• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 begins in 100 days- what are we expecting?

The only thing I hope for
2026828-672376_20130205_002.jpg

I mean look at that jacket!

Lebneney

Banned
Sony: Last Guardian coming soon*, every new IP is now episodic, new controller that doesn't break as easily°, then at the end so that they "win" E3 they unleash a new game...^

^IT'S KNACK 2 BABYYYY!
*PS5
°lightbar still stays and is brighter than ever for night gaming

Microsoft: Everything that you can find on the Xbox One is now available on PC. In fact if you have a PC, your Xbox One uses the PC's power and the power of the cloud to boost the Xbox One into the next generation of power. Then they mention the Hololens and the cool shit it can do.*

*It will come out for consumers at a competitive price with added VR capabilities.

Nintendo: NX is everything. A home console, a handheld console, mobile, board game, whatever you can think, NX is.*

*NX also has added functionality of curing cancer with the shelved Wii Vitality Sensor.
latest

Wishing for the Rise of the Tomb Raider sequel... Although I'm not expecting anything til E3 2017. While Rise was unveiled in 2014 it was a good 15 months after TR2013's launch. :(

Zombine

Banned
Left 4 Dead 3. I mean it's time, right? This game has been brewing forever it seems like, and I think the time is now to give us a taste of the updated engine.

Akhe

Nintendo:
"It was a very dificult decision for us but we have to push foward the NX announcement. Please understand. Now, take a look: Scene:*Kim Kardashian: Hollywood for New 3ds*

Joke aside:

-NX
-Zelda NX(U) and dozens of megatons .
-Project Setsuna
-Ni no Kune 2
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Battlefield 5
-Mass Effect: Andromeda

MomoQca

Since I'm pretty much a Nintendo only fan, I think the following bullet points will happen realistically:

• Zelda Wii U story and gameplay trailer
  • Pokemon Sun & Moon
  • NX console(s) and games will be revealed, later launching this year
  • Mother 3 finally localized

Unrealistic hopes:
  • Direct sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X featuring the same main cast. More story-driven like XC.
  • Splatoon sequel. I want everything improved, including the single-player campaign.
  • Smash 5 with the Inklings and Elma as one of the newcomers.
  • New first-party IP on the same level as Splatoon's popularity.

ghibli99

This has gotta be Nintendo's E3 to shine.and make a huge impression with the NX.

In general, just stuff to keep me excited after what's going to be a very heavy April/May. :)

I would imagine Sony will be getting the bulk of their PSVR stuff out of the way at the March 15th conference and maybe show more games at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if PSVR does take a bulk of time at E3 though.

Outside of that, I am expecting a really solid showing from Sony. New first party IP should be ready to go.

The PS4 and XBox 1 launched in a direct response to the Wii U and general console apathy, using bargain basement midrange PC componants from 2012. ( Wii u was using 2010 tech hoping to just keep pace with the other consoles) The PS360 generation was supposed to last 10 years until 2016. That has pretty much held true, with the PS3 and 360 only now getting passed over by games like COD ect. Epic even had to cut content from unreal engine 4 because the consoles couldn't run it.

demanding games like Just Cause 3 barely run on PS4 and that aesthetically is the expected standard for graphics now. With the extra power required to run VR (90FPS seems to be the required benchmark to stop people feeling sick. PSVR is aiming to cheat it by using repeat frames so 2x60fps runs at 120FPS to ensure a good experience)

With AMDs Polaris and Zen architecture expecting big performance jumps on 7nm processes and Intel/nivada surely set to follow. new Consoles are due and soon. In my opinion

Yikes......like you don't really believe this do you? Every gen has games that struggle to run even early on...devs will push the hardware they have period. This is no different then last gen where lower then 720p and 30 FPS, jaggies and poor I were the norm.

Neoxon

I'm not sure what to expect from the other two, but I'm expecting a shit-ton of NX Platform news from Nintendo. Normally I'd want nothing but NX news from whatever presentation format Nintendo plans on doing. But with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Paper Mario: Color Splash, Rhythm Heaven Megamix, & Pokémon Sun/Moon (plus a ton of others for the 3DS that I may have forgotten) out after E3, I'm expecting Nintendo to address their remaining 3DS & Wii U games to some degree (either a segment during their main presentation or a Mini-Direct for the soon-to-be-retired platform).

I have a gut feeling that Nintendo will get the hardware stuff about the NX device(s) out of the way before E3 & dedicate their E3 showing to the games. But I could see them also saving all of their NX news for E3.

AzaK

Nintendo.

They come on stage and reveal a suite of 4 devices.

1) The new HH, free form display, single screen, capacitive touch, cartridges.
2) An HDMI dongle that accept streamed video from the HH, for playing on your TV
3) A home console, with extension port with super fast bus. Daisy chainable and inter/intra net connectible for resource sharing. Cartridge based.
4) An example extension - second GPU and VID RAM.

Then, a new Nintendo store, where ANYONE can make games for the hand held. A-la App store.

After drugs subside, I realise it's Wii U 2.

After then taking more drugs:

The NX OS is essentially a Nintendo-fied Big Picture, partnered with Valve. Nintendo's games will now be available on NX and PC/Mac via Steam.

Oneself

From Sony, I expect:
VR galore...
No Vita love ;)
A bunch of indies
New IP from Bend
Crash Bandicoot reboot (small 3rd ND team & Sanzaru or something)
GT Sports
Horizon
The Last Guardians release date trailer
A bunch of my father is stronger 3rd party stuff
God of War tease

bryanee

I'd like to see a lot of

NX
Zelda
NX titles.
Shenmue 3
Crackdown 3
Mass Effect

I'd like to see Saints Row V but who knows when that gets announced. A Shenmue 1 and 2 HD collection would be lovely.

demanding games like Just Cause 3 barely run on PS4 and that aesthetically is the expected standard for graphics now. With the extra power required to run VR (90FPS seems to be the required benchmark to stop people feeling sick. PSVR is aiming to cheat it by using repeat frames so 2x60fps runs at 120FPS to ensure a good experience)

Horrible pointless example.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
All I care about are two things:

Mass Effect 4 info, and a Dawn of War 3 reveal. That's literally it.

p.s. - An Xbox One+ announcement would stunlock the GAF servers indefinitely.

Well yes , that's annoying, I hate the whining at every e3..not every game or announcement is going to be for everyone.
I mean, people act genuinely surprised and upset when they starting showing the third party stuff too.

We already know they'll be there and they'll be taking up a decent amount of time. It is what it is. I'm not thrilled when they show up either but I deal with it. Third party is extremely vital in the success of these consoles.

I mean, people act genuinely surprised and upset when they starting showing the third party stuff too.

We already know they'll be there and they'll be taking up a decent amount of time. It is what it is. I'm not thrilled when they show up either but I deal with it. Third party is extremely vital in the success of these consoles.

I am not a fan either but it's business....third party games are a big deal industry, people need to be less dramatic.

Some Nobody

This all sounds reasonable to me. Sony should announce the new God of War though.

And new console SKU's.

Thanks. I wasted so many words on that I'm kinda shocked anyone read it, lol. And I also edited it to point out that we prolly won't see a new SKU but instead PS VR. Lots of PS VR.

Nintendo:
"It was a very dificult decision for us but we have to push foward the NX announcement. Please understand. Now, take a look: Scene:*Kim Kardashian: Hollywood for New 3ds*

Joke aside:

-NX
-Zelda NX(U) and dozens of megatons .
-Project Setsuna
-Ni no Kune 2
-Cyberpunk 2077

-Battlefield 5
-Mass Effect: Andromeda

Anyone looking for this is losing. 2015 and 2016 were pronounced "The Year of the Witcher". If we get something, then its a nice surprise. But don't look for it, because I don't wanna see any posts along the lines of "CDPR could've at least given us--"

No. They told you what was going to happen. I'm thinking we'll see it in 2017 with a release the following year. This game is supposedly more ambitious than The Witcher 3, and that's pretty much the most ambitious AAA open-world RPG we've ever gotten. thesethingstheytaketime.gif

Blobbers

E3 2015 was the E3 of dreams.
Now gopher comes in and hints E3 2015 will be the E3 of dreams 2.0

My expectations are out of this world right now.

-Crash Revived
-Sony Bend new IP
-God of War doesn't even look like real life, it looks like afterlife
-Devil May 5ry
-That Sony Japan JRPG that's supposed to rival Final Fantasy VII hinted by Verendus is FINALLY announced
-Bloodborne 2 has an insane trailer where shit really hits the fan and it makes Bloodborne 1 look like a sweet dream in comparison
-A new, completely unknown, unhinted at IP is revealed and it actually looks great. It looks so great in fact that it makes you think this is what the folks at Sony were probably most proud of showcasing tonight
and one more thing
-Chrono Stop LIKE WHAT
-also stealth release of Final Fantasy XII HD you can play it right now, it's up on the PSN Store

and that's just the first 25 minutes

Cilla

This is the first E3 I am taking off of work. I just hope I get the dates right since I'm in Australia.

z1ggy

I'm ready to finally be surprised by Nintendo. Bonus I want a new Metroid. Insta buy of NX if they announce it.

Thanks. I wasted so many words on that I'm kinda shocked anyone read it, lol. And I also edited it to point out that we prolly won't see a new SKU but instead PS VR. Lots of PS VR.

Maybe they'll want to combine the PSVR prince announcement with the reveal of a cheaper SKU. They can quickly show the design, say it is small and $300 then move on.

Surprisingly not that hyped for E3 this year, so whatever is shown will probably impress me. First year where I'm looking forward to releases rather than getting hyped for feature gsmes.

I think next generation officially kicks off in 2016.

I think gopher only hints at sony stuff, but I think I see what you're getting at here. That the Bloodborne sequel is basically a given.
I was just joking. :p Pushing that NX hype folk have!

I would be surprised by a Bloodborne 2 announcement. I would welcome it with open arms though!

After Sony pulled off those hail marys last year I wonder if MS and Nintendo will be trying to score similar hearts and minds announcements.

The Beyond Good and Evil 2 for NX rumour would be something like that I guess.

DarkFlame

Banned
Mankind Divided and Horizon Zero dawn are my most anticipated E3 games...

Also a Dark Souls 3 DLC announcement is sure to be and the Witcher 3 expansion if it doesn't come before June

Top Bottom