• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Urgh, imagine if Sony can make Jak like this

oeyb.gif

This looks so good.

yes, he was aware of all of EA's games and said it was a new ip for EA and it wasnt related to past franchise games.

Interesting, hopefully if EA show gameplay of their games this year (which they should be ready to do) they could have an interesting conference this year.

Yeah I think at this point, with the fact the little amounts Wii U is selling being largely made up of what seems to be hardcore Nintendo fans, the best thing Nintendo can do is to pander to us to keep us sweet. We're more or less they're life line in the console space at the moment.

Things like Metroid and a Mother 3 would go a long way in keep us on the platform I'm sure, and they'd no doubt sell decently. Don't even need to be expensive, as you say.

Problem is that pandering to your guys is expensive. Maybe not another localisation/ports but Metroid etc.

Hence all the rumours of the big titles in development benign switched to the next console.

There is no need to translate Mother 3. It has already been fully translated and Tomato has offered the translation to Nintendo for free. It is the translation all the fans already played, are familiar with, and would base their experience on. There's no reason beyond pride for Nintendo to translate the game again when somebody who wants to work with them has already done all that work.

Tadie

So today I requested holiday for E3 ;)

I´m from Germany, so looong nights will come ......

I hope to see more AAA platformers on alle systems @ E3.

There is no need to translate Mother 3. It has already been fully translated and Tomato has offered the translation to Nintendo for free. It is the translation all the fans already played, are familiar with, and would base their experience on. There's no reason beyond pride for Nintendo to translate the game again when somebody who wants to work with them has already done all that work.

While you could see embracing a hack as nothing more than a pride matter, it actually is quite problematic for multiple reasons, because then they basically get worse press for C&D-ing anything.

Sony must have a hell of a show lined to show all this before E3.

Either that or I'm gonna see more Morpheus that I can handle, or more terrible TV shows.

EDIT: Or massively long gamplay segments, keep em short and intense Sony.

Yep, and a new teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KspvbOzG_n0
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...to-the-rapture-comes-to-ps4-august-11th-2015/

I like that Sony is showing the stuff we already know before E3. Its a nice way to start.
Just worried if that means that they will be packed with multiplat stuff. Hope not

Stop worrying. There's plenty of time and stuff to show that isn't third party. It is better to announce this stuff early so that it isn't overshadowed by the bigger announcements at the show

Guys one thing, Didnt verendus said, Sony will introduce 3 new AAA 1st party Announcements ?

Depends on how it's announced.

MS announced 3 games last year in less than 10 minutes at the end of their conference after all... all with CGi trailers, and despite being a triple 'one-last-thing' moment, it wasn't that awesome.

FelipeMGM

Stop worrying. There's plenty of time and stuff to show that isn't third party. It is better to announce this stuff early so that it isn't overshadowed by the bigger announcements at the show

Yeah, I agree. I am really lovin this pre E3 stuff from them.

Guys one thing, Didnt verendus said, Sony will introduce 3 new AAA 1st party Announcements ?

Not in these words. But I guess Horizon, Bend and Quantic Dream are not really crazy bets

Also
I think you know something

Turkoop

Banned
Depends on how it's announced.

MS announced 3 games last year in less than 10 minutes at the end of their conference after all... all with CGi trailers, and despite being a triple 'one-last-thing' moment, it wasn't that awesome.

It have to be 3 of these studios/Games

Sony bend
Horizon
TLG (Dunno if its figured as a new Announcement..)
MM's project
GT7/Sport

I think it'll be Horizon, GT and TLG.

The only 3rd party exclusive I think will be the Level 5 game, but possibly a Square game also?

The rest of the new shit will be Morpheus titles.

Bend might remain conspicuously absent.

/my prediction

he said this

There's three notable announcements currently that will get a lot of you talking, since they're about titles no one knows about officially yet. By virtue of those three alone, I don't really think of it as holding back. If someone goes in expecting a dozen big announcements, then you're naturally going to be disappointed, but throughout this year in general, the doors are coming off for a lot of titles. There seems to be a lot of focus on "megatons" and people's definition seems to differ depending on what they like ultimately. You can't account for that, since people like different things.

You got Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet 3, and your first official look at Uncharted 4 last year. That's pretty good when you think about it for retail titles. If the content was delivered in a better fashion, it'd probably leave a stronger impression. It would also help if more was shown in some cases, but that's kind of the luck of the draw. You have to think about showing more over time.

Having said that, E3 is never boring on GAF. I've enjoyed both of the past two, and that's because of the craziness here. There really isn't anything to look forward to for me now.

Basically, stop being so negative. Why are you so negative? Oh my god.

Three notable SCE announcements. By which I mean, titles that are going to create some good noise generally. There's more than three announcements planned by SCE (there was five year last year for example). But I imagine those three are going to be your bread and butter on the first party front when it comes to dominating discussion after the conference. Then there are your third party titles aside from that.

The point is, if you're not satisfied this year, then there really isn't much to it in the future if I'm honest. This is about as good as it gets for the most part.

Edit:

Deja vu. I swear I've said this same thing a couple months ago.

salromano

Okay, guys. So I'm watching Live with Kelly and Michael this morning. Their trivia contestant comes on. And I do a double-take.

This guy's name is Gordon Purcell. His first name starts with a G, like Gabe. And his last name is very similar to Newell. And I mistook him for Gabe Newell.

Now, for the math.

There are two names that are similar and two hosts on Kelly and Michael. Two plus two is four. Then you take Purcell away because "P" is a negative number. And now you're left with three.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

.JayZii

Banned
You guys; there is no Verendus. You've all collectively hallucinated an entity tied to E3 hype.
Okay, guys. So I'm watching Live with Kelly and Michael this morning. Their trivia contestant comes on. And I do a double-take.

This guy's name is Gordon Purcell. His first name starts with a G, like Gabe. And his last name is very similar to Newell. And I mistook him for Gabe Newell.

Now, for the math.

There are two names that are similar and two hosts on Kelly and Michael. Two plus two is four. Then you take Purcell away because "P" is a negative number. And now you're left with three.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.
Kelly, Michael, Gorden Purcell. Four names... 4 Washington AVE! The next clue is at the White House !

klee123

Level 5 game not a first party though.

I think GT7 (or what name it has) and Horizon are the safest bets.
The other could be Bend, MM, TLG or even Gravity Rush 2

It could be Sony published actually, since I seriously doubt Level 5 would care about funding a console exclusive rpg when they have their massive cash cow which is Yokai Watch.

It's been like that way for a long time for Level 5 games on Sony consoles and only Ninokuni for PS3 was an exception.

If going by Hino's comment being that their next game on PS4 is aiming to be more epic than White Knight Chronicles, than my guess it'll be less like Ninokuni and more like Rogue Galaxy or WKC in style.

My newest prediction:

"Driveclub Playstation Plus Edition... Is available for download right now! You're welcome, Sony fans. And please be excited!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom