• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpliskin

OMOIJal.gif

Perfect

Horizon (Guerrilla Games)
Transformer (Platinum Games)
SFV Characters

Also not a leak, but I red on another forum I participate that KH3 will be shown behind doors. I can't confirm it but i trust de source (Caus has journalist friends going to E3). So hoping to see the new trailer

That would be unbelievably stupid on Square Enix's part if true. The most anticipated thing that they could show at their conference barring Final Fantasy VII-Remake, and they'd decide not to show it to the public instead. Please tell me they aren't that pig-headed.

mob21

Banned
I really don't think they will do that. They won't have their own press conference if they are gonna half ass and show things behind closed doors.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That would be unbelievably stupid on Square Enix's part if true. The most anticipated thing that they could show at their conference barring Final Fantasy VII-Remake, and they'd decide not to show it to the public instead. Please tell me they aren't that pig-headed.

I guess you missed PSX lol.

pirata

This is Square Enix we're talking about.

crash-14

I'm not saying they aren't showing anything from KH3 during the press conference. Just that people will try the game behind doors (Always the source statement not mine).

I'll be shock if Square shows the game behind doors and don't give us anything at the press conference... But then I remember December...

Guys guys, they said "behind doors", they didn't specify the doors were closed!

I can see it already, people lining up so they can get through the doors and watch KH III, when suddenly:

King Mickey Mouse: [holding up his own Keyblade] Now, Sora! Let's close this door for good!

Everyone is trapped outside. The end.

I guess you missed PSX lol.

This is Square Enix we're talking about.

Yeah, but given the reaction to the game at E3 '13, it's so blatantly obvious to anyone with a single brain cell that hiding Kingdom Hearts 3 behind closed doors is a blockhead move. There's no good reason to do it. At least with the PSX gaffe SE had the aim of selling FFVII to the PS4 install base; they just went about it the complete wrong way by drumming up hype on a live stage. But denying the public Kingdom Hearts 3 footage even though it's ready to showcase, after two years of silence? Don't they want to make a good first impression with this conference of theirs?!

Boke1879

Yeah, but given the reaction to the game at E3 '13, it's so blatantly obvious to anyone with a single brain cell that hiding Kingdom Hearts 3 behind closed doors is a blockhead move. There's no good reason to do it. At least with the PSX gaffe SE had the aim of selling FFVII to the PS4 install base; they just went about it the complete wrong way by drumming up hype on a live stage. But denying the public Kingdom Hearts 3 footage even though it's ready to showcase, after two years of silence? Don't they want to make a good first impression with this conference of theirs?!

The game is still a bit off right? Maybe the footage is rough and the behind closed doors event is just to show off the mechanics of the game.

farisr

Yeah, if KH3 is behind doors, it's probably only for gameplay demonstrations, there will probably still be a trailer at the conference.

The game is still a bit off right? Maybe the footage is rough and the behind closed doors event is just to show off the mechanics of the game.

I know the game pretty much started development around the time it was announced, but it's been two years since then. How hard can it be to whip together something to please the crowd? A short vertical slice of a never seen before area - bam, done.

Yeah, if KH3 is behind doors, it's probably only for gameplay demonstrations, there will probably still be a trailer at the conference.

That would make sense. Just don't exclude it from the conference completely.

spons

Gold Member
Recap from that Dutch journalist:

16:20, Dishonored 2 at Bethesda
16:50, absolutely no new IP from 2K Games
17:00, Horizon (he just calls it "Guerrilla's new IP") at Sony, RPG with medieval influences (matches the leaks)
24:24, new Splinter Cell at Ubisoft (calls it a new experience)
25:54, new Sleeping Dogs and Hitman at Square Enix

I want to start my hype engine but some things sound far-fetched to be honest.

Bousf

I don't have any appointment for it, FWIW.
I was honestly expecting KH3 to show something gameplay-related behind closed doors, but I was also hoping for a trailer during the presser.....with so little time left, I'd rather not panic and just wait it out, we'll see what happens.

Lexad

I'm not saying they aren't showing anything from KH3 during the press conference. Just that people will try the game behind doors (Always the source statement not mine).

I'll be shock if Square shows the game behind doors and don't give us anything at the press conference... But then I remember December...

Ok that is better then.

Lakitu

st5fu

17:00, Horizon (he just calls it "Guerrilla's new IP") at Sony, RPG with medieval influences (matches the leaks)

Good stuff, thanks man.

Don't like the part about Splinter Cell though, probably some open-world BS now :<

Corpsepyre

Banned

New SLEEPING DOGS?!?!?!?! Oh shit, son!

Hitman is happening. IO interactive has a unannounced game at E3 :)

Horizon is a safe bet now too.

Would love to see Splinter Cell again. But yeah. Its Ubisoft. I dont want to climb towers in SC...

Oh lawd, a new Sleeping Dogs. You best not be playing with me Dutch journo guy, I'm expecting it to happen now because of you.

Chobel

Link?

Nibel

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Truth is: Square Enix has a new Luminous Engine plugin that allows to hack every display on earth from TV to smartphone and they will show off the new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer on each display; Sora dies in the trailer btw

legacyzero

Banned

Oh boy.. Trying to fuck with the Splinter Cell formula again Ubisoft?

Stop it.

Just give me a good Spies Vs Mercenaries game, and leave the rest alone.

I've been watching all the old trailers for all my most anticipated games getting ready for E3. Rime, The Tomorrow Children, MGSV, Uncharted 4, The Witness, No Mans Sky, Dragons Quest, etc etc. Man this is going to be fantastic

legacyzero

Banned
Truth is: Square Enix has a new Luminous Engine plugin that allows to hack every display on earth from TV to smartphone and they will show off the new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer on each display; Sora dies in the trailer btw

Good.

Haley Joel is too old and derpy looking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom