• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, it seems everything else is up in the air.

Any guesses or thoughts? Any shockers or trump cards?

I'm pretty sure we know most everything already don't we?

Philippo

So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, it seems everything else is up in the air.

For Sony, aside the one we already know, (Battlefront,Arkham Knight,MGSV,CoD BLOPS III,AC Syndicate), i'd say Final Fantasy XV, Watch_Dogs 2 and Mirror's Edge.

MS gets ME4, Need for Speed and BF5.

2thepoint

Come on, Shinobi.

Spill it lol.

Lakitu

st5fu
Sony: Destiny (Expansion), BLOPS 3, Battlefront, Mad Max, potentially something else from WB, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Microsoft: The Division, Possibly something from EA... erm... what else?

v1lla21

For Sony, aside the one we already know, (Battlefront,Arkham Knight,MGSV,CoD BLOPS III,AC Syndicate), i'd say Final Fantasy XV, Watch_Dogs 2 and Mirror's Edge.

MS gets ME4, Need for Speed and BF5.
Idk man, Sony doesn't have a racing game this year with the exception of Driveclun PS+ edition. I feel like Sony would want to push for that to counter forza even if it's not the same kind of game. I don't think we'll see GT until next year.

I'm speaking realistically. I wasn't even blinking an eye to the whole "billions" nonsense.

MS could fund 10 AAA-games of the highest caliber at 100 million each with just 1 billion.

Don Mattrick said back when XB1 launched that their investment into XB1 games is 1 billion dollars, and that is likely across 4-5 years worth of games at least, because you know, investing in games take a long time to reap your benefits, due to the length of AAA development.
Literally the only way the "billions" figure makes sense is if Microsoft purchased Konami as a whole, including all of their non-gaming assets.
Which would be an efficient means of establishing a presence in Japan...

AAMARMO

Banned

Sony:
AC syndicate
Mad Max
GUITAR HERO LIVE
Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Microsoft:
Mirror's Edge
Rainbow Six Siege
Tekken 7
Need For Speed
Just Cause 3
Garden Warfare 2

So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, and Batman, it seems everything else is up in the air.

I'm guessing they have something special with either Mass Effect 4 or Fallout 4.

So what sort of studios/games do you think Microsoft and Sony have marketing or advertising deals with? We know Sony has a deal with EA on Battlefront, and Batman, it seems everything else is up in the air.

Fallout 4 seems exactly like the sort of title MS would push to get a marketing deal with. Mass Effect is likely too, but is a while away for sure. Do we know who has Rainbow Six Siege yet?

Curious if Rock Band 4 will get swept up as a "marketing partner" in all of this debate. Without the backing of a major publisher, they're likely looking for somebody to foot the bill on a nationwide campaign to rival GHL.

Chobel

I say MS got Fallout 4 Marketing.

Lemondish

I would expect Sony to have exclusive marketing for Halo 5. An anonymous source told me.

I'd also be pretty shocked if Rockstar didn't have anything for E3. They have been sucking on that GTAV teet for a few years now.
Rockstar of late has felt that they're somewhat bigger than E3. They don't need a stage to announce their shit - in fact, that would just distract people from their title. They can send out one teaser through YouTube, and get all the attention they need.

Rockstar probably has something to announce before the year's end, but not here or now.

RPGamer92

Banned
Does Namco want Tekken to die? Exclusivity is all fine and dandy until publishers realize that their fanabases won't go chasing certain titles. You saw this last gen with JRPGs. Namco couldn't be this dumb
Marketing =/= Exclusive. Just because MS could get exclusive DLC doesn't mean the game won't be on PS4.

Does Namco want Tekken to die? Exclusivity is all fine and dandy until publishers realize that their fanabases won't go chasing certain titles. You saw this last gen with JRPGs. Namco couldn't be this dumb
We're talking about marketing rights, not full exclusivity. The hardcore players will pick up the game wherever they want - but more casual fight fans could be pushed in one direction over the other.

mejin

I think Sony is always focusing on key titles: Batman (june), Battlefront (september) and possibly CoD (november). Don't remember if they have any deal about MGSV.

They are being smart, in my opinion. So, big names like Fallout 4, Mass Effect 4, Final Fantasy XV, Deus Ex, Watch Dogs 2 are possibly their next target.

I second that.

I heard Phil Spencer is going to narrate the Sony conference from Major nelsons HQ in the Xbox tent.
Someone told me exactly the same thing. It's happening isn't it?

My source also told me TLG is being merged with Half-Life 3 and is now an arcade racer. And is going F2P and use the hat model from Valve.

Sownic

Banned
I would love to have in HD Remake of Psygnosis - Attack of the Saucerman on PS4. Also

Barbarian II
Benefactor
The City of Lost Children
Darkstalkers
Discworld
Ecstatica II
G-Police
Retro Force
Shipwreckers!

There are so many great IPs... do something with it. Sony Virtual Console maybe

klaushm

Hey, someone have some news about the new ps4 fighting game exclusive from capcom? Yup. Just ps4, not PC, so it is not sf5.

And about new ps3 exclusive rpg from Bandai Namco?

Well we already know that Sony has:

Battlefront
Batman
AC: Syndicate

I expect them to have:

CoD
Mad Max

They may have:

MGSV

Trump Card:

Need for Speed

Why is everyone saying AC:Syndicate is confirmed to be with Sony?
This happens when Sony has the marketing deals for a game (the same happened with Battlefront):

0sh0kiPdcqd-BzpDWZtQfb0y-lKQqpXGtxIj-Q0-sA=w1062-h312-no

Doesn't confirm it though.

jayu26

This happens when Sony has the marketing deals for a game (the same happened with Battlefront):

So pretty much all the big Third Party this holiday are with Sony (except Tomb Raider, which is not coming on PS4 this year any way). That is insane and a lot of money.

Blobbers

Do you guys think it's more likely we get a Fallout 4 trailer (with actual gameplay like FO3) or a legit 5-10 minutes of some guy playing the game on stage, like Jeremy? Hoping it's the latter.

You're telling me 3 videos of AC:Syndicate on the PlayStation Channel + A banner doesn't confirm it?
Idk because the XBox has those same videos on their channel. Just the banner is diferent.

So pretty much all the big Third Party this holiday are with Sony (except Tomb Raider, which is not coming on PS4 this year any way). That is insane and a lot of money.
Yeah. They're going strong with these marketing rights.

MattyG

Banned
Do you guys think it's more likely we get a Fallout 4 trailer (with actual gameplay like FO3) or a legit 5-10 minutes of some guy playing the game on stage, like Jeremy? Hoping it's the latter.
I bet we'll see a lengthy demo. That's what they did at E3 2008 with Fallout 3, and Todd Howard and Pete Hines have said that when they have something to show, they want to be able to show it as a thing that actually exists.

Neoxon

Hey, someone have some news about the new ps4 fighting game exclusive from capcom? Yup. Just ps4, not PC, so it is not sf5.

And about new ps3 exclusive rpg from Bandai Namco?
Capcom likely wants to focus on Street Fighter V right now. But if you ask me, while it's a long shot, I could see Sony footing the bill to regain the Marvel license (that Capcom let expire) for MvC4 since Capcom can't afford to regain the license themselves right now. Like I said, it's a long shot, but a guy can dream.

DNAbro

But on the PlayStation videos the have the PS logos at the beginning and end, the xbox videos don't.

Oh really? Do you have a link perhaps? I may have missed it.

I don't think they "officially" announced a partnership, but it is known the marketing rights is Sony's.

klaushm

Let's see Sony's main companies list at E3:

• Bandai Namco - (MR 301A, MR 301B, MR 302, MR 303A, MR 303B)
    • Role-Playing (PS3 only)
    • Capcom USA - (2423)
      • Fighting / Wrestling - PS4 Exclusive
    • XSEED Games - (5212)
      • Action - (PS4, VITA only)
      • Fighting / Wrestling - (PS4, PS3 only)
      • Role-Playing - (PS3, VITA only)

• Guys, this is the shorter-shorter version of thr list I've made for Sony E3 press comference. What games do you think it would be?

To see the full list, follow the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom