• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Microsoft Conference Thread

mileS

krackerjack said:
Is there any place to download the conference yet?

there are some links on the OP but some of them are just live streams that are down atm. Some of the sites are currently uploading the full conference as we speak.

You can watch it at ign if you skip forward but the audio is really really messed up for most of it so i'm waiting for an upload from another site.

ShinAmano said:
Why are people assuming Natal will cost $200...did I miss something?

The company behind the tech said they were looking to go to market at ~100$. Before Microsoft bought them.

So, yeah, people are just talking out their asses right now. It's not going to be 200$.

Cheebs

Yes Boss! said:
Kinda making a fool of yourself...just sayin'.
no the people saying that this is going to destroy waggle are the ones looking like fools. the only thing casuals will care about post-e3 is wii fit plus or whatever.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
After this conf, it's clear Sony have their work cut out for them (doubt ninty conf can even compete). Sony's conference lost a lot of steam after their PSP go leak. Its really unfortunate for them because now they need some major stuff to compete, ps3 slim, trico, GT5, MAG, GOWIII, FFXIII coming out xmas for the US...etc...

Leatherface

As neat as the camera is, it's an add-on device so it's not going to have the mass appeal that the Wii has captured with the casual audience. Next gen will be interesting however.

for now:

Natal= nitch.

Yes Boss!

Cheebs said:
no the people saying that this is going to destroy waggle are the ones looking like fools. the only thing casuals will care about post-e3 is wii fit plus or whatever.

I'm talking about $200 FUD nonsense you are spouting. This will probably be included in the full relaunch of the 360 next year. No 720 coming for a long, long time. Also, this is not a threat to Nintendo.

NG28

Wow, MS conference really impressed me. Sure we knew a lot of this was coming already, but that was the first time a lot of the games were demo'd which is what I care about.

Alan Wake really impressed me, the flare section was pretty awesome.

Forza Motorsport 3 isn't a huge interest of mine, but that video they cut together was beyond awesome.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
PistolGrip said:
After this conf, it's clear Sony have their work cut out for them (doubt ninty conf can even compete). Sony's conference lost a lot of steam after their PSP go leak. Its really unfortunate for them because now they need some major stuff to compete, ps3 slim, trico, GT5, MAG, GOWIII, FFXIII coming out xmas for the US...etc...

Sony's will win out on software alone, PS3 is a dream for the core gamer atm, I'm expecting to at least see some original IP's from Sony, something that I was hoping to see from MS tbh.

Cheebs

Yes Boss! said:
I'm talking about $200 FUD nonsense you are spouting. This will probably be included in the full relaunch of the 360 next year. No 720 coming for a long, long time. Also, this is not a threat to Nintendo.
did MS say Seattle times got it wrong or something?

duk

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Sony's will win out on software alone, PS3 is a dream for the core gamer atm, I'm expecting to at least see some original IP's from Sony, something that I was hoping to see from MS tbh.

joke post?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Arpharmd B said:
Nothing from Rare. Seriously? Nothing at all?

Why does MS own them again?

I guess Rare, Mistwalker, Lost Planet 2, N3II = TGS.

What about the post conference thing?

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I think the way MS presented Natal was shite...it is NO Wii-killer.

However, putting on the face that it is (now that I think of it) will probably catch tons of headlines in the mainstream media. This thing could be a year away and be total crap and the press will still eat the "Wii-killer" PR. Maybe MS won't even release this thing anytime soon or with my fanfare because just it being in existance does the "damage" to Wii's perception in the public's eye. In fact, I bet that's MS's plan...it's all about gaining mindshare against Nintendo from now until this thing comes out (regardless of how well it literally does)...it may even just be delayed on purpose for that and just come to X720 instead, all while giving the illusion that Wii is old-hat and that MS is the new hotness to the masses.

FrankT

Basileus777 said:
Would it be logical to take Mass Effect 2's absence as confirmation of it going to the PS3 this Fall?

Since it's not coming until 2010 wrong on that front and two they just reconfirmed Mass Effect as PC/360 again live at the E3 conference. So naw. Pretty much confirming it's locked up.

some good looking games there...SC actually impressed me and AW looks nice. MGS R surprised me a little, especially if its exclusive (why would it be?)

Seems like my prediction was correct on Gaf schizo:

Worse than your step dad doing cliff richards kareoke ---> better than mum's own chilly sauce...

ha

Pirahna

Jtyettis said:
Since it's not coming until 2010 wrong on that front and two they just reconfirmed Mass Effect as PC/360 again live at the E3 conference. So naw. Pretty much confirming it's locked up.

Makes sense. For whatever reason I mixed up Mass Effect and Dragon Age's release dates.

Yes Boss!

Pirahna said:
Well considering your source is from a blog writer who is just giving his best guess as to a price with nothing to back it up, I would say you're wrong, from the blog:

Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2009286427_microsoft_xbox_throws_down_gau.html

The way I took it was that it will probably be packed in with a full relaunch/rebranding of the 360 next year with the minimum point of entry being $200 (since a 360 costs that much).

lowrider007

duk said:
joke post?

I personally think the PS3 has the best line-up for hardcore gamers, just my opinion is all, there is a clear divide between core and casual gamers, the poor sales for the latest hard core games releases on DS & Wii prove that.

harSon

Banned
Pirahna said:
Well considering your source is from a blog writer who is just giving his best guess as to a price with nothing to back it up, I would say you're wrong, from the blog:

Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2009286427_microsoft_xbox_throws_down_gau.html

I could have sworn he said it would be bundled with every single Xbox 360 in the future.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
there were some really cool things, and overall I enjoyed the conference, but what this conference really did was drive home the fact that most of gaming in the next few months will be on the PS3.

I don't know, I guess I expected some more big 09 announcements. As it stands everything I'm super-hyped about as a gamer is either multiplatform or PS3 exclusive.

Don't get me wrong, there was a LOT of quality stuff shown, just not any huge WTFOMG 09 announcements.

lowrider007 said:
I personally think the PS3 has the best line-up for hardcore gamers, just my opinion is all, there is a clear divide between core and casual gamers, the poor sales for the latest hard core games releases on DS & Wii prove that.
Do me a favor and say "core" one more time.

Also, explain the difference between "core" "hardcore" and "hard core" for me. I like being labeled because then it's easier for me to pick a game system. I mean, I thought I was a gamer, and I thought I liked 360, but you obviously have a hot tip that I need to be privy to.

Yes Boss!

lowrider007 said:

And the question remains: Joke Post?

lowrider007

Yes Boss! said:
And the question remains: Joke Post?

No why ?, explain how me saying that I believe that Sony's conference will have a better line-up for the hardcore gamer than MS's ?

I haven't been reading since the conference ended, but was the "5 minute extension" just last minute PR or do we know if it was last minute securing of the new MGS game? Seeing as how that was the only game not shown in any real fashion, I figured it's a safe bet.

lowrider007

riskVSreward said:
Do me a favor and say "core" one more time.

Also, explain the difference between "core" "hardcore" and "hard core" for me. I like being labeled because then it's easier for me to pick a game system. I mean, I thought I was a gamer, and I thought I liked 360, but you obviously have a hot tip that I need to be privy to.

I'm not sure I understand, I thought 'core gamer' and 'hardcore' was the same thing? if not then that is what I meant, hardcore gamer.

Is the term 'Core gamer' something that is frowned upon on here or something?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I went to sleep following the conference, what was the general consensus on Natal (spelling?)?

ZeoVGM

Banned
lowrider007 said:

How does the PS3 have a better lineup for hardcore? That's just blatantly stupid and factually incorrect.

Slacker

Rez said:
I went to sleep following the conference, what was the general consensus on Natal (spelling?)?
I think it's something like: Looks interesting, but I'm not going to effing draw pictures and hand them to a computer brat.

Yes Boss!

lowrider007 said:
No why ?, I explain how me saying that I believe that Sony's conference will have a better line-up for the hardcore gamer than MS's ?

Uh, you are completely discounting the entire line-up of MS which is one hardcore game after another.

Fwiw, I'm more excited in Sony's upcoming line-up as well.

Giard

I bet this has been asked a ton of times, sorry about that, but does any site offer the conference as a download now? I missed it, haven't read anything about it yet so I'm not spoiled.

ZeoVGM

Banned
esbern said:
look for the gif about the shoe. it was overblown bullshit.

Oh will you fucking stop? You already did this. The technology that we were shown was fantastic. This is fact.

If we can actually interact with it like with the Milo demo, this is like nothing in gaming before. It probably won't kill Wii, but it'll be awesome.

lowrider007

Yes Boss! said:
Uh, you are completely discounting the entire line-up of MS which is one hardcore game after another.

Fwiw, I'm more excited in Sony's upcoming line-up as well.

Yes I agree MS had some hardcore titles on show, but I think Sony will have a better offering, and maybe some original IP's, that's all I'm saying.

Speevy

Banned
I'd like to get a sense of what this new camera peripheral is like through a demo of some sort, a pre-natal if you will.

Top Bottom