• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

Gantz

Banned
Doubledex said:
You are trying too hard, dude

You're not trying hard enough! All you can do is quote? I was just stating my opinion. GT5 looks like every other racer out now especially Forza with NASCAR thrown in. What happened to the realistic graphics they were aiming for that we got teased with in Prologue?

oneHeero

Gary Whitta said:
Uncharted 2 is the best-looking game I've seen at any briefing. No Sony hate there.
If searching wasnt disabled I could easily look up post by you bitching about Sony. You complained about Multiplat games being shown in Sony conference but MW2 and Beatles was like 30+ minutes of MS conference but you didnt mention that at all.

Nafai1123 said:
You can make the argument that MS had a better/more interesting presentation overall, but when it comes to ACTUAL content shown, Sony wins hands down. Anyone who says otherwise must be in complete and utter denial. :lol

Well Sony does have a handheld to show for. Seriously...

Doubledex

Banned
Gantz said:
You're not trying hard enough! All you can do is quote? I was just stating my opinion. GT5 looks like every other racer out now especially Forza with NASCAR thrown in. What happened to the realistic graphics they were aiming for that we got teased with in Prologue?
:lol

LowParry

From this E3 to the last, there always seems to be something that gives Sony a bit of a very slight edge in terms of entertainment. I'm curious how Penny Arcade will play this one out. Probably a comic about all this motion nonsense I bet. Good show though. I'd say Sony has best of showing but very very close to MS' showing. Nintendo could of been better. The end is what did it all.

Shadow780

reilo said:
Besides a pricedrop (which they are most likely preparing for this fall for the holidays with a PS3 Slim), what in the world could they have delivered that would have been "much, much bigger" beyond what they provided us?

oneHeero

LCfiner said:
you are delusional.

every single fucking thing done by the sony wand can be done by natal. everything. it can track your hands, your elbows, your head. everything. you want to pull your arm back for archery and then release an arrow? you can do it.

the great thing about the MS system is you need one camera and multiple people can join in. with the wands, you need two per person to get only two points.

it is way fucking behind Natal in tech.

and the demo sony showed was a lot more amateurish than the wii sports resort stuff, which can do all the stuff the sony wand can do.

FFIV is an MMO. no one on gaf except die hard ff 11 players give a shit about mmos. it is NOT a megaton.

and the ease in which you buy into the spin about the PSP MGS being a "true" sequel, undermining the Raiden announcement, is embarrassing
So a spinoff of the MGS series, which has already been on the xbox before, is a megaton but FF14 being online/exclusive isnt?

jakncoke

Banned
Gantz said:

Gantz
Moran hoe
(Today, 05:05 PM)
Reply | Quote

Nolan.

People seem to forget Sony never really have a problem in terms of content in their conferences, has anyone wondered about when a lot of these things are going to arrive.?

LCfiner

oneHeero said:
So a spinoff of the MGS series, which has already been on the xbox before, is a megaton but FF14 being online/exclusive isnt?

no, I never said that.

wait, did I? I can't remember and can't search. I don't think MGS raiden is a megaton.

Pretty dumb console wars going around here.
People seem to forget that these were press conferences...they are silly press conferences.

Nintendo could have shown Wii Sports for the 53rd time for the whole hour and still be the winner of this gen.

oneHeero said:
If searching wasnt disabled I could easily look up post by you bitching about Sony. You complained about Multiplat games being shown in Sony conference but MW2 and Beatles was like 30+ minutes of MS conference but you didnt mention that at all.
Really? During Beatles Rock Band @ 360 briefing:

Gary Whitta said:
Why make such a big deal out of this if it's not 360 exclusive?

During Modern Warfare 2:

Gary Whitta said:
When are they going to show something that's actually exclusive to their platform? :lol

J-Rzez

Doubledex said:
You are trying too hard, dude

Gantz walks outside, barely getting his cigarette to light due to the short-noticed downpour. You can see him direly trying to keep it lit taking long drags shortly one after another. A stray drop hits the cigarette right in the tip, and all signs of the life once contained in the fiery cherry diminishes to a smoldering, then lifeless husk. Suddenly, Gantz falls to his knees and glares up at the sky. It's hard to see the tears that are streaming from his eyes, hard to tell the difference between them and the rain. Suddenly, brimming with anger or perhaps frustration, he clenches his fists and while on his knees he lets out that rage. So fierce, it's heard over the thunder in the background, he yells... "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOONYYYYY"!

Basileus777 said:
I think people buying a 256 player shooter should care how it sells, or else it's going to be a pain to find good games.

It'll sell more than enough that you don't have to worry about that, as Zipper's fan base alone will make sure there are people playing all the time. I'm talking about people who will try to say it sucks because it didn't sell 15m+ copies that MW2 will sell.

Basch

alr1ghtstart said:
6fdjplz9yho8rr4xbpmo_2nlinecreenshot01.png

2hp1lqbdo3iacog0neto_2nlinecreenshot02.png

that is all. sweet baby jesus.

Needs to be quoted for all the jizz-tastic responses. Hawt <3

witness

My question is what is coming out this year for PS3 thats exclusive? Uncharted, Ratchet, and MAG, is there anything else? God of War, GT5, Last Guardian, Modnation Racers, and Heavy Rain are all next year.

Nameless

The games are subjective but anyone calling Sony's motion controller more impressive than Natal needs to put the kool-aid the fuck down. I'm constantly reminded during E3 why I seldom scroll beyond the OPs when visiting the gaming side. Wow.

reilo said:
Besides a pricedrop (which they are most likely preparing for this fall for the holidays with a PS3 Slim), what in the world could they have delivered that would have been "much, much bigger" beyond what they provided us?

They could have given us some info about "Agent", the one huge unleaked megaton was basically blown on that. They could have given us a couple dates for these games too. Right now they just confirmed that they're there. Which we already knew in the first place. At this pace is seems likely that those games are late 2010 and maybe 2011.

FF 14 isn't a megaton announcement. It's an SE MMO.

Other then that and a price drop, the secret PS3 game would of been nice.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Awesome show for sony , Uncharted 2 is game of E3 for me .

and srsly congratulations Sony on your Work with 3rd party publisher , you keep them very close but you keep your own 1st party on the front and as the most Important thing .

but where is SCEE games ? we got SCEA and SCE Japan Studio games but nothing from SCEE ( GC 2009 Leipzig maybe ? )

Kinosen

Neo Member
I have to be honest, for me, Sony's press conference was definitely the most enjoyable of the three, which is a shame because the PS3 is the only next-gen console I don't own, and a price drop wasn't announced. The crowd also seemed pretty lively compared to Microsoft and Nintendo.

Uncharted 2 looked great, and I see some potential in MAG and ModNation Racers. I was really impressed with their motion control technology because:
1. They were able to implement it on top of the PSEye and
2. It seemed to have more precision and tracking speed than the Wii MotionPlus, which makes sense because using the camera corrects the flaw still present in the MotionPlus, which is that it approximates 3D positioning and has to constantly recalibrate itself due to errors from drift. It's explained in this manual from AiLive(html), (PDF) the co-creators of MotionPlus. See under "2.2 Working with Tracking Data"

In there it says that raw tracking on the WiiMotionPlus is good for about 1-2 seconds, which is a bit disappointing, but I suppose it could be helped with good programming.

I'm definitely skeptical about third-party support, because it's happening so late and Sony didn't announce a single full-length game first party or otherwise that would use this, but we'll see.

LCfiner

AranhaHunter said:
Agreed

Lol yeah but SCE showed GT5, Last Guardian, Uncharted 2, MAG, PSP, etc and MS had MGSR, MW2, Alan Wake.

you forgot sc:conviction and forza 3.

and halo 3:eek:dst.

(but you also forgot gow3... so list warz, yeah)

LowParry

Nameless said:
The games are subjective but anyone calling Sony's motion controller more impressive than Natal needs to put the kool-aid the fuck down. I'm constantly reminded during E3 why I seldom scroll beyond the OPs when visiting the gaming side. Wow.

So watching a girl flop her arms and body around, then lead back out to make the ass of an elephant is more impressive?

There's one thing that sparks my interest in this whole motion blah. The moment you see that "lazer whip" what's the very first thing that came to mind?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Sony had the best conference. Largest amount of games shown and best presentations (GoW, Uncharted, AC2). Really entertaining show throughout, even though there weren't any big surprises. But that wasn't really necessary with that line-up.

1. Sony
2. MS
3. Nintendo

Nintendo is a distant third, even with surprises like Galaxy 2 and new Metroid. Crappy showing until the very end

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Microsoft - A+

Sony - A

Nintendo - F

not really surprised with the nintendo, though SMG 1.5 with yoshi looked cool. The new metroid looks to be the only awesome thing.

Cammie looked hornier than last year tho, which was nice

Uncharted had the best graphics. I like the waggle system for ms for casuals but for hardcore games the sony wands will probably work better.

Ploid 3.0

Smokey said:
stop acting like you fuckers care about NASCAR all of a sudden

GAF is so funy

I don't care enough about NASCAR to buy a whole $60 game on it, but I don't care about the mint chocolate in my box of chocolates. If it's added in and not a box of mints that's good variety and I don't mind a taste of it. Seeing rally, racing, nascar, etc will be in GT5 has me even more excited about the variety of it. I was excited when GT brought in rally the first time, and I welcome these different licenses.

Top Bottom