• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Beth] 'DOOM Eternal' Teaser

I mean in the case of DOOM(2016) it was out before the Switch was even announced.

How did DOOM on Switch sell anyway? That will probably determine whether it's coming.

I don't think it is a wise approach since many people already played it. No everybody buys a game 2 times just to have it "on the go".

Lanrutcon

I'll be straight with you: Doom 2016 knew what it was, and focused on that so hard you couldn't help but respect it. If "louder bigger and better" is them doubling down, then I can't see how they can fuck this up.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Getting rid of the finishers would be my top request, I agree they got old quick.

I think the better option is to add more animations, specifically, multiple weapon specific Glory Kills. They did get a little tired a million times in, but the mechanic was tight, and it felt good to perform, just needed a bit more variety.

Last edited:
I really need to go back and finish Doom 2016. For some reason I lost interest at the same point (returning from Hell) on two platforms (PS4 then PC).

DonF

That was fantastic!! Dash, grapple, shoulder mounted fire thrower, new gory kills, an even more open design...fantastic.
hell laser saber...YESS

Last edited:

-MD-

It's unfortunate most of that demo was played on a gamepad, the mouse/kb portion was noticeably more hype.

Looks incredible, day 1.

Fbh

Looks amazing. Some great gameplay additions and the new locations looks fantastic.

One of my top 3 most hyped games as of now !

Lanrutcon

That grapple hook is going to see some work.

Also: classic plasma rifle is BACK. None of that sissy Star Trek looking piece of garbage.

MiguelItUp

Day 0.

Only thing I noticed was they haven't said a word about release date.
I'm SO excited. BEYOND happy with everything they showed. The whole invasion thing sounds crazy, and I love all of the throwbacks to the original DOOM 1/2. The classic looking enemies, the classic looking weapons, and pick-ups. SO GOOD!

I was REALLY hoping for release date talk or a collectors edition reveal or something. I for SURE thought it was gonna happen, especially since they showed SO much gameplay.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
By the heavens that looked insane. Some of the environments looked incredibly fresh.
Some stuff:
  • Runs on Id Tech 7. And fuck, it shows.
  • 10 times bigger environments (Or so i heard)
  • Doom Eternal represents the start of an actual Doom Universe.
  • A ton of different locations, looking huge aswell
  • Invasion mode: You can become a demon yourself or co-op with someone to disrupt someone's campaign.
  • ARCHVILE BABY
  • New weapons: The Ballista, A sword, a hammer.
  • Super Shotgun got a grappling hook. And boy, that shows. Ever felt like hooking up to a enemy mid-air? Now you can
  • Pain Elemental returns!
  • New enemies, including the Marauder, who surprisingly looks like Doom Slayer. *wink wink*
  • Locational damage, you can actually see the demons fall apart
  • New glory kills
  • Mick Gordon back at the soundtrack helm, i heard a remixed BFG Division, and also a classic Doom track that remixed. Very ambient like.
GoldenEye98 GoldenEye98 can this be in the OP?

I dont know how but it looks even more appealing to my eyes than Doom 2016. Holy shit guise. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
By the heavens that looked insane. Some of the environments looked incredibly fresh.
Some stuff:
  • Runs on Id Tech 7.
  • 10 times bigger environments (Or so i heard)
  • Doom Eternal represents the start of an actual Doom Universe.
  • A ton of different locations, looking huge aswell
  • Invasion mode: You can become a demon yourself or co-op with someone to disrupt someone's campaign.
  • ARCHVILE BABY
  • New weapons: The Ballista, A sword, a hammer.
  • New enemies, including the Marauder, who surprisingly looks like Doom Slayer. *wink wink*
  • Mick Gordon back at the soundtrack helm, i heard a remixed BFG Division, and also a classic Doom track that remixed. Very ambient like.
GoldenEye98 GoldenEye98 can this be in the OP?

I dont know how but it looks even more appealing to my eyes than Doom 2016. Holy shit guise. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

For sure. I'd sort of assumed that they were going to focus on the combat in terms of like more Glory kills and new weapons.

But it seems they looked at the design from Doom 1 to 2 and said we bailed the Glory kills and combat, we need to make everything more open and more fun which is exactly what the original Doom 2 did.

These guys just fucking get it. They understand Doom.

Redneckerz

For sure. I'd sort of assumed that they were going to focus on the combat in terms of like more Glory kills and new weapons.

But it seems they looked at the design from Doom 1 to 2 and said we bailed the Glory kills and combat, we need to make everything more open and more fun which is exactly what the original Doom 2 did.

It really is in every a sequel like the older Doom 2 was. MORE OF EVERYTHING.

This is why ive always loved Id Soft. They fucking know their craft and never left it for something else.

-MD-

I wouldn't say they bailed on glory kills, they did it like 50+ times during that demo.

Redneckerz

42157006290_4e9f328c36_o.png

(I dont know how to hotlink this)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I wouldn't say they bailed on glory kills, they did it like 50+ times during that demo.

I'm not syaing they bailed on it but they haven't tried to overhaul and focus on it instead of other areas of the game.

Considering how much Glory Kills was such a focus in terms of design and bringing Doom back in 2016, I thought for sure they were going to focus on how to evolve that.

I'm glad they are focusing elsewhere.

Redneckerz

Will arrive for PC, PS4, XBO and... Nintendo Switch.

Done by Panic Button.

Last edited:

Hudo

Can't fucking wait to Rip & Tear again (until it's done). And Rage 2 looked very cool as well. Finally a good Mad Max game!

The level is covered in Zerg creep. It's so cartoony! You're shooting at plastic toys. It's even more cartoony than Doom 2016. I hate this art style.

Also this Doom Slayer bullshit can fuck off... He's Doomguy.

Last edited:

Paasei

Can't wait to watch the gameplay when I'm home. Hopefully it also has the same sick soundtrack as the 2016 game. Such a delight to listen to.

It seems cool in terms of gameplay! Maybe the UI is a bit confused compared to the previous one but I like the new additions! Also, cool idea the invasion of demons (players) into your world! :D

Top Bottom