• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 | Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3

Here's the game schedule from e3.nintendo.com
2E5BpvY.png

Why are they playing Metroid twice?

It's sad that so many people aren't tuning into the Treehouse stream. I feel like a lot of the games showcased in the digital event are going to look a lot better in action like the Zelda one which looks incredible.

This animal crossing spinoff looks really interesting. Could be fun. Can you go anywhere or is it just limited to that small area?

Last year there ware actually interesting games to show. Splatoon and Smash for example. Now? Not so much.

God, Splatoon. I couldn't stand watching they play the game by the end of the week.

"Hey, did you heard about Splatoon yet? You did? Well let me tell you again."

Hotsuma

When she said "U can build a schooooooooooooool", I died. Having never played Animal Crossing, is this building houses thing big in the series?

VegiHam

It's sad that so many people aren't tuning into the Treehouse stream. I feel like a lot of the games showcased in the digital event are going to look a lot better in action like the Zelda one which looks incredible.

That's why I'm watching. Wanna learn some stuff other than 'it's not what I wanted'. I know what it isn't, but what is it...

Parshias7

When she said "U can build a schooooooooooooool", I died. Having never played Animal Crossing, is this building houses thing big in the series?

It isn't part of the series at all. In a regular Animal Crossing game you have your own house and can collect furniture to decorate it. You can save up money to expand rooms or add new rooms/floors, but you're stuck with the one house you own.

weevles

My kids will eat that Animal Crossing shit up.

I hope Amiibo cards have better availability than the damn figures. :p

Veeboy

Sorry for my ignorance, but I had to go to class immediately after the digital event. Is this animal crossing a full new release? Like moving into a village and a new house and stuff. The first time we saw it I thought it would be dedicated design game, but if it isn't I'm in day 1. More excited about that than the possibility of a wii u animal crossing (sorry for those of you wanted that though.)

Also, most important question, can I finally play as a black villager. I thought I saw that in the trailer but I was unsure.

Last year there ware actually interesting games to show. Splatoon and Smash for example. Now? Not so much.

thats hyperbole. yoshi looks amazing, starfox seems solid, xenoblade and fireemblem will be great, mario tennis is nice.

certainly not amazing overall but solid.

A hundred cards on the first release?

HUNDRED.
How will they handle the release is what I want to know. Is it say 4 collections of 25 or is it buy booster packs of randoms (unless you're in America in which case Club NintenDeNA only and the last ones will never be released). Not to mention the cost which will be non trivial due to NFC.

GWX

Thread is a ghost town compared to last year, people still in shock.

No joke, their Digital Event was a wasteland in terms of content. If they couldn't announce too much for the recent future, just go full January 2013 mode and name drop some exciting stuff. I mean, it worked for Sony, looking at people's reactions.

Exile20

Imagine a Wii U version with:

30 people max visiting other people's town
Sending out request to have a party(birthday, holidays, etc)
Trading
Using the gamepad for designing and decorating
Visiting special places that people don't own but anyone can visit without permission
Everyone's town is procedurally generated with some things that are specific to your town like specific fruit
Crafting system when you need to visit your friends place to get certain items(not region locked)
Having specific cultural items that you can only get if you visit there or use trading system
Many minigames(online)
Amiibo support
Gave specific users on your friendslist permission to cut your trees, design interiors, plant, etc. Help shape your town like in minecraft.
....many other ideals.

If these ideals are bad, i am sorry. I am not a game designer. lol.

No joke, their Digital Event was a wasteland in terms of content. If they couldn't announce too much for the recent future, just go full January 2013 mode and name drop some exciting stuff. I mean, it worked for Sony, looking at people's reactions.
It wasn't a wasteland for 3DS games. Wii U, yeah.

GulAtiCa

Why are people not understanding that the Treehouse schedule picture isn't complete? Do people really expect it to end so early?..

zroid

Banned
I don't think I'm going to get it (at launch anyways), but Happy Home Designer is a lot more interesting than I was expecting.

i know the Wii U Zelda isn't out until next year....but just cutting it out completely seems so strange to me...

I imagine that they didn't want to showcase it given that there's a new one coming out this year. They want the focus to be on the one that is coming out sooner, and honestly the WiiU Zelda would probably steal its thunder. I imagine we'll get a lot more info once the 3DS Zelda is released. (Probably the same reason why there wasn't any big Mario games besides tennis revealed with Mario Maker being their big game that they're pushing this year.)

I really enjoyed what I saw from this game, it's a lot more involved than I originally thought. If I can put in a pre-order now, I definitely will! This kind of town building is something that I hope carries over to the next Animal Crossing installment.

butalala

Can anyone give more of an overview of how HHD works? Is it a retail game? Is there more to it than arranging furniture? I haven't been able to give full attention to the stream.

How will they handle the release is what I want to know. Is it say 4 collections of 25 or is it buy booster packs of randoms (unless you're in America in which case Club NintenDeNA only and the last ones will never be released). Not to mention the cost which will be non trivial due to NFC.

I expect random booster packs.

Why? Because fuck you*, that's why.

Not you exactly.

Top Bottom