• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEaMkb

Sony should take inspiration from Minecraft and completely reinvent Lemmings. A smidgen of dark humour. Kids would love it.

Lemmings-BoxScan.jpg

I was responding to Kuro-Law on his/her skeptism on releasing this year.

Rime potentially not this year, sure. Because it hasn't been featured in promotional content for 'releasing this year' and the game hasn't been shown with actual running gameplay yet.

TTC had a full alpha last year, and they're openly listing in their twitter as '2015 release' while saying more info at E3, implying a very high chance for a release this year.

SOMA only just now showed gameplay, and it's releasing in September.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Sony should take inspiration from Minecraft and completely reinvent Lemmings. A smidgen of dark humour. Kids would love it.

Lemmings-BoxScan.jpg

A world building game where Lemmings control sort of like Pikmin, with classic 2D dungeons scattered around the map?

FelipeMGM

Depends which Horizon he is talking about ;) Quantic Dream's title literally has the same codename, which makes me suspect there could be a form of collaboration between the two, maybe both their games share the same universe or something.

That would be awesome, two completely different games set in a same world.

But that wont happen cuz we cant ever have nice things

SAVE US SHU

Depends which Horizon he is talking about ;) Quantic Dream's title literally has the same codename, which makes me suspect there could be a form of collaboration between the two, maybe both their games share the same universe or something.

I thought QD's game had the codename 'Singularity'?!

Tapejara

Do you guys think Quantic Dreams' new game will be a sequel to Beyond: Two Souls?
The ending left room for a sequel, but QD's games are usually self contained.

Might be part of the reason we still have yet to get the Beyond: Two Souls remaster despite the trophy list popping up last year?

Kyoufu

Do you guys think Quantic Dreams' new game will be a sequel to Beyond: Two Souls?
The ending left room for a sequel, but QD's games are usually self contained.

Might be part of the reason we still have yet to get the Beyond: Two Souls remaster despite the trophy list popping up last year?

Ellen Page sued Sony for the nude scenes so I dunno. It also didn't sell as they hoped.

I'm hoping for that Kara tech demo to be a real game. It looked far more interesting than Beyond.

I'm going to guess that Sony releases a new firmware update right after their press conference. It will have features many have asked about including digital game gifting.

I'll also predict that Sony will have their own answer to Direct X 12.

Tapejara

Ellen Page sued Sony for the nude scenes so I dunno. It also didn't sell as they hoped.

I'm hoping for that Kara tech demo to be a real game. It looked far more interesting than Beyond.

True, I had forgotten about that lawsuit. Unfortunate that had happened to her.

Kara would be cool as a game as well.

OCD Guy

If there's any ounce of truth to Microsoft splashing the cash out on silent hills they are absolutely insane. While there may have been a bit of hype of a demo on Internet forums, silent hills is nowhere near a BIG franchise to the average consumer that buys consoles, and it isn't what Microsoft need to sell more consoles.

If they're gonna splash the cash they need to see how much they can wave in front of Activison for call of duty, or EA for FIFA. Having either of those titles as exclusives would get Xbox ones off the shelf at an alarming rate.

If they're gonna splash the cash they need to see how much they can wave in front of Activison for call of duty, or EA for FIFA. Having either of those titles as exclusives would get Xbox ones off the shelf at an alarming rate.

Why wave money at games that are practically impossible to get?

MS isn't going to splash 'enough' to get either of those. It's not worth it to Acti/EA too, to damage their IP for one year, just for an exchange of cash.

v1lla21

No matter how much money MS has, they can't afford those two franchises. They've already done a lot of exclusive content with those two and I don't think MS will reach any deeper into their pockets.

Wouldn't make sense for the publishers either.

OCD Guy

Why wave money at games that are practically impossible to get?

MS isn't going to splash 'enough' to get either of those. It's not worth it to Acti/EA too, to damage their IP for one year, just for an exchange of cash.

Everything on this planet has a price. The rumours are that billions have been spent, what a waste of money on a franchise that's barely relevant.

Just because people on forums (which represent a small minority) were losing their minds over a small demo on the ps4 someone at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to buy this I.P

If Ms are willing to spend "billions" then they've looked at the wrong game, they'd have been better off not spending anything and just reducing the price of the Xbox one to ridiculous levels "lost billions" but they'd have sold more consoles - which is obviously the main purpose of securing an exclusive.

Anyone who thinks silent hills could turn the Xbox ones fortunes upside down are insane.

Anyway this wouldn't surprise me, the Xbox one has been one mistake after another from the E3 onwards, it honestly wouldn't surprise me for Microsoft to sell off the Xbox brand before this gen ends, I'd certainly bet that we will never see another Xbox after the one from Microsoft.

jaypah

If there's any ounce of truth to Microsoft splashing the cash out on silent hills they are absolutely insane. While there may have been a bit of hype of a demo on Internet forums, silent hills is nowhere near a BIG franchise to the average consumer that buys consoles, and it isn't what Microsoft need to sell more consoles.

Those games are never going exclusive. Might as well reach for lower apples, so to speak. Besides, if they did secure Silent Hills I doubt it would break the bank. Certainly not the billion dollars from the bogus rumor lol!

I'm speaking realistically. I wasn't even blinking an eye to the whole "billions" nonsense.

MS could fund 10 AAA-games of the highest caliber at 100 million each with just 1 billion.

Don Mattrick said back when XB1 launched that their investment into XB1 games is 1 billion dollars, and that is likely across 4-5 years worth of games at least, because you know, investing in games take a long time to reap your benefits, due to the length of AAA development.

OCD Guy

Those games are never going exclusive. Might as well reach for lower apples, so to speak. Besides, if they did secure Silent Hills I doubt it would break the bank. Certainly not the billion dollars from the bogus rumor lol!

I know realistically that those franchise are not going anywhere unless obscene amounts of cash are waved in their face.

But my point ultimately was that the reasons behind the rumoured purchase would obviously be to give people a reason to buy an Xbox one. And the majority of average consumers would not be swayed by a game like silent hill in my opinion.

There must be a better game out there that would get Xbox ones out the door, even Halo now doesn't look like its as relevant as it used to be.

There must be a better game out there that would get Xbox ones out the door, even Halo now doesn't look like its as relevant as it used to be.

Set up 4-5 new AAA studios with 500 million dollars investment, and spend 500 million dollars to market those 5 games as the 'next big thing' to be equal/surpass Gears/Halo.

jaypah

I know realistically that those franchise are not going anywhere unless obscene amounts of cash are waved in their face.

But my point ultimately was that the reasons behind the rumoured purchase would obviously be to give people a reason to buy an Xbox one. And the majority of average consumers would not be swayed by a game like silent hill in my opinion.

Agreed. So either the asking price would be low enough or no deal would be taking place.

So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, and Batman, it seems everything else is up in the air.

Any guesses or thoughts? Any shockers or trump cards?

v1lla21

So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, it seems everything else is up in the air.

I feel like Sony might also have a deal for Need for Speed.

Tapejara

So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, it seems everything else is up in the air.

I feel like Microsoft has a deal with 2K for something. Mafia 3, if that gets announced, or perhaps that game they were teasing last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom