• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Podcasts

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I didn't see a thread for this, so I thought we needed one. I love me some E3 podcasts.

logo.png

Day Minus One - Download
We snare a wood nymph and bring it back to the Bomb House to tell us all about Microsoft's Cirque du Soleil show, the Kinect reveal, and the Xbox 360 slim. Also, white smocks for everyone!
Day Zero - Download
We run down the day's events, including the Microsoft, Electronic Arts, and Ubisoft press conferences, plus some first-hand Kinect experiences and the oversized Activision soiree at the Staples Center.
Day One - Download
With day one come to a close, we rap about the Nintendo and Sony press conferences, Zelda, our hands-on experiences with the 3DS, Jack Tretton, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and more Mortal Kombat than the law will allow.
Day Two - Download
This is one for the books. Nearly three hours of Jeff Bridges, regrettable impressions, even more regrettable wagers, Spec Ops: The Line, Rock Band 3, Dance Central, SOCOM 4, Fable III, Gears of War 3, Halo: Reach, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Def Jam: Rapstar, and more!

2zyiwya.gif

Day One - Download
Wherein we discuss the first batch of E3 press conferences, the price of a steak dinner, punching holes through monitors in blind rage, free Xbox 360s, and what we want out of E3. Starring Ryan Scott, Jeff Green, Dana Jongewaard, and Matt Peckham.

2lljd55.jpg

Day One - Download
Our first day of E3 coverage is focused on Microsoft, whose awe-inspiring (on many levels) events left us wondering if Natal -- now Kinect -- is really what it's cracked up to be. A lot more discussion of Microsoft's Monday press conference follows, including chatting about Metal Gear Solid Rising, Gears of War 3, and all the extra Kinect stuff in between, plus a short rundown at EA's press conference later that day. Special guest Shane Bettenhausen from Ignition Entertainment joins Ray, Matt and Scooter.
Day Two - Download
Our E3 Day 2 coverage starts with -- what else? -- Nintendo's morning press conference, so we hit all the big points from that show, including but not limited to the unveiling of the 3DS. The Sony press conference was still going on as we were recording, so we keep most of the discussion brief, but there's still room to pontificate on the rest of E3's games and trends. Ken Levine from Irrational Games joins Ray, Matt and Scooter for this midday show.
Day Two Part 2 - Download
Frank, Scooter, and Mike wrap up today's podcast coverage with special guest Warren Spector from Disney Interactive. The foursome discuss Epic Mickey, 3D gaming, and Mr. Spector's love of all things Disney.
Day Three - Download
We close out our E3 on-site series with a long, drawn-out, sometimes just plan tired rundown of some of the games we've seen and played in the last couple of days. Thrill as we explain our opinions of NBA Elite, NHL Slapshot, Child of Eden, Vanquish, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Batman The Brave and the Bold, DJ Hero on 3DS, and so much more. Special guest Alex Evans from MediaMolecule briefly joins Ray, Matt, and Alice, with news editor Frank Cifaldi hopping on for the final block.

4c128848a866d_featured_without_text_wc_topstory.jpg

E3 Show - Download
E3 2010 goes into the books with a deluge of games and we dive right into the deep end of them. Shacknews's own Chris Faylor joins Garnett, Brian, and Jeff to share their experiences with XCOM, Portal 2, Bulletstorm, Child of Eden, Journey, PixelJunk Shooter 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, DJ Hero 2, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, LittleBIGPlanet 2, the Witcher 2, and more. N'Gai Croal also takes a turn on the microphone to examine the big trends of 3D gaming and motion control seen at the show. With far more than fits in one show this show ends with a "to be continued" next week. Along with more games we'll also share your responses to E3 and the games so come by Shacknews for the official show thread to join the conversation.

psnation-tight-logo1.png

Day Minus One - Download
Joel calls Glenn & Josh at E3 to discuss the happenings so far including Microsofts presser (or should we call it depresser)… Also the PS Blog meet up and Kotaku party on Sunday night. And the boys are surprised with booze from an underage listener. Best mom EVAR!!
Day Two - Download
Joel calls Glenn and Josh at E3 for their impressions of day two. Hear first hand game impressions and of course a funny story or two.
Day Three - Download
The final day of E3. Glenn and Josh brave the riots, from their hotel room, as they connect with Joel to share game impressions from the show floor. Highlights include EA, Konami, Rock Band 3 & the Sony booth.

9vimnr.jpg

Day Zero - Download
We discuss Microsoft's E3 press conference, more pressingly the accessory formally known as Natal, EA's press presentation, and Ubisoft's "reshaping" of gaming. Finally, we set our sights on the Activision press...event, perhaps the most extravagant production in the last thousand years of human history.
Day Two - Download
Join the E3 gang as James, Mike (TYP), Neal, and Jonny sit down to discuss the first day of E3 proper. It began with Nintendo's momentous press conference, full of Zelda, Kirby, Kid Icarus, 3DS, and win. We hit the high points of Reggie's opus, interspersing observations with further insights gained from playing these games and seeing the new portable system later in the day.

2qdub6d.png

E3 Preview Show - Download
Just in time for E3, the guys sit down to discuss what they’ve been up to on their latest hiatus, as well as preview this year’s show.

GhaleonQ

1-Up had 1 short one with Ted Price and 1 short one with Warren Spector. Geekbox did a CGW sort-of-reunion (Jeff, Ryan, and Dana, I think).

StuBurns

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
1-Up had 1 short one with Ted Price and 1 short one with Warren Spector. Geekbox did a CGW sort-of-reunion (Jeff, Ryan, and Dana, I think).
When you say Ted Price, from insomniac who suck, do you actually mean Ken Levine, who is a God?

GhaleonQ

StuBurns said:
When you say Ted Price, from insomniac who suck, do you actually mean Ken Levine, who is a God?

Look, I'm NeoGAF's authority on 3rd person action games and 1st person shooters. Do you think I'd screw this up? No way. Check your facts!

StuBurns

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
Look, I'm NeoGAF's authority on 3rd person action games and 1st person shooters. Do you think I'd screw this up? No way. Check your facts!

I've embarrassed myself once again.

Magnus

I can't wait to come back tonight and see Giant Bomb's run on the Konami presser. It might be legendary :lol

Slime

Banned
Does anyone know if Garnett is at E3 this year? I haven't listened to Weekend Confirmed for a couple weeks.

Danne-Danger said:
Got any links?

all 3 are on itunes under the 4 guys 1 up feed.

Slime said:
Does anyone know if Garnett is at E3 this year? I haven't listened to Weekend Confirmed for a couple weeks.
yeah, he's there. I saw the space poncho pics of him :lol

he's only doing 1 podcast I'm pretty sure.....on Friday like usual

Slime

Banned
Aw man. And the 1UP Yours poolcasts were so epic. It would've been cool if he tried to recapture the magic. :(

Barakov

Slime said:

Apparently, they're only doing a Friday show.

Edit: beaten.

1-D_FTW

I'm dying right now listening to the Geek Box and Jeff Green talking about his recent nerd rage of breaking his monitor by punching it (MoH: AA) and snapping his disc of Mirror's Edge in half. I've never smashed a monitor, but I'm ashamed to say I have smashed a controller or game or two in my life.:lol It's such a waste of money, but oh boy does it feel good in the moment.:lol

1-D_FTW said:
I'm dying right now listening to the Geek Box and Jeff Green talking about his recent nerd rage of breaking his monitor by punching it (MoH: AA) and snapping his disc of Mirror's Edge in half. I've never smashed a monitor, but I'm ashamed to say I have smashed a controller or game or two in my life.:lol It's such a waste of money, but oh boy does it feel good in the moment.:lol

I'll have to listen to this. Love Jeff on any podcast.

psst...Jeff...Mirror's Edge was made by EA

Slime said:
Aw man. And the 1UP Yours poolcasts were so epic. It would've been cool if he tried to recapture the magic. :(

I was thinking the same thing, maybe someone will surprise and hold a poolcast of their own.

JBuccCP

1-D_FTW said:
I broke my tv a few weeks ago by punching it. Damn you Bayonetta! I have a 13 inch sdtv hooked up right now:lol

JWong

Banned
Wow... Giantbomb is pretty unexcited at Nintendo. Their reaction is pretty much like mine about Nintendo's Conference.

They also seem pretty tired in general. They did say Sony is packed with announcements.

Ulairi

Banned
JWong said:
Wow... Giantbomb is pretty unexcited at Nintendo. Their reaction is pretty much like mine about Nintendo's Conference.

They also seem pretty tired in general. They did say Sony is packed with announcements.

Giantbomb will never be excited about anything from Nintendo because lack of HD graphics.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
JWong said:

Brad sounded the most excited about Nintendo, while Jeff sounded more lukewarm. He's the only person I've really heard say something negative about the 3D on the 3DS.

And yeah, Vinny sounded quite excited for the Sony conference.

EDIT - Also, three hour Bombcast. :D

Jeff seemed pretty high on the 3DS from what I heard, albeit in his usual understated Jeff way. Since let's be honest here, Jeff is rarely absolutely crazy/super hyped for anything.

Unless it's ketchup on steak.

You know what? Fuck Jeff.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I AM JOHN! said:
Jeff seemed pretty high on the 3DS from what I heard, albeit in his usual understated Jeff way. Since let's be honest here, Jeff is rarely absolutely crazy/super hyped for anything.

I was more referring to the 3D aspect. He said that the 3D made his eyes go wonky. That's just the first I've heard of that from impressions.

sdornan

I AM JOHN! said:

How about Mortal Kombat?

4 Guys 1UP: E3 Day 3 | 06/16/2010

http://podcast.the1upnetwork.com/flat/1UPYours/4G1U061610.mp3

(77.1 MB) - Length: 1:24:18

We close out our E3 on-site series with a long, drawn-out, sometimes just plan tired rundown of some of the games we've seen and played in the last couple of days. Thrill as we explain our opinions of NBA Elite, NHL Slapshot, Child of Eden, Vanquish, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Batman The Brave and the Bold, DJ Hero on 3DS, and so much more. Special guest Alex Evans from MediaMolecule briefly joins Ray, Matt, and Alice, with news editor Frank Cifaldi hopping on for the final block.

sdornan

I'm really surprised how positive Giant Bomb are towards Kinect. They seem more jaded towards gaming than me, so I'm kind of surprised they did anything other than scoff at it.

PSNation brought out its Day 2 coverage:

http://www.psnation.org/2010/06/16/special-episode-e3-2010-day-two/

Joel calls Glenn and Josh at E3 for their impressions of day two. Hear first hand game impressions and of course a funny story or two.

*Please note that the audio quality of this podcast is not up to usual PS Nation standards. In an effort to get you an update as soon as possible, this special episode is literally a recorded conference call between the hosts and contains no bumper music or outro comedy bit. Furthermore the internet phone connection wavers at times.

JWong

Banned
4c128848a866d_featured_without_text_wc_topstory.jpg

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1313

E3 2010 goes into the books with a deluge of games and we dive right into the deep end of them. Shacknews's own Chris Faylor joins Garnett, Brian, and Jeff to share their experiences with XCOM, Portal 2, Bulletstorm, Child of Eden, Journey, PixelJunk Shooter 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, DJ Hero 2, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, LittleBIGPlanet 2, the Witcher 2, and more. N'Gai Croal also takes a turn on the microphone to examine the big trends of 3D gaming and motion control seen at the show. With far more than fits in one show this show ends with a "to be continued" next week. Along with more games we'll also share your responses to E3 and the games so come by Shacknews for the official show thread to join the conversation.
Direct Link
RSS Link

Top Bottom