• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Beth] 'DOOM Eternal' Teaser

dirthead

Banned
Also this Doom Slayer bullshit can fuck off... He's Doomguy.

Completely agreed--glad someone else out there sees it. It's utterly lame and borderline creepy. Such a pathetic and desperate attempt to create lore in a series that doesn't need it.

Idiots chew it up, so I guess it was a good decision money wise, but I find all the "rip and tear" and masturbatory "yes" chanting surrounding the doom guy a little disturbing.

I'm okay with more cartoony art, though. I hated how the demons in Doom 3 started to look more like aliens and insects, and I don't mind the game basically being Iron Maiden album covers since that was the aesthetic of the original two anyway.

dirthead

Banned
Also, don't forget the terrible sounds effects (super low volume for gun noises, explosives, etc.), bugged to hell pistol, very little blood and disappearing gore, no feedback on taking damage, boring music, worst BFG ever, horendous plasma gun firing animation, etc. etc.
DOOM 4 is a pretty good game but it can definitely be a 10/10 if they just fixed all this.

Have you tried the modern Shadow Warrior games? I enjoy them considerably more than I do DOOM 4.

I'm not a huge fan either but it really wasn't THAT bad, mate.

Even in this game the plasma rifle sound effects don't hold a candle to the original game's. They just can't seem to get it right.

I disagree on Shadow Warrior, though. Shadow Warrior 2's enemies just felt like bullet sponges. There's almost no feedback as you're shooting them. They're like fighting WOW bosses.

mcz117chief

Even in this game the plasma rifle sound effects don't hold a candle to the original game's. They just can't seem to get it right.

I disagree on Shadow Warrior, though. Shadow Warrior 2's enemies just felt like bullet sponges. There's almost no feedback as you're shooting them. They're like fighting WOW bosses.

The sound effects still need work I definitely agree (OG plasma rifle is straight up amazing), but at least the firing animation isn't as ultra cheap as it is in DOOM 4, which was a major headache for me (whenever I play Doom 4, it drives me up the wall looking at it knowing somebody was like "yup, it's fine").

Regarding Shadow Warrior 2, I agree that SOME enemies are spongy ON THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY, but on normal they fall like leaves in autumn, except for the bosses obviously. The feedback I find to be great, especially with all the gibs flying about with both melee and ranged weapons. You can push them around, set them on fire, freeze them, shock them, impale them, cut them in half, shoot of their limbs, blow them up...etc. I don't know what more feedback would you need.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
That honestly didn't bother me that much, the little things do more because there is so many of them. Honestly my favourite part of DOOM 4 was the story and the character of DoomGuy, which many interpret wrong for some reason, and Samuel Hayden.

That was not THAT bothersome, but if you really want to find imperfections for a DOOM game in an otherwise stellar entry and you quoted the combat scenarios there is a historical reason for them :). This game seems to address that and if they strike the balance right... oh boy :).

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Oh and the shoulder cannon thing looks stupid and doesn't fit Doom guy at all. It's too techy/mechanical. The new design is bad, really. The predator arm serves no purpose because the doom guy can already literally just pull enemies apart, so why does he need a stabbing weapon?

They should have gone away from the canned animations of the glory kill system. They were almost universally disliked. People don't want to slow down the gameplay for mini-cutscenes. It was bad in the 2016 and nothing's changed. It's really an enormous design problem with the whole game.

It's hard to tell whether they've fixed the level design in the new game, but if it's just more monster arenas and there aren't real levels with a sense of progression as you're killing demons, I'll probably skip this one.

The funny thing about these games is that they just validate design choices in the original Doom. The closer they get to making it like the original Doom, the better it is. The problem is that it's still not as good as the original Doom because of the weird changes they insist on making to it (no coop, quicktime kills, repetitive monster arenas instead of a smooth flow of action as you explore a map).

Ever since Doom 3, I've just wanted to bitch the slap the dummy designers at id until they understand that basically all they have to do is make Doom with better graphics. The game is perfect. Its graphics are just out of date.

mcz117chief

That was not THAT bothersome, but if you really want to find imperfections for a DOOM game in an otherwise stellar entry and you quoted the combat scenarios there is a historical reason for them :). This game seems to address that and if they strike the balance right... oh boy :).

I am quite confused with this post, what are you trying to say?

I am not just looking for imperfections for the sake to hate on a game, I genuinely enjoy playing DOOM 4 but there are things that really bother me, same with most other games. The difference though is that the things in DOOM 4 seem like not enough testing or just straight up cutting corners. I dunno, it just feels weird to find some of the things I mentioned in such a high budget game, but it seems to happen quite often lately. It really isn't as bad as say Watchdogs or Mafia 3 level of incompetence, not even close.

At first I also found the blade and shoulder launcher to be weird but as I understand it the launcher is literally just the grenade button which doesn't force you to switch weapons. So now you can shoot and throw grenades at the same time, works for me.

The blade seems to have made the "glory kills" a little bit faster so that is another + for me. The endless punching in DOOM 4 was quite tedious.

DoomGuy can't "pull enemies apart" without the berserker pack, he just punches them or something similar. I am on the same boat that "glory kills" should only be available with the berserker pack to make them more exciting. That way you can have some truly insane kills and the normal gameplay is not slowed down.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Seriously? The music in DooM is amazing dude. I'd say you're in the minority on that front.
Give me an example and if you say "BFG division" then I can tell you right now that it is not good. There are some "ok" tracks in the game but they got boring fast, I switched music to my own and thus made the game a lot more exciting and enjoyable.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I am quite confused with this post, what are you trying to say?

I am not just looking for imperfections for the sake to hate on a game, I genuinely enjoy playing DOOM 4 but there are things that really bother me, same with most other games. The difference though is that the things in DOOM 4 seem like not enough testing or just straight up cutting corners. I dunno, it just feels weird to find some of the things I mentioned in such a high budget game, but it seems to happen quite often lately. It really isn't as bad as say Watchdogs or Mafia 3 level of incompetence, not even close.

At first I also found the blade and shoulder launcher to be weird but as I understand it the launcher is literally just the grenade button which doesn't force you to switch weapons. So now you can shoot and throw grenades at the same time, works for me.

The blade seems to have made the "glory kills" a little bit faster so that is another + for me. The endless punching in DOOM 4 was quite tedious.

DoomGuy can't "pull enemies apart" without the berserker pack, he just punches them or something similar. I am on the same boat that "glory kills" should only be available with the berserker pack to make them more exciting. That way you can have some truly insane kills and the normal gameplay is not slowed down.

Sorry, it was not a “you” as in you the poster, but a general “you” (as others) and a thought I was having myself and kind of posting in slightly generalised form.

I really really like DOOM 2016, even though I had some preconceptions against it before getting it that playing the full game destroyed :), but if someone were to ask me “was it perfect? If not why?” I would point to the relative strict separation between exploration and combat, the latter mostly being confined to closed rooms and triggered by the user in a difficult to mistake way (Gore Nest mechanism). Then I would point out how that is understandable as it was a reboot of a reboot (costly) and the origin of one of the best SP shooters in a long while was actually an online arena shooter. That’s all :).

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Give me an example and if you say "BFG division" then I can tell you right now that it is not good. There are some "ok" tracks in the game but they got boring fast, I switched music to my own and thus made the game a lot more exciting and enjoyable.

BFG division...not good...

And I'm the queen of France.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Oh and the shoulder cannon thing looks stupid and doesn't fit Doom guy at all. It's too techy/mechanical. The new design is bad, really. The predator arm serves no purpose because the doom guy can already literally just pull enemies apart, so why does he need a stabbing weapon?

They should have gone away from the canned animations of the glory kill system. They were almost universally disliked. People don't want to slow down the gameplay for mini-cutscenes. It was bad in the 2016 and nothing's changed. It's really an enormous design problem with the whole game.

It's hard to tell whether they've fixed the level design in the new game, but if it's just more monster arenas and there aren't real levels with a sense of progression as you're killing demons, I'll probably skip this one.

The funny thing about these games is that they just validate design choices in the original Doom. The closer they get to making it like the original Doom, the better it is. The problem is that it's still not as good as the original Doom because of the weird changes they insist on making to it (no coop, quicktime kills, repetitive monster arenas instead of a smooth flow of action as you explore a map).

Ever since Doom 3, I've just wanted to bitch the slap the dummy designers at id until they understand that basically all they have to do is make Doom with better graphics. The game is perfect. Its graphics are just out of date.

Universally disliked? I can make up bullshit too but I don't try to pass it around as fact.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What is good about it then? Tell me why I should like it. Want to hear an actually good DOOM piece? Here you go.

First, just saying something is bad with zero conjecture is pretty naive. Why should I take the time to explain why it's not bad when your opinion comes off as a hater.

I can't tell you why you should like it.

Calling it bad is just false. You may not care for it, but it's not bad.

I don't like red dead redemption but it's not bad. It's a fantastic game. I just don't like westerns.

Nymphae

Banned
Universally disliked? I can make up bullshit too but I don't try to pass it around as fact.

Right lol? I saw a few people say they get a bit old after seeing them a trillion times, but my expeience was that most people seemed to really enjoy the mechanic.

Nymphae

Banned

I liked nearly every song in the game, and I loved the overall sound design. The music was well written I think, it evokes the right feelings and creates a great atmosphere, the dynamically changing tracks really kept me in the moment, and overall I just never found myself unhappy with the music.

I'm glad you know better music though lol?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Why do we keep updating old threads instead of creating new ones? E3 has long passed. Makes no sense to use this thread.
Feel free to report the OP and suggesting a title change to a more generic title, or make a new thread and request the staff to merge it :) Complaining about this is in my eyes rather useless when you have options.

Completely agreed--glad someone else out there sees it. It's utterly lame and borderline creepy. Such a pathetic and desperate attempt to create lore in a series that doesn't need it.
Doomguy is also called The Marine. How is that valid if the Doom Slayer isn't?

Idiots chew it up, so I guess it was a good decision money wise, but I find all the "rip and tear" and masturbatory "yes" chanting surrounding the doom guy a little disturbing.
Thanks for indirectly calling me an idiot, because i do appreciate the rip and tear part of these games. Obviously, they took a very good look at Brutal Doom with Doom 2016. And whilst that isnt how i would envision Doom's future to be, id Software succesfully (in my eyes) scaled down the more extreme elements of that and included it with Doom 2016.

I would appreciate it if your vocabulary can incorporate less generalizing terminology and tone setting to appear less broad and more positive.

If you are going to use hyperbole like that and present it so staunchily as some kind of fact then ill expect a source where the majority of the playerbase disliked the glory kills.

That means extrapolating reviews and processing them to get a discernable number. Are you willing to do this?

Brutal Doom (sadly) proved that a new generation of players want a more violent and extreme Doom. Doom vets like Glaice (and i think Wildweasel/Rachel/Graf Zahl) are vehemently against this, as it shifts the tone of Doom towards the near-comical. id Soft clearly took cues, but fortunately, they lessened the impact of these things.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I gonna need to see some receipts on a lot of this "They are almost universally disliked" claims.

Because this is the first time I have read anyone feel that way.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I gonna need to see some receipts on a lot of this "They are almost universally disliked" claims.

Because this is the first time I have read anyone feel that way.

Yeah, they were a vocal minority that were concern trolling and shitting it up with 'cut-scene' hot-takes prior to the game getting in all our hands.

It was no way the majority. "pie_tears_joy: In fact, I remember the thread on here and it was literally a handful of people parroting it over and over (like in most concern trolling cases), then the game came out, the reviews, and the impressions... it took their narrative and extinguished it right the fuck out.

mcz117chief

Cool! I don't see the need to shit on people who liked the music the game provides. Just because you like other music more doesn't mean Doom didn't have fantastic sound design and production.
I never shit on anybody, besides, I have yet to meet a person who said that the "sound design" was good in the game. That was honestly the most common critics of the game, the poor sounds much like in the new Wolfenstein games.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I mentioned this in the Doom coop thread. No idea where it is, but it does seem to me that iD has indeed incorporated some Dark Souls-esque like mulitplayer in which you can "invade" other players games. They also need to make the boss fights tough enough so that you have the option to call upon to help another player kill a demon.

decisions

This looks cool and I'm a big fan of DOOM 2016 but, does anyone else think the sound design here is laughably bad? Like all of the weapons are super underwhelming.

Run-M-Run

This looks cool and I'm a big fan of DOOM 2016 but, does anyone else think the sound design here is laughably bad? Like all of the weapons are super underwhelming.
I agree they lacked punch. The plasma rifle in particular looked great, but there was no oomph at all.

Visually I wish it was more gritty. I think they've taken a small step in the right direction with changing the demons, but it's still really maybe too colourful. The original was colourful, yes, but it had that eerie atmosphere the new ones lack completely. I mean it's weird - you have all this blood and gore everywhere but it just looks like playdough and many of the animations are straight up pixar.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...tch-timings-multiplayer-and-a-whiff-of-heaven

Will the game launch on Switch at the same time as PC, PS4 and Xbox One?

Marty Stratton: "That's the plan right now; we'll see. We're still a way away from launching but we have made the decision to make Switch a, what we call internally, 'first class citizen'."

So you're developing it internally?

Marty Stratton: No. We're actually working with Panic Button again, but before, we made the game and then we brought it to Switch, and now we are making the game with Switch in mind. It's nice to know the platforms we want to hit up front.

Graphically it sounds like you're doing even more with Eternal but you said it will run at 60 frames per second - on Switch as well?

Marty Stratton: We don't run at 60 on Switch. Doom 2016 didn't run at 60 on Switch, it ran at 30, and really it was no sacrifice to the experience.

But on all the other platforms it will run at 60?

Marty Stratton: Yeah - that's always the goal. The engine has an interesting way of flexing. It flexes around 60 fps. Sometimes game engines flex around other metrics but for us we try to set the line at always trying to maintain 60.

dirthead

Banned
Yeah, they were a vocal minority that were concern trolling and shitting it up with 'cut-scene' hot-takes prior to the game getting in all our hands.

It was no way the majority. "pie_tears_joy: In fact, I remember the thread on here and it was literally a handful of people parroting it over and over (like in most concern trolling cases), then the game came out, the reviews, and the impressions... it took their narrative and extinguished it right the fuck out.

It's not a narrative. It's the truth. It fucking sucks, and if people were given the choice between seamless gameplay and quicktime events, we both know what they'd pick.

Glory kills are a huge problem with Doom's design. It was basically their solution for making a faster pace FPS that you could play with a gamepad. Instead of ducking behind a 4 foot wall you just push a quick time button and get all your health regenerated. It's bad design.

If Doom 2016 had actually been made for the PC, it could have had even faster paced gameplay with traditional health packs and actual resource management instead of dumbass quicktime events.

dirthead

Banned
Right lol? I saw a few people say they get a bit old after seeing them a trillion times

You mean everyone? Because that's basically all I've seen. Almost every semi-positive thing I've heard about them has been "well, they don't get in the way too much" or "they're not as distracting as I thought they'd be." No one would miss them if they were removed and an actual game design was put in its place.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's not a narrative. It's the truth. It fucking sucks, and if people were given the choice between seamless gameplay and quicktime events, we both know what they'd pick.

Glory kills are a huge problem with Doom's design. It was basically their solution for making a faster pace FPS that you could play with a gamepad. Instead of ducking behind a 4 foot wall you just push a quick time button and get all your health regenerated. It's bad design.

If Doom 2016 had actually been made for the PC, it could have had even faster paced gameplay with traditional health packs and actual resource management instead of dumbass quicktime events.

It is fucking optional and you don't need to do them, lol.

I think the gameplay was just fine as far as speed. I don't need Quake Meth speed in Doom. It wasn't any slower than the OG's that I played 24/7 for years.

Things evolve, and The Originals did not go anywhere, and you can still find new maps for them till this day.

IIRC melee combat was in the original Doom's design documents. So was ripping dead people's hands to use as keycards. Anyway the look and feel of it was probably influenced by the Doom comic.
I think destructible demons were in Doom 2016's QuakeCon demo.

Doomguy is also called The Marine. How is that valid if the Doom Slayer isn't?

"Marine" is how people used to call him in the older games (and the Resurrection of Evil guy too).
Doomguy is what players started calling him. It was organically adopted by the community because it's kinda funny and gets the job done.
xxDOOM SLAYER 420xx is what Bethesda tries to force upon people because they had no confidence in Doom 2016 and tried to make it more epic. "You're not just a badass guy, you're The Chosen One!". It's just marketing.
It's the same thing that happened to Diablo: you played as some random guys in the first two games, then as demigods in 3.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

You should do research about things before vomiting nonsense.

The idea behind Glory kills is actually on video from the developers own mouth on why they were created. And shockingly, it has nothing to do with the utter nonsense you came up with.

Also your theory makes zero sense. There are plenty of fast paced games that dont have quick time events.

But hey, keep trying.

Vtecomega

Banned
Nah breh, glory kills need to stay. The dynamics of alternating between shooting from a distance to dismantling your enemies up close made it a lot more visceral and personal.

dirthead

Banned
You should do research about things before vomiting nonsense.

The idea behind Glory kills is actually on video from the developers own mouth on why they were created. And shockingly, it has nothing to do with the utter nonsense you came up with.

Also your theory makes zero sense. There are plenty of fast paced games that dont have quick time events.

But hey, keep trying.

Oh, a developer said something. I should take it at face value even when it's obviously a crock of crap. They've never bullshit people before.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Nah breh, glory kills need to stay. The dynamics of alternating between shooting from a distance to dismantling your enemies up close made it a lot more visceral and personal.

That's why you add melee options the player actually has control over like...the original Doom!

eot

Banned
What is good about it then? Tell me why I should like it. Want to hear an actually good DOOM piece? Here you go.
I like the soundtrack of the original Doom, I mean E1M1 is as classic as they come, and I like it a lot more than BFG Division, but it's all borderline plagiarized 80's / 90's metal / grunge stuff. It's kinda hard to hold it up as an example of what they should do.

Anyway, great to listen to

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

There's a lot of interesting opinions being thrown around in this thread, but that's what they are, opinions. Can't say that I agree with a lot of it, but, that happens. What I can say, is that I really loved 2016, and I'm really loving the look of Eternal. It's essentially taking everything from 2016, and making it bigger, and better. I absolutely ADORE the throwbacks to the original DOOM, the classic looking items, enemies, and then some. I cannot wait. At all.

Just give me a release date as soon as possible. I wanna see the Collector's! GIVE ME!

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I like the soundtrack of the original Doom, I mean E1M1 is as classic as they come, and I like it a lot more than BFG Division, but it's all borderline plagiarized 80's / 90's metal / grunge stuff. It's kinda hard to hold it up as an example of what they should do.

Anyway, great to listen to.

I agree, it was borderline plagiarized, but maybe that is why it is so good, take the best what is available and put it into your daemon slayin' game. Works great, sounds great, plays great, can't complain.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Oh, a developer said something. I should take it at face value even when it's obviously a crock of crap. They've never bullshit people before.

Yeah because developers bullshit people on crtically and publically acalamied games.

Gotta push that narrative to the gamers so that they can save face on their success and lack of negative press they arent receiving. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Just because you say its the truth does not mean it actually is. The glory kills are a mechanic hauled over from Brutal Doom - Evidently one of the most popular Doom mods of recent memory. Now, i am of the opinion that its popular for all the wrong reasons, but it did help bring Doom back in the spotlight, which should not be ignored.

As a game developer and MAME mechanic you would certainly know what works in today's climate and what does not. Also Doom never really was about ducking.

PC exclusives arent really financially viable, especially when the best examples are Crysis (Which went to consoles later on) Shattered Horizon (Whose studio dissolved later on) and Star Citizen (In development hell).

There is a reason why developers develop for consoles. Its a good way to score additional sales and revenue.

You mean everyone? Because that's basically all I've seen.
So you quantify what you have seen as everyone and does so without evidence. Given how you ignored the prior request for this and seeing how this is a recurring theme, i would advice being against making definitive statements like you do. Especially when you can't back them up and clearly aren't interested in providing sources to back that statement up.

"Marine" is how people used to call him in the older games (and the Resurrection of Evil guy too).
Doomguy is what players started calling him. It was organically adopted by the community because it's kinda funny and gets the job done.
xxDOOM SLAYER 420xx is what Bethesda tries to force upon people because they had no confidence in Doom 2016 and tried to make it more epic. "You're not just a badass guy, you're The Chosen One!". It's just marketing.
Doom's protagonist (often called Doomguy by fans) is the main character of Doom and its sequels or offshoots, who is also known as the Doom marine or the Marine (the latter especially in Doom 3), Doom Slayer in Doom (2016) and especially Doom Eternal, as well as our hero at the end of Doom II. In all the games, this protagonist is a futuristic marine that is never specifically referred to by name.

I don't think its that important to be critical of.

Oh, dirthead said something. I should take it at face value even when it's obviously a crock of crap. They've never bullshit people before.
Interesting and ironic how just replacing one word out of this comment turns this comment from nonsense to actual sense. ;)

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I never shit on anybody, besides, I have yet to meet a person who said that the "sound design" was good in the game.

Give me an example and if you say "BFG division" then I can tell you right now that it is not good.

"Give me an example of something you like so I can tell you it isn't good" - Maybe not shitting on the guy exactly, but shitty conversation for sure.

And did I not tell you I thought the game had good sound design? I saw tons of words written about how good the sound design in Doom is, and watched several youtube videos praising the sound.

Last edited:

mayhemking

There's a lot of interesting opinions being thrown around in this thread, but that's what they are, opinions. Can't say that I agree with a lot of it, but, that happens. What I can say, is that I really loved 2016, and I'm really loving the look of Eternal. It's essentially taking everything from 2016, and making it bigger, and better. I absolutely ADORE the throwbacks to the original DOOM, the classic looking items, enemies, and then some. I cannot wait. At all.

Just give me a release date as soon as possible. I wanna see the Collector's! GIVE ME!
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one :)

IIRC melee combat was in the original Doom's design documents. So was ripping dead people's hands to use as keycards. Anyway the look and feel of it was probably influenced by the Doom comic.
I think destructible demons were in Doom 2016's QuakeCon demo.

It's the same thing that happened to Diablo: you played as some random guys in the first two games, then as demigods in 3.
I thought Quake was supposed to have melee elements? The book "Masters of Doom" mentioned this but I don't remember reading about Doom was going to have melee combat.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
PC exclusives arent really financially viable, especially when the best examples are Crysis (Which went to consoles later on) Shattered Horizon (Whose studio dissolved later on) and Star Citizen (In development hell).

Oh really? Those are the best examples? Wouldn't the actual best selling PC games of all time be the best examples? Like Diablo 3, which was already absurdly profitable before it was ported to consoles like 2 years after it came out? Like World of Warcraft? You know, like games that are more popular than 99% of console games?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Oh really? Those are the best examples? Wouldn't the actual best selling PC games of all time be the best examples? Like Diablo 3, which was already absurdly profitable before it was ported to consoles like 2 years after it came out? Like World of Warcraft? You know, like games that are more popular than 99% of console games?

Developers behind Witcher 3 also stated that a console port in the works or at least on the horizon was one of the things that made its development possible. I also think that Diablo Next will be day 1 on consoles too or at least will come at a much reduced delay compared to Diablo 3’s rollout.

dirthead

Banned
Developers behind Witcher 3 also stated that a console port in the works or at least on the horizon was one of the things that made its development possible. I also think that Diablo Next will be day 1 on consoles too or at least will come at a much reduced delay compared to Diablo 3’s rollout.

Diablo 3 sold like 30 million copies on the PC. It did not need console ports to be financially viable. It's laughable to say that PC exclusives aren't financially viable when there are many examples of them doing incredibly well.

It's more accurate to say that certain types of games aren't financially viable as platform exclusives because they start off being too much of a niche. Something like D3 is basically a button masher that anyone can pick up and play. Something like Witcher 3 is starting out of the gate being of no interest to over half the people who play games.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

"Give me an example of something you like so I can tell you it isn't good" - Maybe not shitting on the guy exactly, but shitty conversation for sure.

And did I not tell you I thought the game had good sound design? I saw tons of words written about how good the sound design in Doom is, and watched several youtube videos praising the sound.

You don't understand. I said that because every time I spoke with someone who told me that DOOM 4's music was good they ALWAYS went for BFG Division which I think is not good, which is why I ask for examples OTHER THAN BFG Division so that I can make an opinion on it.

The second part I would actually like to see somebody say that. Every time somebody was reviewing or talking about DOOM 4 they were like "the game is amazing, best game ever, wooooooooooooo! But the sound effects are pretty shit to be honest, guns sound like farts and all." Pretty much the exact same criticism I saw with the new Wolfenstein games, everything great but the sound mix.

Top Bottom