• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 begins in 100 days- what are we expecting?

I really want to see a gameplay demo of Mass Effect Andromeda, and a good couple tidbits of when the game takes place, and details on the story. Like in depth shit.

Also I want to wowed on the console front technically again. Something that just steals the show and makes my jaw drop, like a Gears 1 moment. 100% unrealistic but I can dream.

I really want to see a gameplay demo of Mass Effect Andromeda, and a good couple tidbits of when the game takes place, and details on the story. Like in depth shit.

Also I want to wowed on the console front technically again. Something that just steals the show and makes my jaw drop, like a Gears 1 moment. 100% unrealistic but I can dream.

For your second point I hope it's the NX

In reality, it'll be on par or slightly better than the PS4

Yeah it would be nice to see a Nintendo console with top of the line graphics again. The last one was the GameCube, and to see Mario, Zelda games, Metroid etc., with PS4 quality graphics would be pretty awesome.

If I don't see Crash I'm going to be disappointed. There's no way all those hints have been for nothing.

Also I'm fucking hyped to see what the NX actually is. If it has backwards compatability for Wii U I might actually get it early.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You won't see a Bloodborne 2 so early. Next year at least.

Ehh, hate to break it to you.

I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future...Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software."

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...ls-3-could-be-the-last-game-in-the-series.htm

Insertia

teens-react-oculus-rift.png

Crzy1

I expect to be thoroughly disappointed by everything because everyone is to afraid to shake things up at all. Hoping for a decent NX reveal where Nintendo actually excites again, but not holding my breath. Guessing Sony is going to go all in on VR, maybe finally reveal the price of PSVR if they haven't already by that point. Not sure about MS, guess that they'll double-down on Windows-Xbox integration, but they're really the wild card this year, they don't really have anything that they're working on like Nintendo and Sony.

zeromcd73

Nintendo
- NX Hardware
- Retro's game
- 3D Mario game
- Zelda NX/Wii U (NX is the promoted version)
- Pokemon Sun Moon NX/3DS

Sony
- Crash Bandicoot
- Bends open world horror game
- God of War 4

Square Enix
- Old IP revival for PS4/NX (Seiken Densetsu/Parasite Eve)
- Final Fantasy X spinoff

God of War 4...something on God of War 4. I mean, it's time right? It's been long enough since Cory came back and started putting together a team. They've gotta have something no?

Choomp

Banned
I'm expecting to really enjoy it and come out thinking my wallet will suffer. I wouldn't be too surprised if we got another blockbuster surprise or two like last year, everyone all around really seems to have started to listen to the fans a bunch more with that stuff.

Those Nintendo predictions would have me very content, and they're not too outlandish. I'd be ecstatic however if there were a Punch Out or Animal Crossing game mixed in there.

Tom Nook

The biggest excitement for me this year is Nintendo.

I'm expecting big news from them with obviously with the NX hardware and it's software.

I'm expecting to really enjoy it and come out thinking my wallet will suffer. I wouldn't be too surprised if we got another blockbuster surprise or two like last year, everyone all around really seems to have started to listen to the fans a bunch more with that stuff.

Those Nintendo predictions would have me very content, and they're not too outlandish. I'd be ecstatic however if there were a Punch Out or Animal Crossing game mixed in there.
6 terraflops, ps4 level handheld and 20 terraflops combined poser (what even)
Isn't too outlandish?

Phreak47

Though I probably won't buy it, Nintendo has my attention, because who the fuck doesn't want to know what they roll out? They're such a wildcard now.

Other than that I want to see PSVR release date, price, and a few more reveals on that front. Any other nice surprises are welcomed.

Vibranium

Banned
I hope Nintendo brings the games alongside the NX at E3, that's what they need to double down on. And online for the wider mass market.

Pikmin 4, Zelda NX, 3D Mario, Smash NX and some other smaller games(Diddy Kong Racing 2?)/Japanese third parties would be a good launch lineup.

Zukkoyaki

Bethesda:
- New game from Machine
- New game from Tango
- Fallout 4 major DLC/expansion
- Dishonored 2 blowout

EA:
- Battlefield 5
- Titanfall 2
- Mass Effect blowout
- Criterion's vehicle game
- At least one smaller scale game like Unraveled from last year
- Sports

Ubisoft
- Watch Dogs 2 blowout
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- For Honor campaign footage
- South Park
- Two new UbiArt projects
- New multiplayer IP that was confirmed in their recent reports
- Splinter Cell as the "One more thing" moment

Nintendo
- NX
- NX
- NX

Microsoft
- Gears blowout
- Scalebound blowout
- Crackdown blowout
- Phantom Dust revival
- Forza Horizon 2
- Battletoads
- Banjo 3
- Windows/Xbox "merger" detailed

Sony
- God of War
- Bend's game
- PSVR to receive its own separate event
- Destiny 2 initial tease
- Horizon blowout
- The Last Guardian
- Gran Turismo Sport blowout
- New game by From Software

Others
- Warner Bros announces a ton of games at and prior to E3: Monolith's new game, Montreal's new games, maybe Injustice 2
- Volition announces Saints Row V or a new IP
- Bioshock reboot or sequel
- Ken Lavine's new game

Really, Warner Bros making a major splash is one of my main predictions for E3 this year. They have almost nothing announced yet a ton of booth space booked. I think they have some exciting stuff on the horizon. Like I pointed out in my others section, they have 4 confirmed AAA games in development including some that are probably quite far along,

Zedox

Nintendo
Hardware: NX
Software: Zelda NX/WiiU

Sony
Hardware: PSVR
Software: Last Guardian, Crash Bandicoot

Microsoft
Hardware: Xbox One Pro (2 GPU, New CPU, Elite Controller, 4K capable, $1k)
Software: ReCore, Scalebound, Gears, Halo Wars 2

Sony's gonna be good, but of course it will always be overshadowed by last year's.

VR VR VR (Fall 2016)
Dreams (Fall 2016)
GT Sport (Fall 2016)
Persona 5 (Nov 2016)
TLG (Dec 2016)
Horizon (Q1 2017)
NIOH (Q1 2017 in the West)
Gravity Rush 2 (Q3 2016)
Detroit (Q2 2017)
Ni no Kuni 2 (Q3 2017)
Sony Bend (Q3 2017)
God of War (Q4 2017)
FFVIIR (H1 2017)
Shenmue I+II HD (Q2 2017) + Shenmue III (Q4 2017 but will slip into '18)
Agent (2018)
Another big japanese 3rd party exclusive (RE7?)

+ 3rd party multi-plat games (FFXV, BF5 etc.)

Pretty good list for Sony. Also need to add a bunch of indies games in there. Bolded are ones that I especially look forward to.

As for Nintendo...
Last year felt like a "corrupt a wish" joke for me (and many):
Animal Crossing Wii U? Here's amiibo festival+ Happy Home Designer. Metroid? Federal Force. Zelda? Tri-force heroes. (and for others, not too much me, SMTxFE --> #FE)
I'm so glad I toned down my expectations for 3/3 direct, and super optimistic as we have all the miscellaneous stuff out of the way before e3.

NX... As long as they are able to nab some multi-platform (NieR Automata, FFVIIR, EA sports [for presence], Tales/CC2's next rpg project etc.), I'll be really happy. I'd like to think Smash 4 cloud dlc is a huge hint that FF7R is coming to Nintendo platforms. Also from the nice HD AA6 assets, capcom might be porting that to NX(and/or iOS) as well. I mean dragon quest xi for nx was confirmed a year ago, so it's not that farfetched. One can dream, right? ;)

I'm not too familiar with Microsoft's conferences, but scalebound should be there, and halo. They might also try to release some hardware just so they're not the odd one out of the "big three".

Left 4 Dead 3, TF3, and a new Day Of Defeat all available to download right after the presser!

Half Life 3 tease.
Everything else is just gravy to me!

Galang

Banned
The spotlight is pretty much on Nintendo. Everyone knows something is coming and it should be pretty interesting regardless. I don't think it's even possible for them to do worse than the Wii U reveal either so that's a plus.

I'm personally really interested in seeing Persona 5.. hopefully it will make an appearance

Neoxon

Pretty good list for Sony. Also need to add a bunch of indies games in there. Bolded are ones that I especially look forward to.

As for Nintendo...
Last year felt like a "corrupt a wish" joke for me (and many):
Animal Crossing Wii U? Here's amiibo festival+ Happy Home Designer. Metroid? Federal Force. Zelda? Tri-force heroes. (and for others, not too much me, SMTxFE --> #FE)
I'm so glad I toned down my expectations for 3/3 direct, and super optimistic as we have all the miscellaneous stuff out of the way before e3.

NX... As long as they are able to nab some multi-platform (NieR Automata, FFVIIR, EA sports [for presence], Tales/CC2's next rpg project etc.), I'll be really happy. I'd like to think Smash 4 cloud dlc is a huge hint that FF7R is coming to Nintendo platforms. Also from the nice HD AA6 assets, capcom might be porting that to NX(and/or iOS) as well. I mean dragon quest xi for nx was confirmed a year ago, so it's not that farfetched. One can dream, right? ;)

I'm not too familiar with Microsoft's conferences, but scalebound should be there, and halo. They might also try to release some hardware just so they're not the odd one out of the "big three".
Capcom showed HD assets of Dual Destinies as well, but they were only used for the mobile port of the game. I wouldn't read too much into the HD assets of AA6.

Not

Banned
NX and open-world Zelda. Wow...

Finally, an E3 that will have to work incredibly incredibly incredibly hard to disappoint me.

Oh! It'd be cool if they showed off mobile games and anime tie-ins too like they've been saying. But who knows.

I'll be curious how release dates end up lining up considering how much that came out last year isn't coming out this year. Mid-October to late November is pretty damn open right now. CoD will be first week of November like usual, but everything around it is pretty open. I think Titanfall 2 will take Assassin's Creed's spot from last year which was the 2nd to last week in October. Gears of War 4 will probably be in the 2nd week of November. NX launch will likely be the 3rd week of November. Horizon: Zero Dawn if it releases this year would be best in mid-late October before Sony marketing takes over CoD. Whatever big title Ubisoft has this year will probably be in the last week of October. Everything else will probably blend in with those.

Basketball

New Red Dead
GTA Expansion
CyberPunk Gameplay
Tekken Release date
New Soul Calibur
Resident Evil Reboot
Saints Row Reboot
Watch Dogs 2 / BattleField 5 Gameplay
Ninja Gaiden 4
Splinter Cell Annoucement
and more Nintendo gimmicks

Sports Sports Sports ... Fifa

I like how your down to earth expectations are only as low as a "slightly better" PS4. If Nintendo wants introduce another "new way to play" and make it a sub-$300 machine with mass market appeal, you're gonna get an XBONE level machine
with higher capabilities on some gpu features, and a cpu that couldn't possibly be as shitty
and you're gonna like it

I like how your down to earth expectations are only as low as a "slightly better" PS4. If Nintendo wants introduce another "new way to play" and make it a sub-$300 machine with mass market appeal, you're gonna get an XBONE level machine
with higher capabilities on some gpu features, and a cpu that couldn't possibly be as shitty
and you're gonna like it

Well the ps4 wasn't even a top of the line machine when it launched. I can see nx being only slightly better at 300-350 in 2016

steveovig

I only really care about Nintendo stuff so I'm going with NX info and lots of it, along with Zelda finally, and Mother 3 better be ready!

Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a 'blowout'? Like a flat tire? If so, you're expecting a ton of really disappointing showings, no?
It means showing off a significant amount of the title. Horizon, for example, would possibly go into detail about clans, different areas, new weapons, villages to obtain quests, etc...

I'll be curious how release dates end up lining up considering how much that came out last year isn't coming out this year. Mid-October to late November is pretty damn open right now. CoD will be first week of November like usual, but everything around it is pretty open. I think Titanfall 2 will take Assassin's Creed's spot from last year which was the 2nd to last week in October. Gears of War 4 will probably be in the 2nd week of November. NX launch will likely be the 3rd week of November. Horizon: Zero Dawn if it releases this year would be best in mid-late October before Sony marketing takes over CoD. Whatever big title Ubisoft has this year will probably be in the last week of October. Everything else will probably blend in with those.

Plenty of things that could fill up the Fall.

Battlefield 5
TitanFall 2
Dishonored 2
Cod
Mafia 3
Watch Dogs 2
Shadows of Mordor 2
For Honor
Last Guardian
Horizon
Ghost Recon/South Park
Gears
Halo Wars 2
Recore

I kinda want to see something new from That Game Company. Journey came out in 2012 so its about time, and i'm sure whatever they're working on is gonna be mind-blowing.

I also want to see wild arms 6 at sony's show but thats just a dream

Capcom showed HD assets of Dual Destinies as well, but they were only used for the mobile port of the game. I wouldn't read too much into the HD assets of AA6.

Ah, I just rewatched the announcement trailer for AA5, it is in HD! It probably didn't snap out as hd at the time because they were still work-in-progress (from 2D to 3D). Now that they have AA5's final products + extra polish, they look super sharp + awesome.

TL:DR: I guess I am reading too much on the HD assets. :p

Lemondish

It means showing off a significant amount of the title. Horizon, for example, would possibly go into detail about clans, different areas, new weapons, villages to obtain quests, etc...

There has to be a better word than 'blowout'. I had no clue what he was talking about. I went through each definition for the word and nothing seemed to fit, lol. Figured he was just being clever.

It makes more sense, now. In that case, those expectations seem to be playing it safe, but thankfully that still leads to a decent E3.

Zukkoyaki

Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a 'blowout'? Like a flat tire? If so, you're expecting a ton of really disappointing showings, no?
My personal definition of a blowout is basically tons of information like an actual gameplay demo rather than just a trailer.

FTF

PS4 Crash and God of War IV reveal are all I need to be happy. Oh and maybe some more Shenmue III footage and a TLG trailer showing a fall 2016 release date. Oh and some more FFVII Remake footage.

So I guess a decent amount :/ But all fairly reasonable I think.

Neoxon

My main concern for Nintendo's E3 presentation is mainly how the Wii U & 3DS info will be handled. While there's really only two Wii U games coming post-E3, there's quite a few 3DS-exclusives on the way (the big one being Sun/Moon). Where my concern comes from is those who expect E3 to be NX-only (something that I'm more hoping for than expecting). There's the chance that Nintendo may do a Mini-Direct for the soon-to-be-retired systems, but my main hope is that they reveal the NX device(s) ahead of time so that they can dedicate more time during the E3 presentation towards the games. This includes any Wii U & 3DS games that Nintendo may want to present in the scenario that they don't opt for a Mini-Direct for all non-NX news.

mhayze

Microsoft will announce their console VR strategy (i.e. besides Hololens on PC). My guess is they will announce some kind of Oculus hookup / partnership, OR a DirectX VR standard with Rift/Vive at the center.
This also explains the slightly unexpected mid-cycle hardware update strategy they hinted at a little while ago.

hughesta

Banned
Retro is working on Metroid. I can feel it in my bones. Is it the Metroid we all want? I don't know. But they're working with the franchise. I just get that vibe.

Top Bottom