• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemondish

The prequel that no-one wanted sold poorly.

In which case Gears and Batman are also on the ropes.

Your spoiler tag is exactly what I'm thinking there.

We need to stop with this ridiculous over exaggeration. Gears of War, God of War, and the Batman games are not franchises on the ropes. That's just ridiculous to even think that.

Wiggy

Can't wait for the "but... bu.... Sony, where is the Vita. WTF? Screw you" posts after Sony's press conference.

Protip:
Deal with what the Vita is. An indie games handheld with a few japanese games.
No reason to waste time during Sony's E3/EU conferences.

Yeah vita would waste valuable Powers time.

Servbot24

Banned
Your spoiler tag is exactly what I'm thinking there.

We need to stop with this ridiculous over exaggeration. Gears of War, God of War, and the Batman games are not franchises on the ropes. That's just ridiculous to even think that.

The constant GoW collections/remasters did more damage than the prequel did imo. There would wouldn't be franchise fatigue if it were just the core games. In fact people would be hungry for more right now.

Busty

Banned
I know insiders aren't supposed to tease information about E3 but..,

Drunken Morpheus demonstration.

1353_mad_men.gif

The constant GoW collections/remasters did more damage than the prequel did imo. There would wouldn't be franchise fatigue if it were just the core games. In fact people would be hungry for more right now.

I think you're understating the selling potential of a main line God of War game a tad.

The next game will sell on a platform that's killing it right now and Sony's marketing push will make sure nearly every PS4 owner knows it's coming out.

I don't believe the remasters or prequel have hurt it's potential sales one bit at this moment in time.

GoW is one of Sony's few main IP's that sell through with massive numbers too.

Yeah vita would waste valuable Powers time.
I'm pretty sure a 20 minutes long Powers 2 trailer would be more valuable for the PS4, than anything Vita.

What does Foster City Studio actually do?

Well...

Foster City Studio was established in 1998, and is focused on collaborating with both internal and external development teams to create original entertainment of the highest quality for the PlayStation® family of products.

The producing team in Foster City Studio has worked with Zipper Interactive on the "SOCOM: US Navy SEALS" series, with Naughty Dog on the Jak and Daxter series and "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune®", with Insomniac Games on the "Ratchet and Clank®" and "Resistance: Fall Of Man® series", with Sucker Punch on the Sly Cooper and Infamous series, and with Bend Studio on the Syphon Filter series and Resistance: Retribution™, to name but a few examples.

Foster City Studio is equipped with a newly built user testing facility, and pioneered the culture of extensive user-testing within Sony Computer Entertainmnent Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS).

Situated in the San Francisco Bay Area in the headquarters offices of SCE America, Foster City Studio features an extensive game library, meeting rooms equipped with 7.1 surround sound and video conferencing, and multiple employee lounge areas. SCE's Foster City Campus is also home to state of the art sound design facilities and SCE's First Party Quality Assurance organization.

Jakoo

This is a huge thread, so excuse me if this has been asked before:

What are the odds of seeing any PS4/XB1 hardware redesigns this E3? Historically, would either company introduce a redesign at this stage of a consoles lifespan?

The PS4 is in pretty good shape design wise, but, I think their could be some aesthetic efficiencies gained on the XB1. I am honestly holding off on buying either system until a second-gen hardware design is announced and I'm hoping that E3 is when that announcement would happen.

Eolz

What are the odds of seeing any PS4/XB1 hardware redesigns this E3? Historically, would either company introduce a redesign at this stage of a consoles lifespan?

The PS4 is in pretty good shape design wise, but, I think their could be some aesthetic efficiencies gained on the XB1. I am honestly holding off on buying either system until a second-gen hardware design is announced and I'm hoping that E3 is when that announcement would happen.

PS4: below 10%. Still early in its life and selling great as it is, without much criticism about it.
X1: 30%? There's the same arguments than the PS4, but the design got criticism for being too big and not for everyone's tastes. Could also happen for a sales boost, but I doubt it's the priority right now. Sure it'll get one before the PS4 though.

Servbot24

Banned

Rumors of a new XB1 controller. I'd also say there's always a possibility of a had drive upgrade. Wouldn't get your hopes up for a major form factor change though, especially for PS4.

FelipeMGM

I think 2016 is more likely, maybe even further.

Jakoo

Thanks for the responses guys. I kind of assumed it was a ways off but I wasn't sure if there were any rumors floating around.

I'm sure MS engineers are hard at work on making a Xbone Slim, but I wouldn't count on it just yet. Don't forget that these consoles are less than 2 years old, so a redesign already seems pretty soon. Plus, Sony pretty much bypassed the first console redesign and launched a PS4 Slim model.

pswii60

I dont think God of War deserves a 2 year pre release hype cycle these days. That franchise is on the ropes.

I don't think the GoW franchise is on the ropes at all, but it's certainly very tired. They've just rehashed the same old gameplay and environments time and time again.

The next GoW could ideally do with being a fresh reboot for the franchise, or at least feel like it's being built from the ground up for PS4. GoW 3 and GoW:A both felt too much like they were still using the PS2 games' code underneath it all, invisible walls included. PS2 games with PS3 graphics, basically.

I dont believe GOW is on the ropes at all. There's a reason why they are making a remastered version of gow3. A proper gow4 is on the way and sony is putting a lot into it. Im assuming that's why they brought cory back. The game will get a huge push feom somy and it'll sell well.

I'm sure MS engineers are hard at work on making a Xbone Slim, but I wouldn't count on it just yet. Don't forget that these consoles are less than 2 years old, so a redesign already seems pretty soon. Plus, Sony pretty much bypassed the first console redesign and launched a PS4 Slim model.

If you watch how slim notebooks can become nowerdays I wonder how slim a slim console could be (including Blueray drive of course).
Should be possible to build something slimmer than PS3 slim. And this would be quite nice.

Xbox needs a slim version urgently in my opinion.

Boke1879

I think you're understating the selling potential of a main line God of War game a tad.

The next game will sell on a platform that's killing it right now and Sony's marketing push will make sure nearly every PS4 owner knows it's coming out.

I don't believe the remasters or prequel have hurt it's potential sales one bit at this moment in time.

GoW is one of Sony's few main IP's that sell through with massive numbers too.

Yup. I think GOW remastered will actually pull respectable numbers as well. When GOW4 is announced and later released. It'll sell. No doubt or question about that.

Uncharted 4 predictions - No lengthy gameplay demonstration this time; it'll get a four minute trailer that's pure fanservice. Set piece-driven, urban area, lighter in tone, and Sully makes an appearance near the end, Uncharted fans the world over have a heartgasm. Done.

No, I'm fully expecting a repeat of E3 2009. A setpiece demo that will melt minds.

Jakoo

If you watch how slim notebooks can become nowerdays I wonder how slim a slim console could be (including Blueray drive of course).
Should be possible to build something slimmer than PS3 slim. And this would be quite nice.

Xbox needs a slim version urgently in my opinion.

My roommate has an XB1 and we cannot currently fit it in the cubes of our entertainment center. I understand Microsoft wanted to stave off the overheating issues that plagued the 360, but the XB1 has all of the charm of a cable box from the early 90's.

FelipeMGM

OK, now that Until Dawn is stated for late august, when do you guys think Sony will release Tearaway Unfolded? I wouldnt really market that as a big fall game

OK, now that Until Dawn is stated for late august, when do you guys think Sony will release Tearaway Unfolded? I wouldnt really market that as a big fall game

My guess:
July : GoW3 Remastered
Aug : Until Dawn
Sep : Tearaway Unfolded
Oct : (rumored) Uncharted Collection
Nov : No idea.

July: GoW3 Remastered
August: Until Dawn
September or October: Tearaway Unfolded
October: No Man's Sky* (might get a disc release a la Journey)
November: Uncharted Trilogy

And then of course there's their digital releases like Rime (hopefully this year), Shadow of the Beast, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, SOMA* and The Tomorrow Children.

*I know these are not first party games but I think Sony will market and push them a lot.

And then of course there's their digital releases like Rime (hopefully this year), Shadow of the Beast, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, SOMA* and The Tomorrow Children.

*I know these are not first party games but I think Sony will market and push them a lot.
And Abzû, and Hunger, hopefully.

Add Persona to that List and 2015 is a pretty great year. Hopefully Atlus will make it

August - Until Dawn
September - Tearaway: Unfolded
October - Uncharted Collection
November - No Man's Sky

I think there will also be some exciting releases mixed in there like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Tomorrow Children, SOMA, Shadow of the Beast, ect... but I think that's how their release schedule could shake out.
Hopefully Persona 5, but I don't see that hitting in 2015.

FelipeMGM

I think SOMA would be a perfect game for Morpheus. That VR needs a good horror game

Lemondish

Are you just speculating here, because I'm not sure bundles that add value as the series ages could even remotely be considered franchise fatigue to such an extent that the whole thing is now "on the ropes". Does that hold true for MGS given the multiple collections that released there? I wouldn't say that franchise is on the ropes. I don't follow your logic here.

I think people are plenty hungry for more. Of course, it's the kind of people that aren't Neogaf posters.

Arion

Sony will focus too much on Morpheus and it will be disappointing, for me at least.

I think Nintendo's big trump card will be Metroid.

No idea about Microsoft. Spencer said it will be first party focused so it could be almost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom