• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Nintendo Digital Event

Nintendo gets an E- from me. They're completely disconnected from the market, totally niche and uninspired.

IMHO, there's literally no reason for a seperate Nintendo console at this point. You shouldn't have to buy an extra console to play just one special sort of content.

That's like Marvel only shipping all of their content on a Marvel disk, that can only be played exclusively using the Marvel Player.

You seem to not know how exclusivity works.

Leatherface

I gotta be honest here. I'm a little worried. Zelda looks fantastic but I dont see any system sellers coming anytime soon and Nintendo needs them badly. Everything is for 2015. Nintendo had a whole year headstart on next gen consoles. They should be raking in the games at this point. Where is the money hat?! You can't do it yourself Nintendo, fork out some $$$ and buy some more exclusives.

Btw- I just bought a Wii U for Mario Kart, which I absolutely love. I think the Wii U has a ton of potential and I really want to see Nintendo succeed this gen. Here's to hoping they can turn this ship around before getting stomped by Sony/Microsoft.

Vaiim

Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi Yarn, Bayonetta 1+2, Starfox(!), and lots of other little things I'm interested in.

... Yea that was a great presentation. Also Robot Chicken!!

zeromcd73

Nintendo gets an E- from me. They're completely disconnected from the market, totally niche and uninspired.

IMHO, there's literally no reason for a seperate Nintendo console at this point. You shouldn't have to buy an extra console to play just one special sort of content.

That's like Marvel only shipping all of their content on a Marvel disk, that can only be played exclusively using the Marvel Player.

Oh yeah, they should totally go third party. Just look at how well Sega turned out...

So no matter if you're a Sony fan, Microsoft fan or a Nintendo fan we can all agree on one simple truth - EA's conference sucked.

Indeed, the hatred for EA is universal.

I am level headed. I thought all conferences were good overall. If you do not take into account game leaks, Sony a little bit > than MS = Nintendo. Overall, I am happy being a Wii U and PS4 owner. Microsoft has not done enough to make me want an Xbox One, but maybe next year (or 2016).

Did they announced Star Fox

The Kotaku interview states that the prototype on the floor is just a demo of what Star Fox U may be like. He said we will see the actual game in 2015. So kind of announced, but we have no clue what it will look like.

gimmmick

People actually thought Nintendo did a bad job? What, really? WTF did ya'll want from them?

For me, it wasn't a disappointment, but under whelming.

I do not care for the NFC action figures for smash brothers.
Kirby looks great, I'm happy they showed it off with gameplay
Hyrule warriors does nothing for me (never got into dynasty warriors)
I don't play jrpgs (no hype for xenoblade X)

Mario maker will be interesting to see how the community supports the game.

No metroid was the big bummer for me, it's the one franchise I love about nintendo.

Galang

Banned
This was my favorite E3 conference by them in years. A mess at the Mother 3 comment at the beginning of the show though... I was somewhat expecting a virtual console reveal. They're wrong for that !

I know. I need grim dark and shooting so I can feel like a grown-up. What will my buddies at school think when I play these colorful baby games?

You're projecting. No Man's Sky alone is more interesting and innovative than anything Nintendo showed and it was far from the only colorful and experimental game on tap for Sony and Microsoft.

Everybody of all ages play more "asscreed" and Halo than Mario games. That's the problem. By continuing to offer them on a system nobody wants, Nintendo's IPs are depreciating. Simply put, people are going to forget about Mario and Zelda if Nintendo keeps them walled off and not on hardware people actually own.

Pretty much this. The guy they were responding to originally didn't even mention those games either.

Why isn't everyone losing their shit over Kirby Canvas Curse sequel? That game always gets love I thought!

It looks really pretty too, why can't the 2D New Super Mario games (that play awesome) get these unique art styles so the haters can shut up and realise they're the best tightest level designs in the whole series?

Cuburt

Haven't checked what was trending on Twitter during the conference but Nintendo doing good right now

United States Trends
· Change

#PLLDay
#RHShooting
#HappyBirthdayRocktard
Reynolds High School
Mario Party 10
#NintendoDigitalEvent
PLL Marathon
Captain Toad
Devil's Third

With MarioParty10 trending worldwide. Devil's Third and Mario Party 10 not being at the Digital Event didn't make a difference in it's ability to get the word out.

CassSept

So, this was a lot like the other conferences. Solid, could use a tad more surprises, everything was 2015.

I liked it though. Certainly better than the past two conferences.

This was my favorite E3 conference by them in years. A mess at the Mother 3 comment at the beginning of the show though... I was somewhat expecting a virtual console reveal. They're wrong for that !

Yeah, that felt a little dickish. Not worth getting all hot and bothered over if they don't do it, but it's kind of like "what...oooook...."

Nintendo: 8
Sony: 8
Microsoft: 7.5
Ubisoft: 7
EA: 4

They way Nintendo handled this was so fresh, loved it. Sony had A LOT of games and I would have ranked them higher if not for some boring sections and more gameplay. Microsoft gets points for being all about the games, but nothing really interested me beyond Sunset Overdrive. Ubisoft was okay and EA...LOL

wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3y4uj9.png

Zelda tho.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nintendo's non-press conference was the best showing of the three, but a new Zelda reveal isn't the same without the excitement from the audience :(

Maybe I'm just growing up or just sick of seeing the same things, but I just didn't feel it this year with Nintendo. Normally I have goose bumps when I hear theme songs or see something that relates to a series I love, but there wasn't anything really there for me.

They did have a great production, I give them that (Robot Chicken skit was pretty good).

What the heck was with those Robot Chicken Sketches? it felt REALLY out of place and cringe worthy.

I thought it was pretty funny, they started their conference off with a Mother 3 joke. It seemed like it was them trying to look more self aware, and I kind of think it worked. They were kind of poking fun at themselves, and I'm okay with that.

That was pretty good. They showed a ot of cool stuff. More Canvas Curse? Yes, please. Open world Zelda? Shit, I'm in. Mario Maker? Cool. A new Starfox? Hell yeah. (Though they didn't really show it.)

And holy shit, Palutena is in Smash Brothers?!?

Could someone tell me who Palutena is?

All in all, that was a solid ND.

My final press conf ratings. Being a Wii U owner is starting to look better and better for exclusives next year.

Nintendo A
Sony A
Microsoft B+
Unbisoft B
EA F

Tanwo

Quite good presentation!
Captain Toad looks like a fun little game, Yoshi and Kirby games look great.
And Splatoon seems really interesting, gonna have to keep an eye on it.
Bayonetta 2 including 1 is also nice for those who didn't get to play it before.

Only negative for me is the Zelda clip was too short!

And no Metroid :(

Top Bottom