here too? I'm sold. 8 levels seems a bit short, but whatever. More Duke is always welcome!

Storm360

This is a whole new port.

I have no idea on the contents of this port yet, but there is a good chance it will be missing the expansion packs that were previously included in the Megaton Edition (which is now delisted), It also has an exclusive new episode for this version

Just to confirm this.

Duke It Out In D.C.
Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach
Duke: Nuclear Winter

are missing from this version of the game, this just includes the Atomic Edition episodes (and the new one of course)

What about 120FPS?
Entirely depends on the source port, the previous Steam version supported 144hz monitors fine

tesqui

after scrolling to the very bottom of the site (http://www.dukenukem.com)

John-Krasinski-no.gif

Plum

Mind linking me to this edition for PS4 or XB1? I'd appreciate it.

Because 1) this gives Gearbox an excuse to re-release these games on PS4 and Xbone and 2) this version has a brand new episode designed by Allen Blum III and LevelLord.

Then do a Skyrim Anniversary and release this as the PS4/Xbox One version and give it for free to owners of the Megaton Edition on Steam. They should at the very least offer a hefty discount. I can't help but be incredibly cynical about this and I wasn't even alive when Duke 3D came out.

EDIT: It doesn't even include the three expansion packs already included with the Megaton Edition. Sorry but this is fucking terrible, 8 new levels is cool and all but nothing justifies charging $20 again for LESS overall content.

Storm360

Then do a Skyrim Anniversary and release this as the PS4/Xbox One version and give it for free to owners of the Megaton Edition on Steam. They should at the very least offer a hefty discount. I can't help but be incredibly cynical about this and I wasn't even alive when Duke 3D came out.

Megaton Edition was published by Devolver and 3D Realms, Gearbox got nothing from Megaton Edition so they won't offer anything to owners for it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, I hope they do a good job with it. Would be great if this was a definitive release of the game that has all the expansions. And the less I have to rely on DOSBOX, the better.

EmiPrime

I think I got the PC version on GOG for like $1 when 3D Realms were about to lose the license. I don't think $20 just for a new episode is worth it.

Doomshine

Just to confirm this.

Duke It Out In D.C.

are missing from this version of the game, this just includes the Atomic Edition episodes (and the new one of course)

Man, really? Might get it when it's cheaper then so I can play the new levels at least.

Just to confirm this.

Duke It Out In D.C.

Well that's a huge slap in the face, even Megaton Edition had those episodes included

schaft0620

Anyone who attended the event that would like to give up the Battleborne code they gave to people at the event I just bought the game today please PM me your code. I did already get the one via the stream

Anyone who attended the event that would like to give up the Battleborne code they gave to people at the event I just bought the game today please PM me your code. I did already get the one via the stream

Wait seriously, wow they're really desperate to get people to buy their game.

Might as well make it free to play

Top Bottom