• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 Bingo Card Thread.

Here's mine, it's for all of the conferences combined:

bingo_1.jpg

timetokill said:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z79/cannibalchef/bingo_1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Rather good choices I have to say. I actually laughed at the zelda rom dump box.

BY2K

Membero Americo
timetokill said:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z79/cannibalchef/bingo_1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

N row has good chances.

timetokill said:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z79/cannibalchef/bingo_1.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

His suit pocket must be pretty deep and big to hold a 6+ inch controller. wow. Incredible if it happens.

BY2K

Membero Americo
General Shank-a-snatch said:
I'd say that the first winner of his own bingo card gets a custom tag, would be a cool prize.

Not a good idea.

Some people have harder or easier cards. It wouldn't be fair.
What would be perfect is if we had some kind of Bingo Card Random Generator. But I don't know how to do that + It probably won't be ready for tomorrow.

mclem

BY2K said:
Some people have harder or easier cards. It wouldn't be fair.
What would be perfect is if we had some kind of Bingo Card Random Generator. But I don't know how to do that + It probably won't be ready for tomorrow.
Funny you should mention that!

Right, I have a WIP version of my bingo card randomiser, currently just containing my own data. Does anyone who's created a card here object to me taking some elements from their card to go into the total randomiser? I'll try to cherry-pick appropriately.

mclem

And my version's now ready for use. After a period of debugging culminating in me kicking myself for trying to run it with noscript on (If you get a bunch of buzzwords from the GPL'ed original, that'd be why!)

I've got a little bit of extra code which *should* mean cards are guaranteed to not get entries that are mutually exclusive (For instance, I've got "Skyward Sword released before November" and "Skyward Sword pushed into 2012". You should never get both those in the same card; do prod me if you do.)

http://urchin.earth.li/~matt/e3bingo.htm for now. You can pick 'easy' or 'hard' from the dropdown; I should warn you that some of the stuff in hard is pretty damn unlikely!

I'm going to start grabbing images now for the pictorial gaf hivemind edition. Skipping any Konami ones since they've been and gone.

mclem said:
I've got a little bit of extra code which *should* mean cards are guaranteed to not get entries that are mutually exclusive (For instance, I've got "Skyward Sword released before November" and "Skyward Sword pushed into 2012". You should never get both those in the same card; do prod me if you do.)

Single console friend code
Friend codes gone!

mclem

Cheesemeister said:
Single console friend code
Friend codes gone!

Good call, I'll fix that up. Just spotted I've got two DQ11 announcements, too.

Edit: aaand... broke it. Damn. Tinkering time!

Edit2: Working again!

BY2K

Membero Americo
mclem said:
Funny you should mention that!

Right, I have a WIP version of my bingo card randomiser, currently just containing my own data. Does anyone who's created a card here object to me taking some elements from their card to go into the total randomiser? I'll try to cherry-pick appropriately.

Do! Please do!

EDIT: This is great, man! Awesome stuff!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
24eqpsm.jpg

Well, we still had the "grown men, acting a fool" part.

mclem said:
And my version's now ready for use. After a period of debugging culminating in me kicking myself for trying to run it with noscript on (If you get a bunch of buzzwords from the GPL'ed original, that'd be why!)

http://urchin.earth.li/~matt/e3bingo.htm for now. You can pick 'easy' or 'hard' from the dropdown; I should warn you that some of the stuff in hard is pretty damn unlikely!

I'm going to start grabbing images now for the pictorial gaf hivemind edition. Skipping any Konami ones since they've been and gone.

Cool idea :)
I was going to make several cards myself so that people could choose from a few, but it's pretty time-consuming to make these with all of the pictures. Your method is better for that ;)

Probably have to start earlier on this next year so we have nice looking ones for the E3 overall.

distrbnce

Banned
The whole-e3 ones don't really make sense... Bingo is meant to be played in one sitting you know. There should be a list of options for each of the big 3 pressers, then use that generator someone posted earlier to randomize.

mclem

distrbnce said:
The whole-e3 ones don't really make sense... Bingo is meant to be played in one sitting you know. There should be a list of options for each of the big 3 pressers, then use that generator someone posted earlier to randomize.

That's my plan. I'm going to sort images into N, S and M, then a general category, and a user will be able to select between any of those four.

But right now, I'm playing poker :)

mclem said:

Oh nice, its pretty intuitive that it makes its own. Too lazy to add artworks...
But mine for Sony and Nintendo...
tumblr_lmbzb76k151qbxqfpo1_500.png

mclem

Right, I've ripped apart and plugged in five cards for now for the GAF hivemind bingo collection (with images!). I've been a bit selective, and because I couldn't work out how to add alt text, I've only gone for images which were very clear about exactly what they meant. I intend to add more, but I'd like to go to bed sometime tonight. Nevertheless, if people want to poke the generator a bit and holler if anything goes horribly wrong, please do so, and I'll try to add two or three more cards in before I go to bed.

Oh, and sorry for the shoddy cropping. If I do this again, I'll probably ask people to generate images to a given size, then they'd be nice and easy to plug in.

It still defaults to my text cards, but the dropdown will allow you to select various GAF options.

Edit: If you happen to spot any broken links, can you right-click on it to find out what the expected filename is and PM me? I've found one, there may be more.

mclem

Dedication Through Light said:
Diablo 3 kept me from scoring, darn!

I don't have the card to hand, but you know what kept me from bingoing in the Microsoft conference?

Neogaf not 500ing.

DAMN YOU, EVILORE!

Edit: And now I see that I'm not the only one.

Fun fact: In my random card generator, I was considering replacing the 'free' space with things that I considered a given ("GAF 500's", "New Ridge Racer announced"). Most of those wouldn't actually have been free!

Top Bottom