• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3] Cyberpunk 2077 – E3 2018 Trailer

What rating would you give to this trailer

Votes: 7 2.4%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 7 2.4%

Votes: 6 2.0%

Votes: 14 4.7%

Votes: 21 7.1%

Votes: 32 10.8%

Votes: 55 18.6%

Votes: 55 18.6%

Votes: 98 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
flawless?
the witcher 3 combat had a lot of problems,just because they made a great game,it does not make it flawless and even if they did it does not mean they will always make great games,they also made two games that were not masterpieces
Well compare that to the first Witcher game's terrible combat system... I mean they have ample experience, they are working on the game for like 5 years. They tried every angle and yet people, who sit on their couch, ramble about how shitty it will be when they have zero experience in this regard and they didn't see shit from the game.

xool

Well worth listening to what Mike Pondsmith has to say, including about first person (but audiosync seems fucked for me on this video - really offputting - had to scroll away from the video and treat it like a audio-cast)

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Well worth listening to what Mike Pondsmith has to say, including about first person (but audiosync seems fucked for me on this video - really offputting - had to scroll away from the video and treat it like a audio-cast)
Pondsmith is awesome. So glad CDPR brought him on. I bet we see a cameo of him as Maximum Mike in this game.

Last edited:

xviper

if some people are disappointed that it is in First Person, didn't people claim that Witcher 3 had bad gameplay but due to the amazing quest design and the rich world it's held as one of the greatest games of all time ? so even if you don't like Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay you will sure like everything else just like The witcher 3

i'm in the minority here, i loved Witcher 3 gameplay, to be more specific, the combat, so i trust CDPR to deliver an awsome gameplay like they did in W3

the only thing keeping my hype lower than most people is the setting, i don't like SCI-FI setting, especially after coming from Witcher 3's insanely beautiful world, but i have faith in CDPR that it will surprise us

2020 GOTY already announced

@#$% man!! This thing ONLY launching with next gen consoles?! I understand there will be a peasant version for last gen who wants it..but goddamn..2020? 8yrs in the making.

e0n

Releasing in 2020 would be very fitting. Glad it's focused around first-person perspective, much more immersive.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I agree with William Gibson's "generic '80s retro-future " remark. I think that and the First Person view are my biggest issues so far.

Solomeena

Banned
I agree with William Gibson's "generic '80s retro-future " remark. I think that and the First Person view are my biggest issues so far.

Please don't cherry pick crap from him, his write up was utterly positive about what he has seen. And you really should get over the first person aspect because CDPR already has said they will not change direction on this. Also, the 80s design is anything but generic.

sublimit

Banned
Please don't cherry pick crap from him, his write up was utterly positive about what he has seen. And you really should get over the first person aspect because CDPR already has said they will not change direction on this. Also, the 80s design is anything but generic.
Thanks for the advice but i can do whatever i want. If i agree with something i'll quote it and same if i don't agree with something and want to counter it. You should realize that people have any right to express not only the positives but also things they don't like in a game especially if it's from a company they love and have put hundrends of hours in their previous game.
And yes '80's visual inspiration for a cyberpunk movie or game or book is both a cliche and tired trope in 2018.

Kadayi

Banned

Do you have any links to his larger write up on it? Because I can't find anything via a search and twitter only brings up that initial response to the trailer tweet. I heard some talk about he attended the 50 minute Demo, but again I've not seen anything to confirm that.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Do you have any links to his larger write up on it? Because I can't find anything via a search and twitter only brings up that initial response to the trailer tweet. I heard some talk about he attended the 50 minute Demo, but again I've not seen anything to confirm that.
I don't know what Solomeena Solomeena is referring to. As far as I know, this is the only reference Gibson has made.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Night City metro map:

xTCfAJKwhgG9XuIrChEvI6Q7RGZnXixlamUTUXRt_OI.png

And @1m06s on the trailer we can see the Earth from space, here a quick screencaps:

1529093802-1.png

I dont know what this could mean but that's still cool

Fuz

Banned
Wonder if we can use the metro as a real metro. Meaning, getting out at any station or things like having to change trains. That would be pretty cool.
Wouldn't surprise me, given who the developer is, but it's probably some sort of fast travel.

Kadayi

Banned
Man, I hope there's fast travel...

I dare say there will be options, however, IIRC they said that you will have access to other apartments throughout the City as the Story progresses (presumably as your Street cred improves) so I suspect you'll always have a home base near the action.

I just keen to see how big the world really is. Have they said anything about you being able to leave the city?

I don't get the impression that you ever leave the City environs, however, that Space shot might elude to some orbital escapades.

EDMIX

They’re just trying to put out the fire because they are being asked about it so much and they can’t officially talk about future unannounced consoles yet.

It’ll be on current gen and next gen, I’m sure.

????

Who is "they"?

Bethesda just stated Starfield and Elder Scroll VI is NEXT GEN! Soooooo pretty sure they can openly say they are targeting what they THINK next gen will be. I'm sorry but this is current gen, even digital foundry was able to see many of the screens and agree its likely current gen considering what they've seen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-bethesda-reveals-next-gen-game-starfield

also questions why they would even lie about it. Whats to gain? They still need to seek a profit and I think they are very much telling the truth that it is a current gen game, likely simply cross gen as they will probably have a PS5 and Next Box version as MANY games did this gen at the start. Look at The Last Of Us 2, Horizon, Ghost, Until Dawn, The Order 1886, The Witcher 3, God Of War and many more, nothing I've seen from Cyberpunk or even read based on FEATURES screams next gen as in CAN'T BE DONE this gen. Good looking? Yes, out of this realm of scope enough to be next gen, no.

large.jpg

The-Order-1886-Launch-PV.jpg

fUR9MI8iCrm65xbZABgCksgWYgKpsYUb0xb_F532EjY.jpg

god-of-war-4.jpg

hellblade_14.jpg

but hey, totally can't be done this gen /s

cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018-hands-off-preview-a-stunning-mix-of-blad-990x557.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-8-620x349.jpg

screen-just-around-the-corner.7-864x467.jpg

wxl-cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018-still_62649.jpg

original.jpg

Keep in mind, I believe everything we saw was in engine and real gameplay, as nothing shown was not really done this gen. All of this is feasible this gen, I'd argue teams have done BETTER JOBS with faces this what I've seen thus far. Not bad, but not in leagues of THE BEST FACES I've EVER SEEN IN GAMING lol

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
????

Who is "they"?

Bethesda just stated Starfield and Elder Scroll VI is NEXT GEN! Soooooo pretty sure they can openly say they are targeting what they THINK next gen will be. I'm sorry but this is current gen, even digital foundry was able to see many of the screens and agree its likely current gen considering what they've seen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-bethesda-reveals-next-gen-game-starfield

also questions why they would even lie about it. Whats to gain? They still need to seek a profit and I think they are very much telling the truth that it is a current gen game, likely simply cross gen as they will probably have a PS5 and Next Box version as MANY games did this gen at the start. Look at The Last Of Us 2, Horizon, Ghost, Until Dawn, The Order 1886, The Witcher 3, God Of War and many more, nothing I've seen from Cyberpunk or even read based on FEATURES screams next gen as in CAN'T BE DONE this gen. Good looking? Yes, out of this realm of scope enough to be next gen, no.

large.jpg

The-Order-1886-Launch-PV.jpg

fUR9MI8iCrm65xbZABgCksgWYgKpsYUb0xb_F532EjY.jpg

god-of-war-4.jpg

hellblade_14.jpg

but hey, totally can't be done this gen /s

cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018-hands-off-preview-a-stunning-mix-of-blad-990x557.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-8-620x349.jpg

screen-just-around-the-corner.7-864x467.jpg

wxl-cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018-still_62649.jpg

original.jpg

Keep in mind, I believe everything we saw was in engine and real gameplay, as nothing shown was not really done this gen. All of this is feasible this gen, I'd argue teams have done BETTER JOBS with faces this what I've seen thus far. Not bad, but not in leagues of THE BEST FACES I've EVER SEEN IN GAMING lol
Relax there buddy. You’re reading too much into my post. Look at my last sentence again.

Dontero

Banned

Fuz

Banned
nothing I've seen from Cyberpunk or even read based on FEATURES screams next gen as in CAN'T BE DONE this gen

You clearly haven't watched the press impressions videos, where they state that the level of the city detail, its scope, its verticality, and how it was PACKED with people like nothing before. Also, they all told us what they saw was unbelievable - ALL OF THEM- and one journalist plainly stated he "didn't think we had the technology to do that"¹.
But you know better from a bunch of screenshots.

¹ https://www.pcworld.com/article/3281374/e3/cyberpunk-2077-preview-e3.html
So I’m deadly serious when I say: I didn’t think Night City was possible. Not yet, at least. I literally didn’t think the technology existed. What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
You clearly haven't watched the press impressions videos, where they state that the level of the city detail, its scope, its verticality, and how it was PACKED with people like nothing before. Also, they all told us what they saw was unbelievable - ALL OF THEM- and one journalist plainly stated he "didn't think we had the technology to do that"¹.

TBF, nothing we've seen up to this point in terms of overall game development has really been leveraging the full capabilities of modern hardware and one only has to look at what Rockstar achieved with GTA V running on last gen to know that gaming hardware has a lot of scope when push comes to shove. CDP are using their own engine, which was pretty impressive already when TW3 was launched and it's fair to say the latest version that CP2077 is operating on is likely even more capable.

Toe-Knee

I was really looking forward to this as I love cyberpunk themes but first person and created character made it a hard no for me personally.

I hope it turns out great for those looking forward to it!

I am not sure if it has been pointed out yet, but the game is going to allow you to look down where you can see your body(like in Crysis or Half Life 2). As confirmed by someone from CD Projekt Red. Good news for those who want to play as a woman

ManGamesAreHard

Neo Member
I'm generally the Person who thinks they're so damn smart because they always say not to get hyped over early trailers. Considering the track record of CD Project Red, I'm finding it a lot easier to just simply be excited and enjoy the anticipation without the nagging, creeping fear of having the wool pulled over my eyes.

I'm excited for our little CD project to leave the witcher nest and try something new. If I'm being entirely honest, I think this game will be a bit shakey at launch. Not from a lack of talent or any major unethical decisions, but just from their inexperience with aniything other than slashy slashy magic games. If anyone knows how much external experience they've brought in, please let me know.

Poland Forever!

Havoc2049

I'm glad Cyberpunk 2077 is in the FPP. The original Deus Ex was in FP and it is one of my favorite games of all time and I thought the world was extremely immersive.

Can't wait to see the gameplay reveal.

Makariel

I think FP is better since there will be a lot of time spent indoors. TP really fails in crowded environments and dark, narrow hallways.

goishen

The video, while good, doesn't accurately depict what I've heard about in most interviews. The video looks like it's for Saints Row 7. Most interviews sound like it'll be much more gritty than that.

Makariel

Some more interesting snippets on reddit:

Example:
EmoWhale said:
V’s hands unhinged and blades popped out just like in the original teaser. She spots two guards and leaps on to the wall and wall runs before slamming her blade into the ball to look at the guards. She right above them. She then hacks one of the guards guns and jams it. She leaps on to the first guard, stabbing him in the neck before trainer her eyes on the next guard. His gun jams and V takes him out. The announcer said “we encourage many different play-styles. You can be a pacifist, or cyberninja.” The near mention of cyberninja just made my day.
EmoWhale said:
So there was tons of destruction. Walls got torn up, cover chipped away. Pillars crumbled after immense fire. There wasn’t any cloth discus but the detail in the world was great. Very lovely sub surface scattering effects, tons on population density (almost hitman levels). Didn’t really see too much tech on hair and I have a sneaking suspicion it’s because it’s not optimized yet. I’m just amazed at no load times and the view distance. It’s insane, no wonder they wanted to show this game off during the day.

sertopico

You do realize that the city is literally packed with npcs and different ai routines like never before? You can't of course expect the level of detail of linear, story driven games like death stranding and such. Even horizon, when still being open world, doesn't offer that kind of density. For what they're doing I am completely satisfied, I just hope the game will stay like that till the release.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I wasn't going to buy a next gen console at launch this time but everything I'm hearing about this game is surely going to force me to make the upgrade as soon as possible. No way will a base PS4 do this game justice. I'm not convinced that a PS4 Pro will be enough either. The scale of the world just sounds mind blowing.

Top Bottom